Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with seasons gameplay

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Julia26 wrote: »
    My cooking menu has blue boxes for the recipes that aren't unlocked and its bothering me

Hello @Julia26
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps

• Options
    CatLover924CatLover924 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > CatLover924 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > CatLover924 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I can't get past the seasons selection screen in any save, including brand new saves. I try to select a season, and nothing happens. The problem persists even after clearing the cache, taking out all mods/cc, and repairing my game. I have no idea what else to do, and I haven't seen anyone reporting the same problem.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @CatLover924
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Try testing the game after putting back each folder.
    >
    > Thanks, I tried your suggestion, and the issue still occurred.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CatLover924
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue :( I don’t like to suggest this as I know that is a big download that can take a long time to download, but perhaps you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game. It may perhaps help your issues.
    > If you do decide to do that, make a backup copy of your Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder beforehand and place it on an external drive or somewhere else on your computer.

I reinstalled the game, but unfortunately it still doesn't work.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > CatLover924 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > CatLover924 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I can't get past the seasons selection screen in any save, including brand new saves. I try to select a season, and nothing happens. The problem persists even after clearing the cache, taking out all mods/cc, and repairing my game. I have no idea what else to do, and I haven't seen anyone reporting the same problem.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @CatLover924
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Try testing the game after putting back each folder.
    >
    > Thanks, I tried your suggestion, and the issue still occurred.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CatLover924
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue :( I don’t like to suggest this as I know that is a big download that can take a long time to download, but perhaps you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game. It may perhaps help your issues.
    > If you do decide to do that, make a backup copy of your Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder beforehand and place it on an external drive or somewhere else on your computer.

I reinstalled the game, but unfortunately it still doesn't work.

Hello @CatLover924
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links
  • Options
    Okay, @rosemow, here it is.

h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/bs3DbyQQ
  • Options
    Okay, @rosemow, here it is.

h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/bs3DbyQQ

https://pastebin.com/bs3DbyQQ
    Hello
    Do you have your Sims 4 game installed on your C Drive or the D drive of your laptop?
  • Options
    It's on the C drive.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It's on the C drive.

Hello @CatLover924
    Having the sims 4 folder on the C drive may be the cause of your issues. You don’t have much free space left on the drive . You only have 28.5 and it is best to have over 50gb free space.
    Drive: C:
    Free Space: 28.5 GB
    Total Space: 237.9 GB

It would be best to move /install the game on the D drive, which has a lot more free space. It would also be best to move your documents folder to the D drive also.

To do that,make a new folder on the D drive where you want to install the game and name the folder.
    To change where the sims 4 game is installed , go to Application settings in Origin , and the setting will be under "Installs and Saves " Browse through until you can find the new folder that you have created on the D drive. Set that folder as the place to install the game.

This link explains how to move your sims 4 game to another drive without needing to uninstall , download and reinstall it again.
    https://help.ea.com/article/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games

This link explains how to move your documents folder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfNmGnbxNw
  • Options
    @rosemow

Thank you so much! That fixed the problem! :)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    An update;

I started a new save.
    So far the issues of both multiple harvestables in world and an absence of collectibles in world have been resolved. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    An update;

I started a new save.
    So far the issues of both multiple harvestables in world and an absence of collectibles in world have been resolved. :)

That is great :)

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    My sims get stuck in place. Just now one of my sims was using the water slide thing with the shark, and he walked to the beginning and froze. all of my other sims in the household still move and interact with each other, but cant interact with him, and he cant move. I have no cc, or mods, but this wasnt an issue until seasons came out. its also happened 2 times previously since the 22nd

This has been happening to me quite often too ever since the seasons patch.......its beyond annoying and seems to be random. Never had this issue so its really frustrating. I am also on a high end gaming rig so it isn't my comp thats the problem. SOmetimes sim freezing can be due to it being to demanding for your comp, but usually it will affect all sims. In my case just like the person above, it is just one sim at a time and its during random things.
  • Options
    Schantal wrote: »
    My sims get stuck in place. Just now one of my sims was using the water slide thing with the shark, and he walked to the beginning and froze. all of my other sims in the household still move and interact with each other, but cant interact with him, and he cant move. I have no cc, or mods, but this wasnt an issue until seasons came out. its also happened 2 times previously since the 22nd

This has been happening to me quite often too ever since the seasons patch.......its beyond annoying and seems to be random. Never had this issue so its really frustrating. I am also on a high end gaming rig so it isn't my comp thats the problem. SOmetimes sim freezing can be due to it being to demanding for your comp, but usually it will affect all sims. In my case just like the person above, it is just one sim at a time and its during random things.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-jumping-back-Sims-freezing/m-p/6882169#M64394
  • Options
    Deadtech5Deadtech5 Posts: 152 Member
    2 major things

1. Whenever my pets enter a room with my Sim, my pets spam my "Scedueled actions" and want to be petted 20 times and will stop eating when this happens also.
    2. My Sim always randomly just runs away to the end of the map for no reason.
    chewbacca-wink.gif
  • Options
    Deadtech5 wrote: »
    2 major things

1. Whenever my pets enter a room with my Sim, my pets spam my "Scedueled actions" and want to be petted 20 times and will stop eating when this happens also.
    2. My Sim always randomly just runs away to the end of the map for no reason.

