Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Discuss "Sims 5" Project: 06 NEW GAME MODES

Comments

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2018
    @SeanT346 This is really cool. I think that the "culture", "traditional greeting", "cultural clothing option" and etc could be made like we can assign traits to lots in Sims 4. Those things would be "regional traits" or something like that. If the world spawn occults, if the world have journal paper, etc... They could even release things focused in other times, like medieval, then the medieval world wouldnt have cellphones or cars, the clothing would be more medieval. Or a futuristic world. Or a roaring twenties world... There is a bunch of different possibilities.

@Jordan061102 then, please, if you can, share what you would like it to be like! I would love to hear!

@king_of_simcity7 In which aspect? Graphics? Or the way its organized in the pictures?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I would like big worlds, with premades with stories. Like in TS2, when you played with premades you had the impression that someone already played with them before, and that was awesome. I want premades with relations between the other premades, like that the world could feel alive.
    And in the worlds they should be a lot of space for playing etc, like in real life, good sound effects, good looking worlds.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    I would like big worlds, with premades with stories. Like in TS2, when you played with premades you had the impression that someone already played with them before, and that was awesome. I want premades with relations between the other premades, like that the world could feel alive.
    And in the worlds they should be a lot of space for playing etc, like in real life, good sound effects, good looking worlds.

Oh, i agree with you @Jordan061102 cuz in SIms 2 the premade towns felt alive, like they were conected to eachother and living their lives before when started to play. In Sims 3 we still had that, although less, cuz the towns didnt had a major plot going on like in Sims 2, but in SIms 4... omg... it just looks like i deleted the premades and placed brand new ones that dont know anyone, have no skills, no memories... nothing.
    I also miss classic sims appearing in all worlds like in SIMS 3. I wish they'd continued that in Sims 4, but they choose to place the game in a rebooted timeline. Its boring.
    Although i like the new premades like the Pancakes or Vlad, i still care for the other premades. Its disrespectful to us that enjoy playing with them.
    I remember that someone said that they prefer the rebooted timeline cuz they dont care about premades and always delete them, which doesnt make sense to me. If you dont play with premades, how are they going to affect your game if you delete them all.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Thank you so much for asking for my advice.

First off I love your advice for the sims 5. Here are my thoughts on the sims 5

The world should be more open like the sims 3 however In order to work with lower end systems the game would divide the areas into neighborhoods which would all be open.

When you first load the world you could scroll around the whole area, and pick which neighborhood / house you want to visit. Like the sims 2 you could make the map have slightly lower graphics or maybe not show the objects inside of buildings so the game doesn’t have to load all the objects when viewing the map. The world map would use white lines to divide the various areas into neighborhoods which would be completely open like the sims 3. This way you could see what each neighborhood’s area consisted of.

The neighborhood would be completely open like the sims 3 but not too big. Think like the sims 4 areasbut possible slightly bigger. Unlike the sims 4 all houses/lots would be open without loading screens. Since the open world is smaller, This would allow the game to have more sims per community lot without lag so the places actually feel alive.

Also when editing the lots they should have lot traits in the base game (although you can choose 5 per lot). You should also be able to make a lot a multiple venue (kind of like sims 2). Each lot could have 3 different lot venue (e.g. a bar venue, resteraunt venue, and museum venue all in one lot) this would allow people to make plazas that function like a park, but also as a shopping district and a bar.

Also sims should return the feature to purchase clothes and groceries like in the sims 2. You would have objects that allow sims to buy clothes or groceries, etc, and if the lot type was a shopping venue, other townie sims would be pushed to browse items, try on clothes, and make simulated purchases (they don’t actually buy it but it looks like they do).

Sims would start with 1 suit for each category which you could completely customize like sims 3 or 4. If you go to the store and choose to buy clothes to use for different outfit slots (e.g second or third everyday suit). Like with the sims 4, the clothes you buy could be used for any clothing category and would then be available when editing the sims clothes.

The game should come with 3 worlds (European, North American and a dessert world). However you would have the option of creating your own world. Here is an example of how a create a world tool could look like for sims 5
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JuXhDzUxMP71FtmTmjLbfNT7JQZvZ4xU/view

Well that’s all I have to say for now
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2018
    I think a world size closer to the Sims 1 Unleashed or Sims 2 worlds would be ideal for Sims 5. Sims 3 had too many lots per world for me, yet not enough undeveloped huge lots: the huge lot problem carried forward to Sims 4 in that when placing a 64x64 gallery lot, you must delete an existing game lot in the process, usually a central park. That isn't good for my Simkids who need playground equipment to play on as well. Also, I like the way in Sims 4 that Sims are able to travel between worlds without having to move there. Also, there should be more undeveloped lots to cater to Sim builders and allow room for placement of Gallery/Exchange lots. I think ideally, worlds should have 25-30 lots.

