Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2018
    @OriginalMara My opinion would be no, go with standard version...but of the 2 Celtic Lands offers the best of the extra content.Especially if you are a builder who likes doing landscaping.

Celtic is stuff you see in this picture,it all comes down to if you think this is worth the X amount extra

3V6W7Ey.jpg

To me the Bordwalk attire is rather lacking and kinda yucky

dcaL2kf.jpg

Also very important though,the offer for gold version DV includes not only celtic set but extra simpoints to buy the Duke of Bows venue that has 2 premium content the violin and archery range not only that it............

Unlocks black dragons only way to get them is owning DV + Duke of bows.Black dragons wayyyyyyyy worth it they can turn people to zombies,summon ghosts and give your sim free death flowers

So if you can afford it and do not own duke of bows get the gold version of DV
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill
    --I PM'd you a list of my CC =)
    --toddler age...terrible two's XD I always feel bad for parents who have like 3 babies LOL

@Emily4331
    --I never played world of warcraft, but I heard its a really fun game!
    --That's not a way for a party to start :(
    --Aww what a cute kiss!

@bekkasan
    --Oh looks like a busy day preparing for the wedding.The home is very pretty btw.
    --How do you get everyone to eat together? I find it such a task XD
    --Oh fiesty couple lol
    --Wow! Lovely Gazebo.:O
    --Thanks! It took forever to find Horse CC, yeah it seems William may like her.

@coco
    I thought the same thing with her face, look at this picture with the grave digger following her.XD
    42611623_164753124448948_3584375140244258816_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&oh=6489e88d9c35606cdd48310a21443b4a&oe=5C61417F
    --I sense it to.He's already being really sweet.XD
    --Thank you! It took forever for me to find suitable items for the horse lol.

@Cadh20000
    --Heather's room looks great!
    --The fish tank/aquarium is amazing!

@Mikezumi
    --I hope not!
    --Nevermind, he was just being odd.XD
    --The way sims scare each other cracks me up.
    --Ohh steamy hot tub kiss! so cute

@Silverofdreams30
    Yes they do! Thanks!

@TadOlson
    --I actually don't have a school in my medieval world.So I'm all set on that.Thanks! I don't
    plan on adding anymore mods to my game.I don't have a gaming computer like most people do,
    so it can't take the stress of thousands of mods.Plus I rather use NRAAS mods, other than MATY mods.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    --Yep I know about having a military dad.But you gotta love those who serve! I know I do.
    --love the purple sky, so pretty!

@OriginalMara
    Worlds at that price aren't worth it to me.I would love to get Dragon Valley, but I can't comprehend spending almost 40.00
    on a virtual world.I really wish they sold the premium content separately.As for Roaring Heights, its not worth 40.00 to get the extra clothing or at least not in my opinion.

@meerkattime
    I think He's both a gentleman and thinks Claire is hot.XD lol
    Bryce certainly don't like her though.

@king_of_simcity7
    --Congrats on the Sim baby!
    --Wow, she grew up quick lol!
    --I have no clue who's boots those are XD

@MoonandStars83
    --It seems that way.Claire always thought because he was "King" that he'd be snobbish and mean or a dictator.

@CravenLestat
    --Great sim! love the setting and mummy!
    --relationship with a mummy...I can see myself playing that kind of game to.XD

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@meerkattime Thanks so much for the comments. That dinning room is probably my favorite room in the house. I wish I could recreate it at home. :)
    The cow plant pen apparently was immune to the restoration spell that Gardenia and Alice cast when they first moved in. Most be all that crud that drips off its udder! :lol:
    I'm glad you liked the gown. I was so happy it looked as good on her as it did on the web site. I didn't want y'all to have wait for me to cycle to another save and come back to this wedding. :smiley:

@PalmArrow Thanks for the comments. :)@ZeeGee told me about the waltz mod. I don't have seasons installed so my sims can't slow dance. So this was awesome to let them have a lovely waltz as part of the celebration.

@king_of_simcity7 Congrats to Janie and Ross. Cute kid.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the comment. :)

@Hallonsaft11 Thanks so much for commenting. :) I'm looking forward to the next chapter in the families life. Well, it is funny seeing her take pictures of your celebrity sims. :) She could be selling them to the local gossip rag. :lol: I'd rather try a maid or butler again then a bonehilda!

