Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next GP possibly an Island pack?

PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
It's possible (and likely) I'm reading waayyy too much into things, but today SimGuruGeorge and SimGuruRad posted the new tshirt designs for EAPlay on Twitter. While half were Seasons, the other half are all color variations of a sims hula dancer, unless that's related to Sims Mobile/Freeplay in some way or something previous, but I can't find it. They're not going to showcase a sim doing something sims can't do. I noticed in April that SimGuruNinja, one of the gamepack gurus, said he'd choose Isla Paradiso as the Sims place he'd choose to live forever in. Also a couple months back, notorious troll SimGuruGeorge posted a pic of cupcakes for the office, and all were ocean/sea shell themed. Although all the hype is for Seasons right now, I realized we're due for a Gamepack soon. So...Island Vacation pack? Maybe, hopefully? :D Or I'm just suffering a severe case of confirmation bias.

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    If you believe in hints there's been far more hints that the next GP is most likely to be a Witches one. However who knows what the team will actually do they've surprised us in the past.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    That would be super awesome! I adored Isla Paradiso despite all the glitches. I just felt so happy playing there with my mermaids and witches.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It sounds more like the next pack is about creating your own tee shirts.
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    I would love a nice tropical Island getaway!
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    It's possible (and likely) I'm reading waayyy too much into things, but today SimGuruGeorge and SimGuruRad posted the new tshirt designs for EAPlay on Twitter. While half were Seasons, the other half are all color variations of a sims hula dancer, unless that's related to Sims Mobile/Freeplay in some way or something previous, but I can't find it. They're not going to showcase a sim doing something sims can't do. I noticed in April that SimGuruNinja, one of the gamepack gurus, said he'd choose Isla Paradiso as the Sims place he'd choose to live forever in. Also a couple months back, notorious troll SimGuruGeorge posted a pic of cupcakes for the office, and all were ocean/sea shell themed. Although all the hype is for Seasons right now, I realized we're due for a Gamepack soon. So...Island Vacation pack? Maybe, hopefully? :D Or I'm just suffering a severe case of confirmation bias.

I just noticed this and tweeted on Twitter
  • Options
    Wait, I thought you said the next GP was a witches GP. Or an amusement park GP. Or......... :D
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    If you believe in hints there's been far more hints that the next GP is most likely to be a Witches one. However who knows what the team will actually do they've surprised us in the past.

A beach pack being next would make sense since it would compliment Seasons.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Wait, I thought you said the next GP was a witches GP. Or an amusement park GP. Or......... :D

Maybe I was wrong but they could include a small amusement park with a beach pack.
  • Options
    Personally, I don't want a huge amusement park pack. I would rather have an old fashioned traveling-type carnival with the clown and spooky roller coasters from S1 and a small, rickety Ferris wheel and all those sideshows and carney games to win cheap prizes. I think those would offer a lot more fun than a huge amusement park.
  • Options
    Personally, I don't want a huge amusement park pack. I would rather have an old fashioned traveling-type carnival with the clown and spooky roller coasters from S1 and a small, rickety Ferris wheel and all those sideshows and carney games to win cheap prizes. I think those would offer a lot more fun than a huge amusement park.

I'm down for this as long as it adds carousels. I've been begging for ferris wheels since TS3 and I hope it will also add rollercoasters.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I'm down for this as long as it adds carousels. I've been begging for ferris wheels since TS3 and I hope it will also add rollercoasters.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2018
    3KNPen wrote: »

They’ve already released a vacation based GP this year I doubt they’ll release another so soon. Also the next GP is probably not going to drop until fall sometime so a little late for a Seasons tie-in. If anything I could see a Pool Stuff Pack to tie in with seasons. Though I don’t know that they’d do that so soon after the My First Pets Decable.

Witches has had hints in several of the last packs so I still feel that’s much more likely.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 553 Member

Agreed! Mostly because I don't think the game could do an amusement park justice. I don't want to wander around an amusement park with only 20 sims in it, feeling like it's lifeless and fake. Whereas a carnival/fairground is smaller and doesn't need quite as many crowds.

