Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a pack that you're just not interested in owning?

Comments

• Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Toddler stuff. I like toddlers, but usually with my families I just try to get through the period so I can play with them more as kids. So having an entire pack for them doesn’t really interest me(plus I didn’t really want the items in it anyway).
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited September 2018
    Parenthood because of all the messes that kids make in the public areas. I don't want my worlds to look like that. Also I don't age up my sim children past child age, so the whole character values system is useless to me because I'll never get the special traits. There are some cute interactions in the pack that I wish I could have though.
    Post edited by Evie0602 on
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018
    My First Pet Stuff. I'm never buying that personally.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Vampires. I have no interest in playing the occult. Is it true that you can delete all the vampires and they won't regenerate? I would love to own the neighborhood.

I deleted the three starting vamps (Vlad and the Vatores) and had vampires generate, but with mods I haven't had issues with invasions (I'm using littlemssam's Vampire Free Neighborhood, IIRC). I occasionally play vampires (I just finished with a save to develop vampires with some powers to add to future saves) but mostly I have them as background filler and wait for MCCC to marry them off and have kids (occasionally in that order).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    Toddler stuff. I like toddlers, but usually with my families I just try to get through the period so I can play with them more as kids. So having an entire pack for them doesn’t really interest me(plus I didn’t really want the items in it anyway).

I'm just the opposite - I find kids boring in this game - they act too much like miniature adults and not at all like kids to me - at least not real life kids anyway ( In real life I raised 10 kids - 3 of my own and 7 foster kids so I know how kids should act) but the toddlers are spot on most of the time, as sometimes I find sim toddler easier than real toddlers - but still in all I enjoy them immensely compared to the kids age in this game. The kids really could use a good bit of boosting them to act more like kids do. I found Sims 2 and Sims 3 kids much more like normal kids than Sims 4 ones. Sims 4 though are the cutest anyway but then so are the toddlers the most adorable ever. Toddler stuff is great as it comes with the toddler play dates and I really love those.

I keep aging off to keep my toddlers around much longer than the game allows because I do enjoy the dickens out of them.

ETA Not all my households have any offspring - in fact most don't - as I like to give plenty of attention to all ages actually and generally hold off on marriages and family life on most of my sims for a good long time. When I am getting ready to age my sims up to adult then I think about getting them married to their longtime love....
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Seasons. Yes, I know I'm weird for saying this, but I have no use for the weather. It hinders my play style and is really a general nuisance in my game. Regret buying that pack and it's made me stop playing TS4.

You can turn off things like thunderstorms and weather effects in the game settings under the Seasons tab. :smile:
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Laundry Day. I do enough laundry in my real life, really don't want to spend any time in a game washing clothes and picking up piles from the floor. There are a couple more packs I wasn't really interested in, but got anyway because of build/buy and CAS.
  • Options
    BoardwalkBoardwalk Posts: 25 Member
    Parenthood. I just find the whole thing too much hard work to be honest. I guess true to real life! :D
  • Options
    RosalettaRosaletta Posts: 25 Member
    Vampires. They are just not my thing at all.
    Also Dine Out. To me it just sounds like a hassle to take my sims to a restaurant, and I know I would barely do it at all if I bought the pack.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Cats and Dogs, My First Pet Stuff, and Laundry Day. Not interested in any of these. Cats and Dogs almost wasn't on the list cause I do want the world, sims and vet career that come with it, I just don't have any interest in the pets themselves.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    VictoryX51VictoryX51 Posts: 10 New Member
    So far I've avoided the Bowling pack and Laundry Day. I do everything in my real life to avoid having to do laundry, so I'm not going to subject my digital dollhouse to it. As for bowling, I'm not super interested in the content and I'd rather not have the added clutter.
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Fitness Stuff. I like the idea of the pack but was disappointed with the execution. The furniture is too blocky for my tastes and the outfits are good for the theme but I don't have any burning desire to add more sports clothing to my game as they are used so seldom.
    The only thing I really want from the pack is the work out videos for the TV as I miss having those but I'm not paying £9.99 for them.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I don't own the Toddler pack because I don't play families with toddlers. I tried to though.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Jungle Adventure, because the theme just didn't interest me, though a couple of the build/buy mode items are pretty. Also MFP, partly on principle, but mostly because very few of the items appeal to me, which is rare for an SP. I own everything else and don't regret any packs....well, maybe Luxury Party, but I got it on sale. :#
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Vampires. I had enough of that from Sims 3
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Fitness Stuff. I like the idea of the pack but was disappointed with the execution. The furniture is too blocky for my tastes and the outfits are good for the theme but I don't have any burning desire to add more sports clothing to my game as they are used so seldom.
    The only thing I really want from the pack is the work out videos for the TV as I miss having those but I'm not paying £9.99 for them.

