Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for totally new Expansion Packs.

Comments

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Into the Past (Mideval, Renaissance, Stone Age)
    I went with into the past because I'm certain we'll get an education type pack. I think it would be cool to go back in time. ;)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Farm Life (farm animals, tracters and crops, cheese making, canning, nectar making)
    I just saw this after making my thread. I would love a Farming Expansion pack.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    I_Love_SimsI_Love_Sims Posts: 13 New Member
    Farm Life (farm animals, tracters and crops, cheese making, canning, nectar making)
    if i wanted my sim to go to an alien world, i would just work on being able to send her/him to sixam.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I went with Farm Life because it would probably give me the most gameplay.

Open Schools would have been nice with Sims 3 because then I could swap to my other sims without loading and such. I don't want to watch my sim kids raising their hand, falling asleep, doing misc projects, etc while my adult sims are doing nothing productive at home.

No interest in the rest except for the alien world and maybe the carnival

The carnival would be nice if done right with many games and many rides, psychic career, magic career, acrobatics, fire eating, knife throwing, contortion, clowns all things sims could master and join the circus doing. etc. I would literally want a destination world that was nothing but the carnival maybe with some rentals. I want my sims to sit in a tent and watch a show, get on the rides, actually play the games. No rabbit holes.

As for the alien world, Sixam is beautiful but it was messed up to work so hard to get there and there was absolutely NOTHING to do but take some pretty screenshots..lol I wouldn't mind the world getting fleshed out with alien type activities. I would want the aliens to be more aggressive with their behavior towards regular sims. I would love for them to think the human sims are beneath them. If an alien marries a human, other aliens would shun them and disown any children from the marriage. I still don't think it would be enough to warrant an expansion pack.
  • Options
    ForeverSims9170ForeverSims9170 Posts: 20 Member
    Okay so I really wanted a Farm Life and Into the Past but I could only choose one so I went with Farm Life. I am in NEED of a new expansion pack because I've bought every sims pack there is (expansions packs, game packs, and stuff packs) so I need something new now. I'd really love to see a much more country setting with more plains and land for farms and have chickens and chicken coops basically farm animals and have cows and be able to milk them and have horses for traveling and BE ABLE TO TRAVEL WITH MY SIMS! I would definitely love to see a farm life expansion pack.
  • Options
    ForeverSims9170ForeverSims9170 Posts: 20 Member
    I'd also really love going to university with my sims, there are mods but I want something created by Maxis that's made to be IN the game, not something that's gonna break and your gonna have to get the updated version and it lags and BREAKS your game. I also want the underwater world, I think that would be cool, again, there are mods but I'd rather not. I really hope they give us some of the old things back that we really miss, I'm pretty sure they'd score a win because some people still play TS3 in order to have what they want and maybe they could get those people hooked on TS4 if they were to bring some of the old things back. that's just my opinion and what I think because looking back on TS3, I really enjoyed traveling with my sims and the functional cars and the diverse careers and all that good stuff and looking at TS4 and how we don't have those things anymore is really upsetting.
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    Underwater World. (diving, submarines, underwater domed cities, mermaids)
    An underwater world sounds fun, especially with the domed houses.
    moss

• Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    > @CorkysPetals said:
    > If we were to get a new expansion pack that was different than the EPs from earlier Sims games, which would be your first choice? Some of these might be similar to earlier features, but an expansion pack might have all kinds of new gameplay we haven't seen before. And of course if you'd like to see more than one, you can list your faves in the comments. And of course of course, if you think of something else, please share.

there's too many of these I want to see to pick just one. :lol:
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited August 2018
    ghamrick75 wrote: »
    >there's too many of these I want to see to pick just one. :lol:

Ah, but I have an evil plan!!! If we could find out what crazy new expansions people would actually BUY, maybe certain-decision making eyes might glance this way and become inspired to create new things.

Mwahahaha

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Nothing in this poll is really a fresh idea in its entirety. Its all been done in some form. But I do like the idea of adding more to gardening and food making with the farming idea.
  • Options
    A_Simmer123A_Simmer123 Posts: 57 Member
    I went with into the past because I'm certain we'll get an education type pack. I think it would be cool to go back in time. ;)

Yes! I completely agree but I was thinking about Off The Grid because that has some of the same aspects as back in time
  • Options
    soko37 wrote: »
    Nothing in this poll is really a fresh idea in its entirety.

Most of the things I mentioned in the poll have only been minor elements in the game. And you have to admit we haven't had an expansion pack devoted to post-apocalypse or living off the grid.

