Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for totally new Expansion Packs.

12346...Next

Comments

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Magic Town (like from Sims 1 with carnival games, carnival acts, amusement park rides)
    I chose magic town as I liked the rides in Sims1, I liked the duels and the hole.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Farm Life (farm animals, tracters and crops, cheese making, canning, nectar making)
    I voted for the farm but I also would love to see:
    Go to School - Especially if we can customize what kind of school it is
    Off the Grid - By itself or maybe with a farming expansion
    Superhero - would love a super hero family
    Into the Past - Need more medieval things
    Post Apocalypse - Could be fun and I could even see it combined with superheros/mutants for something different
    Underwater World - Maybe with mermaids?
    Robotics - Love to see what they would do with it
  • HulkHulk Posts: 1 New Member
    Underwater World. (diving, submarines, underwater domed cities, mermaids)
    Why not bring the were wolves back, and make a stand-alone pack for them, and be more focused on, and make them look more wolf than human, having powers and all, special traits, Powers, levels maybe ,Emotions , Can be uncontrollable on full moons.. and maybe when a wolf is out of control his spouse can come in and calm him down? "the romantic / dramatic vibe"
    I would definitely buy this expansion pack!
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Farm Life (farm animals, tracters and crops, cheese making, canning, nectar making)
    I chose farm life. I know there was a good bit of store content for it in Sims 3, and there were a huge amount of requests for more. There's been a poll and specific guru questions on twitter and other social media about farming implementation, so I think there's a good chance we'll actually get it in Sims 4.

My follow up would be the Post Apocalyptic world. and a Medieval world too.

My own idea though: A full blown theme park, as the poll sort of suggested for Magic town, but also add in zoos and aquariums. It's time we had all of that. Even if the animals available in the zoo were minimal, maybe 12-16 animals total and nowhere near as interactive as pets but still mobile within their structures.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Will the next pack be new or a re-make?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Will the next pack be new or a re-make?

Hope a remake or something that brings back some features. Sims 4 still lacks in some areas (like University, occults, romance, etc).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2018
    Farm Life would be so awesome!
    I want to raise chickens and cows, make nectar and live off the grid!
    a256aFi.gif
  • NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    Superhero (super powers, cosumes, (branched career... hero or villain, super-martial arts, quests.)
    People have odd taste. I don't get why not many people seem to want something new and exciting in their game?! Like don't you use the game to escape from boredom of reality?
    Is there enough in a farming or school pack to be an EP anyway? Seasons has a lot of the stuff you'd want in a farming pack (i.e. honey, seasons, and gardening career? - I haven't got the pack, but that's what I've heard about it), would a farming pack be any good without a seasons pack too?
    School sounds more like it'd be a GP than an EP to me, but I'm a bit too old to want that over other packs, so it wouldn't be for me anyway!
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g
    Superhero (super powers, cosumes, (branched career... hero or villain, super-martial arts, quests.)
    wrenstales wrote: »
    I chose magic town as I liked the rides in Sims1, I liked the duels and the hole.

I really want a baby dragon.
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    Is there enough in a farming or school pack to be an EP anyway?

Here's how I imagine a Farm pack. A new rural town with one neighborhood that has some shops and a town square with a farmer's market. There would be 8 64x64 lots. 2 or three would have pre-mades living on them, a couple with empty farm houses and some blank lots. Game play would include new havestables, canning, jam making, cheese making, nectar-making. There would be cows and chickens, goats and horses to feed/milk/collect eggs from. Your sims could either sell items at the farmer's market or set up a farm stand on the home lot. New objects could include a stool to sit on while milking or a giant milking machine and a chicken coop. Maybe a small rabbithole greenhouse (or more options for a build your own). Windmills and wells could replace bills. There might even be new insects, rabbits and foxes who eat crops etc..You could ride your horse around and even travel to new lots while sitting on it, dressage etc.. You could even include an agricultural research station object to hybridize new crops. How about a body of water that allows fish/oyster farming?

I could go on. I think it would work.

• hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    Go to School (interactive grade school, high school, university)
    Go to school!!! And college!!!
    I'm so for it...Because its realistic. I'm a fan of anything realistic. And its so necessary. I'm tired of packs with unrealistic or not so necessary for the game- themes. I mean they're nice to have, And have the option to play them from time to time but after you play their new career\life-state for a few days or weeks and then get completely bored of them, you just continue playing the "normal" sim life. University is a MUST, Always have been such an amazing and an exciting addition to the game in the previous ones, It added a whole new meaning and opportunities for the young adults lives. And school...I have always dreamed of having my kids and teens go to school and being with them in their classes ,hallway ,proms, cafeteria etc, Having different cliques and groups like goth\jocks\cheerleaders\science club etc...And I have always wanted to see their friends and teachers... Ever since the sims 2 it was my dream...And I know for a fact that many other simmers would have die to have functioning schools, Just look at how many go-to-school mods there are out there online, And how many machinima sims videos on YouTube are high school themed.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I totally want all of these packs, but University is definitely a must!

Though I could definitely also go for a post-apocalyptic pack with grunge themed build/buy items!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Post Apocalypse (ruined buildings, no power, water, phones (no jobs?). Zombies?)
    Post-apocalyptic alien off grid! Anything, new! Fresh!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    Hejix wrote: »
    Post-apocalyptic alien off grid! Anything, new! Fresh!

I agree with the need for freshness! But... how would it work? Would there be a post-apocalyptic world and all the other worlds would stay the same? Would sims from other worlds be able to visit that one? Or would it be more like a big stuff pack that would make it easier to make any lot look post-apocalyptic?
    I feel like you could encompass farming in this anyway, but make it much darker. You go out to collect eggs off the chickens and 50% of the time they're too radioactive to eat and your sim gets ill.
    how would it work? Would there be a post-apocalyptic world and all the other worlds would stay the same? Would sims from other worlds be able to visit that one? Or would it be more like a big stuff pack that would make it easier to make any lot look post-apocalyptic?

I don't know much about game design, but The Sims 3 Into the Future managed to have gameplay that only happened in the future worlds. I guess It's like active careers with the hidden lots only available with careers. With the current structure of the game it could be something like this:

An object (the Spline Reticulation Collider) can be purchased in buy mode. Your sim can perform various upgrades. The perpetual motion upgrade turned on causes the sim to visit a hidden neighborhood in an alternate dimension, kind of like traveling to Selvadorada. The pre-made world is filled with ruined buildings and scary inhabitants. Your sim must scavenge food, water and shelter. Your sim can put together some trash-shack and grow mutated crops. If your sim can collect the scattered parts, they can put together the Spline Reticulation Collider and return to Oasis Springs or Windenburg just seconds before the event that caused the apocalypse.

The objects would be available in build and buy mode afterwards, like career unlocks, if you felt like re-making all your neighborhoods.

What do you think?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited December 2018
    People have odd taste. I don't get why not many people seem to want something new and exciting in their game?! Like don't you use the game to escape from boredom of reality?

It’s life simulator, so I expect realistic content in it, and I (and many other simmers apparently) do like the realistic content.

Also: I will never be a famous writer/painter/entertainer/singer/actor or celebrity in general, or have dozens of children, or become a great athlete, a great detective, an astronaut, a restaurant manager, a stylist, a beekeeper, a gardner, and whatever other stuff that is in the Sims that I (myself, personally) can’t do in real life. That is part of the fantasy for me, and it’s not boring for me, as I can only dream about doing this kind of stuff.

I will never be a farmer in real life, but I would love to play a fantasy (idealized) version of a farmer in the Sims. (I do play farming simulator games like Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Stardew Valley, and Rune Factory, etc.)

I would like a school pack and farming pack as well.

The reason I would want a school pack is that I want to try making an idealized version of what I would have liked my school life to have been like.

I also want to tell varied stories that would take place in school (especially in middle school or high school, and college). Romances and crushes can occur on school campuses, after all.

A school pack would add a new setting for new types of stories about fitting in, dealing with school life, dealing with peer pressure, struggling (or succeeding) with school work, jealousy or envy plots involving academic success and/or romantic endeavors, getting pressured by parents (and/or being embarassed by them), trying to ask someone out on a date or to prom, and so on.

Edited to add: The reason I chose Underwater choice, though, is because I would like the mermaids, swimmable oceans, and underwater lots back as well. :) We could use more new places, swimming in ocean water, and more occults.

And I would totally be up for time travel packs and the many other stuff on this poll as well. ^_^
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LazerSimmerLazerSimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    Yeah it would be amazing if you could see your sims go to school and interact with teachers and fellow students .
    Go on field trips.
    Do orals
    Do some phys ED
    Join clubs
    Join a clique