March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @liel88 YAY! That's awesome, I'm so glad :blush:
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    CHALLENGE #98 The Four Seasons
    FORUM ID: sawdust
    ORIGIN ID: sawdust123
    LEVEL: Starting Out (because this is my first entry but would be comfortable in Expert)
    LOT: Four Seasons Cottage
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent, Newcrest (30x30)
    BUILD COST: $115,556
    TOTAL COST: $118,056 (but shows $118,225 in Lot Info Panel. No idea why.)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: A Cottage built in an Old English style furnished with a hint of retro and a little eclectic. Both house and gardens are built with the seasons in mind according to the brief.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    kcPAe3P.png
    YA4NbwD.png

~ G'day @sawdust I had already downloaded this, then checking in here,to see if I had posted mine correctly (seeing as I messed up with my first try,this is my second try in BuildnShare) to find your entry, I love it! <3
    ~ You know me most of your builds are in my game, was showing my Son your Crimson Peak, I am putting my Vampire self in there (anouther challenge for a Vampire Simself,so Karima gets to live in your amazing re-creation,all CC Free!) I love it! <3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited July 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Pallystyle
    ORIGIN ID:Pallystyle
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Our Season in the Sun
    LOT COST: 3000
    LOT NAME: Tail's End
    BUILD COST:169,945
    TOTAL COST: 172,945 (when I placed in game it said 173,472 but since still under budget, I didn't worry. Maybe my plants bloomed? no idea)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/GcffgYP
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome to your new home Climate Family! I have built you a Scandinavian styled home based on the homes found in Aurora Skies(sims 3 world). It has been decorated inside in a traditional style with a mix of influences throughout. Outside there is a greenhouse for dad to enjoy a bit of spring year round. It has plenty of flowers and veggies and herbs. Near by is a bee hive and a garden box to plant some outdoor plants of choice. The whole of the out door has been done in a summertime vibe for your teen aged daughter, Summer. There is lots to do outside in the good weather! Slip and slide fun, pool, outdoor movie showings in the weatherized TV shed, grilling, and a kiddie pool in the shade. The main hall is done in a springy autumn type decor to fit the parents as well as the upstairs hall/family nook. The downstairs bathroom also has a laundry area. The living room is done in cool winter tones. I did not add too many holiday items as I felt it should reflect more of the actual season, this was done in the kitchen as well, but with an autumn coziness. There is an open area to place a tree and room for dancing for those times when you want to celebrate. I placed the fireplace in a cozy corner for some cuddle time fun. The kitchen/dining room is my favorite of the build and has some rich autumn influence. I tried not to clutter up the counters to much so there would be room to do lots of cooking. The family nook upstairs has some items to help them get creative, especially as Nicolas grows into a child. Summer's bedroom has been done in a warm beach type decor and she has her own bath in matching tones. Nicolas' bedroom has been done in a winter lumberjack theme and he has his own bathroom as well. Just replace the bed and potty when he ages up. The master bedroom and bath have been done in mainly spring tones with some autumn influences here and there. I hope you will be happy in your new home, no matter the season!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used.
    TWITTER TAG: Pallystyle
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mazey Garten
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2VCrvHw.png
    PGS5aUu.png
    Post edited by Pallystyle on
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    FORUM ID: sawdust
    ORIGIN ID: sawdust123
    LEVEL: Starting Out (because this is my first entry but would be comfortable in Expert)
    LOT: Four Seasons Cottage
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent, Newcrest (30x30)
    BUILD COST: $115,556
    TOTAL COST: $118,056 (but shows $118,225 in Lot Info Panel. No idea why.)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: A Cottage built in an Old English style furnished with a hint of retro and a little eclectic. Both house and gardens are built with the seasons in mind according to the brief.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    kcPAe3P.png
    YA4NbwD.png

~ G'day @sawdust I had already downloaded this, then checking in here,to see if I had posted mine correctly (seeing as I messed up with my first try,this is my second try in BuildnShare) to find your entry, I love it! <3
    ~ You know me most of your builds are in my game, was showing my Son your Crimson Peak, I am putting my Vampire self in there (anouther challenge for a Vampire Simself,so Karima gets to live in your amazing re-creation,all CC Free!) I love it! <3

@aussiekarima - hi, I just tried to look at your imgur pics of your build and all I get is a page with 7 pics on it. Maybe you can have a look at it. Thanks :)
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member

