Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should a beach inspired pack be a game pack or a expansion pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'd like an expansion pack so there's a chance that it's more than just a resort to stay at -- it's what I've always wanted for a tropical back, and my main disappointment with Jungle Adventures. I want to live in full-scale beach worlds, not just visit one. And only EPs have been showing signs of having full-world budgets.

Agree. If my sims could live in JA - I have many that would strive to do that but unfortunately for all I would like living there - not enough room.

I also had a few sims I could picture living in the woodsy OR world - writers and painters mostly - oh and my herbalist/botanist too. Maybe we just need additional livable worlds that match the vacation worlds or something. Not that they would do this - I wish they would.

I just know I ended up living in New England eventually after many years of Vacationing in Massachusetts and Maine. (I was originally from Florida). So it is not unusual for people to chose to live in places they once just visited. Previous games did give us the options - so I sort of miss that this go round.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I originally thought Game Pack, but if it's a full blown with resorts, hotels remake of Island Paradise (thought a lot less buggy of course) I'd want it to be an EP. Now if it's just a island sized the size of Outdoor Retreat, without hotels and resorts, game pack it is.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Dont care how, just give it to me!
  • Options
    IDEAFRIIIDEAFRII Posts: 19 Member
    It should definitely be an EP if we would get a complete world like those in the images and not just a holiday resort.

I'm not sure what to think about adding merfolk (I haven't played the previous games), but they could maybe be in a secret area in the world like aliens in CL. Yeah, it would probably be too similiar and boring but they could still be accessible if the player really wants to. Other things that were mentioned would in my opinion be a must, be it an EP or a GP.

I want all of those worlds because those look so amazing!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've never been a huge fan of mermaids, but if they get the vampire treatment, they could be awesome.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    With all that you're describing, I think it would have to be an expansion pack, so hopefully we would also get a big world. A new life state, if fully fleshed out, is enough for a game pack, based on what we've had so far (Vampires). So is a new type of business (Dine Out). Scuba diving would probably take quite a bit of work too.

Also, as much as I'd like having horses in the game, I don't really see what they have to do with a beach pack...

Your ideas do sound really nice, though. I'd add one thing. If we do get a beach themed pack, I really hope sims can build sand castles and play volleyball. Those would be fun activities to add. Since they love adding collections, sims could look for seashells on the beach, on top of treasures found while diving. Maybe bringing sunburns back too, since from what I understand, they didn't add it to Seasons?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If it comes with a full live in world with a new life state - Mermaids and water/beach activities EP.
    If it's an island vacation with water/beach activities but no mermaids then GP. Like OR?
    I could also see just getting a GP mermaid pack with a lot less in it overall. Maybe their own area and a way to get involved with them.
    I've not been good at guessing things to come with this iteration yet since they rarely seem to follow the past in how they do things. But I've been pleased by the method so far as it always seems to make more sense to me and be more focused on a loose theme and tool EP's or a more focused theme GP's.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GabrielasReverie13GabrielasReverie13 Posts: 3 New Member
    Expansion please

Being able to run a resort, hotel or small B&B would be incredible.

This idea is great!
  • Options
    LoveDesiLoveDesi Posts: 15 Member
    Expansion😜
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I say game pack. I don't want to pay $40 for a beach that I probably wouldn't use anyway.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    As much as I want it to be one of the EPs.. Now, I don't even know how they categorised it to be a GP or EP. :/
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I originally thought Game Pack, but if it's a full blown with resorts, hotels remake of Island Paradise (thought a lot less buggy of course) I'd want it to be an EP. Now if it's just a island sized the size of Outdoor Retreat, without hotels and resorts, game pack it is.

GP could still add resorts.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I love the look of Manta Reef, I want to live in one of the domes.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I think that it would have to be an EP to be the best island pack iteration into the series.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    My opinion is they should release a pool stuffpack first then a tropical beach expansion pack. If they do more pool stuff in a stuffpack they can concentrate on other things for a tropical expansion like beach activities,resorts,scuba diving,swimming in the ocean,souvineers,submarine tours and mermaids.

Also we'll need tropical themed buy build items.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope we get a lot of tropical looking clothes. Especially for my merfolk (if they are included).

Here is a merman I whipped up using what we have now, thus no tail, but I'd like human sims to have a natural, unexplainable attraction to merfolk. An emotional siren's call that sims don't know is happening that draws them to merfolk in their human form. Plus, I'd like some stuff from a shipwreck that they plundered for some of their furnishings and clothes. Sort of an eclectic vibe.

43236100744_7e1e1f0e14_b.jpg