Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    edited May 2018
    CrownSims wrote: »
    Is there gonna be a new world though???????
    I'm not good with recognizing backgrounds, so maybe someone else can clarify, but these two screenshots don't look familiar to me? Especially the one with the crane.

fpgienK.png
    DgzbLir.png

I tried to locate all the places in the trailer while watching it. I believe that's the poor neighbourhood in Willow Creek, the one where Summer Holiday lives (both pics are the same). The clip with the ice skating I think is the neighbourhood where Goths live.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sims%204%20Seasons.JPG?dl=0

I know it would probably be too much work, but I hope there are season categories for clothing - ie. Winter, Summer, Spring/Autumn. And if your sim wears Winter clothing in the Summer, for example, they will overheat and wearing Summer clothes in Winter will make them freeze. If not, then I hope we at least get an outerwear category like previous editions and swimwear for toddlers.

That toddler looks so cute in her rain gear!

They could have sub-categories for each clothing category -- say you click on the Everyday tab then can select the season, then CAS shows the clothing appropriate for the season and you can choose accordingly. Like the Christmas sweaters wouldn't show up until Winter, and the spaghetti strap dresses and short short rompers would be more of a Summer outfit. (It could also be like the gender patch and you can remove the seasonal restriction if your Sim is a bit Erratic.) So you could go through and set up your Sim's wardrobe for the year. Or maybe your male Sim wears a tux most of the year for formalwear but in Winter he puts on a Father Christmas outfit because Reasons. :) (Just thinking of all the work to categorize all the CAS clothing makes my head wobble...)

I don't like that. Besides being over complicated what if I want my sim to not wear seasonal appropriate clothing?

I think it's best to just have the previous "Outerwear" category/filter for clothing that is warm for lower temperatures.

Your Sims can always wear anything you want. I believe that described idea is more about additional filters, so it's just a matter of checking/unchecking it (like your own Sims can wear sleep wear as athletic outfit if you wish).
    Personally, I just wish for two Outdoor categories: one for the spring/autumn, and one for the winter. One of the reasons it'd be cool in my opinion, is so Townies wouldn't wear really warm winter clothes when it's just autumn.
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    Shut up and take my money!!!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    Evza wrote: »
    Alright why is nobody talking about this quote?!?
    "Toss on a raincoat to splash in a spring shower and explore the outdoors to earn badges as a scout."
    So I guess there's some sort of boy scout-ish activities that your sims can perform and earn badges for! (i'm sure female sims are included as well, just used the term "boy scout" since for some reason irl they're the only scouts that do outdoors-y stuff)
    That sounds like it has a lot of potential for interesting opportunities. JUNE 22ND IS TOO FAR AWAY LIKE HOW CAN I PLAY KNOWING THAT I'M MISSING SEASONS?!?1?!

Excuse me - but There always was Girl Scouts and Campfire Girls - as well as Boy Scouts you know. I was in both. We did a lot more than just sell cookies. LOL.

That said - Seasons looks amazing. Sprinklers YESSSSSSS! Swings - YES, YES!!!!

I don't know why but those two things are making me beyond happy. Then I see - gift giving, roller skating - ICE skating. I'm swooning here..... Can't look any more.... OMG - kiddie pools...... ,,,,,,,........ FAINTs!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2018
    Your Sims can always wear anything you want. I believe that described idea is more about additional filters, so it's just a matter of checking/unchecking it (like your own Sims can wear sleep wear as athletic outfit if you wish).
    Personally, I just wish for two Outdoor categories: one for the spring/autumn, and one for the winter. One of the reasons it'd be cool in my opinion, is so Townies wouldn't wear really warm winter clothes when it's just autumn.

I liked Sims 2 seasons, but after awhile I just set all seasons to "Spring Spring Fall Fall" or "Spring Spring Summer Fall" because quite frankly it got too annoying to keep track of weather effects and having to wear ugly clothing or watch them suffer.
    Things like "It's summer, so you can't use the bubble pool or get overheated" or "It's winter, so you must wear a thick jacket or take freeze damage".

Also, something else just struck me thanks to your comment.
    Dear god, I will have to go in and change all townies clothing AGAIN because the game will obviously pick hideous outfits, as usual.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    EmmyGeeEmmyGee Posts: 218 Member
    I am excited for the new content that comes with this pack, particularly the figure skating, the roller skating, and the beekeeping. Will be thrilled with University or an Education pack that will give teens/young adults something else to do. Hoping for that next and soon! ;)
  • Options
    amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    Hi ! normally just lurking :) but I just had to say WEEHEEEEEEEEE!!! YAYYYY! SEASONS YES! <3 now ive got that out of the way ,does any one know if we have barges in the game already,i spotted one in the background just before,the camera zooms in on the male figure skater,at around 0.22 ? i dont want to get my hopes up for a new world,but i don't recall seeing one in game before ..
    Do you mean like this?
    Willow%20Creek.png?dl=0

If so, then yes they are already in the game.

oh! thanks! wasn't sure if i'd seen them in game.. oh well :) not too bothered though, i'd think the content ive seen far already blows me away, would have been just extra icing on the cake though ;)
  • Options
    EmmyGee wrote: »
    I am excited for the new content that comes with this pack, particularly the figure skating, the roller skating, and the beekeeping. Will be thrilled with University or an Education pack that will give teens/young adults something else to do. Hoping for that next and soon! ;)

Oh this is the main reason I am ordering this: All the activities and the CAS items.
    The actual weather is more of an annoyence to me.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    PRSJMS wrote: »
    So glad swings are back, and the kiddie pool, hopefully toddlers can play inside, ooo at 0:57 a mother sim is playing with her toddler in the background! YES! always wanted to introduce my toddler to the water like in TS3.

