Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Question for those of you who have Dragon Valley and Roaring Heights gold editions...
    Are the Celtic Lands set and the Boardwalk Attire set worth it?

Because I'm honestly leaning to getting the standard versions, because spending $35 each on a world seems way too much to me. (Esp. when I got all my EPs and SPs for around $5-$10 each, and the other store worlds for basically free from farming ads for points. And I got Monte Vista for under $10 I think, online).
    (Even the $20 (each) I can get them for on Target or here from EA is more than I would like to spend but I have no other choice.)

But before I make a decision thought I'd gather some opinions. :)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Here is an small update

[img][/img]Nk6vKo1.jpg

[img][/img]q8vcvmW.jpg

After I finished the photoshoot,
    I let ty relax in the sun.

[img][/img]3o7PdKp.jpg

Ximen arrived tothe beach

[img][/img]GUCIyiK.jpg

And sat down a bit

[img][/img]2aSM06k.jpg

Later Audra met up with ty

[img][/img]kqNvnR2.jpg

Also did a makeover of Stiles McGraw

All for today

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Skee ball! If I put one in my sims house I would make them play all the time!
    Gonna have to shake them out of the 'same old, same old' routine! umm....not with a meteor landing on the house though. :lol:
    Take em on a trip!

@Charlottesmom I recognize the brownstone! <3 That was Jared's original house I put in Bridgeport for him. It grew and grew and grew and they still need more room. His martial arts is in the attic. That is a neat idea having a separate building on the lot for hard to take pics spots!
    I've only tried to have IF's in one game a couple of years ago and with the crib glitch I got rid of them. I thought the dolls came in the mail from auntie, granny or uncle so the parents could see the dolls in the crib and the one the kids played with. I thought it was the IF form of the doll that the parents couldn't see. I didn't realize the dolls themselves were invisible to parents eyes as well. hehe, still creepy, but Rowan doesn't deserve to be locked up because he is not Edward. :cry:

@Karritz night, night!

@msbeckycat Congrats on the promotions. She seems to be a good Mom.

@OriginalMara I don't think the boardwalk attire is worth 15 extra bucks. Well, to be honest, neither is the Celtic lands. But, I do use the Celtic land items because I like that fantasy ancient look and use it frequently in builds so I've got my money's worth from it. Used quite a bit in the Ballan house and caverns build. :) I rarely use the boardwalk attire. I guess it is a matter of whether the style appeals to you.

@Silverofdreams30 Yummy hot dude update! <3 Not wanting to slight Audra as she is very pretty and has one of the hot dudes! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited September 2018
    Question for those of you who have Dragon Valley and Roaring Heights gold editions...

Because I'm honestly leaning to getting the standard versions, because spending $35 each on a world seems way too much to me. (Esp. when I got all my EPs and SPs for around $5-$10 each, and the other store worlds for basically free from farming ads for points. And I got Monte Vista for under $10 I think, online).
    (Even the $20 (each) I can get them for on Target or here from EA is more than I would like to spend but I have no other choice.)

I do have Dragon Valley Gold's Celtic Lands and love some of the stuff that it includes, but hardly use other pieces. I'd say yes, but that is just personal opinion, can't guarantee you'd agree with me.

Roaring Heights is the one store world I do NOT have though...so far anyway.

@Cadh20000 Heather’s room is cute. I like the rug, the mirror and the bed. Reminds me of a childhood friend of mine – her room was all blue-white and princessy too :). Hard decisions with the kitties and the doggies…
    Have fun with your new store worlds :).

Thanks! ^_^ Were you the random person who "Recommended" it in the Exchange earlier without saying anything?
    Sounds like your friend had a nice room!
    Yeah, but the house just has too many beings in it(it was at 13 before the first puppy and kitten were adopted out, 11 remaining now and those numbers only include selectable characters, the Treks also have a Bonehilda running around as well), need to trim the numbers down somehow.
    Thanks! ^_^

I said last time that I was about to start the game up, still haven't done so though. Forgot I'd had a download going and now my head is throbbing so I'll probably take some Excedrin and lay down for a bit before I get around to it. DX
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hello everyone! :)

Just chiming in to tell @OriginalMara that I bought my Dragon Valley, disc version, brand new from a local store. To my surprise, it had the code for Celtic Lands inside. There was nothing on the box stating that it was the "gold" edition. On the back of the box, it mentions baby dragons as the only exclusive items. Definitely a happy surprise. Might be worth looking into getting a new disc copy.
    Edit to say I think I paid around $20 for it. And the black dragon is cool B)
    Also I bought Roaring Heights gold. :# Not sure if it was worth it to be honest. I just wanted all the stuff.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @bekkasan , Adam and Alice are married! I'm glad I didn't miss that post. I love the wedding. I didn't know there was a waltz mod, that's awesome!

