Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next GP possibly an Island pack?

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The interesting thing is that neither of our vacations are really vacations. Your Sims don't go on them to relax but to have a change in gameplay. If I wanted to relax I could just put them in Sleep for three days.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,402 Member
    edited June 2018
    These things are missing in EP05 Seasons :
    • Lounge chair
    • Sunburn / Suntan
    • Sunbathing
    • Beach lot
    • Ocean swimming
    • Aqualounge

I imagine they keep them for a Summer Vacation pack.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I suspect they won't do an island pack right after a vacation pack and a seasons/weather pack. I'm guessing whatever's next is in some other category entirely.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,505 Member
    I suspect they won't do an island pack right after a vacation pack and a seasons/weather pack. I'm guessing whatever's next is in some other category entirely.

Even if they don't I hope a Pool Stuffpack is coming Next Quarter cause we need more items for pools. Seasons is adding pool parties.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Since the last vacation pack was more recent than the last occult pack, I think witches would make more as the next GP. I know some people who are keen on witches and would like another life state.
    Jungle Adventure in my opinion is the furthest thing from a vacation pack its about exploring its a chance card adventure no real vacation aspect to that pack who goes tomb hunting on vacation.

At this point I'd be happy with just about anything but witches we just got a supernatural last year we need other themes covered in game packs.

Yes, that's how I feel about JA, too.

JA and GF are so similar to me, exploration, jungle in exchange for forests, more collections.

I'm really hoping for something different that feels like more of a luxury vacation: ski resort, tropical resort, even a dude ranch or something.

Jungle Adventures might not include the activities you'd personally do on vacation, but everyone's vacations are different. I've never been to a ski resort or a ranch, and as an adult, the idea of a beach holiday seems hellishly boring. Give me museums, sightseeing and shopping. Personal tastes aside, the pack still includes a destination would and provides a break (vacation) from regular gameplay. It's a vacation pack. I wouldn't expect any more destination worlds for a little while.

Vampires was over a year ago, and besides the bloodsuckers themselves, the occult players have mere scraps to toy with right now. It's about time to add in something fresh to the supernatural playstyle.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's possible (and likely) I'm reading waayyy too much into things, but today SimGuruGeorge and SimGuruRad posted the new tshirt designs for EAPlay on Twitter. While half were Seasons, the other half are all color variations of a sims hula dancer, unless that's related to Sims Mobile/Freeplay in some way or something previous, but I can't find it. They're not going to showcase a sim doing something sims can't do. I noticed in April that SimGuruNinja, one of the gamepack gurus, said he'd choose Isla Paradiso as the Sims place he'd choose to live forever in. Also a couple months back, notorious troll SimGuruGeorge posted a pic of cupcakes for the office, and all were ocean/sea shell themed. Although all the hype is for Seasons right now, I realized we're due for a Gamepack soon. So...Island Vacation pack? Maybe, hopefully? :D Or I'm just suffering a severe case of confirmation bias.

I think your right. Lately there have been a lot of beach themes.
    Eliharb wrote: »
    A beach pack being next would make sense since it would compliment Seasons.

While I do think it would make sense to follow up with an island world where you could go to the beach, I don't think they would do it so soon because of how people reacted to the "my first pet" pack. They'd probably release Witches GP near september/october as halloween would be coming up.

People will relate anything to anything, there already relating my first pet stuff to spooky stuff for seasons.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    As much as I love the idea and as much as I'd love a tropical beach to be the next GP, strategically for them it wouldn't make much sense. The last GP they released was a vacation world and I assume they won't do 2 in a row. Unless is not a vacation world but a proper one, but then that would be too big for the GP team to handle.
    And hints for witches or some sort of magic have been dropping left and right so I am pretty sure that that will be the next GP.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Simsfreak58Simsfreak58 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @bizuktag said:
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > Personally, I don't want a huge amusement park pack. I would rather have an old fashioned traveling-type carnival with the clown and spooky roller coasters from S1 and a small, rickety Ferris wheel and all those sideshows and carney games to win cheap prizes. I think those would offer a lot more fun than a huge amusement park.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Agreed! Mostly because I don't think the game could do an amusement park justice. I don't want to wander around an amusement park with only 20 sims in it, feeling like it's lifeless and fake. Whereas a carnival/fairground is smaller and doesn't need quite as many crowds.
    >
    > I'd still hope for an island/beach pack first, though.

