Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recycling old content and a lack of creativity in development

Comments

• Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    So far I'm not that concerned with what I've seen with this pack but as I said earlier animation recycling isn't as big a deal to me. I also think it is a bit too early to know for sure whats going to work out in this pack.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited May 2018
    Those are all things simmers have asked for, though. I've complained at the devs for those items to be reiterated quite a few times myself. Running a quick search on the forums for "water balloons" alone brings up a few threads where simmers requested wanting these activities again. So it's not like they're bringing the actions back out of laziness, simmers have asked for them. Personally, I think that's a good thing, but I know not everyone feels that way. They wormed in some quirky new ones, too, like befriending the scarecrow and shooting lightning bolts back into the sky after being struck by lightning. I'm sure there are other new twists on the Seasons theme that we aren't privy to just yet.

One of the things I'm really excited to see returning is the florist station. I loved that station in TS2, and I'm really excited to make a proper florist shop once again. I'm really curious to learn more about the delivery service "With a newfound green thumb as a floral designer, Sims craft flower arrangements and make deliveries around town."

"More scientific Sims can become a botanist, where they’ll analyze plants, write scientific papers and gain notoriety to earn grants. Advance your Sim’s budding talents to unlock fresh skills, new outfits and handy objects..." This is something right up my alley that I haven't been able to do just yet. I like the working from home jobs that they've added to TS4, and this sounds like one of those. If it is, I'll be really excited to check it out.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited May 2018
    Sims is A Game of Life
    Every time someone gives birth to a New baby its a form of recycling is it not? Life is life we are born and we mostly do what Our parents done as fun as kids, we grow up and eventually die, yup Life is kind of recycling so let us not take it overboard Please.
    When our family goes skiing every winter we always have snowball fights, and yea the kids love to make snow angels. Then they can't wait to go roller skating, and Ice skating, what should I stop them and say No we don't recycle? Then stop Christmas, and Thanksgiving, and even birthdays, and don't let your children play in the fall leaves, because we recycle those every Year . But if someone wants to complain about something so sweet I say let them.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited May 2018
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Sims is A Game of Life
    Every time someone gives birth to a New baby its a form of recycling is it not? Life is life we are born and we mostly do what Our parents done as fun as kids, we grow up and eventually die, yup Life is kind of recycling so let us not take it overboard Please.
    When our family goes skiing every winter we always have snowball fights, and yea the kids love to make snow angels. Then they can't wait to go roller skating, and Ice skating, what should I stop them and say No we don't recycle? Then stop Christmas, and Thanksgiving, and even birthdays, and don't let your children play in the fall leaves, because we recycle those every Year . But if someone wants to complain about something so sweet I say let them.

They are rebooted ideas, the topic is about recycling animations (especially already broken animations), simply recoloring already existing objects etc and selling it as all new and fresh.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    I'm sure there will be plenty of recycled and recolored content from previous packs included in this EP. I'm not falling for this hype. Been disappointed too many times by EA to even get a little excited over this.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2018
    Those are all things simmers have asked for, though. I've complained at the devs for those items to be reiterated quite a few times myself. Running a quick search on the forums for "water balloons" alone brings up a few threads where simmers requested wanting these activities again. So it's not like they're bringing the actions back out of laziness, simmers have asked for them. Personally, I think that's a good thing, but I know not everyone feels that way. They wormed in some quirky new ones, too, like befriending the scarecrow and shooting lightning bolts back into the sky after being struck by lightning. I'm sure there are other new twists on the Seasons theme that we aren't privy to just yet.

One of the things I'm really excited to see returning is the florist station. I loved that station in TS2, and I'm really excited to make a proper florist shop once again. I'm really curious to learn more about the delivery service "With a newfound green thumb as a floral designer, Sims craft flower arrangements and make deliveries around town."

"More scientific Sims can become a botanist, where they’ll analyze plants, write scientific papers and gain notoriety to earn grants. Advance your Sim’s budding talents to unlock fresh skills, new outfits and handy objects..." This is something right up my alley that I haven't been able to do just yet. I like the working from home jobs that they've added to TS4, and this sounds like one of those. If it is, I'll be really excited to check it out.
    Possibly, but the OP of this particular topic expressed not liking recycling, that is the subject here. And I was reacting to the statement “I am sure all of you agree its too much new in this Excellent EP to call it Recycled”. From what I’ve seen in the trailer I don’t agree with that, I actually see a lot of recycled features, regardless whether you like that or not (you do, I don’t). That doesn’t mean there won’t be anything new, maybe they’ve just started off by showing familiar and frequently requested features and more - new - things are yet to be revealed. This topic however is not about the upcoming Seasons pack. It’s about recycling stuff.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NehemiahxxNehemiahxx Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Stormsview said:
    > Sims is A Game of Life
    > Every time someone gives birth to a New baby its a form of recycling is it not? Life is life we are born and we mostly do what Our parents done as fun as kids, we grow up and eventually die, yup Life is kind of recycling so let us not take it overboard Please.
    > When our family goes skiing every winter we always have snowball fights, and yea the kids love to make snow angels. Then they can't wait to go roller skating, and Ice skating, what should I stop them and say No we don't recycle? Then stop Christmas, and Thanksgiving, and even birthdays, and don't let your children play in the fall leaves, because we recycle those every Year . But if someone wants to complain about something so sweet I say let them.

Technically all the things you have listed are not the same. Is your birthday the same every year? Imagine getting the same exact pair of socks for Christmas, just different colors. That's what the OP generally means when it come to recycling, in addition to recycling broken content (still waiting for the Doctor career to be fixed...still waiting). A concept can remain a concept, but there are a lot of different ways you can execute them. So far the Seasons expansion pack looks totally amazing, however, editing plays a strong role. Of course, I am going to wait until I see actual gameplay before making a decision.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2018

Better example of what I'm talking about is that for example, this time we get mud fights. Some are excited for this, but to me I'm actually unhappy for it.

Why? The mudfight is obviously going to be a retexture of water balloon fights, which are already a retexture of snowball fights. And as an aside, it begs the question of what's the point if EVERY season gets a variation of such a fight; it ceases to be a special occassion to run out and enjoy the moment the new Season starts because a clone of it can already be enjoyed every season.

This is exactly what I'm talking about: it feels like the team goes out of their way to recycle content and their concept ideas are based on what's most easily recycled rather than what would provide the most dynamic and enjoyable experience.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I'm waiting to see if this is actually seasons, or a season specific world.
    raw
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Sul Sul! , @Nehemiahxx Welcome to the SIms forum. It's nice to see someone jump right in as easy as some that have been here a long time.

The OP said about EA's Sims 4, "Recycling Old Content and a Lack of Creativity in Development."
    The OP made the statement so, the burden of proof is on the OP. As of this date, in my opinion, The OP has not proved the statement, Sims 4, "Recycling Old Content and a Lack of Creativity in Development." I feel this is a blatant accusation against EA and unfairly so.

I find EA to be highly Creative, They add new content very often new animations that have never been done previously. Also with every patch, they update repair any bugs found, and add even more new content to the Sims 4. The Cats & Dogs EP is Outstanding in quality and Originality.

Sims 4 has the most beautiful and best-animated Toddlers on the web, that can truly touch the player's heart, Our pets Cats & Dogs are the best well animated with real-life movements of pets on the web. The Vet career is Truly one of a kind, and highly creative.

With the release of Seasons Done as perfect as they have created it, even adding so many things in Seasons that the Simmers has been asking for and wonderfully done. How can the OP not see that?

In my opinion after studying this thread for some time now, I find the Statement against EA Completely lacking in subtlety an unfounded, I totally refute the allegations as erroneous. If I may under the rules of my opinion.