@Cadh20000 , I love the idea of surrounding the sauna and hot tub with aquarium windows! A perfect place to relax.

@Charlottesmom , I saw that I missed most of your imaginary friend story, so I found the story thread and read it all in one go. Poor Rowan! :(

@Nikkei_Simmer , your night scenery picture is so pretty!

@Emily4331 , I like your flower crown a lot!

@Silverofdreams30 , love the romantic picture of Audra and Ty on the beach!

@Mikezumi , wow, Jared is impressively bendy now! But he still managed to set his hair on fire. :smiley:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Last week I shared some boots: :smile:

Who's boots are these?

42242883_10155828668876497_6005091632519577600_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=cb0a6f4be87abe182feda113f3d3ce76&oe=5C27A4E3

Janie and Ross have had a baby

42304054_10155828667701497_1053403444456456192_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=3dd2efdfc6e02348152df66bc6443009&oe=5C1ADCB3

They name her Shelly

42209438_10155828667731497_2746907232498089984_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&oh=ed2ecb53bfa80ea3de7919dfdc140ed4&oe=5C59F5E9

As a child

42227091_10155828667716497_3097237265177378816_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=9e33efd5cf5e63f170658f0fc294239a&oe=5C156176

As a teen

42249820_10155828668746497_5184736184445698048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&oh=edc20f7b50b07d5e630db1f8761ef19d&oe=5C55C50A

She grows into a young adult!

42193690_10155828668896497_655964659991445504_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&oh=12c974cf6a968c42780445d819a0f125&oe=5C19DC49

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @PalmArrow

Thank you that is a pose I tried out

@meerkattime

Ha ha yeah, he had so much to do lol.
    Thank you.

@bekkasan

wodnerful after wedding update, they are so
    adorable togheter. Thank you.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @bekkasan Thank my plan is Story 2 will be about Chad and Daniel so probably called Story 2: Chad and Daniel; A Durham Family Continuation
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    @Charlottesmom Wow! I never knew, then I shall reset her. Thank you! :smiley:

I can agree with Julia that it would be a bit unethical to use spells to make the kids forget about why they are so upset. But at the same time I can relate to the feeling of helplessness she and Connor would feel when their kids wouldn´t stop crying.
    Does Edward and Rowan have memories about the switch being made?

@bekkasan I just got a flashback reading Bonehildas name. I remember her being terrible!
    The thing is, even though my maid does a terrible job, she kinda adds some flavour. So I´m kinda indecisive about firing her. :tongue:

Congrats on the wedding between Alice and Adam, such a beautiful wedding day! <3 Can´t wait to see what the future has in store for them. :smiley:

@emorrill Don´t really recall that one, but yeah, they could mean maids and butlers. :lol:
    I´ll try a reset of the maid but if that doesn´t solve it I think I´ll still keep her around. She adds a bit of spice to the game.

@coco The thought has crossed my mind too. Maybe the maid is selling the pictures she takes for far better money than she would make actually cleaning the house and doing her job. :lol:

@meerkattime She sure is a creep! I once caught her snapping pictures of Alicia in her underwear making breakfast. :scream:

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 I'm so jealous of your sims. I wish I could make pretty sims like that :blush:

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Hallonsaft11

just play around with the sliders, I use ephemeras eskinfresh non default
    skin aswell as some other cc.
    You did great job on your sims too.
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @bekkasan @Cadh20000 -- Thanks. :)
    Neither are particularly my style per se, but the OCD part of me likes to have all the things. Haha. My wallet just doesn't agree.

