Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 009 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    More promotions - Ianto is now at level 7 and Danielle level 6. The twins have just aged up to kids and I've decided to build a maze to disguise the house.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Congrats on the promotions! A maze sounds good. Have fun with building it.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    A maze is an awesome idea. :smiley:
  • Options
    @illusie @Rawla thanks.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Karise How's the maze going?! Did u finish it?!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha yes I did finish the maze - finally!

I'm back playing the drifters again now but unfortunately I'm having to do the house over as the twins grew up before Daniella got her final promotion.

Oh well, it's a good refresher on how to "drift" lol.
  • Options
    @Karise, congrats on finishing the maze! A shame you have to do this house again. Best of luck to you.
    Welcome back to the drifter challenge!
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Welcome back Karise! I'm sorry that you have to do the house over again and I wish you better luck with this attempt.
  • Options
    @illusie @Piazzagirl1015 Thanks - it's good to be back. Just one of those things doing the house over. It's happened before and no doubt will happen again, lol.

Going well so far. This time I've really concentrated on getting Ianto and Danielle their promotions so now he's level 8 and she's level 6. Baby James has just been born so I've got plenty of time to work on topping the careers.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    So far I only had to start over a few times *knocks on wood* but you are right. Starting over is part of drifting.

I think you are doing great so far! I usually won't try for the baby until they are atleast at level 5 of their career. And sometimes it still is a close call then. *fingers crossed for you!*

I'm sure you'll catch up with me soon enough. I'm still on house 13, but am not making any progress because I still have to finish of the house. I have no ideas for it at the moment, so drifting will have to wait for a bit.
  • Options
    @illusie good luck with that. Hope you find inspiration soon. :smile:
  • Options
    Karise wrote: »
    @illusie good luck with that. Hope you find inspiration soon. :smile:

Thank you. I'm sure I will. But for now I'm focusing on building another house. I want to complete that before getting caught up in the drifter challenge again :) If you want to have a peak at that non drifter house, you can take a look here
  • Options
    @illusie really nice house. :smile:
  • Options
    House complete. :smile:

Ianto and Danielle had another child, Jenny and I managed to rebuild the maze - which was the source of some amusement. Apart from the hedges to represent the actual maze I added some decorative items, include a bush (because, of course the "public" would need somewhere to ... ah "go" if they're caught short, lol) and a picnic table. What I didn't realise was that my household would want to use said bush and table - even though they had perfectly good (and more expensive) items in the house. I had to add in a gate and lock it to stop them constantly running around the maze!

Anyway, all done and onto house 10.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Thank you!

Awesome! Congrats @Karise! Your maze sounds lovely. funny about the bush. Yes you do need one :)
    I had the same problem at a restaurant. Instead of using the toilet the kid went to the bush lol funny they kept going into the maze to use the bush.

Have fun in house 10!
  • Options
    @illusie Thanks
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hello all. Not sure if anyone is around that I used to know but anyway, I started missing the Banks family so I decided I wanted to play them again but unfortunately, I had deleted all my saves. But then I found a file in my back up folder for Sims 4 that matched the date I was last playing them- according to the few pictures I had- so after trying and trying I got it to load up finally and I can play the Banks family again. This save starts after they are married and have had their jobs for a couple of days. They already have a bed, toilet, fridge and a shower on the lot so I am not sure when they got married but anyway I am picking back up where I left off. But I am so happy I was able to get my save to load up. I had to move them because they were on the wrong lot oddly enough. I don't know why that was the case but anyway, I also had to replace all of Windenburg because apparently I had deleted it LOL.

I even had to read my blog to see what was going on again.

So, back to drifting. Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Edited to add: Just wanted to mention that I think they are recently married because they both have the just married mood-let. I don't know why I have no pictures of it though. Of course, I am missing all my pictures from House 8. All I have it my blog. I might try to search imagur later. So, I have decided to just move on and start here.
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 Sorry to hear to you lost so much and good luck moving forward.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Thank you @Karise I am just really happy to be able to play them again. I have really missed the Banks family. :)
  • Options
    @glimmer50, welcome back to drifting! t's a shame you lost your screenshots, but great that you still have your Banks family! Have fun drifting with them!
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Well.. it's that time. I've gotten started on House 9 now.. just at the beginning still, but they've got a mini bunker.. I decided to use parts of the plane from Strangerville to disguise it. The whole plane doesn't fit, and it looks like the plane broke up on impact, but that's ok. Crashes don't always keep all the pieces there, right?

Oh, and even better? My secondary sim rolled the Self-absorbed trait just like my heir, Eva. Guess they were meant to be!
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall, good luck with house 9!! lol yes they are meant to be! <3 I have not tried that trait yet. I hope it is annoying to have to self-absorbed sims in the home!
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall Good luck with the house. I don't have Strangerville so it'll be interesting to see what your house looks like.
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Karise I really liked StrangerVille. Not just for the story, but the build items it adds are pretty darn cool. A new set of windows/doors/fences/columns.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I second that @IllusoryThrall . Though I still have not finished the story. I love the building objects, lots of victorian style objects. They fit perfectly with the kind of houses I like to build.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top