Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Get Famous?

Comments

• Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    I might get it
    I'll wait for a 50%-off sale, but I might get it if the reviews and 'let's play' videos show me something I consider worth the cost.

I have never been into vampire themes, but TS4's vampire pack was --quite unexpectedly-- a lot of fun for me. (I'm not doing anything with the vamps in my game atm, but I'm still glad to have 'em there. Every now and then I find one stalking one of the households I play. Usually I have the house doors locked against everyone who's not in the HH, and the vampire just stands outside the door moping until dawn, which is good for a laugh. However, I also had one HH experience a vamp-intrusion several nights in a row. I quickly locked the room doors for the sims I liked, and let him feed on the one who deserved it. Take that! :naughty: )

I'm even less interested in celebrity themes (I would hate becoming famous), but the team may make this one as much fun as the vampire pack. We'll soon find out!
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    If it comes with ... (comment)
    Speaking of Ninja, it would be interesting to see a sim become a famous tech guru. Then, maybe the sim gurus could be in the game!
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Speaking of Ninja, it would be interesting to see a sim become a famous tech guru. Then, maybe the sim gurus could be in the game!

:)
    Agreed, but I think we've also done you one better than that. More info to come!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,053 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Maybe we should start another poll after more info comes out on Monday. ;)
  • Options

Agreed, but I think we've also done you one better than that. More info to come!

Now I'm excited! :smiley:

Good idea!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited October 2018
    I might get it

Yeah, and the extra fluff should probably be taken out. The options should be more along the lines of "Gimme, NOW!", "Hmm, still waiting for something to really snag me - we'll see" and "Oh, plum NO!" :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Thread's for you folks; I don't need to add anything. ;)
    I'll be interested to see how this updates as more and more info comes out. Exciting.
    Oh hello Ninja! What you doing here?
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!

maybe a sim guru career will be available in the base game ...?

• Options
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I'll be interested to see how this updates as more and more info comes out. Exciting.

Hi Ninja! Could this possibly mean that there is going to be some big news surrounding this pack?? :wink:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Acting is the only hands on career? All careers in game will now have a famou track? Reusing assets already in game (previous careers) like they used base game actual objects as festival objects....now it's reuse careers. :s

TS3 papparazzi anyone? Now if all Sims can 'get famous' in old careers will that double your pleasure, double your fun with papparazzi everywhere?

New world, tired of LA and Rodeo Dr. in these games. Oh look, more fake backdrops of skyscrappers. More money spent on backdrops like in CL than the actual gameplay?

Is anyone (director) going to tell the Sim 'You can't act your way out of a paper bag, get out of here!' ? -SuperStar. I doubt it.

It's called an expansion pack for a reason -- it expands on the base game content. It would make no sense to have a pack about fame and leave out existing careers. Sims 3 Late Night included base game careers (like writer and painter) in its celebrity system -- did anyone accuse that pack of "reusing assets already in game"? Didn't think so. I'm actually more interested in how fame will impact current careers like entertainer, athlete, etc. than I am in the new active acting career -- I've found that active careers don't really work well when your Sim is trying to raise a family.

Plus, why reinvent the wheel? If you've got existing content in the base game, why not use it? We've already got musicians in the Entertainer career -- why do we need separate singers? (I'll admit that bands would have been a nice addition, along with more instruments like drums and bass, but those could come in another pack then incorporated into Get Famous for the players that have both packs.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

I'm not sure about that, since tech guru is similar. I guess we'll have to wait and see! (But if it IS something related to sims becoming sim gurus, that's an automatic buy from me! ;) I'd make a new self sim just to fulfill my real life aspiration!)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I’m really liking the idea of Fame having Perks/Quirks similar to the Vampire gameplay. Vampires was one of my favorite packs, so that makes me more excited to see how the Fame system works.

I’m eagerly waiting for more new info!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

Hi Ninja! Could this possibly mean that there is going to be some big news surrounding this pack?? :wink:

We've only shown you the launch trailer and a couple of ambiguous blogs. Of course we have more surprises in store! You certainly haven't see all of this pack yet!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I’m really liking the idea of Fame having Perks/Quirks similar to the Vampire gameplay. Vampires was one of my favorite packs, so that makes me more excited to see how the Fame system works.

Very proud of the Vampires pack and its progression system! Rest assured, we did not make an exact clone of it for Get Famous. There are some key differences. But I'm getting ahead of myself...
    You'll see more soon.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I am looking forward to a fledgling actor sim try to perform a commercial! Lol.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    I might get it
    @PinkPaws66- :grin: If I ever get it, and still have the sims I play with now, I'm going to make sure this one sim tries to be an actor, but fails miserably! :naughty: Oh yeah, you goin' down, simmie! :tongue:
  • Options
    ParkLisa97ParkLisa97 Posts: 31 Member
    It’s okay
    Honestly I am very curious to see what the town is like, especially residential lots.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!

Very proud of the Vampires pack and its progression system! Rest assured, we did not make an exact clone of it for Get Famous. There are some key differences. But I'm getting ahead of myself...
    You'll see more soon.

Awesome! :smile: Can’t wait to see more of it! :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    EmCross96EmCross96 Posts: 35 Member
    It’s okay
    I'm always looking forward to new items and the new career seems like it will be an interesting one.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Can’t wait for it!!

I'm not sure about that, since tech guru is similar. I guess we'll have to wait and see! (But if it IS something related to sims becoming sim gurus, that's an automatic buy from me! ;) I'd make a new self sim just to fulfill my real life aspiration!)
    good point ... career branch from the tech guru then?
  • Options
    Can’t wait for it!!

We've only shown you the launch trailer and a couple of ambiguous blogs. Of course we have more surprises in store! You certainly haven't see all of this pack yet!

You'll see more soon.

Can’t wait to see everything the pack has to offer!! I really love the ranking / progression system with Vampires, so this should definitely be good :blush:
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @PinkPaws66- :grin: If I ever get it, and still have the sims I play with now, I'm going to make sure this one sim tries to be an actor, but fails miserably! :naughty: Oh yeah, you goin' down, simmie! :tongue:

That sounds like fun!
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited October 2018
    I might get it
    I consider this expansion pack pretty meh, but I think it's because I'm not really into the whole superstar/celeb stuff. It's just not a theme for me and so I wouldn't normally even consider getting it, but I like having extra space and worlds. I'm really only buying it for the world. This is basically the same thing that happened with pets too. I hardly ever use pets. For this reason I don't pay full price. I did preorder this time though and snagged it for $28. For me that's worth the price since I'm basically buying for the world only and anything extra I like about it is kind of a bonus. I do hope to make use of the fame system though in one of my saves so we'll see how I feel about it once it's in my hands. I do like the idea that I can control the perks which is interesting, but I fear it'll be like pets for me short lived after a few months. Really only work for concept saves.
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2018
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Get Famous was not the pack I was hoping for but I'm really looking forward to it since it seems to enhance the basic gameplay a lot with its reputation system. Furthermore I intend to make my Jennifer Lawrence Sim a celebrity in the Sim world. I'm so glad I turned her into a vampire so that she stays "fresh" until she is a superstar. :D
  • Options
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Kuroi wrote: »
    Get Famous was not the pack I was hoping for but I'm really looking forward to it since it seems to enhance the basic gameplay a lot with its reputation system. Furthermore I intend to make my Jennifer Lawrence Sim a celebrity in the Sim world. I'm so glad I turned her into a vampire so that she stays "fresh" until she is a superstar. :D
    oh my gosh i can make the kardashians :wink::hushed: