Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    mallissah wrote: »
    Theme for the week: Opposite Twins Room
    Gallery name of room: Twin Teenage Girls
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/50FAB0B0D3CC11E88C316995527B6279
    Origin id: Mallissah
    Story of the Smith Twins (Also Uploaded): Lois and Lydia are as opposite as twins can be. Lois is a book loving, artistic, goth who likes a neat room and enjoys doing her homework. She spends her spare time playing her guitar and writing. She aspires to become a famous musician one day. Lydia is an active teenager who likes shopping, cheerleading, and spending time with friends. She wants to be popular and hasn't considered her future after winning prom queen.

Pictures of the room: I haven't been around long enough to post links on the forum. If you delete the spaces, you can copy the following and see the image album on imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/RvyyZXn

XDJVXzI.png
    x5esiY3.png?1
    edjUPSm.png
    8EfjW2h.png

Hello @mallissah :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :) I hope that you will enjoy entering future room challenges also.
    I will be back soon to write about your very nice room, but just wanted to post the pictures for you now :)
    The layout and furnishing of The Unparalelled Room is very nice! @xamira99 :) You have reflected the twins’ differing likes, interests and personalities very well! It is nice that the furniture layout design of each side is a mirror image to the other. Very nice blue colour scheme of Lydia’s side of the room, and the striped wall pattern, striped bed and striped floor rug look very nice! The canopy beds are a nice touch in the room. It is great that there is a keyboard , guitar and violin there for her to enjoy playing the musical instruments. The musical themed wall pictures and poster , round music icon and club banner are very nice on the walls . It is great that her favourite robot figures are in her side of the room, on the floor, in front of the bed, and on the desk and the wall shelving. The three sizes of violins on the shelf look great! The type of MySims placed in her side of the room reflect her well.
    The diamond theme of Lois’ side of the room looks very nice! The diamond wallpaper and diamond patterned bed look very nice! The unicorn, giraffe, cat, dog , koala , bunny, dinosaur and teddies there look so cute! The lights edged full length mirror looks very nice. The round drama Arts icon on the bedhead , the Arts banner and the movie posters look great! She will enjoy sitting on the armchair watching tv. The floor rug is a nice touch.
    The furnishing of each side of the room looks very nice, capturing their oppositeness! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
    Very nice furnishing and layout of each side of Twin Teenage Girls! @mallissah :) You have reflected how they differ very well! Very nice red and black colour scheme of Lois’ side of the room to reflect her being a Goth. The black spider web patterned walls,and the black bedside tables and lamps,bookcase, and curtains, and the red colour of the patterned floor rugs, chair and desk complement well with each other and look very effective! The patterned floor rugs look very nice either sides of the bed. It is great there is study desk area with a gothic style chair for her to sit on and enjoy using the computer. She will enjoy reading a book from the bookcase. The red lamp is a nice touch on the drawers. She would enjoy playing the guitar. The red roses pictures are a nice touch on the bedhead wall, and the ceiling candlelight looks very gothic and nice! The musical posters look great on the wall.
    Very pretty pink colour scheme of Lydia’s side of the room! The pink colour of the walls, the curtains, bed, bedside table, sofa and of the wall, ceiling , dresser and bedside table lights look so very nice! It is great there is a noticeboard on the wall and a calendar nesr the door to help her keep uptodate with events. Very nice vanity table area for her to enjoy using the beauty products on the table and do her makeup. She would enjoy resting on the sofa, with the busyness of her social life. The pink patterned floor rug under the bed adds a very nice look to the side of the room. Her collection of fashionable shoes looks great there. She would have fun playing sports using the sports equipment. The dirty clothes on the floor and her school bag on the floor where she left it reflects that she is a bit messy! The beauty products are nice touches beside the sofa and on the trolley table.
    The furnishing and colour scheme of each side of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • MelMisplacedMelMisplaced Posts: 30 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Very nice furnishing and layout of each side of Twin Teenage Girls! @mallissah :) You have reflected how they differ very well! Very nice red and black colour scheme of Lois’ side of the room to reflect her being a Goth. The black spider web patterned walls,and the black bedside tables and lamps,bookcase, and curtains, and the red colour of the patterned floor rugs, chair and desk complement well with each other and look very effective! The patterned floor rugs look very nice either sides of the bed. It is great there is study desk area with a gothic style chair for her to sit on and enjoy using the computer. She will enjoy reading a book from the bookcase. The red lamp is a nice touch on the drawers. She would enjoy playing the guitar. The red roses pictures are a nice touch on the bedhead wall, and the ceiling candlelight looks very gothic and nice! The musical posters look great on the wall.
    > Very pretty pink colour scheme of Lydia’s side of the room! The pink colour of the walls, the curtains, bed, bedside table, sofa and of the wall, ceiling , dresser and bedside table lights look so very nice! It is great there is a noticeboard on the wall and a calendar nesr the door to help her keep uptodate with events. Very nice vanity table area for her to enjoy using the beauty products on the table and do her makeup. She would enjoy resting on the sofa, with the busyness of her social life. The pink patterned floor rug under the bed adds a very nice look to the side of the room. Her collection of fashionable shoes looks great there. She would have fun playing sports using the sports equipment. The dirty clothes on the floor and her school bag on the floor where she left it reflects that she is a bit messy! The beauty products are nice touches beside the sofa and on the trolley table.
    > The furnishing and colour scheme of each side of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate you taking the time out to comment on my rooms and sims. Also, thank you for hosting these challenges. It was a lot of fun.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Very nice furnishing and layout of each side of Twin Teenage Girls! @mallissah :) You have reflected how they differ very well! Very nice red and black colour scheme of Lois’ side of the room to reflect her being a Goth. The black spider web patterned walls,and the black bedside tables and lamps,bookcase, and curtains, and the red colour of the patterned floor rugs, chair and desk complement well with each other and look very effective! The patterned floor rugs look very nice either sides of the bed. It is great there is study desk area with a gothic style chair for her to sit on and enjoy using the computer. She will enjoy reading a book from the bookcase. The red lamp is a nice touch on the drawers. She would enjoy playing the guitar. The red roses pictures are a nice touch on the bedhead wall, and the ceiling candlelight looks very gothic and nice! The musical posters look great on the wall.
    > Very pretty pink colour scheme of Lydia’s side of the room! The pink colour of the walls, the curtains, bed, bedside table, sofa and of the wall, ceiling , dresser and bedside table lights look so very nice! It is great there is a noticeboard on the wall and a calendar nesr the door to help her keep uptodate with events. Very nice vanity table area for her to enjoy using the beauty products on the table and do her makeup. She would enjoy resting on the sofa, with the busyness of her social life. The pink patterned floor rug under the bed adds a very nice look to the side of the room. Her collection of fashionable shoes looks great there. She would have fun playing sports using the sports equipment. The dirty clothes on the floor and her school bag on the floor where she left it reflects that she is a bit messy! The beauty products are nice touches beside the sofa and on the trolley table.
    > The furnishing and colour scheme of each side of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate you taking the time out to comment on my rooms and sims. Also, thank you for hosting these challenges. It was a lot of fun.