But please OP carry on as everyone has the right to their opinions, I as well, as long as it's allowed by this forum. Remember lots of us do truly have the Sims 4 pass the base game.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    I don't mind recycling the food stalls, but recycling the clothing items is outrageous. This is mostly represented in the most recent packs (jungle adventure, MY FIRST PET STUFF, etc) where they made recolors of the same exact hair. Also in My First Pet Stuff when they basically made recolors of base game shirts. CC creators could easily do that. Not to mention that My First Pet requires Cats & Dogs. That is clearly a money grab, but i'm hoping that Seasons will make up for it. I saw so many new features in the trailer and i am so excited.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    There will be no new world, so all existing worlds will have seasons. Though the big question is if we can decide the seasons (which seasons, the length etc) or if they're all premade...
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Better example of what I'm talking about is that for example, this time we get mud fights. Some are excited for this, but to me I'm actually unhappy for it.

Why? The mudfight is obviously going to be a retexture of water balloon fights, which are already a retexture of snowball fights. And as an aside, it begs the question of what's the point if EVERY season gets a variation of such a fight; it ceases to be a special occassion to run out and enjoy the moment the new Season starts because a clone of it can already be enjoyed every season.

This is exactly what I'm talking about: it feels like the team goes out of their way to recycle content and their concept ideas are based on what's most easily recycled rather than what would provide the most dynamic and enjoyable experience.

You're the exact person that would also say;

"They've made the tech for Snow fights, all they would have to do is retexture them to make activities available all year round, but they are too lazy"

Admit it. I mean, if they develop the tech, why not get the most out of it? You're trying to sound like they're lazy, when really they've gone the extra mile to make sure everything they implement gets the most benefits.

I'm actually low-key shocked that you're encouraging them to develop tech and then not expand on it to push an agenda that recycling is bad.

The FX team would have retextured everything to get the most benefits out of it, the Animation team have already done their work, therefore if they didn't do this we would have LOST content.
  • Options
    MeskenasBoiiMeskenasBoii Posts: 39 Member
    > @Stormsview said:
    > Sul Sul! , @Nehemiahxx Welcome to the SIms forum. It's nice to see someone jump right in as easy as some that have been here a long time.
    >
    > The OP said about EA's Sims 4, "Recycling Old Content and a Lack of Creativity in Development."
    > The OP made the statement so, the burden of proof is on the OP. As of this date, in my opinion, The OP has not proved the statement, Sims 4, "Recycling Old Content and a Lack of Creativity in Development." I feel this is a blatant accusation against EA and unfairly so.
    >

Perhaps maybe If you actually cared to listen and open the curtains from your LALALA land room that has the reality of what OP shared is the issue concealed, maybe you wouldn't be so blind to see the burden of proof that is right in your face? Either you misunderstood the very first post and your purposely trying to change the context of this whole problem that is obviously present. Also, what/how does the "toddlers are well-received in the game" have [i]anything[/i] to with the recycled practice of animation? I wouldn't personally start bragging about my friend's wedding out loud wedding during relative funeral's burial ceremony I would be attending. I would act appriopate and give my condolence or just leave If I didn't feel like accepting the truth (just like the situation your in, I would assume because all you is posting an irrelevant comment).

> @Stormsview said:
    > With the release of Seasons Done as perfect as they have created it, even adding so many things in Seasons that the Simmers has been asking for and wonderfully done. How can the OP not see that?
    First off, has he denied any of that or again you're making false statements just defend your personal attachment to the game you enjoy? Secondly, do you think this is the right thread to talk about the "How well is TS4 Seasons received" over "there's a problem: too many animations are recycled". How does that add any value to the issue of hand?
  • Options
    Also, since I can't edit that both, you're not even making strong arguments at all, no offense. You're failing at agreeing and even disagreeing at the op.
  • Options
    P.P.S. Just say it that you don't mind or are bothered by the recyclement. It's better than claiming OP has yet to provide proof when in reality that's not true. That is what is a false allegation.Not getting tick off because of the claims that are [i]true[/i]. Same way you cannot deny that the sky is blue.

