Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those who don't have Seasons yet, what's your reason?

I am starting a discussion thread on reasons why those who don't have Seasons, don't have Seasons lol.

My reason? I am really cheap and believe that eps shouldn't be the same price as base game. Therefore, I am waiting for when it goes on sale.... Whenever that might be...
webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif

Comments

• Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    I can't afford it until payday next week. Even then, I haven't fully decided whether to buy it or wait for a sale but I'll get it eventually one way or another
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I got Seasons as a gift, but under normal circumstances, I am similar to you. I usually wait for sales because 40$ for an EP could go towards a full game like Pokemon or the like. Also doesn't help that prices have risen in the pass few months for 40$ US is more like 50$+ here in Canada. I can get a full Pokemon game with that.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I got Seasons as a gift, but under normal circumstances, I am similar to you. I usually wait for sales because 40$ for an EP could go towards a full game like Pokemon or the like. Also doesn't help that prices have risen in the pass few months for 40$ US is more like 50$+ here in Canada. I can get a full Pokemon game with that.

Oh I'd definitely choose a Pokemon game over the EP. No doubt
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    52$ in Canada is way too much, normally I would wait for a sale but I found it on CD Keys for 38$.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I actually wanted to buy it as soon as possible. But I figured the patch would break a lot of mods so I wanted to wait for all my favorite mods to be updated by their creators. Then I read on the forum about all the bugs that were created. I don't want to deal with any of that. So I decided to wait until they fix all this mess to download the patch and buy the EP (I'll probably wait for a sale too).
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I actually wanted to buy it as soon as possible. But I figured the patch would break a lot of mods so I wanted to wait for all my favorite mods to be updated by their creators. Then I read on the forum about all the bugs that were created. I don't want to deal with any of that. So I decided to wait until they fix all this mess to download the patch and buy the EP (I'll probably wait for a sale too).

Yeah that's another reason why. All the bugs that came with the pack is making me feel a bit better about not having the pack lol.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I thought base game was $60 and EPs are $40.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Is the base game 60? I got it on sale for 20, so I assumed original price was 40. I swear it's 40
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I'm waiting for a sale, although it is so hard to wait. But I know that if I'm patient it will be so much more rewarding, because I will have saved money.
    When do you think it will go on sale? I'm thinking there might be a Fourth of July sale, which stinks because I will be away. I hope it goes on sale sooner!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Is the base game 60? I got it on sale for 20, so I assumed original price was 40. I swear it's 40

I’m sure the price has been adjusted since it came out originally and may be $40 now. But when it was first released, it was $60 if I’m not mistaken.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,915 Member
    Price on release:

F4xuNNl.png
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I'm downloading today when I get home! I'm so excited :)
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Same with the bugs for me. Even though Seasons was not something I felt I needed desperately in my game, I do like a lot of CAS and BB items and I want to try the gardening career. But I really don't feel like adding something to my game that is buggy.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I don't play TS4 anymore( because TS3 is :heart: ). So I wont buy new TS4 packs until those are on sale.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    I am starting a discussion thread on reasons why those who don't have Seasons, don't have Seasons lol.

My reason? I am really cheap and believe that eps shouldn't be the same price as base game. Therefore, I am waiting for when it goes on sale.... Whenever that might be...

No money to buy more EA Cash cards.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Engrossed in the World Cup.
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    I want to finish exams without the distraction of seasons... because I know I won't be able to resist installing it if I buy it and I know I won't be able to resist playing into the wee hours if I install it.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I'm waiting for a sale
    But I am getting it also waiting for LGR review I hope it's as good as it looks & will be a game changer for me
    Happy simming everyone
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Broke! I miss the days of having money :( My birthday is in August, so Seasons will be the only thing on my list when the kids start asking what I want ;)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,621 Member
    Actually, I can't wait to get it. I just have to put it off until after we return from our carefully planned vacation. Besides having to pay a deposit for each new pup, we're also having to pay for a couple nights at the General Morgan Inn. Normally when we travel we used points earned and accumulated through my husbands frequent business trips. But, the Family Reunion is centered at the General Morgan, and a family discount is offered, so we'll be staying there. Which is better, since some of the day's events begin rather early. Saturday morning's begins at 8:15 AM. I'm not inclined to miss the bus, either. LOL Sunday's day begins at 8:00 AM. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Price on release:

F4xuNNl.png

That is premium addition though.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for a sale, although it is so hard to wait. But I know that if I'm patient it will be so much more rewarding, because I will have saved money.
    When do you think it will go on sale? I'm thinking there might be a Fourth of July sale, which stinks because I will be away. I hope it goes on sale sooner!

I remember when an expansion pack wasn't on sale because it was recent but the other packs were. I can't remember when it happened but it did. I'm hoping for a fourth of July sale but I do not have my hopes up for seasons being on sale.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Engrossed in the World Cup.

Dude my two favorite teams won today I'm lit
  • Options
    I want to finish exams without the distraction of seasons... because I know I won't be able to resist installing it if I buy it and I know I won't be able to resist playing into the wee hours if I install it.

Good luck on your exams!
  • Options
    Actually, I can't wait to get it. I just have to put it off until after we return from our carefully planned vacation. Besides having to pay a deposit for each new pup, we're also having to pay for a couple nights at the General Morgan Inn. Normally when we travel we used points earned and accumulated through my husbands frequent business trips. But, the Family Reunion is centered at the General Morgan, and a family discount is offered, so we'll be staying there. Which is better, since some of the day's events begin rather early. Saturday morning's begins at 8:15 AM. I'm not inclined to miss the bus, either. LOL Sunday's day begins at 8:00 AM. ;)

It sounds pretty carefully planned