You’re welcome @mallissah :)
  • WoWDiva92WoWDiva92 Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2018
    Lois is a shy vampire teen that loves to read and hopes to be a best selling author, Lydia is outgoing and instead of writing about the world she wants to see it and become a famous archaeologist. She is not a vampire like her sister, but her love of everything goth makes some believe she would like to be.

Theme for the week: A Bedroom for twin sisters who are opposites
    Gallery name : Lilies and Death Flowers
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/953301C6D3E511E88DC66995527B6279?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Lilies&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id : WowDiva92
    Great pictures by Tiya33
    Pictures of the room :
    Overhead ViewrU1BuMV.png
    View 1gV8KZ0L.png
    View 2EV9BZH2.png
    View 3Sea7chS.png
    View 4yuQnZ4B.png
    Lydia practicing her Grim's Ghoulish Guitar10i53oz.png
    Lydia studying archaeologyvFd1Jdi.png
    Lois practicing her violinzg1HIsy.png
    Lois working on her writing skills with her journalFpga97G.png
    Lydia and Lois are so close, Lydia sometimes shares her life force with LoisNF1fX1a.png
    Lillies and Death Flowers is a very creatively designed room! @WoWDiva92 :) Very nice furnishing of each side of the room! It is a great twist that the sides of the room are opposite to which side of the room we would usually think would be the vampire’s! The name of the room is very great! Very pretty pink and white colour scheme of Lois’ side of the room, who is the Vampire! The patterned wall and floor look very nice. All of this side of the room is very pretty! The floral curtains canopy bed is a nice touch. The cats and flowers wall pictures are very nice touches and the cats look great on the wall shelves and desk to complement together with the pictures, It is nice that she enjoys playing the violin in her side of the bedroom. The pink heart teddy is cute! She would enjoy using the beauty products that are on the drawers, and doing artwork. It is nice that there is a study desk area for her to sit and do her journal. The book reading mysim is a nice touch on the desk. Her floral clothing and colour scheme of the clothes that she is wearing is very pretty!
    The gothic dark theme of Lydia’s side of the room looks great! Very nice blue, black and purple colour scheme of that side! The blue spider web wallpaper gives a great look to the room! Skelly bear is great there! It is great that Lydia enjoys playing the ghoulish guitar, which reflects her goth background details well! Her black Goth outfit she is wearing looks great on her! The day of the dead skulls look great in the shelving cabinet ! The type of MySims on the shelf reflect well the theme of that side of the room. The black cat is a great touch on the desk, which is opposite to the cats on the other bedroom side!The wooden dragon and skull look great on the blue shelving on the other wall . The wall pictures look very scary!
    The design and furnishing of each side is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,100 Member
    Awesome rooms, everyone B)!

4kkjdXo.png

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment @rosemow ! Thank you 😊
    OID:- x4m1r4
    How do you guys get those really great screenshots from inside the rooms?

Hi @mallissah .. You can take the screenshots from a live mode. Once you're in the live mode, you can press tab to enable the cameraman mode. Check out this link for the hotkeys & controls that you will find useful..
    >>> screenshot tips
    Hope it helps! :)
    edited October 2018
    xamira99 wrote: »

Hi @mallissah .. You can take the screenshots from a live mode. Once you're in the live mode, you can press tab to enable the cameraman mode. Check out this link for the hotkeys & controls that you will find useful..
    >>> screenshot tips

Thank you so much! That was very helpful. I finally got a really good shot of one of my builds. :-)

What do you think? These are from the twins room I made today:
    8SOOCD0.png
    8yH1AgB.png

Post edited by MelMisplaced on
    xamira99 wrote: »

>>> screenshot tips

Thank you so much! That was very helpful. I finally got a really good shot of one of my builds. :-)

Awesome! Glad that it helps.. Happy Simming @mallissah :)
    edited October 2018
    That's a pretty cool screenshot @mallissah ! I can see how their personalities are a complete opposite! :D

Pretty unique room @WoWDiva92! I always want to use the spiderweb wallpaper, but I'm not sure how or where... but, you nailed it!
    The pictures that you have taken of the twins in their sides of the bedroom look creatively great! @mallissah :) It is a nice touch that you have taken the first photo with the reflection of Lydia in the mirror. It looks great that the photo of Lois shows what is on the computer screen also.
  • MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    Hi everyone I finally finished my Build for the twin sisters Lydia and Lois. @rosemow good that you made it clear again that they are sisters. I thought it's supposed to be a Boy and a Girl :)
    Also WOW all this amazing builds so far. Nice big rooms! I used to share a room with my younger brother I wish we had such great rooms.
    I decided to keep mine rather small, well here it is:

Gallery name : Twin Sisters
    Gallery link: h.t.t.p.s://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2729797AD44511E888F877C0F1EC7B3C?searchtype=hashtag&category=all&time=all&searchquery=OneRoomOneWeekOneTheme&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id : EESAZ07
    Story Behind: The twin sisters Lydia and Lois couldn't be more different. Lydia a Highschool cheerleader and her tomboy sister Lois who is in the schools soccer-team. Still they take care of eachother, Lydia is trying her best to keep Lois' side of the room clean and Lois is looking after her in School. They are best friends and keep eachothers secrets.
    Pictures of the room :
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/gVrE3P0.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/SUfIvYN.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/oQGVZpE.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/5sLmRG8.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/JfJmv64.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/YCbPdIt.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/lGkXGPu.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/WoiPiCa.png
    3XTWXGf.jpg
    MrsHosni wrote: »
    Hi everyone I finally finished my Build for the twin sisters Lydia and Lois. @rosemow good that you made it clear again that they are sisters. I thought it's supposed to be a Boy and a Girl :)
    Also WOW all this amazing builds so far. Nice big rooms! I used to share a room with my younger brother I wish we had such great rooms.

Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2729797AD44511E888F877C0F1EC7B3C
    Story Behind: The twin sisters Lydia and Lois couldn't be more different. Lydia a Highschool cheerleader and her tomboy sister Lois who is in the schools soccer-team. Still they take care of eachother, Lydia is trying her best to keep Lois' side of the room clean and Lois is looking after her in School. They are best friends and keep eachothers secrets.
    Pictures of the room :
    gVrE3P0.png

SUfIvYN.png

oQGVZpE.png

5sLmRG8.png

JfJmv64.png

YCbPdIt.png

lGkXGPu.png

WoiPiCa.png

Gallery link: h.t.t.p.s://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2729797AD44511E888F877C0F1EC7B3C?searchtype=hashtag&category=all&time=all&searchquery=OneRoomOneWeekOneTheme&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    Pictures of the room :
    gVrE3P0.png
    SUfIvYN.png
    oQGVZpE.png
    5sLmRG8.png
    JfJmv64.png
    YCbPdIt.png
    lGkXGPu.png
    WoiPiCa.png

It's amazing how much you were able to show each twin's personality despite it being such a small room! I used a big one, because I just couldn't come up with a way to make it different enough in a small space.
    The furnishing and design of Twin Sisters is very nice! @MrsHosni :) The furnishing of each side to reflect their differences looks great! Very nice sports theme furnishing of Lois’ side of the room. The sports themed pictures on the computer desk wall are a great touch, the sports equipment are great under the table ready for her to take and use, and the soccer ball is great on the armchair! Nice study desk area for her to enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer or sitting on the red armchair playing console games.She will enjoy eating candy from the dish whilst playing. She will enjoy keeping fit by using the punching bag. The dirty clothes and books on the floor show that she is messy! The soccer themed bedside table lamp is a great touch. It is nice that her prized signed shirt is on the wall and her trophy is proudly on the shelf. It is nice that she has a team photo on the shelf also. Her school bag looks great where she left it near the door. Lydia’s side of the room is pretty! Very nice pink and white colour scheme. The canopy curtained bed is nice, and the heart teddy is cute! The string of starry lights is a nice touch. Very nice desk table where she will enjoy sitting there reading a book, with her pink school bag beside her.The flowers on the desk and beside the table, and the butterflies pictures on the desk and wall are very pretty for her to look at when sitting there. The beauty products and cat plant on the wall shelving and bedside table are nice touches. It is great that the girls are storing items on top of the closet. She will enjoy looking at her appearance in the full length mirror, whilst using the beauty products and hair dryer there.
    The furnishing of the room to reflect both of the Sims looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
    Thanks @rosemow for that awesome review. You see all little details that I put in my rooms. And thanks for uploading it again with all the pictures I hope to become a full member soon I just didn't want to spam everyone with a lot of posts just to get the requirements fulfilled :P
    Hope you have a nice weekend
    3XTWXGf.jpg
    Hey @mallissah thanks a lot. We'll it is was really hard to fit everything inside this smaller place 😅 especially this ruuugs I eveytime I kicked somewhere I move them around maybe next time I will try to use a bigger space 😜
    3XTWXGf.jpg
    Oh man sorry about all the autocorrects in my post my phone is trying to fix the words I messed up in German Turkish and English 😂 and that's the results. I will try to correct them manually before posting from now on.
    3XTWXGf.jpg
    Oh man sorry about all the autocorrects in my post my phone is trying to fix the words I messed up in German Turkish and English 😂 and that's the results. I will try to correct them manually before posting from now on.

It was good what you wrote! @MrsHosni :) You don’t have to be sorry at all!
    hahaha thanks @rosemow but the -we'll- was supposed to be -well- and -kicked- should be -klicked- ^^
    3XTWXGf.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top