There should be more venue types as well. I hope Sims 5 includes pools at the outset, along with a Pool venue. And needless to say, Sims 5 better have learned from the Sims 4 outcry and include toddlers at the outset or much screaming temper tantrums will ensue along with many lost customers. With the toddlers should be a Day Care venue. Sims 3 style rabbitholes wouldn't be so bad for Sims 5, PROVIDED that as the game is developed, the rabbitholes are replaced with functional lots. Kind of like the Sims 3 crypt was in the cemetery: when visiting during a full moon, it then became a functional area instead of a rabbithole with chance cards. Speaking of which, we really need a Cemetery venue - in both Sims 4 and Sims 5. If you define a park as requiring a grill and playground equipment, cemeteries and funeral homes have neither grills nor playground equipment. Even national parks (Outdoor Retreat) require grills. We also need a Wedding venue. I have downloaded several lots off the Sims 4 gallery that were generic lots described as Wedding venues. With modifications, one became a bar in my game (after adding certain bushes from City Living and Jungle Adventure). And of course, the bar venue, gym venue, lounge venue, and nightclub venues should return, as well as the spa venue, coffee/tea shop venue and restaurant venue. In Sims 4, I miss the previous game venues of grocery store and bookstore - these should also return in Sims 5. In Sims 5 there could also be an internet cafe venue. This could just be a place to rent computers by the hour, or a place to use VR by the hour (like a place I visited recently with friends in real life - if you are in the greater Seattle area, this place is located at the Federal Way Commons near Macys).

If VR is well enough developed by the time Sims 5 comes out and they maybe call Sims 5 "Sims VR", open world would be a must. At this point in the evolution of computer systems, no computer out there (except maybe a quantum supercomputer) could handle a VR world the size of Sims 3 worlds. However, this might change in the next 10 or 20 years. (20 years ago, I was using Windows 98 on a Pentium computer with a hard drive size of 2 GB.) If Sims 4 were VR compatible, the small world size would not be an issue anymore - but the loading screens could be. At this point, they might have to host Sims VR in the cloud to make the worlds large enough. Multiplayer games typically have large open worlds, but those large open worlds are also supported by multiple servers. To cover the cost of VR/open world, they would probably have to have a multiplayer option, with microtransactions, subscriptions, or add-on DLC. Avakin Life already has a VR option, and is a multiplayer chat game, with similarities to the Sims (no toddlers though, and fewer interactive objects, and it is filled with advertising/microtransactions). I bring this up to give a general idea of what it might look like.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    @peterskywalker Also, it would be great if in Sims 5 we could have stores in our home lots, like in Sims 2. Thanks for your ideas, they are really cool!

@SimsILikeSims Yes, SIms 2 size was probably the best one. Its would be a detailed neighborhood like SIms 4 ones, but it would be a little bit bigger without lagging everything. I also agree that they should add rabbit holes, but replacing them with functional lots. I can even see they fitting such thing in game packs, like dine out did.
  • Options
    Hey guys, sorry that i didnt post the new thread yet, my mother will be doing a surgical procedure and i have to look up to her, but i promise i will be back as soon as i can.
  • Options
    Quintina85Quintina85 Posts: 77 Member
    My dream sims 5 game will have a COMPLETELY open world with various types of regions within it. However, I also don't mind the idea of having open regions instead. It will be an overall extra large scenic map with lots of trees and scenery in-between regions.

Each region should have settings/options:
    • Region Size: You can choose from small - extra large regions, all with varying amounts of residential and
    commercial lots. This will give players an opportunity to have their map as big or as small as their computers can handle.

• Region Wealth: Wealthy neighborhoods, Poor neighborhoods and in-between neighborhoods (You can sett all wealthy, poor or change them
    up as you like in your game.
    o Good neighborhoods will have fancier cars and hangouts where you are most likely to find wealthy Sims hanging out.
    o In between neighborhoods have more home thefts than wealthy (due to less expensive security systems) but are nice places to live
    o Poor neighborhoods have poorer Sims and cars smaller plots of land and houses.