Good catch! I was wondering why they didn't show toddlers playing in the kiddie pool.

I think it's funny to have the adult laying in the pool -- you could play a poor family that doesn't have money (or space) for a backyard pool so the adults take oer the toddler pool to cool off. :D

In England you have to be REALLY rich and live out in the country to have a pool at home so we grew up with paddling pools and I always feel awkward adding a real pool to my sim's homes because I tend to model them after the ones I know. Can't wait to have a paddling pool in game :) (and you better believe I'm crashing my younger counsin's house this summer to take over the paddling pool! haha)

In-ground pools are fairly pricy here in the States -- above-ground pools are more in the reach of many Americans. I remember the family of one of my school playmates was the first family to have an inground pool that I knew -- then I almost drowned in it during a birthday party. :| Sometimes I wish that at least Sim kids had to learn to swim instead of jumping right in like they're half mermaid.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I WAS WRONG, I THOUGHT IT WAS FARMING.

I will take that L now. Also, does anyone have a clue what the end was about? That Sim just redirected the lightning!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmmm, It's terrain paint... but It looks good... My favorite part was when that sim redirected lightning back into the sky... magic is going to look cool.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    I tend to not do most of the things that involves micro-managing.
    I have never decorated a house for Christmas in ANY sims game, it's just too much work. I have yet to "set the table" at any point, it just seems like a weird waste of time, since the ONLY effective way to play is to fill the fridge with 3-4 leftover heaps since no sims EVER get hungry at the same time. As an example. So I don't see me ever using the "family holidays " at all unless you can set them as automatic somehow.

So we'll see if I will enable weather at all.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Evza wrote: »
    Alright why is nobody talking about this quote?!?
    "Toss ona raincoat to splash in a spring shower and explore the outdoors to earn badges as a scout."tiy
    So I guess there's some sort of boy scout-ish activities that your sims can perform and earn badges for! (i'm sure female sims are included as well, just used the term "boy scout" since for some reason irl they're the only scouts that do outdoors-y stuff)
    That sounds like it has a lot of potential for interesting opportunities. JUNE 22ND IS TOO FAR AWAY LIKE HOW CAN I PLAY KNOWING THAT I'M MISSING SEASONS?!?1?!

Excuse me - but There always was Girl Scouts and Campfire Girls - as well as Boy Scouts you know. I was in both. We did a lot more than just sell cookies. LOL.

That said - Seasons looks amazing. Sprinklers YESSSSSSS! Swings - YES, YES!!!!

I don't know why but those two things are making me beyond happy. Then I see - gift giving, roller skating - ICE skating. I'm swooning here..... Can't look any more.... OMG - kiddie pools...... ,,,,,,,........ FAINTs!!!!

Boy Scouts in the US are now allowing girls as well on a limited basis. But yes, I was a Brownie for 2 years and Girl Scout for 3, and we had our badges too including lots of outdoor activities. Maybe the badges are a collection solely for children? That would be really cool. A lot of people were upset that you couldn't send clubs to Granite Falls -- maybe they were able to patch in a fix for that?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    I'm so excited! Ice Skating! YEAH!
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited May 2018
    Toddlers can receive gifts too :3

nlOF1ag.png
  • Options
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    Toddlers can receive gifts too :3

nlOF1ag.png

Providing they're around at Christmas and haven't been forced to age up already :p
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    This is the best day of my life! It was even before I saw this, which has just added to it! I thought I'd have to wait until November! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    CrownSims wrote: »
    Is there gonna be a new world though???????
    I'm not good with recognizing backgrounds, so maybe someone else can clarify, but these two screenshots don't look familiar to me? Especially the one with the crane.

fpgienK.png
    DgzbLir.png

It's Willow Creek. There is no new world, but because there are lighting changes in the Seasons EP, looking by the trailer, it may look like a different world.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Iodum99Iodum99 Posts: 6 New Member
    Finally! Seasons have always been one of my favorite EPs in The Sims! Also what's up with that sim being struck by lightning, do they become Thor? :P
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited May 2018
    Well, I'm tentatively hopeful. So far I am impressed by what I see and hear. As long as they don't drop a major limitation in the next few weeks I think I can say this is the first EP in a while I actually think I'll enjoy, which is impressive because normally I'm meh on seasons.
    It's the ability to set holidays that really has me hooked right now, I've wanted that feature for so long.

Can't say I'm surprised its seasons been expecting this ep for a while.
  • Options
    PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    Bring on the seasons! :D
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The gods of The Sims have descended from Olympus and given the world what they wanted and needed. This looks great.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Relieve <3
  • Options
    Iodum99 wrote: »
    Finally! Seasons have always been one of my favorite EPs in The Sims! Also what's up with that sim being struck by lightning, do they become Thor? :P

"What was you the god of again?"