Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    :D Thanks @rosemow I was already wondering why it wouldn't show up. Yey I am a full member now ! <3
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    WoWDiva92WoWDiva92 Posts: 111 Member
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your lovely description of my room. I am sure I speak for all of us here when I say we appreciate all you do, and wonder if you ever sleep :smiley:
    @AlJay @MrsHosni Congratulations on becoming full members ♥
    Lovely rooms all ♥.♥ Have a fantabulously awesome weekend, and Happy Simming friends ♥♥
  • Options
    MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    WoWDiva92 wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your lovely description of my room. I am sure I speak for all of us here when I say we appreciate all you do, and wonder if you ever sleep :smiley:
    Lovely rooms all ♥.♥ Have a fantabulously awesome weekend, and Happy Simming friends ♥♥

Thanks @WoWDiva92 :) happy simming!
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited October 2018
    WoWDiva92 wrote: »

Thank you @WoWDiva92
  • Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited October 2018
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Bedroom for Twin Sisters who are Opposite
    Gallery name of room : The Trouble with Twins
    Origin id : 88th-BombGeek

Notes; Lydia & Lois are Opposites but more importantly is that they are Sisters and yet even more excitingly is that they are Twins full of Love Life & Happiness - in their own way. Lydia is the playful twin who vows to never fully give up any toys. She is always cheerful happy and also quite messy in her normal day. She moves from project to project without ever first finishing any project she began because her attention is always on laughing giggling and joking around. Lois is more of a study nerd. She wants to excel in everything she has ever started. She is quite meticulous and insist on her surroundings to be plain simple and in perfect order at all times. Her goal is to one day become the most intelligent woman in the world who can and will accomplish amazing things. One would think that being as opposite as both sisters are ..that they would not have anything in common... but.. they do have things in common... both twins are a lover of Blues and they take time out of each day to play a tune together in harmony... and as the day pushes forward... they will come together in the center of the room and share snacks.. tell each other stories.. secrets.. and nonsense. Proving that - Sisters are Forever... no matter what the differences are between them.

Pictures of the room :

Above Overall Picture of Room

bE2cLXN.png

Lydia's Half of Room

UtATD9M.png

qV5AYch.png

ypRcnO5.png

xxu9iPs.png

Lois's Half of Room

1Fiamt8.png

zajvSGd.png

0yWmia8.png

hgxdHjm.png

What Both Twins Do/Share Together as Sisters

9uqEX85.png

g7Or175.png

Overall Room Sides

Yw4Ufjg.png

aF7U3Qa.png
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    It was very nice reading the background details that your wrote about the twins @maryjane2joe <3:) The design and furnishing of each side of the room is very nice! It is nice that there is a pink floor rug that runs through the middle of the room with armchairs either sides of the twins to enjoy sitting there chatting face to face and eating cakes from the display case item,. They would each enjoy playing music together on the different types of guitar. Lydia’s side of the room is a very nice, playful and happy looking area! The floral petals and leaves are a nice touch on the floor. The giraffe, panda lamp and dog are cute there! She would be enjoying continuing to play with the toys that are there.tge animal themed furnishings look great there! She would enjoy sitting on the animal themed chair and have a read of a book from the animak themed bookcase for a little while. The cat themed curtains are a nice touch, and the strings of pictures , hot air balloon and unicorn prints on the wall add a nice look to the area. The balloons light is a nice touch, and the newspapers look great under the desk. The flower floor patterning, pattened bec and wall patterning is pretty! The circular floor rugs are a nice touch under the bed, The neatness of Lois’ room looks nice and stylish.The yellow walls with not a lot on them and the uncluttered floor reflects well the difference to her sister but still looks nice and sunny. It is an organised tidy side of the room. The bolts and curtains look artistically great in vertical rows on the bedhead wall and windows. The items are a nice touch on the window shelving.It is nice that the awards she has won as a result of her hard work are on the wall. She would enjoy reading books from the stylish bookcase which differs from Lyda’s type of bookcase.
    It is very nice bedroom for the twins that reflects well the differences! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    I had a lot of fun with this one and I used my own kids as my inspiration. Two totally different kids but they are the best of friends (Just like Lydia and Lois :) )

