Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    Oh and the frozen over water looks so good!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,918 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I think there really might be an easter egg hunt? Kinda looks like it. And you can actually gift your own flowers & even set it as a holiday tradition for your custom-made holidays <3

Also we can choose if holidays are actual vacation days off work/school. I'm sooooo excited about that too :love:
    iwDcfFj.png

Looks like it. Somewhere near the beginning there's a hollowed out log and a kid is searching inside it. Nearby there's also a painted egg.

EGGsactly! I hope so, honestly.

Alsoooo, love how this sim is tripping on the ice :lol:
    NkA4qVu.png

Yes! I posted a few days ago that I hoped they would slip and fall. :p
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I think there really might be an easter egg hunt? Kinda looks like it. And you can actually gift your own flowers & even set it as a holiday tradition for your custom-made holidays <3

Also we can choose if holidays are actual vacation days off work/school. I'm sooooo excited about that too :love:
    iwDcfFj.png

Looks like it. Somewhere near the beginning there's a hollowed out log and a kid is searching inside it. Nearby there's also a painted egg.

NkA4qVu.png

Yes! I posted a few days ago that I hoped they would slip and fall. :p

Well it's awesome xD Glad you got your wish .. poor sims!
  • Options
    KJB wrote: »
    Woah!! The calendar is amazing. You can gift flower arrangements, yessss! Will be so cute. And spoiled food! HA.
    The tradition list looks pretty long, I wonder what else is on there! Also glad there's more reward traits.

Wonder if we can gift dog poo? :p I have so much in my sim's inventory for fertilizing plants.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

iwDcfFj.png

NkA4qVu.png

If you look at in the trailer you'll see that the sim falls when the wind start to blowing.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2018

iwDcfFj.png

I am glad that we can choose if it’s a day off work school however I wish they were separate caregories. I plan to use this to homeschool my sims kids in some saves but it would be nice if I could still have working adults as well. Or to simulate summer vacation. Still it’s doable to have the adults work from home and certainly better then having to cheat or use mods.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    KJB wrote: »
    Woah!! The calendar is amazing. You can gift flower arrangements, yessss! Will be so cute. And spoiled food! HA.
    The tradition list looks pretty long, I wonder what else is on there! Also glad there's more reward traits.

Wonder if we can gift dog poo? :p I have so much in my sim's inventory for fertilizing plants.

I hope sims will have appropriate reactions to gifts like (ie you lose friendship with the sim you give poo to or you gain friendship for gifting a sim a computer or something.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    First off, the calendar looks even more awesome in the trailer. I also love how you can decide whether or not sims are out of school/off work for the holidays. That's good because my sims will not be getting Halloween off, haha. I also love how you can choose which traditions go with each holiday and from the video it looks like we will have lots to choose from.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I wanted them to toggle the decoration theme drop down so bad. I'm really curious exactly how that will function.
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »

iwDcfFj.png

I am glad that we can choose if it’s a day off work school however I wish they were separate caregories. I plan to use this to homeschool my sims kids in some saves but it would be nice if I could still have working adults as well. Or to simulate summer vacation. Still it’s doable to have the adults work from home and certainly better then having to cheat or use mods.

Yes it would have been nice to have the option to select one or both
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    3KNPen wrote: »

iwDcfFj.png

At the very least, I hope we can click the Go to Work button to force the adults to go.

*Whoops, sorry Luth. I didn't realize what thread this was when I posted.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member

iwDcfFj.png

FINALLY!! A REAL NEW YEAR CELEBRATION! That fireworks item from City Living will now be properly used. Ugh. Can't wait!!!
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Although this was to answer a question about a watching sports on TV tradition, I'm more hyped about the decoration info at the top.

So the decoration box works the way I imagined, except it's to decorate the exterior rather than interior. Sounds like they will be automated if we choose 'Decoration Theme,' or customized further using the buy mode box.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Has anyone asked how many traditions there are?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Has anyone asked how many traditions there are?

I asked yesterday. No answer so far.
  • Options
    ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    I had to watch the trailer multiple times, but I love how people here pick different things from it I hadn't even noticed. The calendar system seems great, I just wonder if it's the same calendar and time for all the households or can we celebrate winterfest in different households.

Also, I really wanna know more about all the possible traditions. Love how multiple toddlers and parents can use the kiddie pool at the same time. And that scarecrow doesn't seem quite like normal sim... I wonder what it can do :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    RubyDooRubyDoo Posts: 153 Member
    Can someone ask if couples can skate together like they did in 2 and 3? I didn’t see it in the trailer although I might have missed it
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    Lol. Didn't even know we could collect it and use it for fertiliser.

I wonder if decorating the house is just a fake kind of thing - you can see a sim mooching through a box of decorations before a load of stuff appears on the walls - wonder if that is instant and random or we still have to decorate it ourselves.
    I love the new toddler swimwear, seen while they are playing in the paddling pool.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    https://youtu.be/Il9mN_Hv4RM?t=18
    If you look at 0:17 in the trailer we can see that the toddlers can play in the snow!!
    UfXOS7r.png
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    loutredor wrote: »
    I couldn't help but notice there are icons for events on the calendar that evoke Easter and Hallowe'en.
    T6lObOQ.jpg5rsoEZX.jpg

But then nothing has been said about the activities specific to those holidays yet, like looking for eggs or go trick or treating. I wonder what we will be able to do to celebrate those events?
    At the very end there is a party that looks like it was thrown for Hallowe'en, and... the scarecrow is alive and walking! It could just be a costume but I think it might be one of the "special guests"!
    TlDKWp5.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's just a Halloween costume but I wish it was him for real because I LOVE THIS CHARACTER so much

Not just a costume. The scarecrow can really come to life.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top