Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official- No snow depth

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    How much gameplay will a calendar add? That's the equivalent to me of the scrapbook feature in sims 3 but if they left out all the fun stuff and then just added that because it is amazing.

Personal choices. I don't see the fun in calendars.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    How much gameplay will a calendar add? That's the equivalent to me of the scrapbook feature in sims 3 but if they left out all the fun stuff and then just added that because it is amazing.

We don't know what the calendar's functions all are yet, but the most recent blog post seems to suggest that it can be used for scheduling events ahead of time. That's a much-requested feature, though we don't yet know if it will be usable for basegame events. It may have other uses as well - scheduling recurring holidays, perhaps?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited June 2018
    The lack of depth to snow is probably more practical from a sim's POV; sometimes it snows where I live, and if the depth of the snow is more than halfway up the height of my cat it's difficult to go out anywhere.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options

We don't know what the calendar's functions all are yet, but the most recent blog post seems to suggest that it can be used for scheduling events ahead of time. That's a much-requested feature, though we don't yet know if it will be usable for basegame events. It may have other uses as well - scheduling recurring holidays, perhaps?

Probably and that's cool but like I said I would see it more as a side feature rather than a big feature. It doesn't really catch my attention just like the gt group feature didn't add much to my gameplay. I'm someone that would rather see something for my sim anti interact with rather than having tediously create stuff like groups.

I was fine with the previous system of planning something on the day so I don't care much for planning an event for a week from now. Like I said, am interesting improvement but not adding anything to my gameplay.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited June 2018

Probably and that's cool but like I said I would see it more as a side feature rather than a big feature. It doesn't really catch my attention just like the gt group feature didn't add much to my gameplay. I'm someone that would rather see something for my sim anti interact with rather than having tediously create stuff like groups.

I was fine with the previous system of planning something on the day so I don't care much for planning an event for a week from now. Like I said, am interesting improvement but not adding anything to my gameplay.

Different people play differently. For me personally, the GT group feature is a huge gameplay addition and something I use all the time. So the calendar may not seem significant for your gameplay and that's cool, but for me personally I think the calendar will add a lot more in terms of gameplay. Deeper snow could add more immersion but would provide no real additional gameplay.
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »

Different people play differently. For me personally, the GT group feature is a huge gameplay addition and something I use all the time. So the calendar may not seem significant for your gameplay and that's cool, but for me personally I think the calendar will add a lot more in terms of gameplay. Deeper snow could add more immersion but would provide no real additional gameplay.

See and for me depth of snow would make a weirdly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 impact on my game. But honestly what I look for is more gsmeplay related objects. I'm always disappointed by this aspect in sims 4 and while in sims 3 even having played it for nearly 10 years I still feel there is much to explore, sims 4 feels shallow and empty as if I've done everything possible and I don't play that often
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

See and for me depth of snow would make a weirdly plum impact on my game. But honestly what I look for is more gsmeplay related objects. I'm always disappointed by this aspect in sims 4 and while in sims 3 even having played it for nearly 10 years I still feel there is much to explore, sims 4 feels shallow and empty as if I've done everything possible and I don't play that often

To each their own.
    As I have said before, I could never go back to Sims 3; the sims look so ugly, and so much less alive... And I find the opposite. There's so much more to do in Sims 4.
    To be honest the ONLY thing i miss from Sims 3 is the ability to jog home from work to up my fitness easily.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options

See and for me depth of snow would make a weirdly plum impact on my game. But honestly what I look for is more gsmeplay related objects. I'm always disappointed by this aspect in sims 4 and while in sims 3 even having played it for nearly 10 years I still feel there is much to explore, sims 4 feels shallow and empty as if I've done everything possible and I don't play that often

To each their own.
    As I have said before, I could never go back to Sims 3; the sims look so ugly, and so much less alive... And I find the opposite. There's so much more to do in Sims 4.
    To be honest the ONLY thing i miss from Sims 3 is the ability to jog home from work to up my fitness easily.

Lol when I had a sim in the sports career is make him jog to work. I guess different play styles.

I do like how the sims 4 sims look at their shadows are much better and so is the lighting in game. Although some skin colors have this weird effect were it almost looks like a knitted pullover. I play sims 3 with replacement skin because the normal one isn't great.

Sims 4 has a lot of nice features but I also have a ton of mods to make them more my type of sims that don't smile right after being cheated on. And still I got bored after trying really hard not to by playing my archaeologist on the verge of poverty for quite a while.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

To each their own.