• Region types: Suburb, dessert, city, swamp, town, beach w/boardwalk, mountain, lake/woods, farm areas, each with scenery, residential
    and commercial lots

I would love for all regions to connect and make one very large Map filled with variety. You can download custom regions so that your map is perfect for you. I wont get into the types of lots I want to fill my map with since I am assuming that will be a separate post. I really like this idea. I love reading what other people think and imagining what we might actually get from sims 5.

• Options
    Quintina85 wrote: »
    My dream sims 5 game will have a COMPLETELY open world with various types of regions within it. However, I also don't mind the idea of having open regions instead. It will be an overall extra large scenic map with lots of trees and scenery in-between regions.

Each region should have settings/options:
    • Region Size: You can choose from small - extra large regions, all with varying amounts of residential and
    commercial lots. This will give players an opportunity to have their map as big or as small as their computers can handle.

• Region Wealth: Wealthy neighborhoods, Poor neighborhoods and in-between neighborhoods (You can sett all wealthy, poor or change them
    up as you like in your game.
    o Good neighborhoods will have fancier cars and hangouts where you are most likely to find wealthy Sims hanging out.
    o In between neighborhoods have more home thefts than wealthy (due to less expensive security systems) but are nice places to live
    o Poor neighborhoods have poorer Sims and cars smaller plots of land and houses.

• Region types: Suburb, dessert, city, swamp, town, beach w/boardwalk, mountain, lake/woods, farm areas, each with scenery, residential
    and commercial lots

I would love for all regions to connect and make one very large Map filled with variety. You can download custom regions so that your map is perfect for you. I wont get into the types of lots I want to fill my map with since I am assuming that will be a separate post. I really like this idea. I love reading what other people think and imagining what we might actually get from sims 5.

thanks, i love your ideas.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2018
    No catering for computers with low specs. for a start otherwise we will be stuck in the same boat as before.

Just give the needed specifications, make them high and give plenty of time for Simmers to upgrade or save for new machines.

I personally think that they will aim at VR for any future Sims Games. I did notice that one of the SimsGurus left to work on Oculus Rift. I would love to be able to travel through my worlds and houses.

My laptop already supports Oculus Rift, with a GTX NVidia 1060 card, though I haven't downloaded it yet and it wasn't that expensive.
  • Options
    02 PERSONALITIES, TRAITS, FAVORITES AND ZODIAC
    TS2_Personality.jpg

Sorry guys, i should have posted that before, but my mom had to go on a surgery, and i had to be with her. But now that i am back, lets discuss Sims 5. This weeks theme is "Personalities, Traits, Favorites and Zodiac", if you want to suggest the next theme, feel free to do that. (If you guys want to talk about the previous theme, its okay).

One of the most discussed topics during Sims 4 lifetime is how many simmers feel that our sims personalities seem shallow now.
    Some put the blame on us having only 3 trait slots, while others point to other reasons like the lack of variety of traits.
    Although I love the trait system, I find it a bit confusing, since real people often have primordial "traits" and personal taste "traits".
    I believe that "primordial traits" are those that would affect our sims motives in some way, or be involved to them.
    Imagine how a neat sim with low bladder 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in a dirty toilet would feel. Maybe he/she would stop to clean before using it, or maybe they would feel very discomfortable while using it.
    But not everyone is neat, normally we all would feel uncomfortable sitting in a dirty toilet. While some wouldn't care. Everyone has a certain amount of neatness at some point.
    Now, imagine a sim that loves reading books. Not everyone loves reading books, or painting, or gardening... Those would be "personal taste traits".

Many lovers of The Sims 2 would say that the zodiac system was the best. I believe that not one system is better than the other, but both can be great if they come into harmony.
    How they would do that in SIms 5? Add the zodiac system in the same way it was in SIms 1 and 2, cuz it always dealt with what I consider "primordial traits":
    Slob, Occasional Cleaner or Neat-Freak. Shy, Member of the Crowd or People Person. Lazy, Laid Back and Energetic. Serious, Amused and Life of the Party. Mean, Easy Going and Compassionate.
    It would work the same way as usual, adding points and defining signs. Those signs would account for the attraction system.

