Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with seasons gameplay

Comments

• Options
    CloudKittenCloudKitten Posts: 10 New Member
    If this does happen again, try to get the UI cheats mod. It will prevent your sims from starving.
  • Options
    Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    I am having an issue with the easels since installing Seasons. Everytime my sims are going to paint the game throws a last exception. I have tried repairing the game and with & without mods but the problem still occurs.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    Armika74 wrote: »
    I am having an issue with the easels since installing Seasons. Everytime my sims are going to paint the game throws a last exception. I have tried repairing the game and with & without mods but the problem still occurs.

Hello
    Try selling the easel and buying a new one and see if the issue remains.

Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps.

Try testing with a sim in another household and see if the issue occurs with them as well.
  • Options
    starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I'm getting a Last Exception Report every time my Sim tries to clear the family bulletin board. I just sell the old one and buy a new, but I can't ever make heads or tails of the LERs. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hello @starrling33
    There is an issue with the Bulletin Board. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PH-clear-bulletin-board-doesn-t-work/m-p/6882955#M64509

Ooo, thank you so much (for all you do, too!).
  • Options
    I'm getting a Last Exception Report every time my Sim tries to clear the family bulletin board. I just sell the old one and buy a new, but I can't ever make heads or tails of the LERs. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hello @starrling33
    There is an issue with the Bulletin Board. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PH-clear-bulletin-board-doesn-t-work/m-p/6882955#M64509

Ooo, thank you so much (for all you do, too!).

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    Clio98Clio98 Posts: 2 New Member
    No shine/specular is showing on clothes or makeup in CAS nor in gameplay-mode since installing seasons. The lip gloss look all dull for instance. I've tried removing my mods and repairing the game but it still won't show up. :(
  • Options
    Clio98 wrote: »
    No shine/specular is showing on clothes or makeup in CAS nor in gameplay-mode since installing seasons. The lip gloss look all dull for instance. I've tried removing my mods and repairing the game but it still won't show up. :(

Hello
    Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps

If you have laptop mode on, try turning it off and see if the issue remains,

Try testing in a fresh new save and see if the same thing occurs there.
  • Options
    KeliraKelira Posts: 3 New Member
    I updated my game with the 6/26 patch, but I still have multiple wild plants spawning around my Sim's home lot in Newcrest.
  • Options
    Kelira wrote: »
    I updated my game with the 6/26 patch, but I still have multiple wild plants spawning around my Sim's home lot in Newcrest.

Hello
    If the plants have newly spawned since the patch, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread. The patch though may not remove duplicate plants that were already there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Wild-Plants-keeps-duplicating-when-load/m-p/6873460#M63612
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    My game is fully updated with the post-seasons patch. Here are some issues I'm having:

- leaf piles that are rotting will not disappear when burnt unless autumn is the active season
    - multiply harvestables still around the neighbourhood
    - no collectables around the neighbourhood
    - terribly needy pets that always choose to demand attention when my sims are eating. Sometimes they'll add about 20 interactions to my sim's action queue
    - glitchy teleporting issues when sims dispose of trash, empty trash cans and move up or down low stairs, ie ground level to foundation height (no animation issues on full length staircases)
    - 'water all' and 'harvest all' do NOT do all the plants to which those actions are applicable at the time
    - ice rinks and roller rinks glitching into each other, also the same with seasonal food stalls - exactly the same as the city festivals glitching into each other (which is still happening too)
    - sims keep their cold weather clothes on indoors, despite it being warm indoors
    - sims do not always change into summer or winter outfits when outside, despite the weather needing them to
    - sims constantly opening and closing umbrellas when out in the rain
    - all lots that are not the active household never take down their holiday decorations
    - it's proving extremely difficult to stop a sim raking leaves once they've started
    - sometimes emptying the trash can cause a sim to go on an endless cycle of raking leaves and disposing of leaf piles
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    since todays patch 27/6/18 the auto lights setting no longer turns off the light when the Sims sleep, yes I have cc it is all updated this was working fine before patch day
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    My game is fully updated with the post-seasons patch. Here are some issues I'm having:

