Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    It looked like they were having a New Year's Party.

I remember them being a thing in Sims 2 also. Father Time NPC would appear and change into Toddler New Year while everyone did celebrating animations and made noise.

https://youtu.be/mia5DCIgKS4

In all the years I played Sims 2, I never saw that. Do you have to be playing on December 31 at midnight for it to happen?

IIRC, on the last day of Winter (or whatever season you had set as the 4th season) you got a notification suggesting throwing a NYE party. If you threw it, you would get the above NPC at some point in the party (if the party didn't get shut down by the police before that point).

That explains why I never saw it, I never threw parties. I tried once and it didn't go well so I never threw another one.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want the Seasons to make sense in the area they belong in and that's what I think they have attempted to do. So I'm guessing no snow in the Jungle and possibly none in Oasis Springs. Just guessing of course. It would look weird to me otherwise so I'm hoping.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

I remember them being a thing in Sims 2 also. Father Time NPC would appear and change into Toddler New Year while everyone did celebrating animations and made noise.

In all the years I played Sims 2, I never saw that. Do you have to be playing on December 31 at midnight for it to happen?

@ClassicalSim

This comes with Happy Holiday Stuff. You use the phone to set up a New Year's party. The party starts at 8pm and Father Time comes down the sidewalk at about a quarter to 12.

This gives me a reason to fire up Sims 2 again.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    It looks good. I'm still sceptical bc it's TS4 but the trailer was good enough to make me fanboy a bit. Definitely like it from the looks so far.

Yeah, I want to be excited, I was about to get excited but then the rational part of my brain (such a killjoy) was like, 'Oh, so you wanna get burned again, huh?' Shut that down real quick. I want to be excited but I've been burned by The Sims 4 Era too many times not to be skeptical. :pensive:

I am happy about mud fights and kiddie pools though. I'm still not buying but I am intrigued. I hope it lives up to the hype.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2018
    Omri147 wrote: »

IIRC, on the last day of Winter (or whatever season you had set as the 4th season) you got a notification suggesting throwing a NYE party. If you threw it, you would get the above NPC at some point in the party (if the party didn't get shut down by the police before that point).
    I think that was part of Happy Holiday Stuff, not Seasons.

I never stated it was part of Seasons. I said it was part of Sims 2. I know that Santa came with that pack also, so it doesn't surprise me.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

I never stated it was part of Seasons. I said it was part of Sims 2. I know that Santa came with that pack also, so it doesn't surprise me.
    Oh okay, I must have misunderstood.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Evza wrote: »
    Alright why is nobody talking about this quote?!?
    "Toss on a raincoat to splash in a spring shower and explore the outdoors to earn badges as a scout."
    So I guess there's some sort of boy scout-ish activities that your sims can perform and earn badges for! (i'm sure female sims are included as well, just used the term "boy scout" since for some reason irl they're the only scouts that do outdoors-y stuff)
    That sounds like it has a lot of potential for interesting opportunities. JUNE 22ND IS TOO FAR AWAY LIKE HOW CAN I PLAY KNOWING THAT I'M MISSING SEASONS?!?1?!

I don't know where you been but I took Girl Guides (the Canadian version of Girl Scouts) and we also did outside activities
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!! (dances around the living room with cat)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Definitely, a purchase for me and I will also wait for more details on how it will work. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    There is just no pleasing people. I, for one, am excited! I hope they add new traits like Loves Hot Weather, Loves Cold Weather.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    YESH! Finally Seasons came out, so looking forward to this :D
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    OMG! That is one terrific trailer! I am super psyched! I never had seasons in the Sims 3 and this looks so fantastic!
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Maybe now I can switch back to TS4. I have been playing TS3 for months now and that has seasons. <3
  • Options
    The ending though, it looks like Sims can harness lightning?!?!
  • Options
    TwilightSimmerTwilightSimmer Posts: 97 Member
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! It's finally coming in a little less than a month! I don't think I'll be calm during my EOG (End of Grade) testing tomorrow. I'm sorry in advance teacher!
  • Options
    acgraceacgrace Posts: 5 New Member
    Those bathing suits are adorable ~ SO EXCITED!!!
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    This is thrilling news!! Thank you so much Maxis!!!!
  • Options
    Can we have death by bee stings?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

We have already, don't we?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Yes! From Jungle Adventures. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Okay.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

Yes! From Jungle Adventures. <3

but like, from the actual beehive box though.
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    When it finally comes to console, me:
    20BA12FE-A65E-438C-8208-1989D7AFBA5E_zpsmisfp9pu.png
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    When it finally comes to console, me:
    20BA12FE-A65E-438C-8208-1989D7AFBA5E_zpsmisfp9pu.png

I thought skeletons were a temporary lifestate?
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    I really wanted Seasons, but since I've had no problems with my games performance, I'm actually reluctant now to install it!
    MLgj4Vx.png