Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play one family almost exclusively or skip around a lot?

Comments

• Options
    rosemagwinrosemagwin Posts: 25 Member
    One family almost exclusively
    I tend to have one sim and just invade everyone's private's lives with them
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have a couple specific rotational saves, but usually I start with one specific family and stick with them.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I am kinda in love with my legacy family right now. I’ve tried to play other households but I get bored after a while and always go back to my family. I’m on gen 6 and gen 7 are teens and children so I’m really determined to get to gen 10, Which I’ve never done before. And heck, I might even keep playing after I reach it
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I skip around .. sometimes a lot. I have a hard time integrating all the packs and things sims can do into one character or family and sometimes I want to play differently or go a different path. Sometimes I'll hang out with one sim for months sometimes for a few hours.
    I also divide up story/theme ideas by save game because I don't want them to cross paths... Stardew Valley and Hannibal's World just don't fit well together to me for instance.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    Skip around a lot
    I jump around a lot.

Which family I choose to play for the session (or parts of a session) depends on what I’m in the mood for.

For example, I have a household with a woman taking care of her six toddler nephews, and in another household, I have a vampire family (and I also switch to the neighboring human family friends household that the vampires often interact with), and in another household, I would have a few small families living together in the same lot, and so on.

I also tend to focus on different gameplay content in different households.

For example: One household has all vampires, so I can experience the vampire gameplay, another household has someone who’s a doctor, so I can experience the doctor gameplay, another household has children and/or toddlers so I can play with Parenthood content, and with another household, I am practicing with the gardening stuff, etc.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    I'm a monogamous player lol....I play with one family, and choose a legacy sim from the family to continue the story board which is usually very diverse but I really just like to see the family keep growing.

Although I have a different save, i'm not really passionate bout that save cause it's usually for testing new Dlcs, updates, mods or a crazy, mean idea that pops into my head...This family is like my test subject

And thank God for MCC I don't Really need to worry about other families' story progression
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I recently got a new computer so my family count isn't as high as it was but I do have three new sims that are destined to be intertwined...love interest and woman scorned sort of thing so I have to visit all three and keep the drama going. >:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    edited August 2018
    Skip around a lot
    I play rotational and switch between 51 different households. I have a couple of favorite families though, that I tend to play more often than the others. :smile:
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I play rotationally and switch between 51 different households. I have a couple of favorite families though, that I tend to play more often than the others. :smile:

51?! Wow. That's a lot. I can't imagine that. I have my main save that I play all the time and then like 5 other saves that I pretty much never play. I keep all the families that I've created in different saves because I play with aging on and don't want them to age while I'm gone. Sometimes I'll add created families in other saves as background characters to make it more interesting.
    Anyways, I mainly just play my main family. How do you possibley do 51? Are they all in the same save or in different ones?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Up until right before Season's released I'd been playing the same family for the last 4 years. On one save. In one household. It's how I've always played. One family that completes all the careers, skills, collections, aspirations, etc. I play with aging off and age up sims as I see fit. I usually end up with several generations living in the same household. My current household consists of mom and dad, a toddler, child, and teen. The teen will age up to young adult eventually, marry, have a kid, and then I'll move that family out and add them to a club so they can still get together occasionally. Both sets of grandparents plus the parents' siblings are in game also.
  • Options
    A_Simmer123A_Simmer123 Posts: 57 Member
    I play with one family, both young adults and got married. They have a cat named Donut that they adopted as a kitten and later had a baby boy named Noah! hes a toddler now and is adorable <3 Also I have plans for Noah because his dad is an astronaut. So, hes inquisitive right now and will love galaxy's and outer space for his whole childhood and he will be very smart. When he grows up he will probably become a tech guru and a computer whiz.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Skip around a lot
    I skip around but I do play most families a long time between skips - so both. (I generally like to play with 30-35 household typically. In my present save I have just 12 or so households going so far. I started this save a bit after Cats and Dogs came out, so I am still building up my playable houses - slowly. I play each one as I add one at a time.

In past sims games I played each family a set number of days and went on to the next until I played them all and got back to the beginning and continued like that - in this one I skip around more randomly and for various periods of time - according to what household it is. Like newer households I play much longer periods of time than those who have more playing time - sometimes they were from other saves I brought to this one and so forth. I may play one household for weeks and another for a few days - but just depends on where they fit in with the story in my head.
    ETA:
    I am now up to about 26 households.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I've got over 20 families going on now. I love rotation play.
  • Options
    JibartJibart Posts: 28 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I skip around on multiple saves.
  • Options
    Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    I usually always play with just one household, but I have a couple of different saves.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Skip around a lot
    It's a lot more fun for me. Some of them are related, some aren't.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Usually a single Sim or family through the generations. Never tried rotational play.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I play one family but different members. I play rotationaly. I start with a single sim, find her a spuse, make kids and then rotate between them. Currently I am at gen 5 and rotate between 5 families :) It's still the same family, if you know what I mean.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I have a lot of saves with different worlds, but in each world, I have one family I play and the rest of the game revolves around them. I choose an heir for each generation to stay in the house with parents and spouse, and move out any siblings.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I skip around constantly. I play rotationally, and usually don't spend any more than 5-7 sim days per family before moving to the next one. That way I can keep all of my families aging at the same pace and the generations of my families keep in line with one another.
  • Options
    BoardwalkBoardwalk Posts: 25 Member
    I focus on one family. They are an extremely cute family and I legitimately got them very wealthy, so I have the most fun with them.
  • Options
    VictoryX51VictoryX51 Posts: 10 New Member
    Skip around a lot
    I'm always bouncing back and forth through multiple households and saves. I don't think I'm ever going to complete any of my challenge runs, but as long as I'm having fun I don't mind. :)
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I've tried playing rotational but I just get bored faster when I play this way. This is coming from a person who starts a new save almost weekly when just playing one family so that's saying something. I just can't stay interested in multiple families in the same save.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    leena3leena3 Posts: 31 Member
    Skip around a lot
    Very interesting to read about how others are playing! As for me, I have a few favorite sims, who are great individualists. They never die. But when I see problems in other housholds, I must take care of the whole society, especially when there are children or sick animals(!). I can't stand it. :D So I try jumping in and out a little here and there, and I have great fun!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I don't know that skipping around is the right term for what I do, I rotate on a set schedule. But the idea's the same, I like playing different families in different neighborhoods & every time I try to play just one family I get bored too quickly.
    Gallery ID: LDM2