Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Experienced the effect of different weather in each world today -- it's summer in Newcrest and they were getting light rain, but when my Sims went to San Myshuno for Geekcon they were having a heat wave! With the worlds being interconnected I really like that feature.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2018
    michelei wrote: »
    @starrling33 I think that tree is badly glitched. When I tried to use it my sims would go through the motions but no decorations or presents appeared. So I had to swap it out with the pre-decorated tree. I sadly have no advice to give. I hope someone else has a few ideas for you.

huandlu »
    @starrling33 I think that tree is badly glitched. When I tried to use it my sims would go through the motions but no decorations or presents appeared. So I had to swap it out with the pre-decorated tree. I sadly have no advice to give. I hope someone else has a few ideas for you.

Just a thought...same thing happened to me too. I discovered in the end that I’d had the move objects cheat turned on when I placed the tree. So I deleted that tree, turned move objects off and placed a new tree and no more issues :)

Thank you, both of you. I tried all and still stuck. Sadly, I guess I'll just have to move my Sim out and delete this property because it's bugged. Not a happy camper, though... I really liked this. And it just further proves I hate organized holidays. LOL. But I really do appreciate your input. Thank you.

Edit to add: I simply built a "room" around the offending gifts and beat them outta the world (aka, used the hammer). Oh, it felt good. And now, they're gone and I can proceed. But I'm now gun-shy about the winter holiday (which... sort of mirrors my real life LOL). Thanks!!
    Post edited by starrling33 on
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Ghosts fly around the neighborhoods on Halloween (even ones they didn't die in) and can even be invited to your Halloween parties.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Your Sims can sabotage grand meals?

dwuwcg.png

This is delightfully evil. :naughty:

Stomach meds eh. I wonder if this makes the sims immitate a certain infamous scene in the movie Dumb And Dumber?
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited July 2018
    VanPelt81 wrote: »

Stomach meds eh. I wonder if this makes the sims immitate a certain infamous scene in the movie Dumb And Dumber?

Or even the Spicy Peppers :lol::naughty:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Lol! I love this about TS4, the amount of detail is impeccable.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    VanPelt81 wrote: »

Or even the Spicy Peppers :lol::naughty:

That picture is awesome @ParmaViolet87 It would be a funny thing for story telling if a teen was mad at their parents. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I noticed once you appease the gnomes and you let them linger around (ii tend to delete them) they'll eventually fix some of the items they broke after enraging them. Some not all they never fixed my toilet the JERKS.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    29327438708_7fd40f6503_b.jpg
    43149158562_aa865946a6_b.jpg
    These moodlets, also Arthur came home with low fun, he had actual fun playing with his toddler in the pool....so parents should be having fun with this too, that's too cute :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited July 2018
    erratic sims love playing in the rain and will go do it on their own. they also get a bonus happy moodlet from getting struck by lightning.

and vampires seem to not only be temperature immune, but potentially water immune too (she spent 16 hours playing in the rain, never once got the uncomfortable moodlet from getting soaked. though it could be her erratic trait, seems more likely to be vampire. gotta check when on another vampire household). she also never got tense from the thunder or tried to run indoors in fear

the two buffs my vampire got from being struck by lightning:

7f07d7abb63162cbadc1e370d24db66c.png
    4e533548b2eb8855b2bdc488e880d822.png
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    It's only my second time going through winter but it's nice to know that sometimes the snow can actually melt all away.

It snowed one night and stuck to the ground. Then the next day the snow had melted all away. And the next day it started to snow once more and sticking again.

I really like this touch and hope the weather continue to be random like this.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    NightingaleNexisNightingaleNexis Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > DJ equipment breaks in the rain.
    >
    > The thunder and lightning is terrifying. Seriously that thunder crack made me jump! I kinda liked it.

I jumped and screeched when I had my headset on loud during a storm and my husband thought it was absolutely hilarious! It sounded so real!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Sims can receive 'career' objects as gifts even if they are not in that particular career.

My Sim just received a 'duffel of cash' from the present pile. It's a reward from the Level 3 Criminal Career. Neither of my Sims have been Criminals lol :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've gotten some weird gifts from those piles, but no career stuff yet. a few stoves, a robot vacuum docking station, various collectibles, lumps of coal and more. kind of all over the place (and one evil sim got a dog poop when he snuck a present. made me laugh)

someone also reported getting a simray. i'd love that! have a retail store that sells them and the other scientist stuff just for the sims i want to own them
  • Options
    CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    ShySimz wrote: »
    You can whoohoo with father winter and have his kid and his child has a special trait(you cant marry him because if you do the child will not have his trait)

I need to know this special trait!!!!!!!

(I am going to make my sim have children with all the holiday mascots)

Also, I didn’t know that toddlers could build snowmen with family members.
    Forgot the name of the trait but simmers discusses it over here :
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942371/father-winters-baby#latest
    Though it’s trait only happens if you don’t marry father winter because if you do marry him, someone else will take the mantle and they’re become a regular sim
    Good luck on your journey with the babies :D:D

Thank you, just got back from vacation so I only received this now! You are a life saver!
  • Options
    I feel like I read it here already but simply forgot but teens in scouts can also donate gifts to charity from their inventory, I bought of one teens a little doctor playset to donate. I would think kids could do that but don't know yet.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2018
    I feel like I read it here already but simply forgot but teens in scouts can also donate gifts to charity from their inventory, I bought of one teens a little doctor playset to donate. I would think kids could do that but don't know yet.

Yes kids can do that too! Such a nice feature.
    Your Sims can sabotage grand meals?

This is delightfully evil. :naughty:

I wonder if sims that have the spicy loving trait from city living are immune to spicy food prank.

• Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Experienced winterfest for the first time, and I have to say it was really well done. I had my sims take a vacation in Granite Falls and it was beautiful up there, especially considering my sims are currently living in Oasis Springs, the contrast in weather was wonderful. There are a lot of interactions to do with snow and the holiday, so I'd say my sims and I had a great time. Receiving presents from Father Winter was disappointing, but funny, as both my sims apparently were on the naughty list!
  • Options
    ah cool I haven't hopped back in game yet so now I know, it is really nice :smiley:
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    kuhn2419kuhn2419 Posts: 5 New Member
    Are there new careers/jobs
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    kuhn2419 wrote: »
    Are there new careers/jobs

Yes, Florist/Botanist.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I love how darker is the game in fall!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

A vampire broke in so I chose to freeze ray him but failed. He stuck around waiting to be froze anyhow. So I hit him and then decided to break him free. Then I kept him around till the sun came up and he was stuck at my house for the whole day. My sim felt sick for one day only and then all was well without ever changing. I'm not sure how this kept him from changing.

Do you mean why didn't your sim turn into a vampire? It doesn't happen if they've only been fed on. Only a vampire with the "create vampire" power can turn a sim and they either have to ask and be given permission, or be asked (without mods, of course).