Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is your game running with Seasons?

i've seen a lot of seasons posts on here that have gotten me nervous about installing it. :/
origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

How is your game running with Seasons? 253 votes

My game is running smoothly.
43% 110 votes
My game has a few bugs (caused by Seasons).
51% 131 votes
My game is unplayable because of bugs / crashing / completely broken.
4% 12 votes

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I notice no difference performance-wise. There are bugs but none that seem to affect how the game runs.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It's running fine for the most part, but slower, laggy, it's probably my computer. I really don't want to play with graphic settings or anything cause I did that once before and then my paintings from reference glitched to a blank canvas
    It lags in build mode I haven't played in Live mode for a while so I'm not sure.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I'm getting hit with bits of unexpected lag now and then. It's definitely not my computer.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I almost forgot about it. Going to buy it right now!
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm still waiting for a response from gurus about the bugs that the recent patch caused... so far, nothing. And Seasons itself has brought in a bunch of new bugs... and still nothing. I mean, I'm not surprised. This is a common trend with The Sims. For all we know, the bugs won't be fixed for another month... or possibly never. *sigh*
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I am currently playing a save that is mod and cc free and everything runs beautifully smooth with no new bugs, nothing game breaking or frequently occurring. I'll put the mods folder back in probably this weekend and then I'll see if it's as smooth as it was before the most recent update. I don't typically have issues except when something becomes outdated which is usually resolved by updating or removing it.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Same here! My computer should pull it off, but you'll never know. :no_mouth:
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • WaterCoffeeWineWaterCoffeeWine Posts: 28 Member
    > @Lustianicia said:
    > I'm still waiting for a response from gurus about the bugs that the recent patch caused... so far, nothing. And Seasons itself has brought in a bunch of new bugs... and still nothing. I mean, I'm not surprised. This is a common trend with The Sims. For all we know, the bugs won't be fixed for another month... or possibly never. *sigh*

I'm sure that the developers have already started working on the bugs caused by the latest patch. Are you willing to try a new save? I did and it fixed multiple bugs (i.e. fireplace glitch and employees not showing up for work).
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    My game only has bugs from the resent seasons patch, I also have noticed a few bugs with the EP specifically, one especially annoying bug is when I try to plan an event for a specific date, once I confirm it, the event pops up on a different date entirely.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    It runs smoothly, as far as the specs go I mean, but there are a few bugs and glitches here and there. It's nothing that wasn't expected though.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Its running exactly as it did before seasons, no lag just lots of fun :)
  • Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    It has bugs. As I explained in another thread, my sims suddenly freeze in the middle of their actions and the 'Reset Object' cheat does not work on them. It is fixed by clicking on the floor 'Go Here' and they return to their assigned tasks. OR by clicking in and out of build mode. It is also lagging quite a bit which is something it did not do before. I have even had to exit the game and open it again for these bugs to stop.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Ok for the most part but when I had a sim tell her husband to swing with her she froze while standing. I tried to reset her but she wouldn't reset. She finally unfroze. All other times she was able to do that without freezing.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    My game is still running just as smoothly. I do notice some of the bugs but they aren't hindering performance for me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Ok for the most part but when I had a sim tell her husband to swing with her she froze while standing. I tried to reset her but she wouldn't reset. She finally unfroze. All other times she was able to do that without freezing.

Had something similar, when my child sim asked to push another child sim on the swing they all just reset instead of doing the action.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2018
    I run my game on high settings and its running smoothly.

But there are a few bugs. The other day my Sim Alice was climbing down the stairs like she was a toddler.

What you doing, Alice? :neutral:

51wmyu.png

I found it very creepy indeed.
    giphy.gif
  • KonekoFoxgloveKonekoFoxglove Posts: 50 Member
    @ParmaViolet87 That looks incredibly creepy! :s

The performance itself is the same as it's been before, but I've seen quite some bugs that haven't been there before.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Game itself runs smoothly, on my 2 years old but cheap computer. There might be a few stops during gameplay that ruins my filming, like if there is something being prepared to happen somewhere in the area that makes the visuals halt for a second or two. This is no big deal for regular playing though, and I might even solve it somehow in settings, or closing my internet etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    Game is running smoothly apart from a bit of lag when decorating - seems to take a while for wallpaper etc to cover the whole room but it’s bearable.

Only issue I’m getting frustrated with is planning events on the calendar just doesn’t work. I go through the whole process of setting up a party for example, and then nothing happens. It doesn’t go onto the calendar and doesn’t happen when the day I planned it for rolls round.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    It terms of performance wise my laptop is doing great (I have a low-end gaming laptop).

However I have experienced quite a few bugs like the planning event on the calendar one. Also my sims sometimes 'hop' around the lot when performing certain tasks. For example grabbing food, they will go to sit down on the sofa but then glitch and appear at the table. Not sure what's going on there.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Running smooth enough.
    Just a few bugs but nothing really game ruining.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    More glitchy and laggy. not my computer either. I have a high end gaming computer that runs more demanding games smoothly. It doesn't make it unplayable, but it gets a little annoying.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2018
    Smooth with bugs caused by seasons; I have a lag bug and the claim beds action doesn't work anymore.
    I also have mods and cc running.
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    edited June 2018
    Performance-wise there doesn't seem to be a difference for me, but there are a few (minor) bugs with Seasons.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!