Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townie Makeovers...

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @aricarai Great makeovers! I barely remember the Caliente sisters from TS2 because, as in TS3, I have always preferred to play my own sims.

You should totally read the back stories of townies. They're very interesting and I love how they're intertwined from Sims 2 and Sims 3.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @aricarai I have read the backstories of the townies. I do love how they are intertwined but, for me, a sim's story doesn't begin until I start playing them so I mostly disregard their "histories" ;)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I did a makeover and video on Dina Caliente (and Nina too). I did one version where I didn't touch any of her sliders (eesh, that was difficult!), just changed hair, makeup, and outfit. Then I made a version where I went slider crazy, keeping in mind what we know about her mostly from her Sims 2 days - the little gold digger!

Original Dina: This just doesn't look like the Dina I remember from Sims 2.
    44249064314_a2c18982d1_z.jpg

Dina Makeover: Made sure to give her her black dress back.
    43223677080_d06451c766_z.jpg

Dina Extreme Makeover: The QUEEN of digging gold has returned!
    44249064924_30541b62c5_z.jpg

Love it! I dunno what possessed developers for two games in a row to give Dina an ugly little nose.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @InfraGreen: Yeah, there's a lot about Dina that baffles me! The Caliente sisters confuse me even more when you get to Sims 4! :lol:
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @aricarai Dina caliente is one of my favorite sims. Great job! Though I might be alone in preferring her with the tiny nose. :tongue:
  • Options
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @aricarai Dina caliente is one of my favorite sims. Great job! Though I might be alone in preferring her with the tiny nose. :tongue:

I will admit that I have a thing for big noses and stickey outey ears on my Sims. Dina would probably prefer a teeny tiny nose too :lol:
  • Options
    Here's Nina Caliente: I think she's more on point than her sister and actually the cuter of the two twins! :mrgreen:

Original Nina
    30223688747_7afd3d28ca_z.jpg

Nina Makeover
    44271093405_9526fdf471_z.jpg

Nina Extreme Makeover
    30243498427_d1fe48901b_z.jpg
  • Options
    Oh lord, I cannot control the necromancer within....

Thread, I command you now to rise from your grave!

So I found a makeover I did on Thornton Wolff of Sunset Valley fame a full year ago. I thought to myself, "Ahhh Thornton you beautiful boy...this makeover is ugly!" And I couldn't stand to watch him suffer like that, so I gave him another makeover. Everyone, 2019 Thornton Wolff. :3
    OvBM1WK.png?1
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Some "great" threads deserve to be "raised from the dead". :D :thumbsup: You did a great job on Thornton. @Emily4331, and @aricarai - I love your Dina and Nina Caliente. Oh...those green eyes of Nina's... :drool: ~sorry~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer They do! I was so sad to see this thread hadn't been active since October. I just had to resurrect it to show off my dear Thornton. :lol: Hey, now, Dina has green eyes, too! ...Nina pssh.. no no no Dina is the best! Dina #1! :tongue:

On a completely unrelated note, @aricarai I read your name ever single time as basically Harry Caray just without the H and with a longer ee sound at the end. :lol: I'm embarrassed to say this, but it took me MONTHS of knowing you to realize it says, "Arica Rai" and it is not, in fact, supposed to be read as one very complicated word. :lol:
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the Potion Table did a makeover on poor Meg. I don't think that was quite the look she was going for. :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Emily4331 This thread is one of several gems that deserves to be revived and is always relevant :)
    Although I can only see from Thornton's chest up, I can imagine him wearing wading boots with a fishing rod in his hand :) Very handsome!
  • Options
    I don't know if this technically counts as a makeover since I kept so little of the original. I needed new sims for my town so I loaded Midnight Hollow and found Conrad Finley. I was attracted to his mouth as I love males with wide, downward curving, lips. I forgot to take a before pic because I had forgotten about this thread but I just found his pic online. In this pic his mouth looks nothing like it did when I chose his household and more like it does in my makeover, although I did tweak it a little.