@Emily4331 Thanks. :)

@MoonandStars83 Thanks so much for the comments.
    Congrats on a witch baby!

@Jazzypoo Thanks for the comments. :) I had tried Midnight Hollow when it first came out and it was just too dark. I love having the lighting mod that really helps my old eyes see! I found another mod that lightens the terrain, but want to try that in an empty Midnight Hollow rather than my story world first. I love the eccentric sims in town and I totally <3 my supernaturals. Moonlight Falls is my favorite town and if I don't think there are enough supernaturals in town from SP I go around converting with MC. :grin: I've got one active human family in a Moonlight Falls save which is totally strange for me.

@CravenLestat Cora is cute even with dirt. You did make her adventurous and brave and I would say flirting and snuggling a mummy must be an adventure in itself.

@Springfairy556 Thanks for the comments. I use a mod for serving meals from MTS. Sure makes it nice for family meals.
  • Options
    So I am downloading a lot for my medieval world, but it comes as a .package, does it go in my library or in my packages? I tried both and it won't show up in-game.Its a medieval festival grounds.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    So I am downloading a lot for my medieval world, but it comes as a .package, does it go in my library or in my packages? I tried both and it won't show up in-game.Its a medieval festival grounds.

It should work in the library - have you tried adding it to DCBackup as well. I'm not sure if that'll help but that's where I usually pick up packages that I want to place into my library because I can't get them to install through the launcher.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    Told ya, it was gonna be another "monstrosity". :D

Screenshot-23.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Karritz wrote: »

It should work in the library - have you tried adding it to DCBackup as well. I'm not sure if that'll help but that's where I usually pick up packages that I want to place into my library because I can't get them to install through the launcher.

Its not the type of package that can be installed via a launcher.Its an actual .package file like NRAAS files.But I'll try it.Because I placed it in both mods and library and its not showing up.And I can't find any other medieval themed festival grounds.This one was made specifically for this world.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Computer is installing Mortal Kombat X, so this is probably going to take me 8 years to post. :lol:

Some new swimsuits from that game I was talking about. Though I didn't rip them. Someone on DeviantArt did. I couldn't get my ripper to work. :( so shout out to DeviantArt man.

Anyway,

I finally tested that volleyball and net:
    ntoXUbK.jpg
    Pretty cute! Though they are just playing catch over it. :sweat_smile:

cEOae1r.png
    swimsuit:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqg76nfzails626/ayaneswimfull.package?dl=0

itjP9Kl.png

3AmFc2D.png

PCc9Qd0.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbhef6ji8w60vq6/helenafull3.package?dl=0

P4MP1a7.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0vuoqj0zmdknf2/ayameswim.package?dl=0

And a scenic shot:
    BXWfsIu.png
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @meerkattime , I had WAY too much fun with the breeding experiment of Becky and Connor (only in CAS they didn't actually do the deed :p ).

Momma Becky:

44257602964_ab49af5982_c.jpg

Daddy Connor:

44257603114_d15f567765_c.jpg

There were a bunch of what were basically duplicates, with different hair, never did get a very good "blend".

This one showed up a lot! Those lips are hideous!!

44257602664_680c0c67a5_c.jpg

This one is tolerable with a few minor tweaks (eyebrows and hair), I keep forgetting to recolor Connor's roots! I was flipping through the random names and Maebe came up, I kept it because it's a big maybe if she will stay or not. ;)

44257602334_a0af40d04c_c.jpg

This was one male I really liked, he's mostly Connor..he's obviously untweaked.

44257601884_3db08eb57b_c.jpg

This is the male I really liked, he looks like the other guy but with Connor's hair color.

44257602004_cbe7674aa9_c.jpg

His final look...he was dubbed Jaron (one of the random names), I'm keeping him. Actually it's not his final look, I tried these eyebrows on him but forgot to put the Frio eyebrows back on him.

44257601784_a107ae5ce3_c.jpg

The house I plopped them in...a Dragon Valley house.

44257601504_0e2430b482_c.jpg

After some remodeling..

43164994560_5747d2982e_c.jpg

He's so thrilled to be here...

44257600844_5a2d54c2c8_c.jpg

His exact thought is: 'Why do you do these horrible things to me?'

