Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    So pools may get frozen/semi-frozen?

Lol at the nudist club :D Be a bit chilly for them!

No just cold

Yep. IRL, "polar bear dip" in a lot of places doesn't require frozen water, just really cold water. Where I am, if the lake is actually freezing over (which doesn't happen a lot but did this year), the polar bear dip public events get cancelled, for safety reasons!

yeah here they just jump in the sea.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mika wrote: »

I don't understand why the invites wouldn't work, or would need to be redone. This is disappointing and makes me worry if they'll continue to cut features from older packs in order to add new ones.

I wonder if he could have meant new invites eg a sim invites yours to a New Year's Party. I hope the club invites aren't really getting cut.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    wow....new info is flying in from so many angles right now I can barely keep up. The gurus seem to be as excited about sharing what they know as we are to know EVERYTHING. We are all like kids right now, excited to open our new toy and play. Calendars, holidays, traditions, gift giving. Gosh. I am looking forward to all of it. Especially the thunder and lightning storms and the snow. And I wonder what news they are planning on sharing with us today after seeing that small teaser on SimsVIP? Hmmmm. Did they make that just to highlight the new gift-giving option?

I haven't seen anything new about gift giving.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I can see why pop-up invites wouldn't be a part of anyone's calendar, that's why they're called POP-UPS, no advanced warning.

As for holidays, I would think your sim could invite other sims to a holiday feast (note Vlad in the blog) but them inviting you might be too problematic. Would it just be you and not the whole household (that's rude), what if your sim is hosting a gathering (sorry, too busy out doing your little party), etc.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I don't understand why the invites wouldn't work, or would need to be redone. This is disappointing and makes me worry if they'll continue to cut features from older packs in order to add new ones.

I wonder if he could have meant new invites eg a sim invites yours to a New Year's Party. I hope the club invites aren't really getting cut.

they aren't here's the other part of that tweet @catloverplayer

more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018

Beacuse once you get an invite your sim will be transferred to that invite directly, no mater what you have planing and even if they are inviting you for tonight you wil be transferred directly right in middle of the morning, so it's quite in compatible with the calendar so they decided to leave it as is

But they could have allowed us to reschedule the invite by choosing a new time on the calendar or something. That would prevent being transferred instantly.

They left it as is because they decided to use the development time elsewhere.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I hope we're getting another trailer in the next 10 minutes. I need more than the occasional tweet, I'm so hyped for seasons
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Looks like they added new reward store traits. It's been a while.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2018

Awesome! Some things to look for in that:
    - Season-by-season with a focus on the built-in holidays
    - pause to look at what's visible of the custom holiday options :)
    - Love Day stuff, for @catloverplayer :)
    - a bit of leafpile woohoo
    - ... and as @icmnfrsh notes, new reward traits! looks like a pile of them
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think there really might be an easter egg hunt? Kinda looks like it. And you can actually gift your own flowers & even set it as a holiday tradition for your custom-made holidays <3

Also we can choose if holidays are actual vacation days off work/school. I'm sooooo excited about that too :love:
    iwDcfFj.png
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    So excited about all this new info! :D I can't wait to download the game!

I don't really mind, but it'd be cool if we could at least give a rain check.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I couldn't help but notice there are icons for events on the calendar that evoke Easter and Hallowe'en.
    T6lObOQ.jpg5rsoEZX.jpg

But then nothing has been said about the activities specific to those holidays yet, like looking for eggs or go trick or treating. I wonder what we will be able to do to celebrate those events?
    At the very end there is a party that looks like it was thrown for Hallowe'en, and... the scarecrow is alive and walking! It could just be a costume but I think it might be one of the "special guests"!
    TlDKWp5.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I think there really might be an easter egg hunt? Kinda looks like it. And you can actually gift your own flowers & even set it as a holiday tradition for your custom-made holidays <3

Also we can choose if holidays are actual vacation days off work/school. I'm sooooo excited about that too :love:
    iwDcfFj.png

Looks like it. Somewhere near the beginning there's a hollowed out log and a kid is searching inside it. Nearby there's also a painted egg.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    I'm loving this bed!!

bLtvJaZ.jpg

And the wall plants !!!!!!!!!! I think they are all in an object I wish they were separate objects but it looks amazing anyway ( ;u;)

98uq17A.jpg

I'm sure one of our awesome modders will be able separate them from the display. :)
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    I couldn't help but notice there are icons for events on the calendar that evoke Easter and Hallowe'en.
    T6lObOQ.jpg5rsoEZX.jpg

But then nothing has been said about the activities specific to those holidays yet, like looking for eggs or go trick or treating. I wonder what we will be able to do to celebrate those events?
    At the very end there is a party that looks like it was thrown for Hallowe'en, and... the scarecrow is alive and walking! It could just be a costume but I think it might be one of the "special guests"!
    TlDKWp5.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's just a Halloween costume but I wish it was him for real because I LOVE THIS CHARACTER so much
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

iwDcfFj.png

Looks like it. Somewhere near the beginning there's a hollowed out log and a kid is searching inside it. Nearby there's also a painted egg.

EGGsactly! I hope so, honestly.

Alsoooo, love how this sim is tripping on the ice :lol:
    NkA4qVu.png
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    I'm loving this bed!!

bLtvJaZ.jpg

And the wall plants !!!!!!!!!! I think they are all in an object I wish they were separate objects but it looks amazing anyway ( ;u;)

98uq17A.jpg

I'm sure one of our awesome modders will be able separate them from the display. :)

I'm trying to avoid CC lately because it makes my game slower but I think I might get these ones if they separate them because they look suuuuuuper good
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Woah!! The calendar is amazing. You can gift flower arrangements, yessss! Will be so cute. And spoiled food! HA.
    The tradition list looks pretty long, I wonder what else is on there! Also glad there's more reward traits.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    The woman talking in the trailer said you could make sims bouquets, maybe you could hold one at a wedding
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Super happy to see (at the 1 min 23 mark) that we can choose whether sims get the day off work or not. I don't want them always having the day off.
    Gallery ID: babysquare

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top