32212983327_12a636e5d2_o.png

This is what was left of him when I was finished :D
    32137874687_76f3c792bb_o.jpg

• Options
    Haha - thank you @Nikkei_Simmer and @Emily4331. I do love the Caliente sisters! <3
    Don't worry about the name thing, Emily, loads of people get it wrong even when it's separated :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Of course, This really isn't so much a makeover...as a depiction of how my River McIrish looks. On River and Haruo's wedding day at their reception.
    Reception%2B2%2B%252823%2529.jpg
    But she is a "townie". :D And she doesn't look anything like the "frumpy teen" that EA stuck into the game. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Playing a new save in Bridgeport and I thought Wogan and Matthew could use some polishing. :wink:

Wogan before:
    4ewo7Ko.png

Wogan after:
    TdkTJDz.png

Matthew before:
    Pc9EnMT.png

Matthew after:
    r0voP2E.png
  • Options
  • Options
    @CravenLestat challenged me to do a makeover on Lunar Lake's Amelia Loveland. That is, with one rule: I must make her a redhead. :open_mouth:

What do I win? :smirk:
    jBT9T3b.png

yqw1WE5.png
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Emily4331 She’s beautiful! Her hairstyle is great and love the tone of reds you used!
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Mikezumi , Conrad is yummy :heart: !!! I love different looking Sims though so his white skin really does it for me. :wink:
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Thank you!
  • Options
    I bought Dragon Valley a couple of days ago and I started a test save to check it out. I got some dragons yesterday but thought I should also have a look at some of the townies. When I went into map view John Burb was the first sim to catch my eye because he wasn't a funny colour as many of the sims there are.

This is John as he comes with the world. Of course he has default replacement skin and eyes so will look a little different for others.
    33861411358_5a8d8f9fa0_o.jpg

Here's a quick look at him as a female.
    46821907355_1e40d2a02e_o.jpg

I gave him a little weight because his weight slider was all the way to the left then tweaked him considerably while trying to retain some of his original look.
    47685563212_e365183505_o.jpg

This is the tweaked version as female.
    33861410798_b8f11fff99_o.jpg

John in-game.
    40771959953_a30523935d_o.jpg
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2019
    I was fooling around in Sunset today and decided to make over a few Townies, I only did new hairstyles/colors, facial hair, sometimes eye color, makeup and "tans", but no facial features were tweaked or changed at all. Everyone got new outfits too, some of their starter outfits are truly hideous!

First up: Jared Frio
    Before:Screenshot-1118_zpsy8ncyrwr.jpg
    Jared after:Screenshot-1119_zpsnbrtofzc.jpg
    I had a great before/after of Connor but forgot to take his after picture!
    Gobias Koffi:Screenshot-1120_zpsk75hilz6.jpg
    Gobias after:I really tried to stretch him, I wanted something more out there than what I usually do with him.Screenshot-1121_zpsfafagysj.jpg
    Fiona McIrish: BeforeScreenshot-1107_zpst0tggsji.jpg
    Fiona after: she is a challenge when not tweaking her face!Screenshot-1108_zpsn75dju7w.jpg
    Molly French: BeforeScreenshot-1110_zpsjlktszop.jpg
    Molly after: she was fun and looked really decent afterwards.Screenshot-1112_zpspwn6owzu.jpgScreenshot-1111_zpsyghrh1bs.jpg
    VJ Alvi before:Screenshot-1103_zpsbcy0hghf.jpg
    VJ after:Screenshot-1104_zpsr9iski6j.jpg
    Iqbal Alvi before:Screenshot-1101_zpsddw9fasx.jpg
    Iqbal after, throw him on a treadmill and he'd be awesome!Screenshot-1102_zpspoc1nph8.jpg

I did the same to Madison VanWatson(now Lowell)
    Madison is shown with two different skin tones because I have a new default skin tone.
    Before:
    46943033434_094a66f3cb_o.jpg

After(YA):
    47614302752_8d46bee4a7_o.jpg

After(Adult, plus birthing three kids)
    47675423852_9d30923a9e_o.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I never think to look at earlier pages of this thread but it was lovely being reminded of @Charlottesmom's OP and her lovely, non-genetic, makeovers :)
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2019
    Bunny Curious aged up to YA in my game. She got a makeover and (a lot of) plastic surgery. This was an extreme makeover, but I tried to stay in line with her overall look while softening her features. I think she's pretty cute. Here she is. :smile:

Screenshot-5_1.jpg
    IHJCfa6.jpg