Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I'm curious as to Grant saying most worlds have a place where ice rinks appear - if your whole world if full up with lot types like residential, spas, restaurants, without leaving any empty lots, then it's not going to appear on a lot in that world is it? Maybe it'll appear in public space surrounding lots, but that seems a bit weird.

Magnolia Promenade, for example, has a huge green, empty park next to the buildable lots where a rink would fit perfectly. I hope they have been smart enough to place one there. Then my parents can shop at the stores while the kiddies skate. Then, they all meet up for a food stall snack before heading home.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I'm curious as to Grant saying most worlds have a place where ice rinks appear - if your whole world if full up with lot types like residential, spas, restaurants, without leaving any empty lots, then it's not going to appear on a lot in that world is it? Maybe it'll appear in public space surrounding lots, but that seems a bit weird.
    If I recall correctly they said they edited some of the worlds, so to me it sounds like they somehow added spots for the rinks to appear without us needing to clear space. I guess it'll work like the TS3 festival lots (except that we can't choose where we want it or edit it)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Both parks WC and OS, have large, open areas where a rink would fit nicely off to the side of the park lot.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I wonder what he means by "they are objects, but also more than that". Do you think maybe we can edit their size, or combine several of them, or something like that? Or maybe they change from skating rink to ice skating rink depending on the season if they are outside?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    some of the gurus have said that 'public' areas in different worlds change with each season, and i'm guessing that some of those will be where the automatic skating rinks appear.

this picture from the trailer, the area in the foreground where they're making snow angels and such, which also has a cocoa stand, is the fishing spot in front of the 50x50 lot in willow creek's two-household neighborhood (next door to the spencer-kim-lewis family)
    3140313ce278a408b90c56e4fd0d0120.jpg

obviously not big enough for anything like the skating rinks, but the fact that it has the seasonal stand is interesting. was trying to find the similar location used early on, where the flower bunny was, but can't quickly find a spot that matches the background. almost looks like the big, open park area in the northwest corner of newcrest, with the grills, picnic tables and monkey bars, but the nearby buildings are a bit different

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    ^ I'd be curious to see if anything like this pops up in FH.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member

I sure hope so, because those 2 chess boards are never used by townies, all they do daily is walking around, Nobody except my own Sim touches the chess board. I wish there was a way to add more stuff there in the town center.
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    some of the gurus have said that 'public' areas in different worlds change with each season, and i'm guessing that some of those will be where the automatic skating rinks appear.

this picture from the trailer, the area in the foreground where they're making snow angels and such, which also has a cocoa stand, is the fishing spot in front of the 50x50 lot in willow creek's two-household neighborhood (next door to the spencer-kim-lewis family)
    3140313ce278a408b90c56e4fd0d0120.jpg

obviously not big enough for anything like the skating rinks, but the fact that it has the seasonal stand is interesting. was trying to find the similar location used early on, where the flower bunny was, but can't quickly find a spot that matches the background. almost looks like the big, open park area in the northwest corner of newcrest, with the grills, picnic tables and monkey bars, but the nearby buildings are a bit different

It is indeed the area in front of the big 50 x 50 lot in Willow Creek!

z6ep7Wf.png
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    JadeeeJadeee Posts: 1 New Member
    Will there be an option to create outfits for the seasons in CAS such as create spring party or winter party etc without having to keep going into CAS every season to switch out their outfits?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    I wonder what he means by "they are objects, but also more than that". Do you think maybe we can edit their size, or combine several of them, or something like that? Or maybe they change from skating rink to ice skating rink depending on the season if they are outside?

I believe they change depending on the season.
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

I sure hope so, because those 2 chess boards are never used by townies, all they do daily is walking around, Nobody except my own Sim touches the chess board. I wish there was a way to add more stuff there in the town center.

I have an issue with Vlad using the chess board by himself..during the day...and catches fire and dies and never thinks to stop playing chess. :s I think he's the only one who uses it.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited June 2018
    @luthienrising SimGuruEmory dropped this! A full calendar picture!!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruEmory/status/1005102692513898503/photo/1
    For the love of Plums why does this never work for me son of a Biscuit!?!
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

Grant just shared a video that shows 3D snow in the air (I know it's already confirmed not to be a screen FX overlay but still thought I'd share).
  • Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    I'm glad we're gonna see beehives again, i really miss them. I wonder if we'll make candles from the beeswax this time.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 2018
    bizuktag wrote: »

Grant just shared a video that shows 3D snow in the air (I know it's already confirmed not to be a screen FX overlay but still thought I'd share).

Looks awesome! Less than 14 days to winter!

giphy.gif
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
  • Options
    I'm glad we're gonna see beehives again, i really miss them. I wonder if we'll make candles from the beeswax this time.

That's one thing I want in a FARM pack, crafting. Our sims can take animal byproducts like honey, and use it to make other things to use or sell.
  • Options
    k_gennak_genna Posts: 160 Member
    I'm curious as to how holiday's will affect the festivals. Since holiday's are done or acknowledged worldwide, will festivals be canceled if they fall on a holiday? Soooo curious.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

Okay, that Easter Bunny (or I guess Flower Bunny) holding the toddler is super cute :)

• Options
    If the Flower Bunny is an NPC, I wonder how you get it to come visit. And that giant gnome, is that a NPC too, or a sim in a costume. I read somewhere in a tweet (I think), someone mentioned an evil gnome. Is he an evil gnome. Maybe the bunny comes when you're sad to make you happy and the evil gnome comes when you're happy to make you sad.

No proof one way or the other, just conjecture.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »

Looks awesome! Less than 14 days to winter!

The snow looks great but... Is that a swing set that I see? :smile:
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    nope, totally no swings coming. nope, none at all. this is just a fig newton of your imagination:
    cb593330255be4487469d81cf0e6f48b.jpg
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    nope, totally no swings coming. nope, none at all. this is just a fig newton of your imagination:
    cb593330255be4487469d81cf0e6f48b.jpg

WAAAAAAANT....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top