Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Ohhhhh !!!!!!!!! THIS just made my day :love::love::love:

Uch can't this pack just release right after EA Play? I just kinda need it. :D

• ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Ohhhhh !!!!!!!!! THIS just made my day :love::love::love:

Uch can't this pack just release right after EA Play? I just kinda need it. :D

Oh wow! I had already mentally written trick or treating out of this game! Score!
    Me too @ShaddBoi !!! Although there appears to be some confusion as to whether our kids can actually go trick or treating which has kinda gotten me confused: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941294/kids-can-come-trick-or-treating#latest

We'll find out I guess =)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Me too @ShaddBoi !!! Although there appears to be some confusion as to whether our kids can actually go trick or treating which has kinda gotten me confused: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941294/kids-can-come-trick-or-treating#latest

I'm pretty sure the structure of the q&a there means that kids can't *go* trick or treating, but will be happy to be shown as wrong :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Yeah I'm really curious. I kind of wrote it off already because I figured the kids would have to go house to house, which means a load screen every time. Which is fine with me...just figured they may think a lot of folks would complain about this and just not do it.

Good news is only 13 days to go!!
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    loutredor wrote: »

There probably is. Sixam is an alien planet and SG is a magical world i think so it makes sense that there is no weather there.

I'm pretty sure the structure of the q&a there means that kids can't *go* trick or treating, but will be happy to be shown as wrong :)

Yes I think you're right. And it will still be a nice touch to have them at least come trick or treating! Plus, like @ShaddBoi said it'd probably be hard to do with the loading screens
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    I have aging off. So, I can just have an unofficial birthday party and not have the Sim blow out the candles?

Is that how it will still work?
    4kkjdXo.png

I have aging off. So, I can just have an unofficial birthday party and not have the Sim blow out the candles?

Is that how it will still work?

I think that's what I read. I think it said you can schedule a birthday holiday at any time, and kind of act like its a birthday. But, in order to age your sims up from to the next level, I think you still have to do the cake thing like we have been doing.

Hope this is true---this way I don't have to age sims up to the next generation level from year to year!
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Can we have consecutive holidays? I asked about summer vacations on Twitter & didn't get an official answer, but someone else said we could create a holiday for it, but can we do it for the whole week?

My understanding is that a holiday is a single day but you can have a holiday every day if you want. So you could make a week of holidays that way.

Cool, I'll make the whole year a holiday & they'll never have to go to work! B)
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    Thanks a lot @ShaddBoi B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Will festivals in City Life be affected by Seasons?
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Can we have consecutive holidays? I asked about summer vacations on Twitter & didn't get an official answer, but someone else said we could create a holiday for it, but can we do it for the whole week?

Also are we going to finally see all the build/buy & CAS objects this weekend, and with no world, I hope they're going to include lots of pre-made lots, for us non-builders. I've got my new save for this planned out as much as I can without knowing exactly what we're getting.

I believe you can create a holiday "Summertime" where kids are out of school and repeat it everyday on the calendar for a year if that's what you want to do.

You can do this create your own series of holiday days that can go on for as long as you want it to but adults will also be out of work for this time as well as there only appears to be one click box for no work/school not separate ones for kids and adults.
    ~ ~ ~
    I have one more question.
    One of the gurus said:
    "Most worlds have a place where they [ice rinks and roller rinks appear."
    What about if we already built stuff ourselves on community lots? I don't want to lose all the builds that I've built and my Sims really like and go there regularly.
    or
    Will it be optional to add rinks in a specific place, like in TS3? I already have space for ice rinks and roller rinks cleared in specific parts of my builds.
    4kkjdXo.png

• SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks a lot @ShaddBoi B)!

Quite welcome :smiley:

Just counting the days...
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2018
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    One of the gurus said:
    What about if we already built stuff ourselves on community lots? I don't want to lose all the builds that I've built and my Sims really like and go there regularly.
    or
    Will it be optional to add rinks in a specific place, like in TS3? I already have space for ice rinks and roller rinks cleared in specific parts of my builds.

From everything we've seen it seems they will appear on the empty spaces in maps that we can't actually edit ourselves not necessarily on actual community lots. So like those little corner park areas in a neighborhood.
    ~ ~ ~
    Thank you very much @3KNPen B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    One of the gurus said:
    or

From everything we've seen it seems they will appear on the empty spaces in maps that we can't actually edit ourselves not necessarily on actual community lots. So like those little corner park areas in a neighborhood.
    That's my thought too because they especially said they edited most worlds so it sounds like rinks (and food stalls?) will pop up on places we can't edit.

Though it was also confirmed we can buy the rinks:

So we can definitely buy them (and maybe they'll change with seasons?) and place them ourselves, but it's possible they already placed some in the worlds.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Thanks for the new stuff, guys :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I am SO excited for the trick-or-treaters. I'm honestly surprised that got added!!! Ugh why can't it just be June 22nd already :cry:
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm so happy to have trick or treaters. I wrote it off for this game because of the structure but having them come to the house is super cool even if my kids can't.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top