Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have lesbian/gay couples with biological kids?

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
As since the gender patch we can have without need of mods,females than can get pregnant other sims and males than can become pregnant*, do you have as main family a houshold of 2 mothers or 2 fathers?

Me yes, if well I made their daughters at CAS then from CAS my lesbian couple has 4 daughters, I made one of the mothers than can impregnate other sims, so usually I make than couple havein-game 2 or 3 more kids.

Also one daughter of that family is married with her wife and made one ofthey than canmpregnate her wife

PD: also as at Brindletown there is a gay couple, I made one of they than can become pregnant

* aquestion about prenant males, from CAS custom genders: if you have installed Get to Work, he has the moodlets of an alien pregnancy?

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    It’s not my main household but yes, I moved in a lesbian couple nextdoor into my sims apartment and they had a son together. When he grew up I played as them and he became pro athlete. I’m sure he made his moms proud
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My Sims are almost all male couples with biological kids. I love this feature (though I found the hospital manufacturing in TS3 ITF even better - hope they bring this back).
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    edited July 2018
    No, I prefer to have them adopt, or use the wishing well. I would never have much of a reason to use either of those features otherwise
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Some have biological children and some adopt. I try to balance it out among all my families.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    In my main save one of my Sims, Selena O'Dourke married her longtime girlfriend, Michaela Munch, at the Romance Festival. She's technically bisexual -- she had a fling with Father Winter that produced twin boys, Nicky and Kris. They're all living with Selena's parents, Liam and Cali, since Selena is the heir for my collection project (trying to finish as many collections as I can with this family). I'll probably go traditional though and have them adopt later following family tradition (her parents adopted a couple of boys after having her).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I actually let the Heckings have a biological kid. Well two, because it ended up being twins.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Yes. Some do adopt later on in their life but most don't and have biological kids
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    Yeah, because I'm always interested to see how genetics mix between sims. I usually do it thru cas or mccc. They adopt about as often as the straight couples in my game do.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes, I have one gay couple where one of them was abducted and impregnated. The little alien is the guy's biological kid. But otherwise all my gay couple either adopt or foster. In Sims 3 I did have one lesbian couple where one half of the couple got pregnated by their close male friend on purpose (their story was that the girls approached their friend and asked him if he wanted to give them his 🐸🐸🐸🐸).

I am aware of the feature that enables Sims to impregnate their same-gender other half but I prefer not to use it because for me its not realistic enough and yes, I realise that I am talking about a world where aliens roam and vampires break in to suck your blood. Maybe in one of my saves I will have gay couple with biological children.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    My lesbian couple in my rotational save will be thinking of having kids soon as Piper gets further in her Doctor career. I have yet to decide if they'll adopt or if one will get the ability to impregnate others, and if so, who. It's something I'm debating with and just haven't decided yet.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Yep. I have a couple of same sex families with biological kids.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I make them have a surrogate parent through CAS (though their family trees get wonky when trying to make each father or mother have a biological kid with the same surrogate (the kid themselves becomes their own half sibling).
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Sure do, when I want to use that setting it's either how sims evolved or it's needed for a story.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Not really, I would rather let them adopt. It's too unrealistic for me to let them have biological children.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    How do you even do that? Did I miss something? I like seeing genetics in my legacies so adopting has always defeated the purpose... so I've been sticking mostly to female and male Sims...
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I don't do it in any way that is unrealistic in real life. In other words, my men don't get pregnant and my women don't get other women pregnant. But, I sometimes do it by way of a "🐸🐸🐸🐸 donor" or surrogate where one of the men is the bio dad. This involves cheats, and I don't think I've actually done it yet in Sims 4. I did it once or twice in Sims 3 and it was complicated. Adoption is easier. But I like family genetics too.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes I've had gay couples with biological kids. I also have a married couple and the wife is transgender. They have a beautiful (well, I think she is) daughter. I've never adopted any kids, I love genetics too much.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    * aquestion about prenant males, from CAS custom genders: if you have installed Get to Work, he has the moodlets of an alien pregnancy?

He doesn't, he'll get the same moodlets of a non-alien pregnancy.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I do notice the popup when a male sim gives birth says "Very Special Delivery" as if he gave birth to an alien baby, but apart from that, the pregnancy buffs/moodlets are the same as a pregnant female.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I have several L/G families and I usually have them have biological children through CAS. (I pretend they did something like the science process from Into the Future from Sims 3, or that it was a supernatural magic witch thing.)

I never have my L/G couples do the full-on pregnancy thing. Breaks my disbelief a bit too much.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yep! Just like my straight couples, they have biological and/or adopted kids depending on what I imagine the couple would want.

My avatar is the toddler version of my sim Mylen Arke, who is the biological son of his fathers, Remy and Ryland. They also have two more biological children.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes, all my same gender couples will have biological children. I never adopt.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Yes, my couples all have biological kids. Haven't yet had a male sim get pregnant though, outside alien abduction. For some reason, the one time I tried, the change tot he settings either didn't stick or didn't have an effect or something. I eventually just let them adopt.
    image.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Have no LGBTQ couples in my game. I mostly have singles.