Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: I'm still torn

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    I really love Seasons. My sister and I purchased it as a bundle with the create your own bundle feature. It really adds a realistic feel to the game. If you like family gameplay, then the holidays are very worthwhile in my opinion. All the new features are great too. This Expansion Pack is worth your money. If you're still skeptical, maybe wait for a sale or just don't get it. If you're not all in, don't force yourself to get it and then regret it later; but it does sound like you're excited about its features, so it's really up to your personal playing preferences.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2018
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I set my seasons to 28 days and the lifespan to long... I pretty much enjoy the season transition... slowly... :D I personally believe that Seasons enhance your gameplay a lot.. :) You can always delete the events/holidays if you want.. and add it according to your needs...

I actually do this as well too! I thought I was the only one!

Cool! :D Although I must admit, having the toddler with a long life span is a 'nightmare'... the mess is everywhere, but I always keep them busy dancing. I turn on the radio whenever they woke up! :D

Haha, yeah. Once you get the hang of it, taking care of a toddler isn't too bad. The biggest things that get on my nerves though are them waking up from nightmares too often, glitches with the high chair, and them getting overweight without any way for toddlers to exercise effectively. Other than that, they're really cute, and....regarding this discussion, the new sprinklers and kiddie pools added with Seasons are really cute as well! :smile:
  • Options
    EmCross96EmCross96 Posts: 35 Member
    If you're still thinking about it...I think season is great. It adds more depth to the game. So much to build with and I really think the changing seasons are great. The holidays can be pretty funny. Your sims will get school off and work off to celebrate which is great for extra catching up on needs and making fun memories for your sims or you can skip the holiday all together if you want. Personally I find the holidays motivating. Normally when I make a house or move a sim in I decorate the house once then leave it but the holidays are motivating to decorate and change things up. Plants finally have a real system. Your sims can actually garden the way it should be and plants change with the seasons.
    I agree with LuckySimmer10, not to force yourself or maybe wait for a sale. We can point out all the highlights but really up to you if it sounds fun to you are not. :)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I set my seasons to 28 days and the lifespan to long... I pretty much enjoy the season transition... slowly... :D I personally believe that Seasons enhance your gameplay a lot.. :) You can always delete the events/holidays if you want.. and add it according to your needs...

I actually do this as well too! I thought I was the only one!

Cool! :D Although I must admit, having the toddler with a long life span is a 'nightmare'... the mess is everywhere, but I always keep them busy dancing. I turn on the radio whenever they woke up! :D

Haha, yeah. Once you get the hang of it, taking care of a toddler isn't too bad. The biggest things that get on my nerves though are them waking up from nightmares too often, glitches with the high chair, and them getting overweight without any way for toddlers to exercise effectively. Other than that, they're really cute, and....regarding this discussion, the new sprinklers and kiddie pools added with Seasons are really cute! :smile:

Yep, I experienced the same thing too! The swing that is added in with the Seasons is fun too!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2018
    I had added a few mods to my game to either add to this pack or to stop some of the annoying features that are caused by it. I'll post a link in case any are interested.

No More Gross Leaf Piles!
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=616608
    Leaf piles will still be there, but won't put off the green stink, and ruin the environment of the great outdoors.

MSQSIMS over at Mod The Sims has created several No Autonomous mods
    http://modthesims.info/m/9820014

Electronics Work In the Rain!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=615979
    Simply because EA has not given the player a way to see what the weather forecast is at another location, before heading there. How many times did your sim decide to head off to the Geek festival, or an outdoor party, just to have the rain mess things up?

And my favorite.
    plants go dormant in winter only
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/
    Go down a little over half way down the page to find this one.
    With this mod, all plants will grow during and be harvestable during Spring, Summer, and Fall.
    Also at the top of that page deals with the holidays for those who don't want to be bothered by them.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @PastelMermaid Thanks so much for the compliment on the house. Yeah, it's on the Willow Creek 50x50 lot. I love the new glass roofs as well. I'm not much of a builder, but I've had a lot of fun trying to build a legacy house that can last 10 generations :)
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @PastelMermaid Thanks so much for the compliment on the house. Yeah, it's on the Willow Creek 50x50 lot. I love the new glass roofs as well. I'm not much of a builder, but I've had a lot of fun trying to build a legacy house that can last 10 generations :)

I wouldn't wanna move out of that house, I mean, I'm not the best builder either by any means - I'm good as going off of a base and tweaking as I go.. I have remade a few speed builds and put my own spin on them mainly.. the main game I play in I built the house from scratch and its super cute but could only last 3 generations max so I give you props for that! - is it on the gallery?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I really recommend this pack. I think it is the best, because it will add greatly to all other packs you have or might get.

I have short seasons, 7 days, and there is plenty of holidays, but they can easily be ignored. Some I might cancel as they appear, which will give some sims in my active household a sad moodlet. But I have a mod installed allowing me to cancel that moodlet, so it is absolutely no problem. If you play rotationally, you can even switch hoses, or just wait because the sad moodlet is not lasting long and will of course be affected by other moodlets. It's not really a big deal.

I normally keep the standard holidays, but might cancel those random popup holidays. Some of them are quite fun, depending on what household I play. Like Elderly Alma is not obsessed with hunting easter eggs, but it might be fun in the household with 5 kids.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I really recommend this pack. I think it is the best, because it will add greatly to all other packs you have or might get.

I have short seasons, 7 days, and there is plenty of holidays, but they can easily be ignored. Some I might cancel as they appear, which will give some sims in my active household a sad moodlet. But I have a mod installed allowing me to cancel that moodlet, so it is absolutely no problem. If you play rotationally, you can even switch hoses, or just wait because the sad moodlet is not lasting long and will of course be affected by other moodlets. It's not really a big deal.

I normally keep the standard holidays, but might cancel those random popup holidays. Some of them are quite fun, depending on what household I play. Like Elderly Alma is not obsessed with hunting easter eggs, but it might be fun in the household with 5 kids.

Thank you very much for this! I like my family gameplay and that sounds like so much fun with the egg hunting.. my mum sim is very hands on with her kids and would love it too (especially as now she's an elder and has several grandbabies). As I'm hearing more about the pack from other and fellow simmers I really am seeing the extra things in this pack that you cant get from a trailer, reviews or a live stream.. these are really thought out comments of those who -probably like me- sit playing the sims for hours on end getting lost in the game.

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    CamilamjamCamilamjam Posts: 31 Member
    I love the seasons pack, I had also just won the lottery and it was really exciting :')
    Picture%2B012.jpg

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Yeah, I've seen it when other people play but at the same time I've been nervous to bite the bullet.. I fell in love with it the moment it got released and then waited because of life and stuff happening at the time. Have you found any hindrances when it comes to gameplay? Or it pretty much is a great enhancement all round?

The only issue I've had is the interaction with the CL festivals -- I'll send my Sim to a festival only to find that the weather is really bad, like there's a thunderstorm during GeekCon and all the electronics are broken, or a blizzard during the Romance Festival so everyone's shivering and trying to get around with gale-force winds. Other than that, it's a great pack -- I love most of the surprise holidays (not much into Brawl Day) and it's fun to create my own. I took inspiration from lilsimsie and made a Pride Day in the middle of summer, and the last day of Spring is Flower Day.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bulldog773bulldog773 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm in the same boat as the original poster, tough call for sure.
  • Options
    @bulldog773 I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

"wahoo" - aquaman