Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What career would you like to see return?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    Education
    Definitely the Education career and also an active Daycare career! :)
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    Education

Military and Lawyer / Attorney as my runners up as far as this poll is concerned.

As an aside, I know it's probably boring to a lot of players but why not have the less glamorous jobs that are held by many people IRL.
    Rabbit hole careers for retail, construction, hospital staff (not doctors) etc.
    Of course getting "Style Influencer" as a career (?) is exactly the type of development I don't want so I won't be holding my breath...
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    but why not have the less glamorous jobs that are held by many people IRL.

This is a very good point. Rabbit hole careers aren't nearly as complex as active or work from home jobs. They don't require special objects, animations or interactions. Maaaaybe some new outfits, but they really only require some text. It should be easy to put together a few new careers.

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Education
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I want all of these.

We have journalism in sims 4. It's a branch in the writer career. Education careers and schools are desperately needed in this game.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Military and Lawyer / Attorney as my runners up as far as this poll is concerned.

As an aside, I know it's probably boring to a lot of players but why not have the less glamorous jobs that are held by many people IRL.
    Of course getting "Style Influencer" as a career (?) is exactly the type of development I don't want so I won't be holding my breath...

Yes, we definitely need more "normal" jobs. I use the Business career a lot because most of my jobs have been office-based, so I relate to that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2018
    Education
    Education out of the options presented.

I'd like lawyer, architect and daycare professions too.
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Acting/Show Business
    I want an education and a lawyer career at least. Why they didn't give us a free lawyer career instead of an influencer career? Sure we have detectives but lawyers aren't detectives. It'd be a nice office job I feel has a wider appeal that would allow people a desk job that isn't business or writing. It'd be perfect a rabbit hole career, which I feel would be pretty easy to implement
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    All of them. Specially the part time jobs.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Paranormal
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I'd love to see a counselor/therapist.

I'm not sure a therapist could work in the sims. That's a very inactive job. By that I means, sims sitting and talking would probably not work. Sims are better at active jobs like sales, chef, writing, etc. Sitting and talking would bore me and my sims.

But I would love to have the NPC Social Bunny and the NPC Therapist back. I thought they were fun.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Singer (Band?)
    I want an active Music Career with lead singers and bands. Hopefully we get it soon. :pensive:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    they didn't give us a free lawyer career instead of an influencer career?

I'd guess because Get Famous is a L.A./Hollywood pack and influencer is more glamorous to the snapchat/youtube vlogger crowd.

Famous for being famous.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2018
    Paranormal
    Lawyer, Military, and Singer all sound like something I'd like as well.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Education
    Education but I would also like to see the return of bands.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    LaziMinxLaziMinx Posts: 53 Member
    Military
    Journalism is already a career, it's part of the writing career as one of the branches you can pick.
  • Options
    CreateitgamingCreateitgaming Posts: 16 New Member
    It would be great to get some more variation in the careers they already offer. Perhaps give them some of the features that the get to work expansion provides
  • Options
    unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    Singer (Band?)
    The one I wanted wasnt listed, so I picked singer/band. But personally Id like the ability to be a youtuber or a streamer~
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • Options
    unmog wrote: »
    Id like the ability to be a youtuber or a streamer~

Like the video production station and influencer from Get Famous?

• Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Paranormal
    I'd love to see Paranormal Investigator/Researcher as a career path in TS4, with the "light" path having to do with clearing out dark spirits from people's homes and the "dark" path having your sim go the "fake psychic" route and make their money by scamming other sims with fake predictions and such. I'd go for that.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    Singer (Band?)
    unmog wrote: »
    Id like the ability to be a youtuber or a streamer~

Like the video production station and influencer from Get Famous?

Wish it told me when someone quoted me... but I dont know I dont have get famous. I more mean like, working from home, making a little computer room or studio or something at your house, and then streaming videogames on twitch or making videos for youtube. :p
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Military
    I wonder where the Guru's gather information on which pack to make in this poll education destroyed everything including acting/show business.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Military
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I wonder where the Guru's gather information on which pack to make in this poll education destroyed everything including acting/show business.

They hire real research firms to gather information for them. A forum poll like this is basically completely worthless for them.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Education
    All of these! But especially education and military. They are so good and basic. I get them through mods, but right now all the career mods are down.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

My guess is that the devs have been working on some sort of Ed/Uni pack for a while and the career will appear in that. If (IF) they try to make it with active schools and careers, it could take longer to finish. I assume that they have small teams who work on different packs at different stages.

elelunicy wrote: »

They hire real research firms to gather information for them. A forum poll like this is basically completely worthless for them.

I partly make polls like this to help the simmers understand why their dream jobs of acrobat/lawyer/fire fighter haven't been included in the game.

But I think the devs really do get some real feedback from the forums. Years ago I saw a suggestion for a very minor thing to be included in the game, one that had never been used in an earlier Sims game. About a year later the interaction appeared in a pack or update.

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Its not listed so I'll just say it. Ghost Hunter. I miss being a Ghostbuster wannabe and having that tune playing while on the job.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERQykz6jOmc
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    Its not listed so I'll just say it. Ghost Hunter.

I should have said Paranormal/Ghost Hunter