Theme for the week: Opposite twin sisters
    Gallery name of room : Study Hard / Play Hard
    Origin id :AliciaMaryAnne
    Description:
    Lydia, born exactly ten minutes and thirty-two seconds before Lois is fiercely competitive. She needs to be the best at everything; school, sports, music, you name it. She loves the color blue and her sister dearly. Lois, is completely content just to play, and play and play! She can't get enough of the color pink... and teddies. Teddies, teddies everywhere! Lydia and Lois are complete opposites, but their differences compliment each other so well. They are the best of friends.
    Pictures of the room :
    x2XAKuz.png
    Q5scOdV.png
    oT12sXj.png
    YT0z1O6.png
    bxtLlpL.png
  • Options
    It is very special that you used your own kids as inspiration for your room @AlJay <3 The furnishing and layout of Study Hard/ Play Hard is very nice! The name of room reflects each of the twins very well! The bunk beds look great in the room. Lois’ side of the room is so very pretty and cute! The pink colour scheme is so pretty, and all the soft toys on the upper bunk bed, on the sofa in the windows sitting nook, and the heart teddy on the lower bed looks so very cheerful, happy and cute! The panda lamp on the bedside table and cute animal pictures on the wall are nice touches there. Lois would have fun playing with the dollhouse and the toy blocks, and playing the cute freezer bunny guitar! She would like using the beauty products that are on the drawers. The posters are nice on the bed side wall. The pink and blue circular floor rugs add a nice touch to each side of the room. Very nice blue colour scheme of Lydia’s side of the room. She would enjoy sitting at the computer desk table in the nook area under the bunk bed, studying hard on the computer or determined to win computer games. The gaming posters look great on the nook wall. It is great that there is sports equipment and books on the floor for her to use when playing sports games or doing some study work. Her sports team photo is a nice touch on the dresser and her prized signed shirt is great on the wall. She proudly has her trophy awards on display on the wall shelf! Very nice windows sofa seat sitting nook for the twins to enjoy chatting together. She would enjoy playing the blue guitar. The guitar patterned bed is nice for her to sleep in. It is nice that there are both pink and blue coloured closets. It is a very special photo of the twins hugging each other <3
    The furnishing and colour scheme of each side of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow you always have such nice things to say :)
  • Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited October 2018
    @rosemow ...Thank You for such a detailed review of my room. Your reviews are always so precise and uplifting to ones own happiness. Thank you for all you do for all of us here in the forums. You have a way of making us feel like family and that is a special gift.. your words give us the smile needed in this vast busy world.
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2018
    Entry form
    The theme for the week: a bedroom for female twin sisters who are opposites.
    the opposite things, which I chose: modern city painting for Lydia and country music for Lois
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery name of room: Country Mouse/City Mouse
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/186E2AD7D54911E885FBADD8C8E84D99?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Back Story:
