Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is your game running with Seasons?

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm still waiting for a response from gurus about the bugs that the recent patch caused... so far, nothing. And Seasons itself has brought in a bunch of new bugs... and still nothing. I mean, I'm not surprised. This is a common trend with The Sims. For all we know, the bugs won't be fixed for another month... or possibly never. *sigh*

The game has only been out for one day, and we're on the weekend. The devs and Gurus need some time with their families. They are aware of some of the issues:

I haven't run into the non-lighting fireplaces -- my Sim actually autonomously lit the fireplace when it was chilly out! OTOH, that same Sim was working in the garden without spinning into her cold-weather gear, and almost froze to death. Got her inside, warmed her by the fire, then she autonomously had a cup of coffee and all was well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,200 Member
    Only a glitch or two caused by using save from before install. When I started new one there was no problem so basically running smooth.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    My game has sime bugs. Hope they fix it soon.

The trees aren't coloring correctly. They have purple and red globs of color all over the map. And in one of my faves the ground has the same coloring with fat question marks in blocks. I'll try and take a pic later.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Creep2NightCreep2Night Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello my problem is I can't plant anything because it's cold, it was spring so I thought it was normal, then summer came and still plants say "it is too cold to plant" I even tried to build a greenhouse but no difference.. The weather is hot why can't I plant?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Only major issue I've had is not being able to schedule events properly, but that was fixed by starting a new game. I resisted, because for my game starting over is an all day project.

Only minor issue is that my sim constantly takes out her umbrella while using it. Seems to work better when she's not walking fast or running.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    So far so good. Before running the game with Seasons, I made sure all of my mods were updated (or removed them) and repaired the game. No problems yet -- plum, did I just type that? :o
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I haven't found any bugs yet, but I will say that my performance seems to be suffering a little.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    @LUTHIENRISING hi, thanks, I don't do Mods :smile: but I did download a room from the gallery, so maybe a mod crept in :smile: - I restarted the game and mom still was stuck, but then suddenly she had her birthday and then she got unstuck. Very strange that she got stuck for so much time for that reason. Of course now, mom has a sad moodlet because of a forgotten birthday.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I had no issues so far.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    For me, nothing major that takes away from gameplay. Just a couple minor issues.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited June 2018
    I haven't run into the non-lighting fireplaces -- my Sim actually autonomously lit the fireplace when it was chilly out! OTOH, that same Sim was working in the garden without spinning into her cold-weather gear, and almost froze to death. Got her inside, warmed her by the fire, then she autonomously had a cup of coffee and all was well.

You won't if you have Seasons. Those problems are from the patch. Luckily, for those who have Seasons, the EP is the fix for fireplaces.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    KityyKatty519KityyKatty519 Posts: 24 Member
    I choose this one because my game is not unplayable, but i do have a lot of bugs i never had before seasons. The bugs are really annoying and make me often just want to quit the game. Not completely sure or it is because of seasons or just my own thing. But the worst is, if one of my sims bugs out i can't use the DEBUG cheat, it just doesn't work... But other than that it runs better than i expected soo....
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    No lag or performance issues. But my sims are forever trying to interact with pets and play horseshoe when they’re eating. As soon as they sit down to eat, three interactions immediately queue to pet/talk/hug the cat or practice horseshoe. I didn’t have this bug before, and I don’t currently have mods or cc installed. Anyone else having this problem?

I haven’t tried repairing my game yet, but I hope it fixes this. It’s driving my nuts.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    So far there hasn't been anything that would ruin the game for me. I've had a few bugs and a little bit of lag in build mode, but other than that, the game is running just fine.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    No performance issues for me, just bugs here and there.
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    I also seem to have issues with toddlers and pets. Mum and dad forever putting the toddlers into and out of the highchair. Also when I don't play, I usually use ALT/TAB to minimize the playing window, which results in a complete system freeze when I use ALT/TAB to make the playing window visible again, something I didn't have before
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Just a few (noticeable) problems for me. 1. Game is really laggy in build mode while placing wall/floor coverings. I don’t believe it’s my computer, it should be more than capable. 2. My sim keep getting “stuck” at work. They come home, but the icon still shows they are at work and I have limited interactions available (as if they aren’t really home). So far restarting the game allows me to select “leave early”, which fixes it. Not sure if this is seasons related though, anyone have this issue before the EP?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have the wallpaper/flooring placement lag, I also noticed things get a little weird and glitchy on community lots as they start filling with sims. For example the café in Windenberg by the library, I took my sim there and as Sims started to show up everyone started freezing in place. I ended up just leaving.
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Performance-wise the game is running fine. There are bugs but they don’t make the game run any diffferent, they just impact some of the features of the pack.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2018
    edit: whoops i posted in the wrong thread!

my game is running much better after i delete some old cc, lol.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    Smooth with bugs caused by seasons; I have a lag bug and the claim beds action doesn't work anymore.
    I also have mods and cc running.

Claim bed issue is probably mod related.

My game is mod and cc free. I have claim bed issues.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    There is only one bug that I noticed and it's when I try to plan an event, for example, a birthday party, and it's on a different day, it happens immediately after I plan it. Other than that, my game's fine
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    Performance-wise i don t have any issue with the game but i have few bugs like wallpaper/flooring placement lag and funny jumping sims during cleaning and gardening activities
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No performance issues, but animation glitches. TONS of them.
    Example:
    Put things in dishwasher: Sim collects everything, walks to the dishwasher, then teleports instantly outside for 2 seconds, then teleports back, puts item in dishwasher...

So it works, it just LOOKS weird.

This is either the latest patch or Seasons.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek