Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want story progression?

It's a topic people talk about a lot so a poll would be a good way to see the general thoughts about it.

Do you want story progression? 210 votes

Yes
49%
JeanEdoubleGoodieslaurastalVkittyPlayerSinger2010FKM100AlrynnvessmeWillowG145MikeytGoldenBuffyCynnaMariefoxprice83SerraNolwenMagdaleenarosehrtgirlsims_premadeg01denswanfruitsbasket101mommy19959699 103 votes
No
12%
alan650111SikoahGracedanacnbrettkthompWritin_Regsimgirl1010Bagoas77GoeguAnthonydyersikasika18ChampandGirlieTerrafullspiralbizuktagEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlNeiaLiELFEliharbJouvay 27 votes
Only if we can toggle it off
38%
CK213icmnfrshJoecat380aprilroseAprilDawnSimburianelanorbretonluthienrisingRoboSpongiePegasysDaemonPawsiliekponiezInfraGreenlittlemissgogoCharliimaiAlbaWaterhouseTrimothdopaminedroidTrashmagicannaliese39 80 votes

Comments

• Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I play legacies, and I wish my sims could actually meet coworkers above their rank in the job, children who live in the neighbourhood, and people who are already in a couple and therefore are not available. I voted yes, but ideally I would want it to not affect played households, or maybe add an option like the favourites so that some households don't change, whether played or not, once you have selected them.
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    Yes
    It would be nice, but I want to be able to set certain aspects of it to toggles. Being able to control the certain aspects of story progression would be nice, kind of how I do it with mods now.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I do want it without having to use mods. I would like the Sims team to implement it into the game as an option for those who want it and for those who don't.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    In most of my saves I play with aging off. I prefer to do the Story Progression on my own, have control of what's happening outside my households. I use MCCC Story Progression just in one save.
    In other words: I don't really care about SP at all, I chose the option for toggle mostly because I know it's quite popular wish in the community.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think a Story Progression tab could be put in settings. Something like:
    Townies build romantic relationships, get engaged and married. On/Off/Only Non-played Households
    Townies will have children without player intervention. On/Off/Only Non-played Households
    (Other options could be for affairs, and if a child is orphaned, if they have family members, they could adopt them.)
    That way each player can customize how their story progression works.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes
    Yes, for me it would be a dream come true, a town really evolving around my family.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I'd love a feature like that in game, but I'm afraid in developers' eyes it doesn't make sense in a "closed" world. I feel like it has no place in a game like TS4, with the current direction they're going.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No
    There's already story progression in the game to some extent. But assuming you're talking about marriage and pregnancy related story progression, it's not a feature I care for. It doesn't suit my playstyle at all.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes
    It adds to my gameplay. I want the worlds to feel alive and the households I don't play to have lives of their own.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Yes
    More than anything else in this game. Yes. Please.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    No
    No, not one bit of it. I needed NRaas to fix it in the sims 3. And I really hated that when you toggled it off it was never completely off. Like your sims would still adopt pets and stuff. Just...no...Also, I know I am in the minority but I don't want my townies getting married and having babies unless I instruct them to. Moving Sims into vacant homes and townies aging in sims 4 is even too much progression for me. Again, I know I am in the minority. I just remember what royal pain Sims 3 Story Progression was without my game being modded. Story progression was honestly why I had so many saves in the sims 3. It ruined rotational play for me because the game "thought" it knew what I wanted to do with my sims.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    I really want it!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I like to be in control of my whole save. I'd like to see other Simmers who don't like to use mods gets more story progression than we have, but I don't want it for myself. And I expect lots of Simmers would continue to tweak it with MCCC anyway.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Yes
    I am presuming we are talking about proper story progression here by the way, not Sims 3’s crippled version (which was patched out at one point because it didn’t work the way it should).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes, this is something that I have always wanted, but as a compromise for those who don't want it, there should definitely be an option to toggle it on or off in the options menu.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like how mcc handles it.

There are some saves I wouldn’t mind it on but other saves I wouldn’t want it.
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Yes
    Not to keep bringing sims 3 up but they had some great ideas in that game. I liked kicking out a child just to see what would happen to them without any influence from me, it was a neat feature. Although, I might have gotten a bit click happy when I saw 'yes' lol, I should have clicked the last option with a tick button. Too late.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    No
    I have no use for this, but at least let us toggle it on/off.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Yes
    Yeah Yes Yep..In every 'Yes' words i can say. I have been using MCC for this tho and it's been a game life saver, but it'll be awesome if it was officially added to the game.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    I wouldn't use it. I really wouldn't mind if we could toggle it off and it would stay off but I want to know it would work appropriately if it were ever made possible for the game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    the amount of people voting for plain yes kinda scares me lol.
    assuming it's mccc style, i only want it for certain saves. no way do i want all of my sims getting divorced and having random children and moving wherever they please.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    assuming it's mccc style, i only want it for certain saves. no way do i want all of my sims getting divorced and having random children and moving wherever they please.

Same haha. No wonder the devs aren't for options if the players themselves don't even care about them.

As much as I love the idea of properly functioning, improved story progression, I would absolutely hate it to get implemented without any way to turn it off. I see way more people who play rotationally than I see players like me who stick to one household through generations and I can only imagine the outrage this change would cause within community.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Yes
    I miss the way Sims 2 worked. While you could be friends with other households, each household was it's own saved game and not everything lumped together.

While I voted yes because I'm not happy with that part of the way Sims 4 works, I do think it should be able to managed by each player so that if you wanted to play normally in one household you could and turn aging off in another, etc.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    I actually considered voting the toggle but chose ‘yes’ because for me it’s yes, and not ‘only if there’s a toggle’. That doesn’t mean I’d mind a toggle, in general a toggle would be best. It just means for me personally it wouldn’t be necessary because I’d never disable the feature. I’m not a rotational player not care to be one. That’s how I interpreted it, from my own personal perspective. My yes most certainly doesn’t mean “and I don’t care about those who don’t want it”. Of course a toggle if possible. If a toggle wouldn’t be possible? Then definitely SP for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I actually considered voting the toggle but chose ‘yes’ because for me it’s yes, and not ‘only if there’s a toggle’. That doesn’t mean I’d mind a toggle, in general a toggle would be best. It just means for me personally it wouldn’t be necessary because I’d never disable the feature. I’m not a rotational player not care to be one. That’s how I interpreted it, from my own personal perspective. My yes most certainly doesn’t mean “and I don’t care about those who don’t want it”. Of course a toggle if possible. If a toggle wouldn’t be possible? Then definitely SP for me.

Then I should have voted NO. But I was considerate enough to think about other simmers and having options is always best.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.