    Best friends, Lydia and Lois are twin sisters, sharing a bedroom, but the sisters have some opposite interests. Country Mouse and City Mouse are the twin Sisters’ nicknames for each other- even now, as young adults who bought a one bedroom house together. However, they both love cats. Included: enlarged Slablet=new electronic painting device, inspired potion and museberry. However, they both love cats, so Lydia has and a black city ally cat named No Cash and Lois has a fat white country cat named All the Cash. Both cats sleep in the big pet bed on Lydia’s side of the room.
    Pictures of the room:
    IKqI0xF.jpg
    bird's eye view of the room
    Ol8mYOA.jpg
    from the other direction
    mPNNujp.jpg
    Lydia admiring her latest modern city painting.
    DzTRBof.jpg
    Lois playing her favorite country music song on her guitar. She also loves to fiddle!
    WpYmj0B.jpg
    Lois admiring her pristine, masterpiece, timeless flower arrangement. Flowers have always gone along with country music for Lois.
    PYY0eCj.jpg
    The sisters sitting by Lydia's firplace. Both sisters have a fireplace and seating area with two chairs so they can sit by either fireplace together.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The furnishing and design of Country Mouse/City Mouse is very nice! @coolsim9999999 :) It is nice that Lydia likes the City whilst Lois enjoys country music. The colourful modern city mural painting on the floor of Lydia’s side of the room is very nice! The black twisted wall divider is nice there separating off the room areas, and the screen shade looks great dividing off the sleeping area. It is a very nice picture of Lois enjoying playing country music on her guitar. Her country music style outfit and hat that she is wearing looks very nice on her. Her country style side of the room looks very homely and nice! The rooster , hen and basket of eggs, and rabbit are a nice touch on the table at the foot of the bed. The flowers and floral wreath on the wall, and the flower cart looks nice there. The wall texture and type of paintings on the walls look nice and reflect the country style theme well. She would enjoy doing country music dancing on the dance floor! It is nice that she enjoys doing flower arranging on the flower arrangement table. Very nice country style and modern style fireplace armchairs sitting nooks where the twins can sit together and have a chat. It is great that the two differing styles of fireplace reflect their differences, The cats look great placed on the fireplace wall shelf in Lois’ side, and the drinks bucket, music statue and fruit bowl are nice touches on the other fireplace ledge. The modern style pictures and wall decor on the walls of Lydia’s side looks great! It is nice that they have their own cats, who sleep in the pet bed in their bedroom.
    The furnishing of the room to reflect their differences is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    ZKirianZKirian Posts: 124 Member
    Gallery Name: Bohemian Fashion Bedroom
    Gallery ID: ZKirian
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A60A6A5DD56411E886C377C0F1EC7B3C
    Lois is a bohemian artist who loves to paint and play guitar. She enjoys gardening, flowers, and bright vibrant colors. Lydia wants to be a houte couture fashion designer and spends her time designing clothing, jewelry and accessories that she hopes to one day feature in her very own runway show.
    Ju9T9B2.png?1
    Lois' side:
    iUF4rwc.png
    PggUWOa.png
    MN8rOSv.png