44257600384_f3d0270a98_c.jpg

It's okay Connor, it appears you family isn't too thrilled with you either, I aged down the kids..

43165012050_69d1d21005_c.jpg

Becky got a bit scorched.

31104000208_dfe274c08a_c.jpg

Aged them up to teen as Becky and Connor will be obliterated and the teens will live together alone, I need a few more teens in town.

31103998258_499a2cdf3c_c.jpg

Maebe REALLY loved that cake!

31103994978_6f9724f6ec_c.jpg

Maebe's turn...

44065011595_ca4cc17329_c.jpg

Oh crud, forgot to make sure they were related, sometimes CAS messes up on me and when I relate them they unrelate...they were unrelated.

44065008675_44701c6c83_c.jpg

I just left them alone to see what they would do..tons of flirting is what happened.

44065008195_5e1b21c04a_c.jpg

I introduced a clone then decided I should really be working on a story rather than wasting time on a family I will be deleting (except Jaron, he went in the bin).

44065006825_36ac30a6f2_c.jpg

Cruddy picture of Jaron as a YA with the correct eyebrows and his "dream shirt" (I had a dream a few years back I was in a classroom and a guy who looked very much like Connor was wearing a shirt exactly like that).

44921467512_b0128d66a2_c.jpg

:smiley:
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 3024

@TadOlson Thanks and great update :)

@Emily4331 I can see my youngest niece wearing shoes like that! Kai Leiko looks great! Nice choice of hair for him :) He and Io look very happy together :)
    Lovely pics of Io relaxing in the hot tub :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks :)

@Karritz I only played The Sims 1 for a short while and don't remember much about it. I do remember that I loved a lot of the romantic interactions in TS2 that I would have loved to see in TS3.

@Charlottesmom Thanks for the lovely comments :) I don't have 700 sims in my bin now! That's how many I had in America. I did bring them with me on disc but I would be surprised if I have more than 200 in my bin currently.
    I really like Goodwin and Sinbad and think they will be great town fillers :) "Mildly PMS-y" nearly made me spit my coffee! :D

@bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :) I also like to see the fails on the mechanical bull. Sim fails, in whatever they are doing, are funny and give the best expressions :)
    I am not ready for a pregnancy in that save so I was a little angry with Connor :# but I will get over it ;)
  • Options
    Page 3025

@Silverofdreams30 Lovely pics of Ty at the beach. I am sure they will make emorrill smile :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Braden got lucky with the bees this time! :D
    Beautiful fog scenes :)
    Haruo's garden is impressive!
    Greta looks surprisingly good with the bright yellow hair ;)

@Emily4331 Thanks for the lovely comments :) Connor surprised me by trying for baby at the Art Gallery as well. I guess unflirty doesn't mean sims don't have needs ;)

@Hallonsaft11 Thanks for the lovely comments :) Goodwin and Sinbad are from Twinbrook which comes with Ambitions. I can't wait to see what Connor and Morty's baby looks like! :) I checked Alec and Jared and neither was pregnant but Jared has since tried for baby in a place where he couldn't woohoo so I might have to watch him closely at home! ;)
    You do have a bad maid! :# I don't like maids at all! If my sims are not at home or I am not watching the lot they don't even do anything. They just stand outside the door until their time is up if I watch them in map view. They only move when I put the camera on the lot and even then they are slow!

@emorrill Thanks for the lovely comments :) No I won't be playing Goodwin and Sinbad as couples (although I could change my mind some day). I see them more as town fillers.
    Why don't you like Shark? He's not bad looking in his natural state and his traits are not bad like his family's.
    I think Sam looks a little pale but not in a bad way. I actually love pale sims.

@meerkattime Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I love autumn too! I also hate the short days. I don't like the long days of summer but somewhere in between would be nice :)
    I would also like a man who cooks! LOL Not true - I don't want a man in my life! I am too old now to put up with another man! :D
    Whoever instigates the try for baby gets pregnant. The settings can be changed to random or so the target gets pregnant but I think if a sim tries for baby without my permission they should be the one to carry it ;)
    The problem with romantic interests is that they don't consider it to be in a relationship when sims ask but that it still causes problems with future relationships if sims don't ask their romantic interests to be friends before moving on. I would be surprised if Goodwin actually knew the girl carrying his baby. This is the reason I generally don't like playing the original townies. For me, sim stories don't begin until I start playing them. I don't mind reading the back stories that come with the families but that doesn't I want to play them!