- leaf piles that are rotting will not disappear when burnt unless autumn is the active season
    - multiply harvestables still around the neighbourhood
    - no collectables around the neighbourhood
    - terribly needy pets that always choose to demand attention when my sims are eating. Sometimes they'll add about 20 interactions to my sim's action queue
    - glitchy teleporting issues when sims dispose of trash, empty trash cans and move up or down low stairs, ie ground level to foundation height (no animation issues on full length staircases)
    - 'water all' and 'harvest all' do NOT do all the plants to which those actions are applicable at the time
    - ice rinks and roller rinks glitching into each other, also the same with seasonal food stalls - exactly the same as the city festivals glitching into each other (which is still happening too)
    - sims keep their cold weather clothes on indoors, despite it being warm indoors
    - sims do not always change into summer or winter outfits when outside, despite the weather needing them to
    - sims constantly opening and closing umbrellas when out in the rain
    - all lots that are not the active household never take down their holiday decorations
    - it's proving extremely difficult to stop a sim raking leaves once they've started
    - sometimes emptying the trash can cause a sim to go on an endless cycle of raking leaves and disposing of leaf piles

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues,
    Duplicate plants that were there before the patch may still remain there, but there shouldn’t be newly spawned duplicates,
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA threads that refer to some of your issues

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pet-Filling-Queue-Task-List/m-p/6699614#M60331
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Jumpy-Animations/m-p/6876628#M64080
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and-being/m-p/6433737#M52132
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-NPC-Holiday-Decorations-won-t-go-away-after-holiday-is/m-p/6885366#M64793

Simmers are having many issues with the raking leaves activity.
  • Options
    Loucifer wrote: »
    since todays patch 27/6/18 the auto lights setting no longer turns off the light when the Sims sleep, yes I have cc it is all updated this was working fine before patch day

Hello
    Just to make sure that your cc is not causing the issues because of the patch, it would be best to move your whole mods folder to the desktop, load the game and see if the autolights work or not.
  • Options
    hrlyquin4hrlyquin4 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello! I am adding to the bugs for the seasons. My first thing is that it basically killed my long time, family friend butler. She stopped eating and I do not control her on that and did not realize it was going on until she died. It was a shock and should not have happened. Side note for this is she has a grave on the property but she has yet to come out as a ghost and I never released her. The next butler we got was not working, she did not clean, or ANYTHING, I am also thinking she is not eating since she keeps saying she is hungry. I have given her assignments and all but she still just stands in one place for hours and hours. I have dismissed her service since I do not need another death on my property and not sure how to fix her without adding her to the family.

Also, everything and anything I try and have my Sims do, they either cancel it out or never do it or freeze while time is still ticking. This is frustrating since it either takes forever for them to do something or they do not do it at all and what I need them to do never happens. This makes special occasions and tasks to be done impossible and you run out of time as they just stand there.

I also had a fire from a fireplace in the house that was actually upgraded to not start fires and be auto light, but after awhile it stopped turning off when they left the room. When the fire was gone, I tried to have it put out by my Sims and it kept canceling it out. I disabled the auto light on it but it stayed on. I had to put it in-house inventory to see if it would stop it, but when I put it back out, it was still lit. So, I put it back into inventory just to not have another fire.

I know a lot of things happen with new expansions but I am most sad to have lost my butler that was working great before and helped raise my teen. It is also not as fun to play as everything seems to not work smooth. I did the update that just came out but has the same issues.

Sorry if this was discussed before, I did not get to look through all the posts but I am hoping there was a resolution. Thank you!!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Thank you @rosemow :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Loucifer wrote: »

Hello
    Just to make sure that your cc is not causing the issues because of the patch, it would be best to move your whole mods folder to the desktop, load the game and see if the autolights work or not.

will soon in middle of game :smile:
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    hrlyquin4 wrote: »
    Hello! I am adding to the bugs for the seasons. My first thing is that it basically killed my long time, family friend butler. She stopped eating and I do not control her on that and did not realize it was going on until she died. It was a shock and should not have happened. Side note for this is she has a grave on the property but she has yet to come out as a ghost and I never released her. The next butler we got was not working, she did not clean, or ANYTHING, I am also thinking she is not eating since she keeps saying she is hungry. I have given her assignments and all but she still just stands in one place for hours and hours. I have dismissed her service since I do not need another death on my property and not sure how to fix her without adding her to the family.

