Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I think about the lack of Transportation in SIMS4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    While I would like to see the carpool/bus back, I don't know if we need cars at all. People have already stated most of my own reasons above, but my other problem is, garages are huge and would take up room on the lot that could be dedicated to gardens, studies, pools... especially on those tiny 20x15 lots.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    While I would like to see the carpool/bus back, I don't know if we need cars at all. People have already stated most of my own reasons above, but my other problem is, garages are huge and would take up room on the lot that could be dedicated to gardens, studies, pools... especially on those tiny 20x15 lots.

All the games had that issue and you would build appropriately for the size of the lot.
    My small lots did not have garages. They only had a short driveway in front of the house, or simply the parking object.
    TS4 will probably just teleport the car onto the parking space like TS3 did. You could have a small lot and a car, or simply go without a car.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    How I wish sims had to take public transportation if they do not own a car. Would love if a bus appeared near the house and sims had a little animation of going inside the bus before disappearing to go to work.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'd still hit the map key, pick a place, and go there immediately, even if we had cars. And cars wouldn't take you into the middle of a park like teleporting from the Wellness skill can either.

I'd like to place cars into driveways or garages for builds, or to work on, but I wouldn't use them. I still remember back in Sims 1 when you'd have to leave a community lot because your needs were dropping, you'd call a cab, and then you'd have to sit there and hope you'd get back in time. No thanks. Even put in some teleporter object mods back then to avoid that very thing, lol.

That's because TS1 had more realism. Cats, Sims or anyone else sat in the road and actually blocked the cars. And when you hailed a limo in the EP to leave the studio Sims and other cabs and limos were blocking the route to leave. Just like real life. :D ETA: I think Sims should have to deal with traffic jams again. We do and they have it too easy.

That's debateable. I don't know many normal functioning adults that pee their pants two feet away from a toilet, or set their house on fire when cooking soup, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    rienremirienremi Posts: 6 New Member
    To drive in the different Worlds is not practical, what they could use is the solution they have in old Movies where the actors faked driving in a stationary car standing in front of a Movie screen so it looked you where for example out on a drive in the country. Many interactions take Place in a car so it would be useful in story telling
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Another transportation means that TS2 did well is a helicopter. The TS2 landing pad can go either on the ground or serve as the roof - I've done it both ways. There are 5 or 6 styles of helicopters, including military paint jobs, and they are well detailed inside and out. No road connection needed, so it should work well for TS4.
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    You know maybe if they divided the worlds into (mini open worlds) having a car wouldn’t have been such an issue... my sim ( and other Sims in the neighbourhood) can venture at least 4 lots away from the active lot and also use objects (that are accessible off their lot so how the hell did it not come as an idea to make a miniature (open world) in 3-4 parts of one map ! In that mini section you could have a gym and grocery story a library that was either playable or rabbit hole *shruggs* like I said in a post that got executed by staff on this forum it boils down to Sheer laziness from the EA team why we don’t even have cars or anything else for that matter in the game it lacks so much it’s like they went to the drawing board with no ideas ... like let’s chuck the bare minimum together and create the sims but with a better engine that caters to people to low end pcs ... anyway that’s another story part of me wants to believe they will include cars some how even if it pulls out a garage and storms down the road 3-4 lots away and then disappears and ..... a loading screen at least i can say ok this is something I settled for in the sims 2 and enjoyed it ....
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    In sims 2 cars had no real reason to be and yet they existed.. it's just not realistic to not own a car, even though they serve no purpose.

Isn’t it so sad how we quote the sims 2 for reference in how the sims 4 should be ? Cars in the sims 2 was nothing like cars in the sims 3 there is so much restriction in this game we are narrowed down to comparison to a game brought out over 8 years ago ! How sad is that EA/Maxis need to pull their finger out and start creating good content...