Lol when I had a sim in the sports career is make him jog to work. I guess different play styles.

I do like how the sims 4 sims look at their shadows are much better and so is the lighting in game. Although some skin colors have this weird effect were it almost looks like a knitted pullover. I play sims 3 with replacement skin because the normal one isn't great.

Sims 4 has a lot of nice features but I also have a ton of mods to make them more my type of sims that don't smile right after being cheated on. And still I got bored after trying really hard not to by playing my archaeologist on the verge of poverty for quite a while.

I have... three mods. All scripts. And i count the MCCC as one mod.
    The others is one that gives butlers needs, so they sleep, take more showers, and sneak in some computer gaming occasionally, and another one that stops the game from replacing your butler all the time.

That's all, for me. Never felt the need for anything else.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member

I have one mod. UI Extension. I also never felt the need for anything else. But that's a testament to how different people play the game differently and what one considers important another couldn't care less about. We're still getting the same winter activities without deeper snow. Would I prefer deeper snow? Yes. Are we getting deeper snow? No. End of story. For me.
  • Options
    I just don't feel we are getting enough for winter. Right now it is ice skating, snowangles, snow men and snowball fights. I'd like something more.

I am interested in seeing the whole Santa thing and the decor mechanisms. See that's stuff that I find important

I have all the personality type mods because I don't like my sims giving their enemies hugs. They still flirt too much. My sim's gf flirted on their wedding day and he got angry but the next day it was all forgotten

I do find it interesting how we see different things as important to our gameplay. I'll probably eventually get seasons on sale or if something really pulls me in I'll get it sooner.

I play both sims 3 and 4 because they provide something different. I'd still play 2 too is I wasn't so lazy to install it XD
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    All these people saying it's 'okay' and they're 'disappointed' grinds on my nerves.

"EA's ripping me off, I'm disappointed but that's okay, the pack's still called Seasons so I'm sure it'll be great."

Well. Guessing the pack contains some features they like.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    Snow depth to me is a "NO ISSUE". I don't see the point - at all. There is snow. There is snow falling. Holiday decorations that are even new ones. There is snow cover - looks like a Christmas card. Gift giving, kisses under the mistletoe. Sims playing in the snow. Ice skating. What more am I missing to not see the possibility of enjoyment and vast satisfaction in this pack. It is not as if there was no snow or no snow falling or no Holiday feel and delightful appeal to my eyes. Why am I supposed to despise what I obviously like seeing. I really don't get the point of the deep despair some players claim to feel with what they see, because I don't feel that way at all. It is plainly a no issue "to me" and I see no call to be unhappy when I enjoy seeing what I am seeing. It is simple as that.

No displeasure at all. No issue with what i do see. Eager to get this ep - period. The only displeasure I have right now is waiting for June 22 to get here. I want THIS ep in my game exactly like it is - so far anyway. So unless I see anything that does not please me in what is offered for summer, fall and spring - I am thus far eager to get this pack. We have seen winter - now what about the other three seasons. Oh and before someone brings up no tanning, no sun burning, and no ocean swimming - keep in mind those do not bother me in a season pack either seeing they are more things I would expect in a beach vacation pack than a seasons pack. Now I would like to see what is actually there for the other three season - not what isn't. I buy packs based on what is in them - not what is considered by some to be missing. Like I am thrilled to look into flower arranging - and the fall foliage, and the summer activities the game WILL actually offer. Not what is not in the pack - period. Thus said so far I see winter - I like it.

Next season please.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2018
    The extreme pessimism is... weird.
    Everything is going to suck.
    There are zero features.
    The features that are confirmed are worthless
    The features that ar econfirmed really aren't confirmed
    They're just lying to us and deliberately not giving us what we want

Again, there is nobody forcing you to buy ANY pack. Or to continue to play Sims 4 at all.

I have to agree, the forums can be such downers. I only come here when big news and packs are out, otherwise I see no point hanging around much. All the negativity does get old and annoying after awhile.

Sure it isn't perfect; but there are plenty of things that is coming that people aren't talking about or coming back and find it odd how people ignore that.

