Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Springfairy556 I think that's where StoryProgression Castes come in. I use them a little bit to stop elders from romancing younger sims, but they can also be used for various other things. It's a bit beyond my current knowledge so I can't really help but here's a FAQ link http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+FAQ+Caste
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @CravenLestat -It looks great though it's missing a back door.
    @OrginalMara -I disable paparazzi full in NRaas Register.
    @emorrill -Great makeover!She looks like a great canidate for social services.
    @king_of_simcity7 -Thanks for the comment.
    @Springfairy556 -I would start by making them take jobs closer to home and by having AM installed to disable the automated school assignments.I'm used to playing games in other periods like the 17th century and they didn't have mandatory school attendance back then.I made some larger lots non-taxable for farmers and the lot needs to be large enough if the sim is to own a horse or they just have to walk everywhere.I also place the community lots in districts so they have stores near their homes and can even work there if there's no other workplace nearby.I do it by using household castes to set the rules for them in story progression and I use this for my games when I play an entire town as it is meant for any situaltion where you want to play multiple families in different housheolds.I actually play TS2 rotational style with my settings for my Mods.
    @Emily4331 -I've been getting a lot of great CC from my work and fixed a decorative item that was Modded to make it usable.Great work!
    @coco -Thanks for the comment.I've got a few items to be replaced in Logan now.I'm one of those TS2 style rotational players with my games.
    @Mikezumi -Great makeover!
    @bekkasan -I just have to to replace some message boards because I don't want them hiding in walls down.
    @Karrtiz -Great pictures!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!
    @Hallonsaft11 -Great update!I've had sims quit their jobs to become self employed after starting the family and a family in Deery Meadows adopted twins after their mum died giving birth to them in 1624.She'd been planning to settle down there and had not known she was pregnant.
    @Nikkei_Simmer -Great pictures!
    @PalmArrow -Great update!I might like them for my social services sims.
    @MoonandStars83 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @lanlyn -Thanks for your comment.I've worked very hard and I love playing though I have to play an entire town to make sure the save stays stable.
    @Auroraskies -Hi there!Great pictures!You should see my sims whenever there's spoiled food around on their lot because they're always getting into it and trying to eat it.
    @Charlottesmom -Great update!I though it had to be something that happened as toddlers.
    @plushtrap_107 -It's meant to shelter the residents who live nearby in a trailer park when the town is built up.
    @Simsophonique -I had to play with my entire towns because the AI tends to mess things up horribly and I've found I do a much better job of managing things in the towns.I also love how it makes the saves more stable as I'm not rapidly exploding the population into a nightmare and am growing it slowly like things happened in real life.
    @Jazzypoo -Great update!
    Here's an update from Evermore Falls below.
    Evermore Falls,Maine-Spring-1637.Town Impovements.
    Here's a decorative version of the message board in buy mode for homes.
    44939605141_2eaf0bd0ec_b.jpg
    Here it is in live mode and it's not vanishing in walls down.I intended that.
    44939602781_b9bf1b9c37_b.jpg
    Here's a functional message board being placed at the local library.
    30002620347_66f399b343_b.jpg
    Another message board got placed at city hall.
    30002618037_f5a64ceb1a_b.jpg
    Testing both in live mode and they are both the functional version and remain visible with walls down in live mode.
    44027360425_40587f2b7e_b.jpg
    I found the interactions of the message boards were available in live mod.
    44027356695_103c7f4d11_b.jpg

44027353255_a56fc6c629_b.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @TadOlson What is missing a back door???
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    New shoes! :love:
    fkmTL4G.png

Kai Leiko got a makeover :3
    before:
    dcF01ob.png

after:
    FtfXiCv.png

As he and Io were really hitting it off!
    4npuGZt.png

zuer3tp.png

The two decided to go steady.
    EAhtp0y.png

The two went on a date :3
    ykCMZAT.png

They played some games, but Io couldn't take her eyes off Kai. Must be my makeover. :3
    dbBaZzU.png

There was a brawl at the bar, so they decided to leave.
    JDhYWA2.png

And, back home, nothing happened in the shower. I promise. :wink:
    x8Hi5RL.png

And Kai went home very happy :tongue:
    GmqpUVP.png
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @bekkasan
    She chased me around the block but then let me pet her stomach :smile:
    @coco
    It's her favourite food - it goes down quickly :hushed:
    @TadOlson
    Hi! Thank you! Slob is a great trait!
    @CravenLestat
    Your dress patterns have a really nice colour combination :smile:
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited September 2018

@MoonandStars83 -- There wasn't a headstone, far as I could see. But it is snowy. I can't remember now if the stray dog from earlier had one either.
    I did recently manage the dead, and it wasn't in there; just Buckley Bedlington who just passed away.