I'd still hope for an island/beach pack first, though.
  • Options
    Maybe they could add it to a Magic EP and it would be a little spooky or weird and, during the day seems perfectly normal, but at night, turns a little twisted and odd. There could be the nice fortune teller during the day that, at night, sell curses or charms or turns sims into frogs. A carousel with pretty horses during the day that turns into fire breathing horses from Hell at night. Maybe your sim magically disappears if they ride it too many times and turns up wandering out of the Haunted House confused. Maybe they go into the House of Mirrors but end up back on the spooky carousel. Maybe your sim goes into the Haunted House but gets lost and ends up in the Magicians Magic Sword Box as part of his stage act. Everything's perfectly normal during the day, but beware nightfall.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Maybe they could add it to a Magic EP and it would be a little spooky or weird and, during the day seems perfectly normal, but at night, turns a little twisted and odd. There could be the nice fortune teller during the day that, at night, sell curses or charms or turns sims into frogs. A carousel with pretty horses during the day that turns into fire breathing horses from Hell at night. Maybe your sim magically disappears if they ride it too many times and turns up wandering out of the Haunted House confused. Maybe they go into the House of Mirrors but end up back on the spooky carousel. Maybe your sim goes into the Haunted House but gets lost and ends up in the Magicians Magic Sword Box as part of his stage act. Everything's perfectly normal during the day, but beware nightfall.

that would be fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ooh I hope so, I would so much prefer a tropical island GP to a witches GP. But I won't be greedy, I'm getting my Seasons so y'all can have your witches. :lol:
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Bring on the Witches!!!

There is so much they can do with island life, beaches, the beach lifestyle, etc. that its just so much content that should be left for an expansion, IMO. Maybe it's a hint to the next expansion following Seasons? And I know it's already way too early to talk about the next expansion when Seasons isn't released yet, but who knows, maybe we will see EP 06 for a late Q4 or Q1 2019 release?

I remember before Vampires came out a few months prior to the release a musical artist had posted a tweet saying they were working on supernatural packs- as in plural. Cats & Dogs hinted towards Seasons and we're getting it, and Laundry Day had some items that hinted to Witches; and Vampires also hinted towards Werewolves. So who knows, maybe the next game pack will be a mixture of both witches and werewolves.

But as far as a beach-theme for a game pack, in all honesty, it would be a turn-off. Leave that for a larger pack with resorts, beaches, swimmable oceans, scuba diving, vacation homes, yachts, houseboats, deserted island, new species of marine life, diving tanks, floor-to-ceiling aquariums, surf machine, new pool items, large assortment of swimwear and accessories, new pet types- parrots and iguanas, mermaids, pirates, buried treasure, etc.. There's just way too much that could truly make a fully fleshed-out expansion pack with beaches and island life alone. Do we really want a game pack that may give us just swimmable oceans, some beach activities, and a vacation home?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Since the last vacation pack was more recent than the last occult pack, I think witches would make more as the next GP. I know some people who are keen on witches and would like another life state.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I knew seasons was coming when they had the calendars with all 4 seasons in cats&dogs <3 I love the hints.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I'm not sure what to think. I know they say they don't do hints, but we all know they actually do. If you scroll down through the tee shirt designs on threadless, past the hula dancers, they also have a "Tropi-Llama". It's a llama wearing sunglasses and a lei and sipping a cold drink with palm trees in the background, giving the appearance of a tropical beach.

https://thesims.threadless.com/designs/topical-tropical/mens/t-shirt?color=royal_blue

They do have a beach in The Sims Freeplay, but I don't think llamas are associated with Freeplay. I deleted Sims Mobile, so I can't check, but I don't think they have a beach or llamas.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member

While I do think it would make sense to follow up with an island world where you could go to the beach, I don't think they would do it so soon because of how people reacted to the "my first pet" pack. They'd probably release Witches GP near september/october as halloween would be coming up.

Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    There's a sail boat picture on the toddler pool; oh my!
  • Options
    ...also, that snowman with the monocle in the holidays trailer might be a nod to the Unsavory Charlatan in TS2 Bon Voyage.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Since the last vacation pack was more recent than the last occult pack, I think witches would make more as the next GP. I know some people who are keen on witches and would like another life state.
    Jungle Adventure in my opinion is the furthest thing from a vacation pack its about exploring its a chance card adventure no real vacation aspect to that pack who goes tomb hunting on vacation.

At this point I'd be happy with just about anything but witches we just got a supernatural last year we need other themes covered in game packs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Jungle Adventure in my opinion is the furthest thing from a vacation pack its about exploring its a chance card adventure no real vacation aspect to that pack who goes tomb hunting on vacation.

At this point I'd be happy with just about anything but witches we just got a supernatural last year we need other themes covered in game packs.

Yes, that's how I feel about JA, too.

JA and GF are so similar to me, exploration, jungle in exchange for forests, more collections.

I'm really hoping for something different that feels like more of a luxury vacation: ski resort, tropical resort, even a dude ranch or something.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg