Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play in full screen or windowed mode?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Windowed (includes windowed full screen)
    I play in full screen windowed mode so I can see the time on my computer's taskbar. That way I don't stay up too late playing or forget to eat when my hubby isn't home to remind me.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    Windowed full screen - it seems to work well for multi-monitor setups like mine. I can easily use the windows key + shift + arrow key to move the game to another monitor if needed.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Full Screen
    Full screen because that's just what I've always done. I really only use my computer to play games everything else is done on a phone tablet or laptop.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Full Screen
    Full screen because I have my laptop opened next to me. I've never even thought to play in windowed mode.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    want to be able to do more then one thing when playing Sims
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    PeanutButterVibesPeanutButterVibes Posts: 15 Member
    Full Screen
    Currently playing full screen although I would prefer playing windowed mode. Somehow I can’t get the resolution settings right, the proportions of my game get messed up if I don’t use full screen..
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Full Screen
    Until recently, it was alway Full Screen for me. But not so long ago, I've tried Windowed Full Screen, and I feel like my game runs a bit smoother. It's definitely easier to check something on the Internet etc., because when I minimize the full screen version, it tends to lag afterwards for a moment. The only disadvantage is that the edge scrolling doesn't work for me in windowed mode, and I'm really used to that. Maybe I'll try to change my habits though.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    The first reason is I spend my time to copy/paste cheat code from the browser to the game.

Windowed mode since SimCity 4 and The Sims 2.