@plushtrap_107 -- Thanks. :)

@Mikezumi -- I suppose you're right. :(

@TadOlson -- I don't mind the paparazzi. Or celebrities in general. I just (attempt to) limit them to a small amount because it makes sense for my town and game.

@emorrill
    Yeah, even though I didn't like Kem, it was pretty heartbreaking for Carter.
    It's been a few years now, and I don't always remember what happened in which season haha. (Even a few things I forgot about entirely!) So no worries about spoilers from me!
    I'm a few episodes into season 7; just watched the one where Mark told Elizabeth about his tumor. :(
    [/spoilers]
  • Options
    Just some cute extras of Io. :3 Then I'm going to find something to convert. I have the itch. :lol:
    MtH6VTf.png

eAjGg72.png

MZ92aIY.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I aged Shark Racket up to YA and gave him a makeover.

Shark as he looked on aging up. I could see that his nose was almost pudding the moment I saw it. When I checked only one slider had been moved to give him a slightly upturned nose. Lazy! :#
    44942119151_5436ef4f11_o.jpg
    Quick look as female. Quite cute! (apart from the pudding nose)
    44893109992_dfc127dd64_o.jpg
    After makeover
    44942118901_ae4938410a_o.jpg
    Final version as female. This hair makes her look less cute than she is but I couldn't be bothered changing it. I rarely use this hair in game because it's not very flattering.
    44942118551_d7c948f267_o.jpg
    Shark in-game
    44942118511_e907855f8f_o.jpg
    44942118171_1bf199a77f_o.jpg
    44942118131_43d3ae302f_o.jpg
    44893108562_a792830d47_o.jpg
  • Options
    kaykeakaykea Posts: 13 New Member
    @MoonandStars83 yeah i have basemental's drug mod
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Ewwww at the pudding nose! I hate when sims have that. :( He looks super cute in the after shots. Love the hairstyle you chose for him.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @plushtrap_107 It has been a good week thanks :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Page 3019

@Emily4331 Ishimori is very cute! I like her top too :)

@coco Thanks :) I looked up Camilla and the clothes were very pretty! It's a good thing Niall and family are still on vacation because I am not ready for Niall to die yet and he is several days over a full life bar.

@emorrill Lovely seeing @Emily4331's shell top and shoes in your game :)

@TadOlson Thanks and great update :)

@CravenLestat Cute house you built for meerkattime :)

@meerkattime Thank you :) Spring has been a long time coming and isn't completely here ;) Today was beautiful but it was only one day. We have a few bad days coming :(
  • Options
    Connor was playing footsies with the right sim this time :p
    44945843411_03ed2f7283_o.jpg
    Jared rolled a wish to make pancakes after breakfast and Alec's waking wish was to ride the mechanical bull. Connor and Morty got left with the gardening ;)
    44033536915_214c3bf97a_o.jpg
    44033534665_699948be8f_o.jpg
    30008730477_4d5fb97041_o.jpg
    44033535785_a821fe913b_o.jpg
    30008729597_2ea3651c45_o.jpg
    Alec conquered the bull for the first time! :D
    30008729147_7680afb252_o.jpg
    I left Alec and Jared flirting when I saw woohoo in Morty's queue.
    44033533675_fc05b8c037_o.jpg
    They chose the hot tub :)
    44945841871_16e433650e_o.jpg
    I wanted to see who had instigated it so I watched them to see who would start the cuddle interaction.
    44033532965_c9a06d190a_o.jpg
    It was Connor! Not bad for an unflirty sim ;)
    31073114108_93c003a036_o.jpg
    When I established who started it, I went looking for Jared and Alex and found them post shower woohoo :D
    44033532235_577b18e79e_o.jpg
  • Options
    Page 3020

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks :) Craven makes lovely patterns but this one I really love!

@Emily4331 The outfit Kairi is wearing when she meets up with burnt Barry is adorably cute! Looks like they had a fun day! Kairi does look sad it is over :(

@emorrill Thanks for the lovely comments :) I really love pattern I put on Mikezumi's dress and will be using it a lot! :)

@Auroraskies Thanks :) The Life on the Farm save is a fun one to play :)