Hey @aussiekarima, thanks for the kind words, glad you like it. :) I had planned on re-doing my English Art and Craft build as Seasons introduced Flowering Arranging (yay, something I have wanted from the start) then saw this comp and decided to start a build from scratch as it required what I planned on building anyway. I most probably should put some links in my showcase thread. :D
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member

Hey @aussiekarima, thanks for the kind words, glad you like it. :) I had planned on re-doing my English Art and Craft build as Seasons introduced Flowering Arranging (yay, something I have wanted from the start) then saw this comp and decided to start a build from scratch as it required what I planned on building anyway. I most probably should put some links in my showcase thread. :D

~ Good idea! I would as it is a lovely build,but then I am partial & love all your builds! <3B)<3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

I didn't realise we had to state the use of MOO in our submission but I do have it tagged with MOO on the Gallery. Do I need to edit my submission to include this?
    I didn't realise we had to state the use of MOO in our submission but I do have it tagged with MOO on the Gallery. Do I need to edit my submission to include this?

@Sawdust - if it's tagged in the gallery, that should be fine. It is a sweet house.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

@Sawdust - if it's tagged in the gallery, that should be fine. It is a sweet house.

You are fine as long as it's tagged in the gallery @sawdust!! And btw - welcome to Build'n'Share - we're happy you joined us!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jacallonjacallon Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2018
    FORUM ID:jacallon
    ORIGIN ID:jacallon
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3E10E93A837711E88EEDF689D1469B0B?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=jacallon&max=50&maxis=false
    (Uses MOO cheat)
    LOT COST:8,500
    LOT NAME: Yuma Heights
    BUILD COST:190,101
    TOTAL COST: 198,601
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/1sfALIv
    ENTRY DETAILS: My house was built with a young, rich, modern family in mind. The Climates are celebrities and as such they have a taste for expensive things. My house for them is a modern, minimalist style as I think many of the rich and famous like to live this way. I built it at the top of the hill in Oasis Springs (similar to California - home of the rich and famous) where they have a view of the entire town below them. Not many people venture up here so it awards them some privacy as does the fence around the entire back yard. They don't want the paparazzi snooping and taking photos of the children.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/jacqui.callonbruton

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [img][/img]LXNQL7L.png
    [img][/img]SWyfGqM.png

• liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    I couldn't resist, i made the Climates to test play the house. Just for fun :)
    nQLryUG.jpg
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1B132F7C82BE11E8884E66A98CE3FD7B
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member

FORUM ID: 4Sanne
    ORIGIN ID: 4Sanne

LOT: Link to 'The Four Seasons' on the Gallary

LOT COST: § 3.000
    LOT NAME: The Summer House, Windenburg
    BUILD COST: § 196.986
    TOTAL COST: § 199.986

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow 'The Four Seasons'

ENTRY DETAILS:
    I'm really not feeling well at the moment, so unfortunately I'm not able to write a story this time... I've tried to add some descriptions in the slideshow, but I apologize for how minimal they are. I really wanted to enter this time, since I've already missed a few of the former challenges, so this was the concession I had to make. I hope the pictures will be enough to get a good feel of the house!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, but I've used MOO and Hiddenobjects

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    7BLKzln.jpg
    yLcf2dC.jpg
  • 1HappyMonkey1HappyMonkey Posts: 22 Member

FORUM ID: 1HappyMonkey
    ORIGIN ID: Arynne12
    LEVEL: Starting Out

LOT:
    h ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/10B4C79C848911E8863466A98CE3FD7B

LOT NAME: Brook Bungalow
    BUILD COST: 185,306
    TOTAL COST: 188,306

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/1Zz2RBc

ENTRY DETAILS: This home is inspired by the Tucker Bayou home plans from Southern Living. The plan includes 3 or 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. This farmhouse styled home features a large wrap around front porch, screened back porch and a breezeway connecting the garage (or in my build the greenhouse). Other outdoor space includes a large patio and pool and a generous backyard. The interior of the home showcases an open plan living room, dining room and kitchen. Additionally the main floor includes a laundry/mudroom, a study and a master suite and adjacent nursery. The upstairs contains two additional bedrooms, a rec room and an open landing media area.