Every Sims game has it's pros and cons. Sims 3 had a lot of items but it was buggy and not as lively as Sims 2, etc...
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • Options
    sourgreendollysourgreendolly Posts: 18 Member
    I was pretty disappointed at first, but everything else is making me really happy and the glistening still looks pretty to me so it's not bothering me anymore. I totally get why some people are bothered by it though.
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Snow depth to me is a "NO ISSUE". I don't see the point - at all. There is snow. There is snow falling. Holiday decorations that are even new ones. There is snow cover - looks like a Christmas card. Gift giving, kisses under the mistletoe. Sims playing in the snow. Ice skating. What more am I missing to not see the possibility of enjoyment and vast satisfaction in this pack. It is not as if there was no snow or no snow falling or no Holiday feel and delightful appeal to my eyes. Why am I supposed to despise what I obviously like seeing. I really don't get the point of the deep despair some players claim to feel with what they see, because I don't feel that way at all. It is plainly a no issue "to me" and I see no call to be unhappy when I enjoy seeing what I am seeing. It is simple as that.

No displeasure at all. No issue with what i do see. Eager to get this ep - period. The only displeasure I have right now is waiting for June 22 to get here. I want THIS ep in my game exactly like it is - so far anyway. So unless I see anything that does not please me in what is offered for summer, fall and spring - I am thus far eager to get this pack. We have seen winter - now what about the other three seasons. Oh and before someone brings up no tanning, no sun burning, and no ocean swimming - keep in mind those do not bother me in a season pack either seeing they are more things I would expect in a beach vacation pack than a seasons pack. Now I would like to see what is actually there for the other three season - not what isn't. I buy packs based on what is in them - not what is considered by some to be missing. Like I am thrilled to look into flower arranging - and the fall foliage, and the summer activities the game WILL actually offer. Not what is not in the pack - period. Thus said so far I see winter - I like it.

Next season please.

Like you, I'm very eager for this pack! The timing is great for me too haha. Going on vacation next week, and come back the day after Seasons comes out...so now I have something to look forward to soften the blow of returning home!

I think this EP will really enhance gameplay for me. I am all about holidays and being outdoors in the summer. Hoping I will be able to utilize the new florist career to actually open up a retail florist shop...that will be a big win if that can be done. Also curious if beekeeping will result in making extra simoleans?!

I am super curious to see how all this will work, and what other features we may not have seen yet. I imagine we already know about the biggest ones, but hoping there are still some smaller offshoot gameplay still yet to be discovered.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    ShaddBoi wrote: »

Next season please.

Like you, I'm very eager for this pack! The timing is great for me too haha. Going on vacation next week, and come back the day after Seasons comes out...so now I have something to look forward to soften the blow of returning home!

I think this EP will really enhance gameplay for me. I am all about holidays and being outdoors in the summer. Hoping I will be able to utilize the new florist career to actually open up a retail florist shop...that will be a big win if that can be done. Also curious if beekeeping will result in making extra simoleans?!

I am super curious to see how all this will work, and what other features we may not have seen yet. I imagine we already know about the biggest ones, but hoping there are still some smaller offshoot gameplay still yet to be discovered.

Yes - me too, exactly. I am eager to learn more about the other seasons and make plans using them all accordingly. I wonder about the bees too as technically they could be a boon for growers and flower growers. Plus honey. Around where I live large farms often hire the bee owner to help pollinate their fields for a stronger and more even harvest. Maybe it can also be seen as a service - but if not the honey product itself is a good thing. New recipes with honey will be fun.

I am extremely excited for this pack and to learn more.

Oh, and enjoy your coming vacation - as well. Sounds sweet.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options

Next season please.

Yes - me too, exactly. I am eager to learn more about the other seasons and make plans using them all accordingly. I wonder about the bees too as technically they could be a boon for growers and flower growers. Plus honey. Around where I live large farms often hire the bee owner to help pollinate their fields for a stronger and more even harvest. Maybe it can also be seen as a service - but if not the honey product itself is a good thing. New recipes with honey will be fun.

Well only 19 or so days to go haha. It will be here before we all know it!
  • Options

Next season please.

Oh, and enjoy your coming vacation - as well. Sounds sweet.

The tricky thing is now I kind of put my sims gameplay on hold until the release. Anytime an expansion comes up that may impact many of my sims lives, I kind of stop playing until I see what the outcome is.

Sometimes I opt to start over fresh with a new game if the change is drastic enough. Usually depends on what new traits, skills, and jobs are created. Also, if we kind of have to go in and add or change everyone's outfits for seasons, that may be a case where I start over. I have a feeling, with this one, I may be starting over...

So, until then, it's Planet Coaster for me...at least until I leave for the beach haha
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    "06Bon06 wrote: »

I do find it interesting how we see different things as important to our gameplay.

Oh, yeah, for sure! :smile:

For example, I consider building snowmen, ice skating, snowball fights, and snow angels (and the other stuff confirmed so far) as all important for me, personally.

