Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how do you feel about Seasons so far?

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    So far its great. I am still experiencing lag since gtw. And yes I patched on 26
  • Options
    camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    Mud fights should be messy. And it take about 1 minute of my time to throw 1 little mud ball and nothing. Just a a little splat and then its as if you killed something in oblivion.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Again, the only actual GLITCH I have is the odd behavior where sims insta-teleport when using items randomly.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have this incredible urge to go through every single house (so far doing the ones where sims are residing at) and placing a thermostat, and a umbrella stand, along with a coat rack. I just got a couple of other packs as well, so I'm also getting this urge to place in laundry equipment, and pet supplies. It's like taking FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. lol
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I downloaded the game last night, but was too tired to play it. Can't wait to finally sit down later today and see if I like it or not.

I know for sure I've never been this optimistic about an EP before, but maybe that's because I didn't have any expectations before it came out and therefore I didn't set myself up for disappointment :D
  • Options
    itsaluminumitsaluminum Posts: 36 Member
    I just made it to halloween in the game, and I'm kind of disappointed. It didn't say anywhere that you had to have certain packs installed for all of this expansions features to work. For example, you can't carve pumpkins unless you have spooky stuff installed (Or so I read someone comment that somewhere) It says to do "spooky spirit" activities such as carving a pumpkin, interacting with ghosts, and playing spooky songs on the pipe organ.. Tried to do all and nothing worked. Also noticed that no kids ever came to the house trick or treating.. am i doing something wrong or should I just buy spooky stuff and call it a day
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I just made it to halloween in the game, and I'm kind of disappointed. It didn't say anywhere that you had to have certain packs installed for all of this expansions features to work. For example, you can't carve pumpkins unless you have spooky stuff installed (Or so I read someone comment that somewhere) It says to do "spooky spirit" activities such as carving a pumpkin, interacting with ghosts, and playing spooky songs on the pipe organ.. Tried to do all and nothing worked. Also noticed that no kids ever came to the house trick or treating.. am i doing something wrong or should I just buy spooky stuff and call it a day

Except for the pumpkin carving everything should work :/ I had kids come trick or treating and that's not a spooky stuff feature. Don't know what may be causing this. Did other holidays work fine for you? What are you playing this on? Sorry you're having issues.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited June 2018
    I didn't post earlier, because I didn't want to rush giving my opinion. Now after a week I've seen the whole year and my opinion hasn't really changed: I l-o-v-e Seasons. I have enjoyed sims 4 since the beginning, but it's now so much better and the level of addictivity has definitely gone up. Aside of the bugs my only complaint is that I'm spending way too much time playing. None of the other packs did this to me. I saw someone mention that they like Seasons, because it affects everything and you don't have to specifically search for the new content to enjoy it. That's probably my reason too for liking it so much. Telling stories in my rotational save has completely changed.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I have this incredible urge to go through every single house (so far doing the ones where sims are residing at) and placing a thermostat, and a umbrella stand, along with a coat rack. I just got a couple of other packs as well, so I'm also getting this urge to place in laundry equipment, and pet supplies. It's like taking FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. lol

That's the one thing that bugs me about new packs and always has lol I had to make a template world so that I wouldn't have to keep placing everything a normal town has. I can't be bothered to add laundry to every house so the household I play in any given save is the only household in all the worlds with the modern convenience of laundry machines
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Katnip264Katnip264 Posts: 68 Member
    I finally came up for air lol. I have been thoroughly enjoying my time in Sims 4 Seasons. The transitions of weather are lovely, and the only way I could be happier is if the snow stacked up a little more. That being said, this is still my favorite Seasons iteration. It adds so much more depth (in other ways lol) that I fell in love with it quickly. The customization for holidays is just wonderful, and exactly what I have been wanting.

This is going to sound really silly, but my favorite default holiday so far is Neighborhood Brawl Day. LOL

First rule of Neighborhood Brawl Day, is nobody talks about Neighborhood Brawl Day!!! LOL
    I may need to make a club out of this holiday. It's by far one of the most obscure, and minuscule holidays (of which there are an enjoyable amount) but this one tickled my funny bone the most because I'm a goof ball that way.
    Dgp8Ng8XcAARdW8.jpg:large

I haven't seen this holiday yet but the fact there is one made me laugh out loud (so did your Fight Club reference. :D ). Can't wait to see Neighboorhood Brawl Day pop up on my calendar!
    Simmer since the beginning. Anxiously awaiting Seasons. On Origin--> kitkatcny Happy Simming! B)
  • Options
    itsaluminumitsaluminum Posts: 36 Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > itsaluminum wrote: »
    >
    > I just made it to halloween in the game, and I'm kind of disappointed. It didn't say anywhere that you had to have certain packs installed for all of this expansions features to work. For example, you can't carve pumpkins unless you have spooky stuff installed (Or so I read someone comment that somewhere) It says to do "spooky spirit" activities such as carving a pumpkin, interacting with ghosts, and playing spooky songs on the pipe organ.. Tried to do all and nothing worked. Also noticed that no kids ever came to the house trick or treating.. am i doing something wrong or should I just buy spooky stuff and call it a day
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Except for the pumpkin carving everything should work :/ I had kids come trick or treating and that's not a spooky stuff feature. Don't know what may be causing this. Did other holidays work fine for you? What are you playing this on? Sorry you're having issues.

I mean I do have cc and a couple small mods installed so I guess it could be that. I'm playing in Brindleton Bay, and so far any other holidays have worked, haven't made it to winterfest yet, but we'll see. I'm having a few different bug issues though so it could just be my game. I just didn't know if it was cause I don't have spooky stuff
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

You don't need the Spooky Stuff pack. Pumpkin carving is just one of a few things that will count towards the spooky spirit tradition. Even if you had the base game you can complete it by just talking to ghosts.

When I was testing this out I noticed kids/teens didn't really start coming to my home til after school hours. They didn't come earlier during the day, which made sense. Trick or treating is available even if you don't have Spooky stuff. You might want to to a new game test to just test it out to make sure nothing is bugged or if you have any mods that might be conflicting with it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    WooldropWooldrop Posts: 89 Member
    After a week of playing, I am still enjoying it. The glitches were slightly annoying but the gameplay is worth it. I love creating holidays and the traditions. I will say all of the rain get tiresome. lol
    Gallery ID: WoolDrop

My Creations Thread is HERE

Follow me on Twitter: @DropWool
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I purchased Seasons this morning and set season length to 28 days which meant I had to delete the premade holidays otherwise Winterfest was due to occur in the final week of summer!

I've began a new game and am playing with the premades as well as downloading some of the other premades that Maxis created as they do each time a pack is released.

I've switched off weather affecting sims but they still change into their hot category outfits (I've began in summer since I am in summer now).

The pack is not going to rock my world. I purchased it merely for added realism and some structure from the addition of a calendar and weather.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I am loving Seasons, in spite of all the bugs popping up, lol. I am taking my time with Seasons, like I do with all the other packs so I haven't even seen snow yet in my games. It took awhile to actually play, I'm like LaBlue, I have to make my neighborhoods ready for all the seasons and it took a long time. I too, think Seasons is one of the best in the whole series...love gardening!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    Disappointed. Have not been able to enjoy it since the bugs are taking front stage.