Sorry for triple posts in a row. For some odd reasons, I cannot figure out how to combined/edit them all in one. I will do once I figure it out though
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    P.P.S. Just say it that you don't mind or are bothered by the recyclement. It's better than claiming OP has yet to provide proof when in reality that's not true. That is what is a false allegation.Not getting tick off because of the claims that are true. Same way you cannot deny that the sky is blue.

Sorry for triple posts in a row. For some odd reasons, I cannot figure out how to combined/edit them all in one. I will do once I figure it out though
    You can only edit posts when you've become an official member here. That means "You need 50 Points, 30 Posts and have an account older than 24 hours to become a Member."
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    There will be no new world, so all existing worlds will have seasons. Though the big question is if we can decide the seasons (which seasons, the length etc) or if they're all premade...

In that case I shall wait for all the hype to collapse in a fiery mess of bugs, glitches and complaints.

raw
  • Options
    "Sims 4 has the most beautiful and best-animated Toddlers on the web, that can truly touch the player's heart,"

This really indicates how bad Sims 4 really is - when only one life stage can be singled out to have been properly developed...
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited May 2018
    "Sims 4 has the most beautiful and best-animated Toddlers on the web, that can truly touch the player's heart,"

This really indicates how bad Sims 4 really is - when only one life stage can be singled out to have been properly developed...

And it's all about the graphics not the gameplay that they are commenting on. Also totally an opinion but whatever.
  • Options
    BeJaWa wrote: »

And it's all about the graphics not the gameplay that they are commenting on. Also totally an opinion but whatever.

I honestly couldn't make out what else was said (I assume English is their second language), plus it's always focused on toddlers, everyone mentions them yet the other life stages are never mentioned as "best animated on the web".... whatever "on the web" actually means
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Stormsview wrote: »
    The People are going crazy for the New Sims 4 Seasons EP. WOW

Even the teens look younger. it has everything, even swings, kids decorating the Christmas trees, turning into a superhero lol.
    That big holiday table. We have Ice Skating and rollerblade. It has everything. You have to just keep stopping the video to see everything.

This is the best I have seen to date. The Team has Knock this one out of the Water in Creativetivity.

Some comments from Real Simmers
    SimLicy
    SimLicy
    47 minutes ago
    Yas!!!!! and just in time for my birthday!!!

GamingMermaid
    48 minutes ago
    YES FINALLY!!! I can't wait to get this! OMG did that guy use lightning as magic?? O_O I need this ASAP!!

LGR
    LGR
    48 minutes ago
    Yeah man. This put a big ol' grin on my face, I can't help it.

Sakura Blossom
    42 minutes ago (edited)
    I'm not sure how many times I've watched this already.
    Edit: This is my 12th-time help.

Middleton Plays
    38 minutes ago
    I haven't felt this excited since they announced Toddlers!

XxCOOKEExxMONSTARxX
    49 minutes ago
    NOW, THIS IS ONE I WOULD PREORDER ...............I am sure all of you agree its too much new in this Excellent EP to call it Recycled. Truth is Truth What do you all think of this One?
    It absolutely looks stunning. But ice skating? Snow angels? Swings? Raking leaves? Splashing in puddles and playing with piles of leaves? Throwing water balloons and snow balls? Beekeeping? Influencing the weather with a machine? Getting struck by lightning? By no means do I want to bring down the upcoming pack, for Sims 4 fans it looks like an amazing addition. But where it comes to the subject of this topic, I actually see a lot of rebooted ideas.

This and no replacements for the cool stuff that didn't make the cut.
    No sunburn
    No suntanning
    No beach fun
    No sand castles
    No ocean swimming
    No pool floats
    No soccer
    No kissing booths
    No apple bobbing
    No love tester
    No skiing
    No photobooths
    No facepaint
    No igloos
    Pumpkin carving is an extra $10
    Horse shoes is $20
    No spraytan
    No supernatural- as usual
    As far as we've seen possibly no gradual weather
    Will ponds freeze over? Probably not
    Wild flowers?
    Egg hunting? I hope this one returns
    Slow dancing?
    Hot dog and pie eating contest?
    Doubt trick or treating will exist.
    Online dating
    Attraction system- so sims don't want any sim that walks on two legs
    Love letters
    Juice maker
    Is compost returning with the greenhouse
    Hoping for a mistletoe.