Also, everything and anything I try and have my Sims do, they either cancel it out or never do it or freeze while time is still ticking. This is frustrating since it either takes forever for them to do something or they do not do it at all and what I need them to do never happens. This makes special occasions and tasks to be done impossible and you run out of time as they just stand there.

I also had a fire from a fireplace in the house that was actually upgraded to not start fires and be auto light, but after awhile it stopped turning off when they left the room. When the fire was gone, I tried to have it put out by my Sims and it kept canceling it out. I disabled the auto light on it but it stayed on. I had to put it in-house inventory to see if it would stop it, but when I put it back out, it was still lit. So, I put it back into inventory just to not have another fire.

I know a lot of things happen with new expansions but I am most sad to have lost my butler that was working great before and helped raise my teen. It is also not as fun to play as everything seems to not work smooth. I did the update that just came out but has the same issues.

Sorry if this was discussed before, I did not get to look through all the posts but I am hoping there was a resolution. Thank you!!

Hello @hrlyquin4
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    For the second issue, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-jumping-back-Sims-freezing/m-p/6882169#M64394

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    When sims freeze, it can help to press pause, wait a few seconds then press the normal speed again. Also going to game options and back can help.

With the butter who died, you could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, that was before he died.. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    wyghastwyghast Posts: 3 New Member
    My game options seem to be broken. I can't disable mods, the whole page is mostly blank. All it has is checkboxes labeled "Checkbox Label", and my pause/play menu is smushed up at the bottom. I don't know what to do with this.
  • Options
    Everything else is fine, I haven't played enough to find any bugs. (sorry i can't figure out how to edit comments)
  • Options
    wyghast wrote: »
    My game options seem to be broken. I can't disable mods, the whole page is mostly blank. All it has is checkboxes labeled "Checkbox Label", and my pause/play menu is smushed up at the bottom. I don't know what to do with this.

Hello @wyghast
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre seasons patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If you have the MCCC mod, 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods they were broken. It would be best to remove them and download /install the updated versions.
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you very much!
  • Options
    KeliraKelira Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello
    > If the plants have newly spawned since the patch, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread. The patch though may not remove duplicate plants that were already there

Thanks for the info. New plants have stopped. After some poking around I figured out how to get rid of some of the multiple plants cluttering the area. You need a garbage can nearby for this to work.

testingcheats true
    right click the plant you want to get rid of, select "Set Gardening State"
    select "Set Plant Evolution" then select the first option in the menu, "Withered"
    now you can click on it and select "Dispose of Dead Plant"

When I disposed of a plant to far from a garbage can, my sim picked it up and then left it in a trash pile. Luckily an npc sim nearby picked up all the trash piles and walked them to a garbage can eventually.

Hopes this helps someone.
  • Options
    Kelira wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello
    > If the plants have newly spawned since the patch, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread. The patch though may not remove duplicate plants that were already there

Thanks for the info. New plants have stopped. After some poking around I figured out how to get rid of some of the multiple plants cluttering the area. You need a garbage can nearby for this to work.

testingcheats true
    right click the plant you want to get rid of, select "Set Gardening State"
    select "Set Plant Evolution" then select the first option in the menu, "Withered"
    now you can click on it and select "Dispose of Dead Plant"

When I disposed of a plant to far from a garbage can, my sim picked it up and then left it in a trash pile. Luckily an npc sim nearby picked up all the trash piles and walked them to a garbage can eventually.

Hopes this helps someone.

Hello
    It is very kind and thoughtful of you to post the helpful tips to remove duplicate plants :)
  • Options
    Julia26Julia26 Posts: 1 New Member
    My cooking menu has blue boxes for the recipes that aren't unlocked and its bothering me