March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »
    Oh no! I am so sorry to hear!

Did you had moo activated when you tried switching the wallpaper?

I can't remember for sure, but I think so. Part of my problem is that I have to keep switching MOO on and off, otherwise, I end up placing doors and objects that are meant to be used but don't work or glitch out when sims try to use them.

I had two doors that kept doing this early in the build, too, and it frustrated me to the point of giving up on it for a day and coming back to it later - every time I'd change the wallpaper color, the doors would disappear. I eventually just did the walls first, placed the doors anew, and left it at that point, but I know they're still buggy, too.

I'm wondering if it's at least partially the glass roofs I used - I made an effort to use them in places other than just the greenhouse, but both of the areas that are for sure buggy have glass roofs.

I'm mostly sad because, appearance-wise, this was one of my favorite builds so far. ^^;
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Oh no! I am so sorry to hear!

Did you had moo activated when you tried switching the wallpaper?

I can't remember for sure, but I think so. Part of my problem is that I have to keep switching MOO on and off, otherwise, I end up placing doors and objects that are meant to be used but don't work or glitch out when sims try to use them.

I had two doors that kept doing this early in the build, too, and it frustrated me to the point of giving up on it for a day and coming back to it later - every time I'd change the wallpaper color, the doors would disappear. I eventually just did the walls first, placed the doors anew, and left it at that point, but I know they're still buggy, too.

I'm wondering if it's at least partially the glass roofs I used - I made an effort to use them in places other than just the greenhouse, but both of the areas that are for sure buggy have glass roofs.

I'm mostly sad because, appearance-wise, this was one of my favorite builds so far. ^^;

Don't give up! I would love to see your build! Maybe you can still share it with the gallery?

Strange that the doors disappear. I keep moo on during building and turn it off when I playtest. Usually then I have to do "finishing touches" (rearranging some furniture and so on...)
    Glassroofs are tricky - I struggle with mine too, cause you can not paint them just like regular walls in pieces, it is always the area you have to decorate with wallpaper and sometime windows and doors can only be inserted while moo is on.

There are still some hours left - sometimes it helps to go back to the map or you safe the build and place it on a different lot.
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    Don't give up! I would love to see your build! Maybe you can still share it with the gallery?

Strange that the doors disappear. I keep moo on during building and turn it off when I playtest. Usually then I have to do "finishing touches" (rearranging some furniture and so on...)
    Glassroofs are tricky - I struggle with mine too, cause you can not paint them just like regular walls in pieces, it is always the area you have to decorate with wallpaper and sometime windows and doors can only be inserted while moo is on.

There are still some hours left - sometimes it helps to go back to the map or you safe the build and place it on a different lot.

It's in the Gallery! https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9E79B349853311E8873CF981CF0FE371?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS98&max=50&maxis=false

I did a brief play test to make sure all the important objects (toilets, beds, doors, etc) worked, and then I uploaded it and started taking photos. It was while I was doing the photos of the greenhouse I noticed one of the wall panels was mismatched.

Normally, I'd fight with it right up until midnight, but I'm also on a deadline for my day job, and I've spent the last couple days sick. ^^; That's one of the reasons I enter so rarely - being a freelancer for a career means lots of stupid hours and deadlines. :|
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #98 - Four Seasons
    FORUM ID: ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID: ShadowFairy74
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/429271D1854C11E8855F0BD7C32EF32B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: It's a Good House
    BUILD COST: $198,469
    TOTAL COST: $ 199,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/hIOQZBM
    ENTRY DETAILS: A modern, cozy, lovely home that the Climate family share and all enjoy every season of the year.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    i.imgur.com/ut3UYRf.jpg
    i.imgur.com/HNfBR6R.jpg

Also created the Climate family-
    www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0E305C77854D11E888830BD7C32EF32B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @SimsIslandheart - Oh I am sorry about what happened to your build. Don't give up. You can do it!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    edited July 2018
    CHALLENGE #98 - Four Seasons
    FORUM ID: ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID: ShadowFairy74
    LOT: www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/429271D1854C11E8855F0BD7C32EF32B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: It's a Good House
    BUILD COST: $198,469
    TOTAL COST: $ 199,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/hIOQZBM

ENTRY DETAILS: A modern, cozy, lovely home that the Climate family share and all enjoy every season of the year.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    i.imgur.com/ut3UYRf.jpg
    i.imgur.com/HNfBR6R.jpg

Also created the Climate family-
    www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0E305C77854D11E888830BD7C32EF32B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false

Here you go!
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member

For the esteemed judges of the BnS

I would really like to enter this challenge, but due to an unforeseen game crash, I'm now set back by four hours on my build (entire shell and landscaping had to be redone). So I would ask you kindly to grant me an extension, so I can finish my build. I'm so exhausted right now, that I'm almost falling off my desk chair. It's 1 am and I have to go to work in the morning.

I hope you're able to give me an extension - I think I can finish in just a couple of more hours, but due to work, I won't be able to upload and submit my build until about 24 hours from now....

Thank you.