Then again, I didn’t play too much with the snow seasons in the past sims games, so that could be coloring my perspective a bit. I tend to mostly love playing in the summers.

I also didn’t get seasons for the past sims games until some years later. :sweat_smile: But even when I got them, I was mostly playing the other seasons, mostly fall and summer. I did remember having my sims have a lot of snow fights in winter, though, lol. And ice skating!

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    "06Bon06 wrote: »

I do find it interesting how we see different things as important to our gameplay.

Oh, yeah, for sure! :smile:

For example, I consider building snowmen, ice skating, snowball fights, and snow angels (and the other stuff confirmed so far) as all important for me, personally.

Then again, I didn’t play too much with the snow seasons in the past sims games, so that could be coloring my perspective a bit. I tend to mostly love playing in the summers.

I also didn’t get seasons for the past sims games until some years later. :sweat_smile: But even when I got them, I was mostly playing the other seasons, mostly fall and summer. I did remember having my sims have a lot of snow fights in winter, though, lol. And ice skating!

Haha see those are good and fun to have but I'm looking for something more for winter. Sims 2 had penguins. Sims 3 had igloss and the snowboarding thing. I'm Hoping sims 4 has that. Really special about winter too. It is my favorite season in game but I love summer irl and despise winter.

I want to be hopeful for Santa but those beats and raccoons have left me scarred of box characters in sims 4 haha
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2018
    Haha see those are good and fun to have but I'm looking for something more for winter. Sims 2 had penguins. Sims 3 had igloss and the snowboarding thing. I'm Hoping sims 4 has that. Really special about winter too. It is my favorite season in game but I love summer irl and despise winter.

Oh, ok, I get you! :smile:

Yeah, I remembered a cute penguin visiting outside of my sims apartment! It was so unexpected! :grin:

I didn’t know Sims 3 had the igloos, but I do remember snowboarding. :smile:

I also remember even Sims 1 had snowboarding! I think that came with a Vacation pack with a bit of winter stuff and some other activities.

Ah, Sims 1. Good times, good times. :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

Oh, ok, I get you! :smile:

Yeah, I remembered a cute penguin visiting outside of my sims apartment! It was so unexpected! :grin:

I didn’t know Sims 3 had the igloos, but I do remember snowboarding. :smile:

I also remember even Sims 1 had snowboarding! I think that came with a Vacation pack with a bit of winter stuff and some other activities.

Ah, Sims 1. Good times, good times. :blush:

I don't remember if I saw the penguin when the pack was new but when I got the ultimate collection I saw it walking down the street of the dorm and I was in awe.

Yes, you build them in sims 3 and then sims can woohoo in them and I think there are a few other interactions too.

Cool, I never had most of the packs for sims1, when my mom and I got into it sums 2 was already out.
  • Options
    DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    [quote="Writin_Reg;c-16506003"][quote="Drearydeary;c-16505963"]Apart from the snow being a major let down, has anyone noticed that the bushes stay green and leafy with just snow paint on top? This may minor but little things like this just take away from the game for me. [/quote]

Some bushes do stay green and leafy in winter if they are of the spruce, larch, cedar, fir, or balsam families in particular (there are others as well). At least here in New England lots of people buy bushes and trees from those families because they stay green or in case of Larch they turn a bright yellow golden colored. So I guess you would have a major let down living in very snowy New England. But Hedge bushes are very hardy and cold loving plants (they are chosen because snow and cold don't bother them) that rarely lose leaves unless they are diseased. Spruce, fir, and balsam are actually evergreens and are always green - they never lose leaves ever. also unless they are diseased. Heat can cause the leaves to turn reddish brown as they don't do well in heat and direct summer sun. They recover once fall sets in and cooler temps.

That round shrub looks like Boxwood Wintergreen which is green year round - they don't care for sun and lots of heat so they are known to stay green under their snow cover. The one on the left could be spruce, fir, or cedar - all 3 stay green in cool climates.. They actually love the cold.

Filipomel -
    The Heat waves came with WA in the Egyptian world - not seasons. I play adventure characters since Sims 3 came out and saw them right away in WA in Egypt. Store keepers used to warn my sim about Mirages in the hot sand in the desert. Granted I never saw one. LOL.[/quote]

I actually live in very snowy Canada, I considered that they may be a kind of hedge bush that stays green year round but to me they didn't really look like it, but I suppose that could be what they are and maybe those are the only kind that stay green and the rest will lose their leaves like in the sims 3 at least I hope anyway.