Sims lot info: No CC, fully furnished and Includes pool, greenhouse and planters, several music instruments, easel, camera, chess table, computers, woodworking bench, grills, laundry and hampers, treadmill and rec items.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: 12HappyMonkeys
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: NA
    TUMBLR LINK: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Not able to post pictures
  • 1HappyMonkey1HappyMonkey Posts: 22 Member
    My first post here and my first build challenge. It was quite fun and I looking forward to seeing everyone's entries.
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    edited July 2018

FORUM ID: RachelShennan
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan
    LOT: https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8FCF60DD7B1611E883BE0BD7C32EF32B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=RachelShennan&max=50&maxis=false
    Uses MOO cheat.
    LOT COST: 12,000
    LOT NAME: Hound's Head
    BUILD COST: 187,743
    TOTAL COST: 199,743
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tinyurl.com/ybxd4hcq
    ENTRY DETAILS: A 3 bedroom family home inspired by the 4 seasons. I wanted a house that surrounded a garden from all directions to give a cosy feel no matter the weather.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/RachelAShennan
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 36892536_10157637523068761_2576974081177944064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c5cb117efb275044f1ca1c2658d14606&oe=5BA259EC
    There are so many builds for this challenge! Great job everyone!
    Thanks for the heads up on the MOO issue @SoulGal7 and @BuildnShare. Also thanks for the welcome. I don't envy the judges job on this comp. So many great entries. :D
    edited July 2018
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LEVEL: Expert
    (This is my first entry at the Expert level and I do hope I do the level justice. Thank you for taking the time to view my build.)
    HOUSEHOLD: Seasons Autumn Dining
    8 x 10 room; $20K simoleons

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/2EYIi36

ENTRY DETAILS: SEASONS AUTUMN DINING
    I decided to build Janine Climate a kitchen-dining room in warm autumn colors. This was built without the Seasons pack, as I don't own it as yet. Reds, oranges and yellows make this a warm, homey room for Janine to cook for her family and guests alike.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always appreciated - thanks.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used. No cc. MOO, some debug items and enlarged objects.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    kitchen_counter_view.png
    beautiful_view_for_dining.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @BuildnShare I realized I had not included an overhead photo of my room entry in my slideshow so I added it as the second pic on my entry form.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited July 2018

FORUM ID: Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LOT NAME: Four Seasons Lodge
    LOT NAME: The lighthouse - Windenburg
    BUILD COST:196 911
    TOTAL COST: 199 911
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157671087509118
    GALLERY:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/68CB107E85FD11E887D6F981CF0FE371?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY DETAILS: This home is for all seasons. It has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Two lounges and a lovely kitchen. The study is cozy and there is something for everyone to do. This home is embraced by large windows and the scenic view will take your breath away.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC only MOO and play tested
    TWITTER TAG: Issabella14
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: NA
    TUMBLR LINK: NA

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

jFD4Aor.png

8ZQVa9C.jpg

PS: @BuildnShare I will only be able to upload the slideshow tonight. :)
    Edit, so I finally got my slide show done. I am still without internet at home so I hope by tonight I can load my build up on the gallery. :)
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to Build'n'Share @1HappyMonkey!! We hope you feel right at home here!!

Wow - so many amazing entries coming in!! Don't forget this challenge closes tonight.
    5ZgkRIL.png
    Dm5g7dk.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited July 2018

FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LOT: Seasonal Modern - https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9A792F2A850711E88100CC385454BB23
    LOT COST: §3,000
    LOT NAME: Rippling Flats in Newcrest
    BUILD COST: §170,857
    TOTAL COST: §173,857
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/QGROQ20
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome Home!! Seasonal Modern is an MCM style build created for #BnS98. With 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, including a toddler room, this spacious family home was created with parenthood and seasons only.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None (but have used #IGUE, #MOO, #SHO)
    TWITTER TAG: FaithKaela
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/faithofkaela
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ZB4oGvf.png

jgNfNqu.png
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    @abelhinha35, I love those Windows in the center!
    image.png
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Looks like I'm not going to make it for this one. :( I started photographing my house, found a piece of wallpaper that needed to be changed to a different pattern, and changing one panel of wallpaper somehow dumped a dozen different objects into my inventory. Obviously, the house is buggy.

I think it's time for me to go back down to Beginner, because clearly I don't have a handle on MOO yet. :(
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Looks like I'm not going to make it for this one. :( I started photographing my house, found a piece of wallpaper that needed to be changed to a different pattern, and changing one panel of wallpaper somehow dumped a dozen different objects into my inventory. Obviously, the house is buggy.

I think it's time for me to go back down to Beginner, because clearly I don't have a handle on MOO yet. :(

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear!

Did you had moo activated when you tried switching the wallpaper?
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top