Hello
    With the first issue, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pet-Filling-Queue-Task-List/m-p/6890852#M65766
  • Options
    Clio98Clio98 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Clio98 wrote: »
    >
    > No shine/specular is showing on clothes or makeup in CAS nor in gameplay-mode since installing seasons. The lip gloss look all dull for instance. I've tried removing my mods and repairing the game but it still won't show up. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps
    >
    > If you have laptop mode on, try turning it off and see if the issue remains,
    >
    > Try testing in a fresh new save and see if the same thing occurs there.

Update: I've tested it in multiple saves, I do not have laptop mode on and I've also removed localthumbcache.package but the issue still remains.
  • Options
    PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but I've been having an issue whereby my sims make snow angels indoors when it's snowing outside. This is happening on the ground floor of a two storey building ie. there's a ceiling and a roof above the floor where they are snow-angelling.

I haven't noticed any other snow-related activities occurring indoors, only snow-angelling. :worried:
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but I've been having an issue whereby my sims make snow angels indoors when it's snowing outside. This is happening on the ground floor of a two storey building ie. there's a ceiling and a roof above the floor where they are snow-angelling.

I haven't noticed any other snow-related activities occurring indoors, only snow-angelling. :worried:

Hi

yes, that's a known issue.

AHQ thread for this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Outside-seasons-activity-happening-inside/m-p/6882253/highlight/true#M64407
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Nolee20Nolee20 Posts: 27 Member
    Someone please help me, I contacted Origin support 3 times, and they couldn't fix my problem.
    I have a School project box stuck outside of my household lot and i don't know how to get rid of it, i'm not gonna start a new game because i love the current sims i have
  • Options
    Nolee20 wrote: »
    Someone please help me, I contacted Origin support 3 times, and they couldn't fix my problem.
    I have a School project box stuck outside of my household lot and i don't know how to get rid of it, i'm not gonna start a new game because i love the current sims i have

Hello
    If the issue has recently occurred, you could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play that is before the school project was stuck there. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Sometimes stuck items are removed by the game, after a little while, overnight . It can sonetimes take a Sims week for it to disappear.
  • Options
    halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    I just installed Seasons on the 22nd late. Been playing some old families I had in a saved folder away from the game. They were playing fine until today and (well other than some lags which I already read about) and all of a sudden as I'm putting my family to bed I have triplet boys, and when they aged up from baby to child (no toddlers when I started the family) It turned midnight before the 3rd one could age up. Anyway, today the last one and 2nd one changed hair, aspirations and age! What's up?? Anyone else having this issue? I'm going to try and repair my game, but it was really wierd. I have all packs, expansions except Vampires and pet stuff...
  • Options
    halfnotes9 wrote: »
    I just installed Seasons on the 22nd late. Been playing some old families I had in a saved folder away from the game. They were playing fine until today and (well other than some lags which I already read about) and all of a sudden as I'm putting my family to bed I have triplet boys, and when they aged up from baby to child (no toddlers when I started the family) It turned midnight before the 3rd one could age up. Anyway, today the last one and 2nd one changed hair, aspirations and age! What's up?? Anyone else having this issue? I'm going to try and repair my game, but it was really wierd. I have all packs, expansions except Vampires and pet stuff...

Hello
    You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, that is before this occurred.. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I have a jumping problem. before I played I removed my save game folder so started a brand new game. My teen wanted an umbrella stand, so I got one. next I asked her to clear her plate, she walked to the bin outside emptied her plate, next my screen jumped and she was washing the plate, jumped again and she was at the bin, jumped again and she is getting out the shower. No CC or mods.
  • Options
    I have a jumping problem. before I played I removed my save game folder so started a brand new game. My teen wanted an umbrella stand, so I got one. next I asked her to clear her plate, she walked to the bin outside emptied her plate, next my screen jumped and she was washing the plate, jumped again and she was at the bin, jumped again and she is getting out the shower. No CC or mods.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Jumpy-Animations-Sims-teleport/m-p/6876628#M64080
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    The reaction Something is happening is overwhelming my sims and even NP players. They are reacting to, too many things at once. It is raining, someone is cheating, the thunder is loud,someone walked in on someone, there is a fire. If any of these happen and it is more than just a few at once the sims cannot process it and run out of reaction slots. I had a sim freeze and I reset it and when I did it had 10 different " What is Happening actions going on the screen. I do not have the mod for more actions either. Also they react to things that happened in the house when they are outside or in another room and have to run to were ever the What is happening is happening. They also seem to be reacting to reaction of other sims reacting to whatever has upset them. Then all sims are trying to react and their action queues are getting overwhelmed. This is freezing my game as well as others. This happens with no mods as well. I tested it.