My humble regards,
    - Laireen
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    CHALLENGE #98: The Four Seasons
    FORUM ID: Zayven
    ORIGIN ID: Zayven
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5E0A6C8384AE11E88F08F689D1469B0B
    LOT COST: $3500
    LOT NAME: It's a Good House, Brindle Bay
    BUILD COST: $193839
    TOTAL COST: $197339

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/VOGsknO

ENTRY DETAILS: The goal of this build was to bring together the seasons, and their colors, into one coherent home, where the influences from each can be seen, and not found awkward or smooshed in. I think I did a pretty good job accomplishing it! It's a fun house, full of color and personality, the individuals all embraced rather than muted. The wants of all have been met (and possibly exceeded), and smiles and playfulness abound. Everyone comes together under these roofs and learns from each other, shares in with each other's trials and tribulations, and still manages to get some quiet time when they want it. The large entry way gives a taste of the lower floor, but still is welcoming and obviously family driven. A space for transitions and togetherness at the same time. The family room is split into two seconds, one for lounging and tv, the other for cuddles and imagination. The dining room is formal and captures autumn at its finest, and the kitchen is large, open, and inviting. The bedrooms are all tailored to their occupants - the master bedroom being one of the biggest challenges, melding together spring and autumn. The yard is landscaped, with still some room for growth as Arthur gets better at gardening. There's a patio bbq, a playground, lots of run room, and a fenced in pool to protect the toddler from accidental roaming.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: WFRvQx0.png
    y7Tj5RO.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @Laireen - you snuck your request in just in time. You may, of course, have an extra 24 hours to enter your build. This would mean that your entry would need to be completed by midnight EDT tonight.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2018
    5nd1sli.png
    That dear ones, marks the end of #BnS98. Good luck to all who entered, I know some judges who have their work cut out for them!!

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2018
    EiSMJMf.jpg

You already have an idea in your mind what the young, professional couple across from you might be looking for. One a respected doctor, the other a junior partner at a law firm, their life ahead seemed to play out in your mind like a tv serial. You imagine a modern, minimalist townhouse, or a high-end apartment; maybe even a joint office building and clinic. You have your pencil at the ready to take notes.

“So, Dr. Chen, Mr. Chen, how can I help you?”

“My husband and I, we have talked a great deal about where we want to go with our lives,” Dr. Chen says. “Being a doctor and lawyer can be rewarding, but we do not feel that where we are is the best place for us.”

“We need a change of focus,” Mr. Chen agrees. “Less stress, less… city life.”

“Oh?” Less city?

“We have decided to take our savings and buy a small farm, somewhere we can get back to nature.”

“A-a farm?” This is so not what you expected!

“Yes,” Mr. Chen nods. “Where I can grow tomatoes, and maybe help the local people with their legal matters.”

“And I can have a small clinic, and really help change people’s lives,” Dr. Chen adds. “My grandmother used to make remedies for all the people in her town back in China, and the more I live here, the more I think that is what I want to do with my life, too.”

“We feel this city is too big, too busy for us to connect to our clients and patients the way we want.”

You nod, pushing aside your assumptions and fully embracing their commitment to a new way of life.

“A farm will need a house; tell me about your needs.”

“Two bedrooms, at least,” Mr. Chen says. “One for us, and one spare room that can be made into a nursery if we need it to be.”

You smile at the thought. “Anything else?”

“A good kitchen. Health is so important to both of us.” The couple looks at each other. “Everything else is just the usual. Nothing fancy. A simple house in the country where we can raise some crops and help people.”

“Leave everything to me,” you assure them.

vPz5U5r.png
    • Design a house for the Chen’s. Lot size 30x40/40x30 max any town.
    • At least two bedrooms, and a good kitchen. Other standard areas.
    • A good sized garden.
    • Style and design should reflect a desire for a simpler life.

BUDGET: $85K total budget (includes the lot cost)

Room Challenge:
      Create a country style kitchen for the Chens, you have a budget of §15,000

Sim Challenge:
      Create Dr. and Mr. Chen and show them enjoying their new life on the farm!

3gHHX7s.png

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS99 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
      The deadline for this challenge is 25th July 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
      5ZgkRIL.png
      Dm5g7dk.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    BTW - we know that the banner has the incorrect challenge number on it, we are working to resolve the issue.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Looks like I'm not going to make it for this one. :( I started photographing my house, found a piece of wallpaper that needed to be changed to a different pattern, and changing one panel of wallpaper somehow dumped a dozen different objects into my inventory. Obviously, the house is buggy.

I think it's time for me to go back down to Beginner, because clearly I don't have a handle on MOO yet. :(

Oh no @SimsIslandheart - please don't feel like you have to head back to the Starting Out category, MOO can be tricky at the best of times!! We are sorry to hear that you have experienced problems in showcasing your home and would still love to see what you came up with.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,302 Member
    @abelhinha35, I love those Windows in the center!

Thanks hun <3 Really loving all the builds I have seen sofar. <3
    Oh no @SimsIslandheart - please don't feel like you have to head back to the Starting Out category, MOO can be tricky at the best of times!! We are sorry to hear that you have experienced problems in showcasing your home and would still love to see what you came up with.