@Odonata68 -- Thanks! I didn't realize that. Unfortunately (so far) I've only been able to find code-only copies of DV.
    But maybe I will hunt around. I do prefer disks where possible.
  • Options
    @meerkattime Thanks for the feedback :smile: I had a good time thanks :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you :smile:
    Ty lookin caaaa-ute! :3

@TadOlson Thank you

@bekkasan Thank you :3 You should try them again!
    Love all the wedding photos. :heart:

@Charlottesmom I have similar shoes and they do weigh a ton :tongue:
    Nope, I just made his eyes smaller.
    Hehehe
    It's the seam between the bottom and top of the sim body. I don't know how to fix it. :grimace:

@meerkattime Thank you! :smile:
    LOL right? So many hotdogs!
    Thank you for the comments!

@PalmArrow Thank you!

@king_of_simcity7 Shelly is cute!
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Charlottesmom Poor kids. It's no excuse to be mean to a non-corporeal being, however.
    ****I had other tasks in his and Becky's queue. Rest assured, when left to their own devices, they're usually glued to each other.

@Springfairy556 William certainly seems nicer than we're led to believe most royals of that era were.

@Emily4331 To each their own, I guess. Maybe my preference for EA skins has to do with the dolls I played with as a child.
    ****Poor Kairi. She thought Suzy was her friend.

@Nikkei_Simmer It makes me really mad that they're making a Top Gun 2, because I can't stand Tom Cruise and prefer to give his movies as little of my money as I possibly can.

@Auroraskies Thanks. That's not actually my cat, though. Just a stock photo I saw in an article.

@plushtrap_107 Those are the beds you can get with a dog or cat's LTW points.

@Jazzypoo Maybe she survived because she's technically already dead.

@coco Thank you.

@bekkasan Congrats on the wedding.
    ****Neat party.

@Cadh20000 Great pics. rec'd.

@TadOlson Great update!

@msbeckycat Great updates! Sounds like maybe you need a new babysitter.

@OriginalMara I think so. Then again, I'm a completionist.

@king_of_simcity7 Welcome Shelly!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last night I was with the Herman/Wrights. Baby Annette was born a witch. They also adopted a kitten named Echo. Kiera's LTW is to adopt a unicorn, so I need to start remembering to check for the storm cloud/rainbow by fishing spots. I also had to reset someone who may have been dispatched as a maid, but got stuck in the house. It's also possible that she was a welcome party guest who never left. I tried to take a screenshot, but I was having some issues toward the end of my game play, and the picture didn't take. Because of the same issue, I was also unable to remove some of the many spawners that are on the lot (you wouldn't believe the number of seeds I have yet to plant).

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    @Emily4331

Thank you

offf to bed soon good night
  • Options
    @MoonandStars83 Thanks for the welcome :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer It makes me really mad that they're making a Top Gun 2, because I can't stand Tom Cruise and prefer to give his movies as little of my money as I possibly can.

I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise either. He's gone more than a little loopy. I'm just going to see the F/A-18F Super Hornets. :D They're the REAL stars of Top Gun 2. :D

...and in other news. I'm constructing yet another MONSTROSITY. :D

BWA HA HA HA HA HA...

Screenshot-20.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    @Charlottesmom - Thank you!

@bekkasan - I love the look of your dining room. Midnight Hollow is totally my aesthetic, I really enjoy the pictures from your Ballan Family save. I also like that Alice is "normal" compared to all the eccentric sims and supernaturals around her. I might try that in my Moonlight Falls save. I usually convert any humans I find to supernaturals or toads against their will. >:)

@meerkattime -
    giphy.gif

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    My newest sim

Cora The Explorer

Athletic
    Brave
    Adventurous
    Eco Friendly
    Loves the outdoors

Cora look out behind you!!! :#

VN4CAzd.png

If you were wondering about her face,I thought it was pretty genius.I took the seasons raspberry pie face makeup matched 2 of the three zones to her skin color the other to look like dirt.

Voila dirty face

9hQQoZb.png

Wait what!!!! She turned me down saying she likes being single :flushed: I got beat out the gene pool by a mummy

bWXk8VI.png

:weary:

Now before you go thinking Cora is just an average girl let us see her face without dirt on it.

:open_mouth:

NIwRi2u.png

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited September 2018

I love the Celtic Lands set but the Boardwalk attire doesn't appeal to me at all.

Celtic Lands set
    CelticLandsSet.jpg

I use most of it often.

EDIT: I think this picture doesn't include everything that comes with Celtic lands set. But most of it is there.
    Post edited by Karritz on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top