Same. The only things that I want from the fitness pack are the work out videos and the head phones. Other than that, there is nothing that I want from it. And those two things are not worth $10, despite how badly I want them. Maybe if they did a half price sale I would crave, but they pretty much never do those for stuff packs.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I have every pack so far but the ones I use the least are the kids and toddlers stuff. I only use them in terms of building rooms or shops with the items. I'm not much of a family oriented player so I have little use for them myself.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    WitchyForever0WitchyForever0 Posts: 6 New Member
    I use them all, so there's not a single pack that I'm not interested in owning xD
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Most of them.

It’s funny, when looked at individually I feel the same. But I enjoy the complete package...
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    1. Fitness stuff. Completely redundant if you look at the fitness stuff and clothing already in game. The feature climbing wall didn't add enough actual gameplay to convince me.

2. City living: a real waste of money looking back at it now. I don't use the apartments because I can't use build mode on them and my sims rarely visit the festivals. When I had to choose between city living and get together I thought CL would be great and GT would be barely worth it but they both turned out to be the opposite. CL is not my really my cup of tea and GT is one of my favourite EP's now for both the world and the club system.

3. Cats and Dogs was for only worth it because of the beautiful new world my sims can live in. To me it was a 'world pack', I would not have bought it if it wasn't for Brindleton Bay. It lacks gameplay content in my opinion especially other animals like hamsters, reptiles, birds,...

Its fun to read these comments. So many opinions. I guess eventually all packs will be named at least once in this list. ;)
    For example some people dislike toddler stuff but I love it. I refused to play sims 4 until the toddler update and I'm very happy with more clothes and playground stuff for my little simmies. It's the only SP I bought at full price, and I don't regret it. To each his own, I guess.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    For me its My First Pet Stuff. I have Cats & Dogs, but to me it has no appeal whatsoever.
    So_Money wrote: »
    Laundry. I don't think I need to elaborate.

Agreed.

I bought Laundry Day for everything but the laundry stuff. Although I do use it now. I love the build/buy and CAS objects. :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I have to say the vampires pack. I know i would love the world and creepy atmosphere, but the style would not match my existing families.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Get Together, since it would just spawn more annoying texts and calls from every Sim they've ever met, and Vampires, since I have no interest in other life forms. (I agree with several other posters - the world and build-buy items for the latter are very tempting, however.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Jungle Adventure. The build/buy seems nice, but there is just no way I am paying the price of a GP just for a couple of nice items and floorings. The gameplay of this GP just seems incredibly boring. Even though I am craving for a new pack right now, I just can't bring myself to buy one that will just allow me to watch my sims watch levers and statues until it randomly unlocks a door.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Vampires. They just overrun the town. I am so sorry I purchased the pack. Well actually it was a gift, from grandson. I really hate it. Game stops while they break into your house you can't do anything about it you can't even get away. Now that townies can be turned the whole world is becoming one big vampire area.
    I have finally resorted to a mod to not have them but game still stops while they break in so you can't leave where you are if your out. It has just ruined playing for me.
    I also went into a mod that takes the pack out completely. It's not ideal as I lose the stuff that came with the pack and I have to go in and redo a lot of things from my old saves as they are missing. And I keep getting nagged that its not downloaded. I also have to redo it all over again with every patch. I wish they were not so agressive