The "personal taste traits" would focus on random things, like vegan-vegetarian, Hydrophobic-Loves to swim, Loves the cold-Loves the heat, Lucky-Unlucky, Heavy sleeper-Light sleeper, etc...
    The favorites should be reintroduced, but using traits this time.
    Favorite Music Genre
    You can choose a particular music genre as a trait, or "eclectic sonorous" trait (which will enjoy any music genre), or "hates music" (which will always turn stereos off or they will feel discomfortable).
    Favorite Book Genre (Bookworm, Random Genre, Hates Reading), Favorite Movie Genre and others would work the same way.

@Sk8rblaze @Cynna @halimali1980 @Movotti @OmarSPiedra @EmmaVane @Madoka @leetamme @Jessa_Dakkar @alanmichael1 @kremesch73 @JoAnne65 @Scobre @Metaphasic @Sigzy05 @Shinzen @MasonGamer @DeKay @libra_style @Sjofn @AkramA @Charliecheesenurgers @fullspiral @Sim_Man17 @hathawayne @KirbySkywalker @michelei @elanorbreton @vikixc @VanPelt81
    @SeanT346 @Jordan061102 @king_of_simcity7 @peterskywalker @SimsILikeSims @Quintina85 @ferret9005 @RockinSheep @Hermai
  • Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    TS2_Personality.jpg

Sorry guys, i should have posted that before, but my mom had to go on a surgery, and i had to be with her. But now that i am back, lets discuss Sims 5. This weeks theme is "Personalities, Traits, Favorites and Zodiac", if you want to suggest the next theme, feel free to do that. (If you guys want to talk about the previous theme, its okay).

One of the most discussed topics during Sims 4 lifetime is how many simmers feel that our sims personalities seem shallow now.
    Some put the blame on us having only 3 trait slots, while others point to other reasons like the lack of variety of traits.
    Although I love the trait system, I find it a bit confusing, since real people often have primordial "traits" and personal taste "traits".
    I believe that "primordial traits" are those that would affect our sims motives in some way, or be involved to them.
    Imagine how a neat sim with low bladder plum in a dirty toilet would feel. Maybe he/she would stop to clean before using it, or maybe they would feel very discomfortable while using it.
    But not everyone is neat, normally we all would feel uncomfortable sitting in a dirty toilet. While some wouldn't care. Everyone has a certain amount of neatness at some point.
    Now, imagine a sim that loves reading books. Not everyone loves reading books, or painting, or gardening... Those would be "personal taste traits".

Many lovers of The Sims 2 would say that the zodiac system was the best. I believe that not one system is better than the other, but both can be great if they come into harmony.
    How they would do that in SIms 5? Add the zodiac system in the same way it was in SIms 1 and 2, cuz it always dealt with what I consider "primordial traits":
    Slob, Occasional Cleaner or Neat-Freak. Shy, Member of the Crowd or People Person. Lazy, Laid Back and Energetic. Serious, Amused and Life of the Party. Mean, Easy Going and Compassionate.
    It would work the same way as usual, adding points and defining signs. Those signs would account for the attraction system.

The "personal taste traits" would focus on random things, like vegan-vegetarian, Hydrophobic-Loves to swim, Loves the cold-Loves the heat, Lucky-Unlucky, Heavy sleeper-Light sleeper, etc...
    Favorite Music Genre
    You can choose a particular music genre as a trait, or "eclectic sonorous" trait (which will enjoy any music genre), or "hates music" (which will always turn stereos off or they will feel discomfortable).
    Favorite Book Genre (Bookworm, Random Genre, Hates Reading), Favorite Movie Genre and others would work the same way.

I personally would like a likes/ dislikes function. Like I want my sims 4 traits like they are and then if you want more specifics you can put what your sim hates and stuff. Kind of like the whole club system from get together. You can put what your sim likes to do and what your sim doesn’t like to do. It could take over their autonomy so if their needs are taken care of your sim will do something they like such as painting or baking. That way they don’t just constantly watch tv or browse the web. You would no longer have to manually tell them to do certain things. That’s what I would like personally.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    TS2_Personality.jpg

Imagine how a neat sim with low bladder plum in a dirty toilet would feel. Maybe he/she would stop to clean before using it, or maybe they would feel very discomfortable while using it.

Favorite Music Genre

I personally would like a likes/ dislikes function. Like I want my sims 4 traits like they are and then if you want more specifics you can put what your sim hates and stuff. Kind of like the whole club system from get together. You can put what your sim likes to do and what your sim doesn’t like to do. It could take over their autonomy so if their needs are taken care of your sim will do something they like such as painting or baking. That way they don’t just constantly watch tv or browse the web. You would no longer have to manually tell them to do certain things. That’s what I would like personally.