Lydia's side:
    vJjWcv0.png
    fBbb4iw.png
    6O3alMy.png
    QgaxqeR.png

"Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow" -Nolan Bushnell So game on.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Thank you very much for your awesome and detailed review of my room @rosemow B)! I'm so happy you like my room and the modern city/country music theme of my room for the twins with opposite interests, including the city mural painting, the modern black wall divider, the screenshot of Lois playing her favorite country music song on her guitar, her country outfit, her country styled, side of their room, the rooster, hen and bunny o the table, the flowers, floral wreath, flower cart, wall coverings and paintings on the walls, flower arranging table, dance floor for dancing to country music and country and modern fireplaces on each side of the room and the modern and country chairs in front of each for the twins to sit by each other’s fireplaces, talking :D<3! I’m glad that you like how the fireplaces are suited to their different styles, the cats on the mantle on Lois’ side of the room, Lydia’s mantle with the drink bucket, music award and fruit bowl, the modern style of the pictures on Lydia’s side of the room, her other wall decorations :)! I’m happy that you like that the twins each have their own cats who sleep on the same pet bed in their room <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The design and furnishing of Bohemian Fashion Bedroom to reflect the differences of the twins is very nice! @ZKirian :) Very nice bohemian style of Lois’ side of the room! It is very colourfully nice! The coloured patterned floor rug, curtains , side wall table, starry ceiling light , floral sunny yellow dresser closet, and sofa give such a very nice look to the room! The bright blue colour of the walls is very nice! Lois will enjoy sitting resting on the coloured patterned stool at the foot of the bed or the sofa. She will enjoy doing her painting on the easel in her bedroom. The patterned skateboards, and the colourful banner and pictures wall art decor are very nice touches on the walls! The colourful flowers and plants on the windows ledges and bedside table look very pretty! The red vase of flowers in the corner nook is nice, and the candles on the bedside table are nice for Lois to see as she goes to sleep. She would enjoy playing the guitar there. The sketches look great on the wall. It is nice that there are planters there for her to enjoy growing plants in. Very nice study desk corner nook! The flowers in the corner are pretty for her to see as she enjoys sitting at the desk table using the computer. Very stylish and fashionable side of the room for Lydia! The red, white, black and yellow colour scheme is very nice. Very nice double bay windows on the bedhead wall. The trim edged white curtains and the red pots plants on the windows ledges look very nice. The fashion letters sign on the wall is a great touch! It looks very effective the way that the beauty products , candles and flowers are placed on the pedestals either sides of the bed! The chandelier lights and golden edged full length mirror are nice touches. The circular floor rugs look very nice in the room area. It is great that there is are mannequins for her to test her fashion clothing designs on . Her shoes and clothing racks collections of her fashion items that she has desighed are great! The pictures of the models and the fashion themed pictures on the walls are nice. Very nice vanity table area for her to enjoy sitting at the table doing her makeup. The beauty products are a nice touch on the vanity table top and on the table at the foot of the bed. She will like using the hair dryer. Very nice computer desk nook for her to use to do her fashion work on the computer.
    The furnishing of both sides of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    AgikitoAgikito Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone, just popping in with a quick question: I've been looking for inspiration while I practice building rooms and this thread is amazing! Both for theme ideas and for some really great looking rooms. Rosemow, I was wondering if it's okay if I work my way through some of the older challenges and, if I do, is it also okay if I use the #oneroomoneweekonetheme tag when I upload them to the gallery?
  • Options
    Agikito wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just popping in with a quick question: I've been looking for inspiration while I practice building rooms and this thread is amazing! Both for theme ideas and for some really great looking rooms. Rosemow, I was wondering if it's okay if I work my way through some of the older challenges and, if I do, is it also okay if I use the #oneroomoneweekonetheme tag when I upload them to the gallery?

Hello @Agikito :) Welcome to the forums and this challenge thread ! It would be very nice if you would like to to do some of the older challenges, and if you do, it would be great to use the #oneroomoneweekonetheme tag for them in the gallery :)
    Happy designing and furnishing of the rooms! :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I made a room for teens. Lydia & Lois both want to become famous (anticipating the next pack). One wants to be a famous musician and the other wants to be a sought after style influencer (or fashion influencer).

Theme of the week: Bedroom for twin sisters with opposite personalities
    Gallery Name of room: We're Going To Be Famous!
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/375337F5D62811E88C2B77C0F1EC7B3C
    Pics:
    JUqZn9B.png
    hceiNwP.png
    XYfp4gI.png
    QeK1qVy.png
    RTRRg0I.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    We’re Going to be Famous is a very stylishly great bedroom for the twins, in preparation for the new pack! @lsnishi :) Very nice red, white and blue colour scheme of the room. Very nice windows computer study desks area! The star tiling under the desks are a great touch! The twins would enjoy sitting there doing research for their musical and fashion style interests on the computers with sunlight coming in onto them. The musical and fashion pictures on each side of the room look very nice and suit their interests very well! The red closets look nice angled in the corner nooks. It is nice that each side of the room is furnished in the same, but with differences based on their opposite interests. The blue and red stools look nice at the foot of the beds. The twin who wants to become a famous musician would enjoy playing the guitar and the keyboard on the great piano keys rug! The large musical note statue is a nice touch there. The lights edged starry mirror and full length mirror looks very nice for the Twin who wants to be a fashion and style influencer! She would enjoy doing her makeup at the vanity table.
    The design and furnishing of the room to reflect their differences is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top