Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What career would you like to see return?

Since the beginning of the Sims franchise there have been over 50 careers that our sims could have. Which one would you like to see return?
This is a mix of rabbit hole and active careers from the past. If I couldn't fit your favorite one in, please mention it. And if there is some career that never has been used in the Sims, please mention it.

What career would you like to see return? 388 votes

Acrobat/Street Performer
2%
LeGardePourprealan650111Ayradyssldmarkosmurf45bluekirivianrambahadoerLittlBowBubTLM08Horrorgirl6ParkLisa97 11 votes
Acting/Show Business
14%
icmnfrshGRIMMYIceyJSimmervilleHowGreatThouArtIsb917MeteoraStormcornflake88DJQ1308robyngravesElegantblkchina1NivyxScarbo27MINEZVuloripxelskiesLustianiciaambo1taydevPlumbobCrossing 56 votes
Education
31%
Akl500Pauroraael14pookysimsloverrudy8292TheStarHermitKita5399BarnacleBoySimsontheropeIrishSimmer21aprilroseCabelle1863dreamergrl84simduck88youilivefor92MrsTomato1018PlayerSinger2010fruitsmisWritin_RegIrdiwenLawmay 123 votes
Fire Fighter
6%
KolbyJeanJasebandcampsquirrelCynnaAnmirlaRamblineRosespice3emereSajahiSoulGal7Sekrilsillyangel0906NikNakDestin2016Briana2425costa09YardenroHopeyStarrShinzen 26 votes
Journalism
2%
Bagoas77Puppyloutredor0Furball0simms745citysimmerLight511Dawsonbibi 8 votes
Lawyer/Attorney
4%
LadyDecafrevgrvGracieO312sara4681DopieDopeSimSnaveXsQuillWritermilly260TomatplanteNatachaTheRedLionTeslachick2Reallysoawkward23lolabeeDrachnaeShannon0206 16 votes
Magician
3%
TWSimGamer82overonMarivannaorangehippogriffMaggieMarleyadele_katAgustín CornejoAlanSimsHarlowandMeAlveSihuLady_BalloraNamer25Holiday 14 votes
Military
12%
CK213alexspoom13rjhenn14VibseSimpatsyannCinebarsbatdorffKiaraSims4Modsmueller_litedetermigLaziMinxsimmietimeelelunicyKniga_SitaraMikado-chanjasoninuk1vanilleonsimsSummerStreakDoloresGreySavvySimmie 50 votes
Paranormal
7%
DannydanboIcewolfSimmySimianmusiclover13191quilterkpjustChrisUkmock68SjofnMindofyLizzychicagoJennyggashcrash19MEP199BigCatlover26Lady_albionSimsLovinLycanByondTime89LiELFAuronoiChieftainKriticalKlown 31 votes
Singer (Band?)
13%
GalacticGalGoodywoodimhappyelanorbretonferret9005ANNETTE1951sekojranamarcel21marbergPinkHairGuitarOLDGREEKSPARKY1922yuppBirkscheMezinka12JEREMIAElenPinkEmmaVanefullspiralcatitude5 53 votes

Comments

• Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I can't pick just one!
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    Acting/Show Business
    I said Acting/ Show Business because I really want to see the return of The Sims: Superstar and Studio Town. I think it could work really well as an active career and would fit really nicely with the Sims 4 aesthetic.

PS: Isn't Journalism already a branch of the writing career?
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I said Acting/ Show Business because I really want to see the return of The Sims: Superstar and Studio Town. I'd add Model to that as well.

PS: Isn't Journalism already a branch of the writing career?

Superstar was FUN!!!

Sims2 and Sims3 had careers devoted to journalism including writing advice columns and being tv presenters.

• Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I can't pick just one!

It's a shame that they didn't set up these polls to take more than one vote.

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Journalism
    I want all of these.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Fire Fighter
    Firefighters, mostly because singer/performer and stuff is already in the entertainment career in-game.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    We already have journalism as one of the tracks of the current Writer career -- you have to interview Sims and write stories about them, and it affects your relationship with them.

As for the career I want returned, I'm going off the board and go with the Slacker career from Sims 2 because I have Sims that would fit that career perfectly. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I’d be quite keen to see magician, education, paranormal (ghost hunter) and firefighter; in approximately that order of which I’d like best.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Acting/Show Business
    Acting, Education and Military, those are the three I'd like.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Acting/Show Business
    Ah, military brings back good memories... when all my sims in TS1 and TS2 had that job cuz you don't need friends to be promoted and it gave the best money. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Acrobat/Street Performer
    I voted for acrobat/street performer because my acrobat in sims 3 was awesome with all the cool stuff he could do on stage (rings, balls, contortion), but also because I could only vote for one. I really miss
    The Band
    UgAlWgx.jpg
    and not listed Lifeguard
    fDgzjK7.jpg
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Military
    I voted for military, but I'd love to see many of these come back, plus everything else we had at one point!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Acting/Show Business
    Second choice would be education, because I've had a bunch of teacher sims.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Education
    I voted education but would also like to see military, show biz, paranormal, law, etc. and so forth! We def need more careers.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Fire Fighter
    Firefighter, because for me it would seem like the perfect moment to reintroduce firefighters in general.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Education
    I voted for Education but I would like to see a lot of those careers. We need more careers in the game.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Education
    I voted for Education but I would like to see a lot of those careers. We need more careers in the game.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Education
    Education for bias reasons but this game is in desperate need of another career update. I don't even mind if they're rabbit hole careers. I can only have so many writers and business people
  • Options
    Blueyed_babe10194Blueyed_babe10194 Posts: 17 Member
    Fire Fighter
    Would definitely be cool to have the daycare career back like we had in the sims 3! It was super chaos but I use to make the best day cares lol
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Acting/Show Business
    This was an easy choice :smile:
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Education
    For sure Education. I remember I made almost every other sim in my game a Teacher in Sims 2 and Sims 3. It was my favorite career next to Lawyer
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Acting/Show Business
    From these options I chose acting, but the career I would like the most to return is actually Architecture (from TS3: Ambitions).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Singer (Band?)
    I choose the one that is near and dear to my heart. I want this back so badly, in fact, that I've installed the Road to Fame mod and another one that will allow him to 'work from home' so that he can get paid for his work. I see, I'm badly outnumbered, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    Education
    I’d love to see the return of the daycare profession along with other teaching roles.