Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly Gay Sims

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    > @sleekoduck87 said:
    > I am well aware that some of the Sims are gay, like Summer Holiday, who is very, very gay. I'm okay with that. But lately, all of my Sims have been rolling Wants to Flirt with members of the same sex. I'm talking Bella Goth, Don Lothario, even Johnny Zest. I draw the line at Johnny Zest. Johnny is not allowed to be gay in my game, not now, not ever. Is this a glitch any of you are experiencing, or some secret Sims conspiracy?

hahaha... I love that Jonny Zest is gay in some of my games. I think its cute since I swear it wasn't my doing but he ended up hooking up with Joaquin Le Chien ;) They are after all the same Sim except one always look strung out on something he shouldn't have touched while clubbing and doesn't know how to dress and the other is Jonny Zest who is funny awesome and just well Jonny.

I have a fun mod that changes the gender of a sim even if ever so slightly giving turning them both into intersex guys. Joaquin was never meant to be intersex guy but I rolled with it and let my sims play with him lol.

I think its a random thing in the game. I have played it where everyone ends up gay. Caleb and Vlad hooking up. Nancy and Bella hooking up etc. While other times its the NPCs we believe to be straight and are straight.

> @Dracon said:
    > In my game being gay is practically the norm, with straight couples being very very rare lol.
    > And poor Summer Holiday, in my game she is the only one left of the BFF Household, Liberty Lee is off married to a nice guy, while Travis Scott found a very nice man to settle down with in San Myshuno. So far I have seen no male or female Sims give her any attention. Hastag: #ForeverAlone

I usually aim for that in my games too. I also like intersex sims for games too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    No offense but in my opinion is that all gay stuff should be removed from all games. I'm a straight hetero & I'm tired of having to worry about my straight sims being attacked & sexually disrespected by the same gender as them
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    No offense but in my opinion is that all gay stuff should be removed from all games. I'm a straight hetero & I'm tired of having to worry about my straight sims being attacked & sexually disrespected by the same gender as them

"No offense"? Seriously?

Get a mod and keep your opinion to yourself.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

aw
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited June 2018

"No offense ..." - Usually a good indicator to brace yourself for impact.
    "... all the gay stuff" - There is no gay stuff. Sims don't care about gender and good on them. You can decide whom they hook up with.
    "... should be removed from all games." ALL games, no less. At least you're only asking for removal from games. Glad you're fine with it IRL.
    "straight hetero" - Either would have been fine, really.
    "... my straight sims being attacked & sexually disrespected" - How would that even work? You seem to have some adult mods in your game I don't even want to know about.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member

Well you're gonna have to deal with it because ever since The Sims 1 base game, same sex has been supported by the game developers!
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member

While on principle, I don't disagree, "straight hetero" is redundant.

Also, what kind of game you're playing that's having Sims "attack" each other like that? Sims don't do that, not without mods.

Do you mean random flirting?
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited June 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    Here have a seat. I think you might need to take like several seats.

Sooooo.... take away everyone's freedom of choice because of your opinion? Sounds fair.

Sims don't sexually attack or prey on other sims in this game. Definitely doesn't happen in in the vanilla game. Great thing about this game is there's no concept of such a thing, discrimination or sims feeling objectified in this game at all and I'd personally like to keep it that way. Think we see enough of that IRL and don't need it tact onto my game.

I'd suggest finding a mod that would tailor to your game for preference or to better protect yourself just don't play the game at all if it bothers you. Game has been pretty open since the Sims 2 with different relationships among things like alien pregnancies for males and females alike.

If I see some sims I don't seem to like together for whatever reason chances are I'll break them up and make them single. Since you know, we have the control to do that.

Most of the hread is more so suggesting our playable sims are acting inappropriately when in a relationship with no sort of prompting given or having a non-committal trait. This is kind of a problem.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member

I don't even know where to start unpacking this mess.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    Sad it steals the fun from some people in other countries & then it causes EA to lose money that they could be making if it didn't get band from 7 countries all cause of LGBT content.
    I have every right to my opinion without being disrespected. There definately should be boundaries on this seems it's there to prevent sexuality disrespect.

I'm now ignoring all nonsense negative comments towards me

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/06/26/the-sims-gaming-ban-same-sex-relationships-lgbt/
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I have every right to my opinion without being disrespected.

No you don't.

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Sad it steals the fun from some people in other countries & then it causes EA to lose money that they could be making if it didn't get band from 7 countries all cause of LGBT content.
    I have every right to my opinion without being disrespected. There definately should be boundaries on this seems it's there to prevent sexuality disrespect.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/06/26/the-sims-gaming-ban-same-sex-relationships-lgbt/

For one thing, if you'd actually read the article you posted, it refers to the Sims: Freeplay. Granted, if the countries mentioned are going to ban that, it's certainly possible they would ban the rest of the Sims games. That's not what the article says, however.

For another, the article goes on to quote an EA spokesperson: "The EA spokesperson wrote: “We’ve always been proud that our in-game experiences embrace values as broad and diverse as our incredible Sims community. This has been important to us, as we know it is to you.”"

ETA: And for another, such a ban reflects a lot more poorly on those countries than it does on EA.
  • Options
    kemisz wrote: »

No you don't.

Lol lol lol
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Can we close this thread now?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

For one thing, if you'd actually read the article you posted, it refers to the Sims: Freeplay. Granted, if the countries mentioned are going to ban that, it's certainly possible they would ban the rest of the Sims games. That's not what the article says, however.

For another, the article goes on to quote an EA spokesperson: "The EA spokesperson wrote: “We’ve always been proud that our in-game experiences embrace values as broad and diverse as our incredible Sims community. This has been important to us, as we know it is to you.”"

ETA: And for another, such a ban reflects a lot more poorly on those countries than it does on EA.

Ya well once these countries notice this in the other sims games. They will band them too
  • Options
    (I Take Back What I Said)
    I'm not against nobody for what they choose & I do not discriminate. I know I said it wrong but what I really mean is that there needs to be boundaries added to prevent everybody's sexuality from being disrespected.
    My opinion matters & I don't care what negative comments u say to me cause if u think it's alright to disrespect peoples sexuality then y'all are wrong
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Necroing a months old thread to troll is not edgy anymore, whoever told you it would make you cool lied to you.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I think this thread should be closed.

I do think all opinions should be respected, if you wish for your opinion to be, you should only respect another even if you don't agree. There are always going to be people who agree and disagree with certain topics, it's what makes us different but I think maybe posting certain negative comments will only cause backlash and hurt. So I say if you don't agree or like something, simply move past it and ignore, that way there won't be unnecessary arguments.
  • Options
    amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member
    kemisz wrote: »

No you don't.

Yes she does
    8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My opinion I see it as EA is just pandering to the what? 1 to 3% of the population. That was as of research done by that specific group. I do mod my game to fit my ideals, but almost every game update makes it so my game is just unplayable because that mod may not work properly. My mind goes unchanged about certain aspects of the game.
  • Options
    SimGuruKateSimGuruKate Posts: 38 SimGuru (retired)
    This thread has been closed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top