Not saying they should reuse all of this but fact is the only new thing is mud puddles and a splash pool. And a handful of stuff that came back with a festival like lot that seems to only have an ice rink and two stands.

And I'm talking about fun activities for sims to do not skill building activities so the botany thing doesn't count for me since every sim won't be a florist.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Grant Rodiek
    @SimGuruGrant
    Guys. We aren't done. I'm literally working with the team RIGHT NOW for YEARS out. Stop. Saying. We're. Done. We. Aren't. ❤️

I mean, just think of the stuff we haven't made that we know you want!

8:38 PM - May 25, 2018
    101 people are talking about this

Stormsview said...me lol
    You all need to stop worrying. And just enjoy t. Sims 4. It's already the Best and it's not done yet :):p
    Sims 2 and Sims 3 is also available, so enjoy.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
  • Options
    HowmanychairsHowmanychairs Posts: 32 Member
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > Stormsview wrote: »
    >
    > The People are going crazy for the New Sims 4 Seasons EP. WOW
    >
    > Even the teens look younger. it has everything, even swings, kids decorating the Christmas trees, turning into a superhero lol.
    > That big holiday table. We have Ice Skating and rollerblade. It has everything. You have to just keep stopping the video to see everything.
    >
    > This is the best I have seen to date. The Team has Knock this one out of the Water in Creativetivity.
    >
    > Some comments from Real Simmers
    > SimLicy
    > SimLicy
    > 47 minutes ago
    > Yas!!!!! and just in time for my birthday!!!
    >
    > GamingMermaid
    > 48 minutes ago
    > YES FINALLY!!! I can't wait to get this! OMG did that guy use lightning as magic?? O_O I need this ASAP!!
    >
    > LGR
    > LGR
    > 48 minutes ago
    > Yeah man. This put a big ol' grin on my face, I can't help it.
    >
    > Sakura Blossom
    > 42 minutes ago (edited)
    > I'm not sure how many times I've watched this already.
    > Edit: This is my 12th-time help.
    >
    > Middleton Plays
    > 38 minutes ago
    > I haven't felt this excited since they announced Toddlers!
    >
    > XxCOOKEExxMONSTARxX
    > 49 minutes ago
    > NOW, THIS IS ONE I WOULD PREORDER ...............I am sure all of you agree its too much new in this Excellent EP to call it Recycled. Truth is Truth What do you all think of this One?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It absolutely looks stunning. But ice skating? Snow angels? Swings? Raking leaves? Splashing in puddles and playing with piles of leaves? Throwing water balloons and snow balls? Beekeeping? Influencing the weather with a machine? Getting struck by lightning? By no means do I want to bring down the upcoming pack, for Sims 4 fans it looks like an amazing addition. But where it comes to the subject of this topic, I actually see a lot of rebooted ideas.

I really don't know how are you going to make Seasons pack without ice skating, snow angels,raking leaves, splashing in puddles, getting struck by lightning and all the other things that are closely tied with weather.

I like how you mentioned that Seasons will be rehash of old stuff from previous games, but you didn't include whan is new.
    Botanic career seems something that we never had before. I'm sure it won't be an active career like GTW ones, but if it's at least like CL careers I'm going to enjoy it.
    There are holidays. I know we had them before, but (apparently) now there will be an option to create custom holidays and if it's anything similar to how clubs work from GT it will be amazing.
    Kiddie pools are new thing that we never had before and it will be usable by toddlers and adult sims.
    We had flower arrang before, but in the descripton of this EP they mention flower deliveries which seems pretty cool if it's a new service. I hope that we'll have a lot of flower arrangin vatiations. Like boquets, flowers in boxes, etc...
    The EP description also metniones that children can become scouts and earn badges for exploring outdoors and making homemade holiday crafts. This one is pretty cute and it looks like its not going to be rabbit hole, but we'll have to play new EP to find out.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top