Thanks! I did upload it to the Gallery before I started trying to photograph it; once I get some more free time, I might try to fix the build issues and blog about it anyway, just because I really like how it came out, otherwise. ^^;

The challenge for Dr. and Mr. Chen has already given me some sweet ideas, so I'm looking forward to jumping into that once my work deadlines are done. <3
  • asap24asap24 Posts: 48 Member
    I love the story for BnS#99! Im about to start the lot, room, and sims challenge for this one! I love that you give stories, it really provides for a great mental picture.
    If only we had rocking chairs....my image would truly come together.
    @Laireen - you snuck your request in just in time. You may, of course, have an extra 24 hours to enter your build. This would mean that your entry would need to be completed by midnight EDT tonight.

Thank you! Build is on the gallery now. Pics and entry form on its way!
    edited July 2018
    CHALLENGE #98: The Four Seasons
    FORUM ID: Laireen35
    ORIGIN ID: Lyrens35
    TWITTER TAG: Laireen35
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Link to the Gallery
    LOT COST: 10,000 §
    LOT NAME: Oasis Springs – Affluista Mansion Lot
    BUILD COST: 189,912 §
    TOTAL COST: 199,912 §
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link to pics on google photos

ENTRY DETAILS:

The Four Seasons >> SEASONS IN THE SUN <<
    The Climates needs a new home, reflecting their love for the four seasons. Spring: Arthur wants a greenhouse and a garden. Janine loves fall and wants all the lovely colors of the season to be incorporated in the furnishing and décor of her kitchen and dining area. The household teen, Summer, is all about splashing in the pool and having friends over for barbecue during the heatwaves of July, and little toddler Nick loves winter – with snow, cocoa in front of the fire, holiday and presents.

Thoughts behind:
    I made a typical desert home suitable for summer and heatwaves – this means pool area, well groomed garden and lawn (lots of sprinklers to keep the grass green), multiple seating spaces on the outside patios, a barbecue and lots of outdoor activities for the entire family.

However, this home is equally suited for the other seasons too. There’s a vegetable garden patch for spring and early summer and a greenhouse for those delicate plants that can’t survive in winter. In fall and winter, don’t worry about being cold – the cozy den is the perfect place for some family cocoa time in front of the fireplace.

I’ve included a mudroom/laundry room for when Arthur has been fiddling in the garden and gets all muddy and dirty. Janine will definitely not be happy if he leaves a mud trail all over her floors.

Of course, the house also includes all the usual rooms – lounge room, hallway, bedrooms, bathrooms. The bedrooms are furnished in color schemes according to the persons’ favorite season, and the décor fits too. Blue and white, and lots of snowmen for Nick. Yellow and green, and sunflowers for Summer. For Janine and Arthur, I chose a mix of green, dusty blue, and light and dark browns, with lots of floral and leaf patterns to show their love for nature.

Oh … and note the award display in the bar area ;)

No pics - bc I can get it to work :(

Post edited by Laireen35 on
    We got your entry @Laireen35!! Great job getting it in on time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    We got your entry @Laireen35!! Great job getting it in on time.

Great! Thank you for giving me some more time. I was building and taking screenshots for 16 hours straight yesterday to get it finished. Went to bed at 4 am ... Luckily I have the day off today :)
  • jacallonjacallon Posts: 38 Member
    Looks like I'm not going to make it for this one. :( I started photographing my house, found a piece of wallpaper that needed to be changed to a different pattern, and changing one panel of wallpaper somehow dumped a dozen different objects into my inventory. Obviously, the house is buggy.

I think it's time for me to go back down to Beginner, because clearly I don't have a handle on MOO yet. :(

I came across the same problem the other day too. Tried to change the colour on one wall and some of my objects disappeared. The wallpaper highlighted the objects as I placed it and then removed them. Weird. I wonder if it's a new glitch.
    jacallon wrote: »

I came across the same problem the other day too. Tried to change the colour on one wall and some of my objects disappeared. The wallpaper highlighted the objects as I placed it and then removed them. Weird. I wonder if it's a new glitch.

Hmm...I don't know for sure if the objects in mine were highlighted or not (they were scattered all over the house, including a hamper in a laundry room on the complete opposite side of the house. O.o I hope it's not a new glitch...I change my mind about wallpaper patterns and colors all the time. ^^;
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Hello
    I don’t usually post on this thread but was looking to find a link to one of the entries in the last challenge. I saw the issues that you have been having @SimsIslandheart and @jacallon
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread that refers to the issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-Moving-Deleting-Walls-and-Wall-Patterns-Removes/m-p/6431454#M51930
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I don’t usually post on this thread but was looking to find a link to one of the entries in the last challenge. I saw the issues that you have been having @SimsIslandheart and @jacallon
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread that refers to the issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-Moving-Deleting-Walls-and-Wall-Patterns-Removes/m-p/6431454#M51930

Thanks so much, @rosemow ! I had no idea this was a known problem with MOO. (Showing my ignorance again. :p ) I will definitely leave feedback on that post.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello

Thanks for popping in @rosemow and letting us know this is a known issue.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top