I personally dont like SIms 4 trait system, i feel too limited. But i like the Sims 3 traits and slots. But, i agree that would be cool to add likes/dislikes.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    I basically like all your suggestions, though I wouldn’t be a fan of a zodiac system. Wasn’t that just some presets? I prefer choosing myself.

As for “Some put the blame on us having only 3 trait slots, while others point to other reasons like the lack of variety of traits“, personally (and I’m not under the impression I’m the only one) I mainly blame the emotional system, that overrides the traits. Regardless the traits, once a sim has an emotion (and they constantly do) every sim will react exactly the same way. Plus, while many traits in Sims 3 matter, in Sims 4 each trait has way less characteristics (the Sims Wiki reveals that).

That being said, as for a Sims 5 I’d want a combination of Sims 2 (traits are defined using sliders) and Sims 3/4 (traits as icons you select). As for personality I’d like the sliders because as I understand it correctly that was more subtle and refined. But I’d also like to be able to pick some (2 or 3) skill based traits, using an icon system. Those skill based traits should really matter, in a way that sims without a certain trait can never achieve what a sim with the trait can achieve.

On top of this I’d love turn offs and turn ons to return. Oh, and I’d want that emotion system to be completely gone, for me it doesn’t work at all. At best I manage to ignore it when playing Sims 4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I like the favorite music genre trait. It'll force the developers to make a wide range of music genres like in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    poptarts_poptarts_ Posts: 152 Member
    TS2_Personality.jpg

Favorite Music Genre

Dude I love this idea. The autonomy bugs me so much sometimes, my sims are ALWAYS on their phones. It'd help build their skills as well, when you're tryna get it up to a level 10 and you've got several sims to deal with in a household!

Personally I didn't like the sloppy
    neat system where you'd choose how many points a sim has. I didn't mind the zodiac, but i think my favourite system was that of sims 3 where you could pick favourite food, colour etc and make things personal!

• Options
    I regret though favourite colour or music doesn’t do anything in Sims 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Sims who eat their favorite food will clap and laugh as they eat, and are more likely to autonomously make it. Sims listening to their favorite genre of music will get a +40 "Enjoying Music" moodlet, instead of +10. If a Sim is instructed to "Dance" to a stereo, they will change it to their favorite radio station. Favourite colors serve no purpose other than as a conversation topic amongst Sims. They only had purpose in Into THe Future in the Sonic Shower. Using the sonic shower with the Sim's favorite color will increase their hygiene faster, as well as grant the "Favored Cleansing" moodlet. Consuming a drink from the drink synthesizer that matches a Sim's favourite color will give them the "Favored Drink" moodlet, while drinking the opposing color will give the "It is Revolting" moodlet instead. Colors and their opposites are listed adjacent to each other below.
    Although they have some purpose, i agree with you that its too little. They should improve the favorites, not get rid of them.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited September 2018
    At least five set traits.

More available traits in general.

Yes to the zodiac.

Volatile likes and dislikes. For example, people change over time. Like the sims 4, being able to declare a weather preference. Declare a favorite music , food, drink, sim, animal, etc, which can be changed on a whim. Should affect mood.

Left and right handed sims, affects which hand they hold things with, or play a guitar upside down, etc.

Hair growth and barber shops.

Tanning when in sun. Sunscreen.

IQ, should affect how many skills and to what level they can reach.

Ailments / Disabilities such as broken legs and arms, and paralysis / wheelchairs.

Conditions such as being blind or deaf.

Anything at all that would add depth to the sims.

Kids don’t go to school in summer!
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Sims who eat their favorite food will clap and laugh as they eat, and are more likely to autonomously make it. Sims listening to their favorite genre of music will get a +40 "Enjoying Music" moodlet, instead of +10. If a Sim is instructed to "Dance" to a stereo, they will change it to their favorite radio station. Favourite colors serve no purpose other than as a conversation topic amongst Sims. They only had purpose in Into THe Future in the Sonic Shower. Using the sonic shower with the Sim's favorite color will increase their hygiene faster, as well as grant the "Favored Cleansing" moodlet. Consuming a drink from the drink synthesizer that matches a Sim's favourite color will give them the "Favored Drink" moodlet, while drinking the opposing color will give the "It is Revolting" moodlet instead. Colors and their opposites are listed adjacent to each other below.
    Although they have some purpose, i agree with you that its too little. They should improve the favorites, not get rid of them.
    That’s why I left out food ;) Because indeed, you can tell what their favourite food is and I like figuring out a visitors favourite meal and cook it for them). Moodlets I must confess don’t really do it for me, because I hardly notice them. I like the moodlet system only when it shows in their behaviour or when it’s a way for them to remember things. Didn’t know that from ITF though!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    My problem with the zodiac was that if I was making someone whose sign I knew, the personality wouldn't necessarily match. I remember neither me nor my husband, if I wanted our personalities to be remotely close, matched our actual zodiac, and that bugged me. <3

That said, I'd like the zodiac to come back as something you pick for a sim, because those are one of those silly little things that help you feel like you're fleshing out your sim, and can get incorporated into an attraction system, etc. I also think the more 'favorites' the better. Even if they don't have a huge impact, they're fun.

I really liked the TS3 system for traits, although I agree that not all traits are created equal as far as impacting a sim. Something like 'vehicle lover' feels more like a quirk, while 'genius' should be pretty obvious.

TS4's traits ... I think they impact more than people really give them credit for, sometimes, but it varies pretty wildly from trait to trait. Plus environmental buffs are just way too powerful, which kind of overpowers the moodlet-adding traits pretty easily (my poor Gloomy dude's +1 Sad stands no chance whatsoever without the mods I use, for example). That contributes to the bland way a lot of them feel, I think.
  • Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    poptarts_ wrote: »
    TS2_Personality.jpg

Favorite Music Genre

Dude I love this idea. The autonomy bugs me so much sometimes, my sims are ALWAYS on their phones. It'd help build their skills as well, when you're tryna get it up to a level 10 and you've got several sims to deal with in a household!

Personally I didn't like the sloppy
    neat system where you'd choose how many points a sim has. I didn't mind the zodiac, but i think my favourite system was that of sims 3 where you could pick favourite food, colour etc and make things personal!

Why thank you!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I don't want zodiacs if they're gonna do it like how did did it previously. Zodiacs are just tied to your birthdays literally and not your personality. Now, I tend to make a lot of sims with similar personalities back then and they all have the same zodiacs, so it defeats the purpose for me.

I am fine with the personality trait in TS4 some examples being the sims with the certain trait would have a special option to talk about it to other sims, etc) but it needs more stuff added to it like an option for us to add favorites and dislikes.

Turn on and off's would be nice too.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Quintina85Quintina85 Posts: 77 Member
    I agree with many of you, I want the traits to actually mean something. I love the idea of being able to change them. My favorite color when I was a child is not my favorite color today.

I need variety in my personalities. I would like to see some new personalities like: Helpful- sims will help clean another sim's house, tutor, help cook, watch kids. Independent- sims move out of parents house earlier, get a job early and child/teen, may learn to walk by themselves, works very well by alone and are often self starters. Loving- they are affectionate, when dating they are big on PDA, when little loves to hug, be held, and cuddled. Rude- they skip lines, litter on the street and indoors, Unfriendly- hard to get along with. Talented- in everything or certain things for example, cooking. Petty- make dinner but wont share, Dont like sims touching their things.

I would like for sims traits to affect how they get along with other sims. Not saying they cant get along, but may have to work harder at it. Sims can argue 1 day and still be friends. Maybe if one sim likes to garden, another likes to cook they share dishes and herbs and vegetables with each other. When we have traits I want them to actually mean something without becoming a nuisance. My petty sims and helpful sims should be able to be best friends but clash at times depending on what is happening and what other traits they have.

Traits and Personalities should shape their auto behavior, and give us a little variety in our game play. Zodiac signs are ok. I LOVED having favorite things but wish that there were more ways to incorporate it. If my sim is baking a cake for his girlfriend maybe he should ice it blue if that's her favorite color, she would react to the blue icing.
  • Options
    Rooky101Rooky101 Posts: 4 New Member
    I really like the parenthood system! I like the idea that the way you treat and play with your sim affects their personality, so I would love to see how TS5 could possibly use a similar procedure to this when it comes to traits and personalities! Maybe if you made a brand new adult sim from scratch there could be more specific trait categories and a wider range of traits to choose from? (E.g. Category: kind soul, actual traits to choose from: charitable, helpful, thoughtful, loves others, loves friends, loves animals, etc.) I guess as long as TS5 allows you to build up a more complex personality and offers the opportunity for you to make each sim completely unique, we will enjoy it! So overall, just add more detail! :D