@Puddinroy I am sorry that your computer is down :( I hope you can fix it!

@MoonandStars83 I won't be playing Goodwin and Sinbad. I just wanted to see what their kids would look like if I put them in a town as a couple.
    Thanks for the comments :)
    Isabelle looks lovely :) Iris is nice too! Harvey is handsome!

@Charlottesmom Julia must have been beside herself with worry at Rosie's behaviour :( So sad that Rosie was too young to tell her what was wrong :(
    Julia looks so tired.
    She was desperate! I don't blame her for using magic!
    Poor Connor going through the same thing :(
    At least the spells gave the kids some comfort for a while.
    Adorable pics of Jasper playing with Edward :)
    So sad that Rosie wasn't able to make friends with Rowan. Her love for Rowan must have been too strong even for Julia's spell :(

@Springfairy556 That Bryce is a piece of work! King William seems like a nice man!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,130 Member
    I promised some of you simmers some pictures (before I do feedback) so here it goes. :blush:

@Mikezumi I tracked down Jensen and threw him into CAS to fix his chin. :p

Good nelly he does NOT look the same without my Eskin Fresh skin! :flushed:

Screenshot.jpg
    (I switched from the default to non-default version because I don't like how the skin looks on women...especially the more heavier set ones. And this was the first time I realized just how much of a difference a skintone can make on the appearance of your sim!! :open_mouth: I never would've thunk it! You don't even want to see how SAM looks without the skintone... :scream: Anyhoo... )

Boom! Put the skintone right back on him. ;) THERE'S my Jensen! :love:

And then I reduced the size of his chin just a tiny bit. (I hope you can see the change based on the above pic...)

Screenshot-2.jpg

Better? ;)

Oh and here's his profile I forgot to show you:

Screenshot-3.jpg

And now to try out that Supernatural tattoo I found. :smirk:

Screenshot-4.jpg

Yeeeeah! :smiley:

Some pics of him in Live mode. :)

OMGosh @bekkasan is THIS what you meant by the shiny, white spots on the calves??

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Goodness, I never noticed until you told me about it. :lol:

Cracking an egg...

Screenshot-6.jpg

Jensen, you can cook waffles in your underwear for me ANY time! :smirk:

Screenshot-7.jpg

Funny face! :lol: I wonder what he's thinking about?

Screenshot-8.jpg

Ooh. :love:

Screenshot-9.jpg

(Gosh the lighting really su'cks in this house... )

Anyway, moving on. ;)

@Emily4331 I have a couple of things here to share for you. :blush:

I added your Victor sim into my game (and even the eyebrows you linked me to ;) ) and I was excited to see how he would look. <3

Oh gracious! :flushed:

Screenshot-10.jpg

It's ok, I know this happens when the creator has a different skintone than what I use. ;) And hey! I have the outfit you already dressed him in! :smiley: Sweet!

So I took care of the skintone, gave him the eyebrows, and some hair that looked similar to the one you had on him. Also I gave him new eyes and similar facial hair. (Please send me links to places where one can find some nice facial hair CC :blush: )

The result?

Screenshot-11.jpg

Hi there Victor. :love: Welcome to Goddess Emorrill's sim world!

Ooh. <3 You are charming!

Screenshot-12.jpg

Good nelly, what kind of shoes are those?? :worried:

Screenshot-13.jpg

Better. :blush:

Screenshot-14.jpg

Bye bye for now Victor. <3

Ok, for your Genie outfit I chose my Mayra Huerta sim to model it because I felt the outfit would suit her best. :)
    (And trying to find the right skintone shade was a pain on her too! :confounded: I might just go back to the default version of it, but ugh!! )

So yeah, here's Mayra:

Screenshot-15.jpg

While scrolling to find the genie outfit, look what else I found first! :smiley:

Screenshot-16.jpg

It's super cute! :) Great job on that one!

Once I found the genie outfit, I had a thought: Is the right arm sleeve supposed to look like that? :confused: Or did it go wonky on my game?

