Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which gender do you play the most?

So I have found that I mostly play with female sins because I fail miserably at even knowing how to create a decent Male sim
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    You’re most likely going to catch me playing a female sim, just because they end up being like me

If I’m playing a male, it’s because it’s her kid lol

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I only play guys :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I mostly play with male Sims
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ghostpostghostpost Posts: 42 Member
    I play with both and although I usually have more fun with male sims, I lean towards female sims more often. They're a lot easier to customise since they have many more options (and I've also only made ONE good-looking male sim ever but shhh).
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I start my saves with female sims and then I play with her children so I am perfectly fine with male either.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I play both but a lot of times it is because of how many kids my sims have or it's from rotating, I like them equally though :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I mostly create male Sims because I'm terrible at making decent looking female Sims, but my favourite Sims overall tend to be female, usually from the Sims that I have had born in game.

I've made like 2 female Sims that I like the look of, and I have way too many males in my library
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I recently realized that I mostly start out my legacies with female sims, but I actually tend to like playing male sims better. Almost all of my favorite sims that I’ve made or have been born in game have been guys. I’m not sure why!! I just love my boys :’)
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    I usually start legacies with female sims, and I like creating female sims more. Maybe it's because I am a female? I don't know.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Often create female sims and start there, but once a family starts growing it’s anybody’s best guess.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    So I have found that I mostly play with female sins [...]

You sinful simmer! >:):D

I also play mostly with female sims, not because I want to, but because I tend to make sims based on friends, family members, and fictional characters that I like, and most of them happen to be female. For example, my sister and I are female, just like four of my six cousins, and the Bennet family from Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice consists of a couple with five daughters... so yeah. Female for me.

I have recently been thinking about how to change that, though. Maybe my Bennets will get a gender-reversed counterpart with five sons instead of daugthers, that should be interesting, and it would definitely help the male population of my sim world.
  • Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    I usually play girls that can get other girls pregnant, partly because creating girl sims is easier, and partly because I don't like dealing with all the babies I create. :lol:
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,477 Member
    I create a lot of males but lately I’ve been going back to playing as females. I didn’t like a lot of their clothing but I recently I started to like some of their clothing so I decided to go back and use new ones and not the same old ones.
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    I mostly play with female Sims because, as a gay male IRL, I tend to make all my male sims gay. And there is nothing wrong with that, but I like straight family play too.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    i play mostly female sims.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Female.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »
    I mostly play with female Sims because, as a gay male IRL, I tend to make all my male sims gay. And there is nothing wrong with that, but I like straight family play too.

::g:: In my legacy family, men basically functioned as fathers brought in to keep the generations going. (They'd get moved out as soon as the deed was done.) Then, I discovered the gender options, and men were in real trouble. (Though actually, at the moment, I'm taking a break with a male couple that is going around the worlds collecting stuff.) I did have one husband I kept around - he was doing the political activism career, and he was just too cute to farm off.

I've enjoyed playing female couples more in this version of the Sims than in previous ones. I'm more invested in their relationship - it feels more real.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I play male sims more often than female sims but in more slapstick, dark comedy, and stereotypical ways. I think it's also kind of conditioned in me as I grew up reading sci-fi, fantasy and adventure where males were more often the protagonist and I tend to put them in that role in my sim stories.
    When I play female sims they tend to be more like-able and down to earth, nurturing and productive. I usually play "good" with female sims. I do that with male sims too, but they just happen to keep their shirt off more often.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I mostly play male sims, although children tend to be female.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I actually play both genders equally with no preference. My real life gender doesn't have any impact on how I play or what I gravitate towards since none of my sims are me. They are more like friends or various quirky characters doing different things.

I can relate to both my male and female sims equally. They all have different personalities. Some are straight, some are gay. None are me. Lol. No, I wouldn't date most of them either. Maybe one or two.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Mostly starting the game with females but it gets equal later then.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    sivansivan Posts: 24 Member
    female... there is alot more opitions for me with the females
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Er I'd say more female, but if only by a small margin.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,232 Member
    Mostly female sims, probably. I always struggle deciding how to dress my males and know I have certain biases there, which I'm trying to break free of.
    image.png
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    50/50. I like playing them both. If I make a female Sim i make make a male next time I am in CAS. I just like to keep the balance I guess. Most of my Sims start out single and I enjoy playing the boy/girlfriend to level them up in skills and career so when they finally make the leap to live together or get married I am not starting from the beginning with their careers, money, skills, friendships, clubs, etc.