Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Get Famous?

Comments

• Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    I might get it
    In general i got more excited by it then I would expect from a 'celebtrity' pack. Partly cause it reminds me of TS1 superstar and the active acting career which I really love. The game gets more debt with these open careers and it is in desperate need of that.

I can not really say much more about it, cause there is more info on the way. I do however feel that in The sims 4 always tend to disappoint it's players due the lack of this and that and 'oh, we couldnt bring this in, cause blablabla too much work, not working with the core system blabla'.. So I always feel i shouldnt expect things that are actually things that should be expected for a game in 2018 that had 3 previous series in it's pocket. I don't even dare to think we would get that kind of crazy and insane big addition i could only dream of, cause it NEVER happened for me in TS4. I was never really blown away by something that i totally did not expect would be possible or would make it straight out of the sims communities head. And im not talking about features that are added in later that we had let go after years of asking for it. Im talking about a new feature that is dreamed so big in our head and suddenly appears to be in the game we love so much. THAT excitement.. it's never there.
    So for that reason and experience in all the 4 years of The sims 4, I would say.. it's nice or ok, not amazing and sometimes even bad.
    I can see myself using this pack and I kind of like it, but so far and with the experience i have with The sims 4 and the already disappointment I got with things they left out again that were almost expected and lost chances, i cannot say IT IS GREAT SO FAR.

It would be a start if they added:

- Cars (I know they won't come this year. They haven't even made them yet, they said..)
    - Active careers within active careers where sims could also be an active: stylist, cameraman, make-up artist, producer and decor maker.
    - A GOOD reputations system that changes the behaviour/reaction of all sims in town famous or not. Cheating, being mean, bad behaviour in public are things to think twice about or plan out better, so your reputation won't ruin your life. It should have head turns, gossips about your sim and pretty hard to make friend or date if your reputation is that much damaged. It should also be some task to bring it back up.
    - More basic jobs added (there are 100 threads about this)
    - A BIG new world with multiple empty lots, apartments, new community lots and types to choose from
    - New lot and personality traits. Not just 1 or 2 -_-
    - Major bug fixes that cannot be ignored any longer and ruin the game.
    - It should be hard to get famous. I want to see new interactions, new events, new festivals to attend to get social connections, new tasks within active careers to get more noticed,
    - New social events in the telephone menu. Like throwing a party to honour a (famous) sim. movie night where sims can watch a newly made movie from a celebrity or even their friend, a glamour/rich party. We don't even have sleep over parties!
    - No repetitive acting scenes that will bore you after only 1 sim worked in the acting career.

There are plenty more things I would need to be able to say this pack is great, but I just know The game 4 would never have an open world, adjustable lots, creating apartments of our own etc. So yeah.. It's pretty much ruined for me since the beginning.

You should apply to EA lol , I'm SOLD!
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I have pre-order it and getting my sims ready for it.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I might get it
    It depends on whether I can cheat sims info fame, either via in-game cheats or MC command center, as I only have 2 played sims who I'd make famous, but a few townies of RL celebrities, who would need to be famous for this pack to work for me; I can't be fussed to play those townies so I'd need to be able to cheat them to fame quickly, otherwise I'm not interested.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I might get it
    Not super-excited about this one personally. I'll end up getting it at some point, but at the moment I don't see it being a release day purchase for me.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    It’s okay
    DeKay wrote: »
    Sjofn wrote: »
    I hated Superstar (it was the worst, fight me) and was pretty indifferent to Showtime/TS3's celeb system, so while I'm sure I'll get it, I'm not super excited. But hey, maybe they'll surprise me, like they did with toddlers.

Excuse youuuuu. 🙄😂

I really did, I loathed Superstar. It was the only TS1 expansion I regretted buying. There was virtually nothing about it I found fun. It felt grindy and boring.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    It’s okay
    I'm not personally excited for this - fame is not something I have ever prioritized in a game, plus it looks a bit content light so far with only 1 new career and a new world (I understand you can get famous in any career, but that actually makes me a bit nervous as it seems that the path to getting 'famous' might be easier/more generalized and less 'special' if that makes sense, meaning that a famous chef would not be that different than a famous actor).
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    It’s okay
    It wouldn't have been my first choice, but the pack is growing on me as I learn more about it. But I still think I will wait until a sale to get it.
  • Options
    Winkie22Winkie22 Posts: 6 New Member
    I might get it
    I really not that impressed with the game it looks neat but I wish they would of came out with an actual vacation expansion pack or like a university pack I think we would have benefited from one of those more. I like the vacation pack like the fist sims had, it had a pool/beach place and like a ski lodge and camping place that was so inventive. if they came out with college that would be great too but we will see.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,238 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I’m skeptical on it. It might have potential but that trailer was weak. Hopefully the next one they release doesn’t feel like Barbie goes to Hollywood.