Screenshot-18.jpg

Regardless, I changed the colors to Princess Jasmine colors and added the veil. :blush: (Even threw on a crown ;) )

Screenshot-20.jpg

Pretty. <3

Next I sent her into Live mode with that other lady sim of mine who is modeling your shell bikini top. :)

I had them do a couple of poses. :p

First, the bikini shell top:

Screenshot-22.jpg

I didn't see the seam in CAS so I don't know why it was so noticeable here. :confused: And what is up with her cheeks!? :flushed: I even used debug lighting for these pics. It's like, I can't win! :weary:

Mayra struck this pose:

Screenshot-23.jpg

:astonished:

Go ahead guys...say "Rawr!" :smirk:

Screenshot-24.jpg

She really is beautiful. :star:

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed these pics. :blush: They were fun to take!

Feedback to come later, and hopefully someday soon here I can get back to writing Sam's leap story. :)

Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill I think his chin is still too long. It is true that skins make a huge difference in appearance. I prefer plainer skins that "finish" the sim rather than change them. He does look good, though :) Here's mine so you can see what I did with his chin. Although mine doesn't look a lot like Jensen, for me it is all in the eyes. Jensen's face actually manned up a lot as he got older and mine is based on him when he was younger and prettier.
    43089818640_8e6e82876f_o.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi You definitely nailed his eyes! And did a fantastic job overall! :star:
    I tried putting eyes like that on my Jensen and he didn't look right. :p

So you got younger Jensen and I got older Jensen. :lol:
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I added grandparents to try for more variety in babies/children produced by Oscar and Louise. In the original game they had 15 and not many were blends but some were. So with mods I can include a chance of them getting some of their grandparent's DNA and that's what led to the videos of Oscar's childhood and Louise growing up with her parents in Riverview.

The new Oscar and Louise still have to get together and start making babies so I don't know if my long drawn out experiment will work out or not. But you got some interesting results with Connor and Becky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Karritz wrote: »

Its not the type of package that can be installed via a launcher.Its an actual .package file like NRAAS files.But I'll try it.Because I placed it in both mods and library and its not showing up.And I can't find any other medieval themed festival grounds.This one was made specifically for this world.

I know - but if you install a .Sims3Pack file through the launcher it is turned into a .package file with a long strange number for a name and it appears in DCBackup and the Library too if it's a sim or a lot.

To know exactly which file it is, I start a new Sims 3 folder and install just the one lot that isn't going into my library and then I rename the .package file it makes in the DCBackup folder and copy it to the library of my real (temporarily renamed) Sims 3 folder. Then I find the missing item is in my library when I want to use it. I delete the temporary Sims 3 folder as I don't need it any more once I've got the .package file out of it.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Emily4331 Your bathing beauties look like they are having fun! Pretty suits.

@Charlottesmom I enjoyed your Conner and Becky's offspring trial. Jaron is cute! Maebe wasn't too bad either. Didn't look like Conner and Becky were getting along very good once you put them in the house!

@meerkattime Love the pink kitties! The house looks great and so does April. I usually give my singers another outfit. :wink:

@emorrill Yep, those are the shiny white spots and that is why I quit using it as my default skin. I couldn't bear them any longer even though I liked the skin in general.
    Victor looks terrific! Jensen looks handsome and I do like the tattoo!
    Great pics of Mayra trying on the cc.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Mikezumi ...What is it with EA and the ears hanging down so dang low!?!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2018
    @meerkattime Get that cat off the counter with his doo doo juice and litter paws all over it. :# April has to make her lunch there

And what the heck at that outfit give her a singer outfit at once,go in to a dresser choose outfit 2 for the category she will use it so surprise me :o It has to scream "Diva"

Do you love her and the house ??

My gawd at @Charlottesmom do not let Conner have girls, his swedish fish lips do not work for daughters.Eat apples for eternity if you have a baby with him ladies.

@emorrill She gets a mini rawwr :p with a purr at the end

@Emily4331 :D I am not lying you had me fooled,I swear I thought someone modded a working volleyball net.Then I read it was just playing catch.How dare you trick me like that.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I know! It frustrates me no end! I think there is an ear height slider out there somewhere but I am afraid to try it in case it affects how hair and ears fit. :#
  • Options
    @Mikezumi @Charlottesmom Goodness! I didn't even notice the ear height difference! :flushed:
    Wow!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top