Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Valmion wrote: »
    When you have the Lottery event, watch who pops up as the winner, check that household and they have 1 million simoleons. In my save Palo Rocca won and he is set for his sim life now :)

This is good news! In my game, apart from some of the premades, everyone begins on a cheap lot and works their way up. Since my game is new, all the expensive lots are vacant but the lottery win means certain sims can now leapfrog straight to a mansion.
  • Options
    SumGumptionSumGumption Posts: 16 Member
    > @Simpatsyann said:
    > SumGumption wrote: »
    >
    >
    > A vampire broke in so I chose to freeze ray him but failed. He stuck around waiting to be froze anyhow. So I hit him and then decided to break him free. Then I kept him around till the sun came up and he was stuck at my house for the whole day. My sim felt sick for one day only and then all was well without ever changing. I'm not sure how this kept him from changing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Do you mean why didn't your sim turn into a vampire? It doesn't happen if they've only been fed on. Only a vampire with the "create vampire" power can turn a sim and they either have to ask and be given permission, or be asked (without mods, of course).

It was Count Vlad so I am assuming that he has the trait. But I guess not then?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited July 2018
    even if vlad has the trait, he can't make another sim into a vampire unless the sim specifically asks him to (or unless you play him and make him do it). they did that on purpose, so people would only have the sims they want turned into vampires become vampires. no huge outbreaks
  • Options
    asap24asap24 Posts: 48 Member
    ive never had a vampire break in, do they only break in on the vampires map?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sims can receive 'career' objects as gifts even if they are not in that particular career.

My Sim just received a 'duffel of cash' from the present pile. It's a reward from the Level 3 Criminal Career. Neither of my Sims have been Criminals lol :lol:

Ooooh tha's interesting. Had a sim that was a friend of my sim send her a gift in the mail, BUT It was that jazz poster thing in base game. Funny thing is, that the sim is in the music career and also plays guitar but mines is not. XD
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    I've discovered as a detective that the seasons affect it just like in RL. If you have to patrol outside they have to go inside soon if its snowing because they get to cold, if its hot they will get over heated, if its raining they'll get soaked and it will affect their mood to be in damp clothing. This makes it difficult if your supposed to be patrolling an outside area or if your suspect is outside. I haven't quite played all the way through the differing levels yet as I only started this save to check what affect it has on that particular career so I'll keep it updated as I find things lol. I'm thinking its going to affect finding clues in the snow or rain but haven't ran into that particular problem yet so not sure.
    My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me
  • Options
    itsaluminumitsaluminum Posts: 36 Member
    After a full 4 seasons, I changed my calendar from 7 day seasons to 28 day seasons, and my sims birthdays popped up on the calendar.
  • Options
    ScorpionerdScorpionerd Posts: 36 Member
    Are there any seasons specific venues?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Figured I take a look at the Kinara (corrected) in game, since I figured I probably wasn't going to have any Sims ever use it and figured it was probably functioned like a candle just turning it on and off like any light, but surprise! When you manually do it it will light each individual candle one by one each time you click light. I thought that was some nice detail, but sims can interact with it and light it themselves.
    KDxj0nA.png

gfvx1Cl.png

Counts towards festive lighting as well as they do get a buff for it.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Figured I take a look at the menorah in game, since I figured I probably wasn't going to have any Sims ever use it and figured it was probably functioned like a candle just turning it on and off like any light, but surprise! When you manually do it it will light each individual candle one by one each time you click light. I thought that was some nice detail, but sims can interact with it and light it themselves.
    KDxj0nA.png

gfvx1Cl.png

Counts towards festive lighting as well as they do get a buff for it.

If you want to get technical, that's a Kinara for Kwanzaa, but I have my Jewish families use it for Friday night candles. I found it works perfectly.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2018
    While on the topic of Menorahs, I made a retro neighborhood for the old TS2 Sims and decided to make the Pleasant family (Jeff, Diane, and Jennifer - not Daniel and Mary Sue) celebrate some Jewish holidays on the calendar (Friday night dinner with Temple, changed Winterfest to Hanukkah, something in spring called Dayenu with a feast dinner and story-telling). Daniel had already moved out of the house by the time I changed the holiday calendar.

When I went to Daniel Pleasant's and Mary Sue Oldie's (it is hard to get those two to hook up!) holiday calendar, it was already filled with the same holidays. I'm okay with that for Daniel Pleasant, but I'm worried that the changes will be in all the households. The Goth family definitely strikes me as Team Winterfest. So do the Caliente family and Don Lothario.

Did I do something wrong, or, when you add holidays, is it supposed to add them for the entire neighborhood?
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I believe holidays are world wide once you add them to the calendar.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    You could change the name when you play the Calientes and the Goths.
  • Options
    SumGumptionSumGumption Posts: 16 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    even if vlad has the trait, he can't make another sim into a vampire unless the sim specifically asks him to (or unless you play him and make him do it). they did that on purpose, so people would only have the sims they want turned into vampires become vampires. no huge outbreaks

That's good to know. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

If you want to get technical, that's a Kinara for Kwanzaa, but I have my Jewish families use it for Friday night candles. I found it works perfectly.

Oops, my bad. :3 Thanks for correcting me thought I had selected the right one had took a picture just thought it was a nifty feature.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Angry gnomes will shock children, after they try to plead for forgiveness even.
    29369596058_acb0913a05_b.jpg

Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    no one goes to the skating rinks I wish they did. it gonna be like bowling an escape for the world. its lonely for a single sim.

That's happening because of a bug.
  • Options
    ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    I knew children could do holiday and season decorations with their drawing table (which is super awesome), but up until now in my game they've made only wall decorations. Today one of my sims made hand drawn winterfest cards that can be put on the table. So cute :heart:
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I've noticed that adjusting decorations for your house doesn't change them on the neighborhood houses. Is that suppose to be like that? If so, it's a bit of a shame. I've created a summer holiday and I wanted to give it bright yellow decorations. It doesn't look that good when neighbors are using some pre-sets (which are rather limited).
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I've noticed that adjusting decorations for your house doesn't change them on the neighborhood houses. Is that suppose to be like that? If so, it's a bit of a shame. I've created a summer holiday and I wanted to give it bright yellow decorations. It doesn't look that good when neighbors are using some pre-sets (which are rather limited).

Houses in a neighborhood don't usually have matching decorations. People usually follow a general theme and that's it. Unless you live in Stepford.
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

Houses in a neighborhood don't usually have matching decorations. People usually follow a general theme and that's it. Unless you live in Stepford.

I guess that's true, now when I think about it. But at the same time, I'd like to have a bit more control over that. It'd be nice to maybe have some more additional pre-sets, like focused on certain colors, and not only for the themes of premade holidays.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Angry gnomes will shock children, after they try to plead for forgiveness even.
    29369596058_acb0913a05_b.jpg

Further proof that they are evil.

:lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @ParmaViolet87 no kidding, but it's almost normal for the Goth house I think :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My cat picked up a new illness, Winterfest Fever.
  • Options
    rudolpha wrote: »
    My cat picked up a new illness, Winterfest Fever.

It came with C&D, though, so way before Seasons :)