@bekkasan Thank you :) I am happy with Goodwin and Sinbad and they will be townies in a future save :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you :)
  • Options
    Alec's first sing-a-gram was a romantic one for Stiles McGraw. While he was driving to the gym I heard baby chimes and was confused until I remembered that I had left Connor and Morty in the hot tub. I rushed home and checked Connor and he is pregnant! :D
    31073113428_c399fc3679_o.jpg
    44225334694_68f2b2c637_o.jpg
    I sent the other boys to the park and had Jared perform for tips.
    44896955172_f17f946a1b_o.jpg
    I gave 8 toddlers birthday makeovers a couple of days ago. It's good that Connor and Morty's baby will have other kids to play with :) They will be a little older but since I skip the baby stage for active sims there will still be time for them to make friends and I am sure there will be more babies in town with all the popups about hook ups and break ups that I get :p
    44225333664_16541e5e11_o.jpg
    Alec's next job was to give Xander a "You are special" sing-a-gram. Apparently he has been mean to other sims :D
    44225332744_198763aa0f_o.jpg
    Alex barely got a breather between jobs! Erin Sekemoto got a romantic sing-a-gram.
    44033528305_9fd8d3f919_o.jpg
    Then Morgana got a celebration sing-a-gram.
    44033527355_18c9682000_o.jpg
    I checked on the boys at the park and found Connor playing computer games.
    43133028750_c2cc7d2ca9_o.jpg
    Morty didn't look happy but I don't think it was because Connor was playing games. I think he wanted the table! :D
    44225330534_8ecfb80e07_o.jpg
    I decided that Alex had done enough for the day and sent him back to Jared :) When I reopen the save I better check the boys in case one of them tried for baby in the shower earlier!
    44896948562_e56a4bc82b_o.jpg
    44225329564_de093fb3b4_o.jpg
  • Options
    Page 3021

@meekattime Thank you :) I checked Goodwin's relationships while I was giving him a makeover and discovered that his girlfriend is 2 hours pregnant in a fresh save. He's not a bad boy, EA did that to him! :#

@Silverofdreams30 Great update :) Cute pics of Ty playing pool :)

@emorrill Looking forward to seeing your fixed Jensen :)
    Thank you :) I was happy with how Goodwin and Sinbad turned out :)

@PalmArrow Thank you :) I've been in a makeover mood lately and Twinbrook doesn't have a lot to offer but I think Goodwin and Sinbad would be good additions as townies in future saves :)
    Charles and Allie look great! Charles has beautiful eyes!

@Hallonsaft11 Happy birthday Leonel! He's a cutie! :)
    Sounds like Alicia and Ben are doing well with juggling careers with home life :) Leonel will grow up better for it :)
    Congrats on the new pregnancy! :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Nice new car!

@Emily4331 Thank you :) Apart from Sinbad's mouth, I am happy with how the boys look :)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Some feedback

@Springfairy556

I can not manage two households at once so I tend to keep one
    at a time. I dont really bother much what happen tothe townies but my own
    sims I need to control their lifes of hehe.

@Mikezumi

Wonderful makeovers

@Jazzypoo

Liked the update

@Emily4331

Great makeovers and updates
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Mikezumi the favourite thing about The Sims 1 for me was when they played footsies under the table at a restaurant. I was disappointed when it wasn't in the Sims 3
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2018
    @TadOlson
    I have a grocery store near my sim's lot, so that helps.Rather not install anymore mods, and I do want my kids to go to school lol.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Some feedback...

@Emily4331 , Nice updates of Kairi..
    **Victor is pretty cute!
    **Barry is kinda cute, looks like he really likes Kairi..
    **Pizza yum!
    **elevators are evil, proven fact.
    **Second picture down on the skins pictures, what is up with those highlights? Yikes.. EA's skin is fine by me. I'm too easy to please me thinks.
    **Mia looks much improved in your after shots....softer.

@Springfairy556 , Yup, Grim stuck around, cleaned up toys and did the dishes, he was surprisingly helpful, usually he just plays on the computer or goes swimming.
    **I'm loving the story you're working on now...
    **Bonus points for having a guy named Bryce (I have a Bryce...L's son)
    **William is adorable!
    **Hmmm, not sure about the horsie ball on community property..good question.

@bekkasan , Yup, Grim was being very helpful this time around! He is hired!! :wink:
    The frogs are from the other story, about getting rid of Claire, I really have to finish that... *sigh*

@Cadh20000 , I've never let my pets have babies (except my unicorns) those puppies and kittens are too cute!

@emorrill , LOL!! That randon bin Sim had more of a "stick shoved up her a**" look to me.. :o:D
    **I like how you fixed her up, she would look good in a kimono, got that China Doll look to her.
    **The shell texture looks pretty cool!
    **She looks ready for a vacation in IP... :wink:
    **Hope your headache went away quick, I think I'm getting sick, coughing, my lungs feel stuffed and I just feel gross. :neutral: (stupid school with their coodie incrusted kids, I keep telling Matthew to stop licking his friends!! :D )
    **Matthew was just talking about Honest Trailers last night!! I've watched a few...
    **Connor's stare always sends shivers up my spine, he's very creepy at times (no doubt peeved about what I've put him through over the years). L is pretty good at the stare too..
    **PONY pic!! It's big but cute!
    **Frog is from a story I need to finish..
    **L rejected Meggie because in that save (and in pretty much all my saves) he's back with L...even in teen form. He is living in a house with Light, Matt and Mello (all teens). Meggie is with Near, so she is happy.
    **Dylan was telling Penny about a promotion when she gave him the thumbs up. :wink:
    **Yeah, not the most flattering picture of Scott, but I had to get it quick as the TV was just about to get shut off.