It's hard to think of some aspect of life that The Sims franchise has never touched on in the last 18 years. I'm not sure what could be used as inspiration for an entire expansion pack.

Dream World Your sims inhabit a surreal and abstract realm. Confusing, bizarre and illogical events happen to your sims in a nonsensical and hallucinatory world.

Sims is the new Black When your sim gets caught breaking the sim laws, they get sent to the big house and learn to negotiate a whole new set of rules.

Funeral Fun
    Your sim does estate planning and deals with end of life issues. Plus, an active mortician career!

• Options
    JibartJibart Posts: 28 Member
    All of them sound awesome but Farm life a bit unique than others in past
  • Options
    Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    I'd love a farming pack but interactive schools would be cool as well!
  • Options
    HalvareshHalvaresh Posts: 22 Member
    Alien World (different kinds of aliens, different alien needs, alien pets, alien jobs, build mode items)
    I live on a farm & half off-grid, why would I or anyone ever want to play it in-game?
    (They have their own RL rewards & challenges that don't translate well to most games I've played.)
    That's what I don't get about the popularity of kids, laundry & other chores.
    I want to escape that drudgery! :D

I really want to see more supernatural sims, towns, objects, etc. Same for aliens. Heck, even a Steampunk mini pack would be awesome to add a few extra touches to the Victorian objects/CAS we already have. I like how vampires was loaded with so many options & it would be great to see more supernatural sim options: elves, fairies, genies (I enjoyed those more than I thought I would; make them super butlers or something), werewolves (meh, could be improved).
    I'd really like to see some magical portals to access hidden areas - similar to the bookcase door or alien portal. They would work well as a staircase alternative for limited/hidden spaces.
    Merge sci fi "Into the Future" ideas from S3 with alien options. They worked very well together & would make a nice game pack or even an expansion. Additions to the alien world - make it livable, same for the other hidden places.
    World Adventures was fantastic for tomb building - would love to see that in S4. World Adventures was my 2nd fave for that reason alone. (Supernatural was my fave; so many exotic bb options, music & CAS items.
  • Options
    dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    Go to School (interactive grade school, high school, university)
    @CorkysPetals Shouldn't Go To School just be university?
    i like anime and stuff
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    I like all of them, except maybe the go to school one, that might get boring after awhile! But I voted for Farm life one, because it's probably more likely to happen!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    Halvaresh wrote: »
    I live on a farm & half off-grid, why would I or anyone ever want to play it in-game?

My best friend lives in the woods, off-grid, in a cabin he build himself. I think some people like play the Sims to create some imaginary ideal concept of a perfect happy home. Which is kind of what my friend is doing in RL.
  • Options
    NoName123NoName123 Posts: 25 Member
    Superhero (super powers, cosumes, (branched career... hero or villain, super-martial arts, quests.)
    There are some pretty good ideas so far. I kind of would like to see a real magic pack. I know we have a vampire pack, but it would be nice to expand to other unnatural things. Maybe troublesome pixies that lift you dangerously high in the air and that you would spray like you would bug killers, a magic genie who grants your wishes in a really buggy and annoying way. There could be witches but their magic would almost be Willy Wonka like. You could even have the option of learning magic by transforming things (allowing you to get higher upgrades in builder or just randomly switching colors) turn people into animals temporarily, or body switch them (in the beginning you might run the chance of actually cursing yourself).
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Magic Town (like from Sims 1 with carnival games, carnival acts, amusement park rides)
    Magic. Please. Please. Please. I'm dying for a magic pack.
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Magic Town (like from Sims 1 with carnival games, carnival acts, amusement park rides)
    Magic Town most definitely, closely followed by a Farm Life. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Underwater World. (diving, submarines, underwater domed cities, mermaids)
    Underwater world (with mermaids) and Go to School.

I would love to see more of an underwater world, kind of like we sort of had with dive spots in Sims 3, and I just love mermaids.

I work in a school environment, and education is a major part of many kids’ lives, so I would love to see education content as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MissMollyMissMolly Posts: 9 New Member
    University! And I want the semester to feel more like an actual Uni semester, so more milestones
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    University. I loved the way Uni was done in Sims 2 with semesters, majors, course work, etc but with no age limits like in TS3 (meaning YA and Adult Sims could go to University).
  • Options
    PinklixtyPinklixty Posts: 37 Member
    Running a farm would be fun do and it's not something I'd get bored of quickly.