Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2018 (Oct Patch Cancelled Due to Polishing)

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    How about Kwanzaa?

Just kidding. ;) THere's a good reason Kwanzaa is not widely known. Quite a lot of them actually, only one of them being that it was invented in 1966. But this isn't a great place to talk about it.

Oktoberfest is cool too. Although, you know you don't HAVE to get drunk on Oktoberfest? It's more about the celebration that for once you're giving quality beer a try rather than American swill.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    How about Kwanzaa?

Just kidding. ;) THere's a good reason Kwanzaa is not widely known. Quite a lot of them actually, only one of them being that it was invented in 1966. But this isn't a great place to talk about it.

Oktoberfest is cool too. Although, you know you don't HAVE to get drunk on Oktoberfest? It's more about the celebration that for once you're giving quality beer a try rather than American swill.

Oktoberfest would be nice, I could use the new outfits as uniform for my traditional Bavarian restaurant.
    They should also add pretzel earrings, they look so cute!

It's starting in 2 days here in Munich and I can't wait so it would be nice for my sims to have a bit of the Wiesn (Oktoberfest) spirit as well.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Enough seasonal things! More clothes, more objects. How about more gameplay? I'm all for attraction system(turn-ons/turn-offs), cars, TS2 zombies even, if a sim is resurrected badly!
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Didn't they already hint a little while back that they were working on something really great. I don't remember the exact wording, but it sounded like a programing feature and not just wallpaper and fans.

I don't think it will ever be driveable cars or an open world. Both would require them to practically remake the game.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Here is a long list of every mod it broke, yeah, can't wait for that.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope it's not another Gallery update. :(

Remove babies from the cribs!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    - 2015 : Halloween (USA)
    - 2016 : Day of the dead (Mexico)
    - 2017 : Diwali (India)

It is possible to be an Oktoberfest (Germany) content ?

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Would be really nice to have traditional German culture in the game :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    In term of world, I would say Diwali matches to San Myshuno and Oktoberfest could match to Windenburg.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Hopefully something witchy. Or an attraction system like Sims 2 has.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Didn't they already hint a little while back that they were working on something really great. I don't remember the exact wording, but it sounded like a programing feature and not just wallpaper and fans.

They said they were in the planning phase of a brand new feature.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2018

I don't think it will ever be driveable cars or an open world. Both would require them to practically remake the game.

Grant said cars are possible in this game.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I know it's just pure speculation, but Oktoberfest content would be really cool! grew up with my grandparents making sure I appreciated my German heritage, so seeing that represented in the game would be neat. :)
  • Options

But that doesn't mean that our sims will be able to drive them on roads.
  • Options

They could drive until they hit a loading screen then teleport to the location like in TS2 and look like their driving up to it.
  • Options

They could drive until they hit a loading screen then teleport to the location like in TS2 and look like their driving up to it.

There are no roads to drive on. They are painted in.
  • Options
    tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    Okay so I'm two points away from being a member but anyways. Im still a new member so I can't post any pictures yet but on the sims mobile there is a new thing to talk about university so i think hey are dropping hint of the new university pack. When I become a full member I'll be back to post the screenshot I took of it.

(Like this plz bc Im two points away from being a member)
  • Options
    Okay so I'm two points away from being a member but anyways. Im still a new member so I can't post any pictures yet but on the sims mobile there is a new thing to talk about university so i think hey are dropping hint of the new university pack. When I become a full member I'll be back to post the screenshot I took of it.

A Uni Ep in Nov or Dec wouldn't surprise me at all.
  • Options

A hint in Sims Mobile doesn't mean that Sims 4 PC will get a University pack too. They are separate and while they may have similar packs, they don't create them at the same time.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    In October there is also the Ibalong Festival (Philippines)

dsc_0010.jpg
    Sadly I could totally see this every townie would walk around in that headpiece.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    This Maxis Monthly may be our "quarterly teaser" if they announce the upcoming pack.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I hope it's not another Gallery update. :(

Remove babies from the cribs!

There will be a Gallery update if only to change the default search from "popular now" to "newest". Likely a bit more fine tuning as well -- I'd like to be able to see builds in both daylight and nighttime. It's a pain to have a nice build but have to wait until it's daytime in the save to be able to show it without the thumbnails being way too dark.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Well that's interesting... Even one of the voice actors is anticipating the next patch...
    What’s it like working on #sims4 with Krizia Bajos [...] can’t wait for this new game patch to drop!!!!

https://simsvip.com/2018/09/23/cnns-great-big-story-currently-filming-the-sims-4/
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Well that's interesting... Even one of the voice actors is anticipating the next patch...
    What’s it like working on #sims4 with Krizia Bajos [...] can’t wait for this new game patch to drop!!!!

https://simsvip.com/2018/09/23/cnns-great-big-story-currently-filming-the-sims-4/

well then its likely wheelchairs cnn wouldn't be doing a story if it wasn't something like that I hope we all enjoy it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top