@CravenLestat , I bet your male to female ratio in your Sim bin is way off. :wink:
    **Cute house for April, loving the porch and setting.

@Mikezumi , 700 in your Bin...holy mother woman!! I was texting Em one day and counted 352 in mine, I though that was bad...though I did have doubles of doubles of doubles (L, Meggie, VJ etc...) ...cleaned it out and am down to 200 or so.
    **I really like what you did with Goodwin, the nose tweak, the stronger jawline, still looks like himself only better. :heart:
    **Gobias with all the ladies...who woulda thunk??!! :flushed:
    **Sinbad...LOL!! he cracks me up, I love him! I kinda like his female look she looks so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 originally, you make her look just mildly PMS-y.. :wink:
    **His expressions...*giggle*

@TadOlson , Nice CAW update.

@meerkattime , Thank you for the comments.. :smiley:
    **The frogs were from another short story I really need to finish, I have all the screenshots I need just haven't gotten to motivation to post...
    **Meggie was a big suprise in that she is actually pretty, it was Light's genes that helped a lot, she is pretty much all Becky but was lucvky anough to get Light's nose. You should see the creatures that Becky and Connor have had (only in mix genetics in CAS just to peek..Yipes!) Becky and Jared have had semi normal looking sons (actual play), daughters are pretty yucky. Jared and Julia have very pretty kids.
    **Have you had a chance to play lately?

@Silverofdreams30 , Snow already!! It's pretty for a month then it can go away. :wink:

@MoonandStars83 , I think Grim sticks around just to annoy me, when I kill off a double sim it's because I have other stuff to do, he stops me by swimming, playing on the computer, reading in bed or otherwise drawing out his visit. I yell at my computer for him to just Leave!!
    **Cutie Patches!

@lanlyn , HI!!! Yup the thread exploded for sure! :flushed: (don't even try to catch up, you'll get a migrane..)
    **Hope you have a chance to play again soon, but I totally understand the need for a break.

@Auroraskies , Your SS has some questionable table manners! I adore werewolves!!

@Nikkei_Simmer , Nice cars!!

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I were browsing around lookie what I found,
    dont think I ever seen this official old sims 3 trailer before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7BAUNzJvts

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@TadOlson hope it continues to progress well for you.

@Springfairy556 I use rotation castes to rotate between the families. It requires SP, not sure if other modules are required. If you go to the Nraas site and look on the faq under rotational game play here there are a couple of examples on how to set up the castes, how to change adjust to your playstyle and how to turn it on and off as you rotate between the families. Works like a charm if you remember to turn it on and off when switching families. I mostly use it to control their romance/flirting/divorce/pregnancy/adoption as I don't approve of cheating in my families and would prefer to be present with them when they have babies or adopt. I don't care what townies do.

@Emily4331 Cute update. Love the stride.
    The outfits are very smexy. I do wish you could figure out how to get rid of the belly seam as I just can't use them that way. I guess it doesn't bother others but it is the first thing my eyes notice when I see the pics. I'd rather notice the cute clothes. You know I love you and I'm just being honest about it.

@Mikezumi Cute makeover on Shark. You caught some great expressions.
    I enjoy seeing a successful ride on the mechanical bull. Congrats to Alex. I enjoy the unsuccessful ones too! :lol:
    Congrats on the pregnancy.

@Karritz When I played sims 2 with the UC I was so enchanted with some of the awesome interactions that made the relationships so special. I was so shocked that those special animations did not make the grade into sims 3 and of course more got cut for Sims 4. Such a shame. I still didn't play very long as I didn't like the way time ran in it and not having control of all my sims like in Sims 3. Sims 3 spoiled me.

@Silverofdreams30 Great find. I enjoyed seeing the trailer.

@Charlottesmom I would love for you to finish it too. But, I do understand. Having all these saves I think actually helps me. If I get kind stuck or bored with one, I can go to another for a bit and then be fresh when I go back. I don't like not finishing stories and have several from my old puter that had all stuff installed that I can't finish until I get the new one, which is on the back burner again.
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    @Cadh20000 , I've never let my pets have babies (except my unicorns) those puppies and kittens are too cute!

Thanks! But why have you never let yours have them?
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Charlottesmom

Thank you

@bekkasan

I had not seen the official trailer before ,
    or just forgot about it hehe.

[img][/img]CmQz114.jpg