A Zoo Park would be nice. You could add amusement rides to that. Also a Petting Zoo.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited June 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Wait, I thought you said the next GP was a witches GP. Or an amusement park GP. Or......... :D

Maybe I was wrong but they could include a small amusement park with a beach pack.

So we could have something like the Santa Monica Pier ? I like that idea.

I'd like a beach GP or EP, with a vacation world.
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    It's possible (and likely) I'm reading waayyy too much into things, but today SimGuruGeorge and SimGuruRad posted the new tshirt designs for EAPlay on Twitter. While half were Seasons, the other half are all color variations of a sims hula dancer, unless that's related to Sims Mobile/Freeplay in some way or something previous, but I can't find it. They're not going to showcase a sim doing something sims can't do. I noticed in April that SimGuruNinja, one of the gamepack gurus, said he'd choose Isla Paradiso as the Sims place he'd choose to live forever in. Also a couple months back, notorious troll SimGuruGeorge posted a pic of cupcakes for the office, and all were ocean/sea shell themed. Although all the hype is for Seasons right now, I realized we're due for a Gamepack soon. So...Island Vacation pack? Maybe, hopefully? :D Or I'm just suffering a severe case of confirmation bias.

Please EA make a tropical game pack for the Sims 4, It's one of the things I want most and I'm sure a lot of people want it too. The Sims 3 Island Paradise was a success, I bet the Sims 4 island themed pack would be a success too. Include surfing, yachts, things that weren't in previous sims games, it would be so much fun o:)
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    One thing I hope for is a sims version of Kanaval... oooh that seems like so much fun!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2018
    would take supernatural over a holiday destination, I mean we just had a holiday pack. don't want to see another just yet. though a new idea would be a welcome to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    If you believe in hints there's been far more hints that the next GP is most likely to be a Witches one. However who knows what the team will actually do they've surprised us in the past.

A beach pack being next would make sense since it would compliment Seasons.

we just had a holiday pack though :#

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    would take supernatural over a holiday destination, I mean we just had a holiday pack. don't want to see another just yet. though a new idea would be a welcome to

I think the next GP is more likely to be witches. There is a pseudo pattern in the game packs with supernaturals, real life play, and vacation worlds, and supernaturals are the only category that dont have 2 GPs yet.
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    I agree with everyone saying an island vacation world is probably not next because we've just got weather and just had a vacation pack before it. But then again, they really surprised us with pet stuff :| right after pets.. so ya never know. I would LOVE a pool stuff pack with cute rafts and the ability to just do more while in the water. Would be great! Also, tanning. And laying on towels =)
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I would hope Farming comes first.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

IDK... Get Together and City Living used to be the same pack in Sims 3.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Barnacle Bay returns...

I remember that some people found icons in the game files last year that hinted Cats & Dogs, Seaons, Firefighters, Cops, Robbers, Barnacle Bay-ish stuff (pirates, treasures) + beach stuff and other things...
  • Options
    everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    I need a beach and I need mermaids. Pirates would be nice too. Oooh. Driveable boathouses would be awesome! Maybe even a driveable pirate ship!
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Personally, if a seaside theme pack was to be added, I'd rather something like this:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941706/gothic-seaside-holiday-and-carnival

You've already got a hot, tropical jungle destination in Selvadorada. It's time for an unpleasantly English, gothic seaside town. Or maybe somewhere wintery. What about an Aussie alpine getaway?

Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there was to be a pool/beach stuff pack added.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited June 2018
    These things are missing in EP05 Seasons :
    • Lounge chair
    • Sunburn / Suntan
    • Sunbathing
    • Beach lot
    • Ocean swimming
    • Aqualounge

I imagine they keep them for a Summer Vacation pack.

Wouldn't mind this at all. As long as we get a new world/mini world like vampires. They could add an island with a beach and rockclimbing, and some fire shows/beach entertainment like in Bon Voyage. Remember: Selvadorada had a jungle zone with no loading screens, and different places you "teleport" to. I'd like this done on an island setting, or some beautiful Bali-like place with super clear waters and beautiful sunsets.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    simlover5521simlover5521 Posts: 17 Member
    If this is true I'm kind of hoping for something like the Apocalypse challenge where you 'repopulate' an area that's been abandoned. But a regular holiday is still something I want to see, maybe some kind of tropical resort of a skiing resort.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can't see the next GP being another vacation pack, that would be two in a row. I'd appreciate more variety than that.

I'm all for an island vacation pack coming out sometime but they don't need to push similar packs back to back.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I kinda don't want a vacation pack right now... We just recently got JA and I don't really visit in any of the vacation places anyway :'D