Haha, now there's a thought. :) Maybe I'll have a Barbie and Ken couple for my neighborhood.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    edited October 2018
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Sjofn wrote: »

I really did, I loathed Superstar. It was the only TS1 expansion I regretted buying. There was virtually nothing about it I found fun. It felt grindy and boring.

Felt the same way. I loved the concept, but just like the Sims makin' magic it was VERY grindy and you can lose stars easily. (Then again the first sims game was always grindy.) and I really disliked the celebrity system in the Sims 3 because it was so borked and the majority of sims were gaining celebrity status left and right.

This sounds like there's a way better balance and stardom isn't forced on sims just cause. I like the fact that the pack carries onto other careers and skills for sims to have other ways to be pretty renowned that doesn't have to be acting. Usually don't care for fame related packs, but this has definitely caught my interest. Probably due to my interest in the old Lion Head PC game 'The Movies'.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    I might get it
    With the current Knowledge we have about the expansion. It comes across as a downgrade from showtime and a rehash of the late night Celebrity system which got old fast. As has been said we have got little to no information on how it works with the other careers. And I'm not that interested in my sims being actors (I have always been about the singing career). I would have to see how the system interacts with the other careers first. And to be clear it would have to have some meaningful reactions and not just sing publicly get 5 fame points. The way this is being marketed also strikes to many similarities to Cats and Dogs, as being a cut-down version of an old expansion (Sims Showtime) that will lead to multiple stuff/game packs to get the other careers which I am not on-board for.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Very excited for this EP!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    pearson3pearson3 Posts: 33 Member
    I really loved Superstar so I'm optimistic, but it depends how all the details work out. How the paparazzi and body guards work, how kid/teen fame works (is it only drama club and parent's fame? Other options would be nice too), if the acting career isn't just a few pre-set scenes, how being famous in other careers work, etc. I also want to see how fame works for things that are hobbies/skills and not careers.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    It’s okay
    Not really my type of gameplay, but as a socal native I want the world. I'll probably pick it up on discount before too long.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    You know what I like about these topics is seeing everyone saying "I'm not really excited, might get it but not on day one." Then coming back a few weeks later after the live streams and seeing ppl change there mind because of some cool new feature we didn't know about until then.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Not buying
    I don't really get what it introduces? A couple of active careers maybe? It looks beyond bland to me and far more like a stuff/game pack.

Happy for the people who are excited for it though! I guess it just doesn't suit my game play.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Im excited. Although personally I was hoping for a University/Supernatural EP, being able to make my sims celebrities has always been on my "Do want!" list. I have plenty of sims destined for the limelight! And so far so good, Im liking what I see for content so far. Although fame does affect other careers I am hoping that acting isnt the only one introduced. I'd love my sims to be famous models as well. But if there isnt, its not a deal breaker for me.
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I don't really get what it introduces? A couple of active careers maybe? It looks beyond bland to me and far more like a stuff/game pack.

Happy for the people who are excited for it though! I guess it just doesn't suit my game play.

We'll probably know more about it in the future, there's just under a month left, and the embargo doesn't lift until next week
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Can’t wait for the favorite music of mine to be back
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I might get it
    I'm going to look into it for details before buying it.
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    It should be a game pack
    This is not what I was waiting for in the first place. I hoped for a beach-world. Besides, is this theme pack consistent enough to be considered as an Expansion Pack? I would think of it as a Game Pack rather than an Expansion Pack.

Don't know yet, let's wait to see what's inside. Maybe I'll buy it, but it's not one of my priorities.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    Not buying
    The Ifs, Ands and Buts have won this thread. More people (combined) who think it's meh/o.k., not getting it, and or would but..and or it should have been a GP, out number those who can't wait. That says a lot (whether they get it or not) what people feel about Maxis' direction with this one. Maybe they should have worked on witches or University instead. 192 vs 161.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    If it comes with ... (comment)
    Did anyone else get a ghost comment from @SimGuruNinja ?
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited October 2018
    Thread's for you folks; I don't need to add anything. ;)
    I'll be interested to see how this updates as more and more info comes out. Exciting.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I pre-order as soon as that option was available. I'm excited to dive in!