Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

old thread

Comments

• Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    I can celebrate my 500th post with the discovery of garden sprinklers!
    I'm so in love with the pure nostalgia this trailer has created, I feel like I may be able to finally move on from my beloved TS2 games.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,554 Member
    CoteDAzur wrote: »
    I'm so in love with the pure nostalgia this trailer has created, I feel like I may be able to finally move on from my beloved TS2 games.
    Awww... I just looked on Game and noticed that they still sell TS2 Seasons - it's only £2 brand new. Nostalgia overload :)
  • Options
    AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    I can't wait to build my own greenhouse!!!! Will the roof be an object to place at the top of the room or an actual glass texture that we can apply to any roof? So many opportunities. <3
  • Options
    Awww... I just looked on Game and noticed that they still sell TS2 Seasons - it's only £2 brand new. Nostalgia overload :)

I remember my ma' buying that for something like 20 squids in PC World when I was.. About 11. Gosh it doesn't feel that long.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,486 Member
    From the trailer I saw that when the showed the 4 seasons in one panel we saw the household from across on their lawn, but you can’t see the household from across unless it’s your own current playing household. It’s like their teasing us that’s not open world.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    I saw a swingset :) and of course the small swimming pool! I hope toddlers can play in it.

There is a toddler being put in in the background somewhere in the video. :-)
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    1. Can we control what weather we experience like in Sims 3 options menu?
    2. Can we select what Seasons we experience in game like Sims 3/2 Seasons?
    3. Are holidays back and if so how do they work?
    4. Can we finally trick or treat at people's houses with someone home unlike Sims 3 Seasons Spooky Day?
    5. Is there a new world?
    6. The Sim survived lightning strike and is now using it what is that?!
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think nobody notice we will get swings too. :smiley:

First thing I noticed!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    I'm so excited for everything! I hope toddlers can use the swings too. It would be so cute for an adult to push them on the swings.

For sure!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I seriously can't wait it comes out a week after my exams are over so it's perfect timing!

And me my exams are the 29th of June... :weary:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    From the trailer I saw that when the showed the 4 seasons in one panel we saw the household from across on their lawn, but you can’t see the household from across unless it’s your own current playing household. It’s like their teasing us that’s not open world.

The household that is active is the lady with the toddler, the guy with the orange is supposed to be a "passerby".
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    aws200 wrote: »
    1. Can we control what weather we experience like in Sims 3 options menu?
    2. Can we select what Seasons we experience in game like Sims 3/2 Seasons?
    3. Are holidays back and if so how do they work?
    4. Can we finally trick or treat at people's houses with someone home unlike Sims 3 Seasons Spooky Day?
    5. Is there a new world?
    6. The Sim survived lightning strike and is now using it what is that?!

1. Looks like we can control the weather as mentioned on the Origin page, word of add/control the seasons. Whether it's like the older games or a new UI feature I'm almost certain it will be there for rotational players in mind.
    2. Holidays are back, and we can even create our own to add, I've no clue how they're going to work but it looks fun.
    3. No clue.
    4. Not sure, doesn't look like, but maybe.
    5. Looks like a superpower, maybe it is granted by surviving the weather disaster. I'm wondering if there will be other weather incidents that you could draw powers from too. Druid-like.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    The guy didn't change his clothes when he went from one season to the next, which bums me out a little bit. I REALLY wanted to be able to have a different outfit for each season (without having to manually change it every time).

Also yes, I hope we can dictate how long seasons are etc.

I really wish there was more pool stuff in the trailer too.

It's just a trailer. Don't get too glum because you can't see everything new in it. We'll find out more soon though.
  • Options
    @BoredinTX You're right, there are always hidden features that we don't get whiff of in the main trailer. Especially CAS/UI features. @Francl27 I wouldn't worry too much for now, It's quite a norm' CAS addition for Seasons, nobody can guarantee until devs do or the game is playable but don't assume the worst!
  • Options
    I remember my ma' buying that for something like 20 squids in PC World when I was.. About 11. Gosh it doesn't feel that long.
    Those were the days! I bought my copy in Woolworths when my eldest was about eleven (I loved that store!)

Seasons.JPG?dl=0

The background of the Summer shot here shows mum interacting with a toddler in the play pool. Then the video moves on to show the guy getting buffeted around by the wind.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    When the new years party is happening in the trailer, is that a new show they have on the TV (i.e. new years countdown)
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    the other thing I noticed is the bee hive and Scarecrow, I know They are in TS1 in makin magic not sure about the others, here are some Videos from TS1 makin magic

at 0:45 is the bee hive,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLuVB6O5dxk

0:58 is the scarecrow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIwXl5JXuII
    Post edited by honeypooh1267 on
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    So no outerwear outfit category? No certain types of clothing will cause heat exhaustion/freeze to death? Do we use hairdriers again? lol
    Are penguins back? Can we make igloos and woohoo in them? Can we woohoo in leaf piles again? Are holiday festivals back for parks like Sims 3 Seasons?
    So far mixed reception it looks like it has some stuff from Sims 3 Seasons but trying to give us new pointless stuff like Static Shock wannabe at the end of the trailer for surviving the lightning strike which was dumb but hey Sims 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love replaying it an looking at the skys change with the weather.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,224 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »
    AspenSims wrote: »
    Or guys, what if they PATCH IN ocean swimming. Wishful thinking lol

I bet there won't be any river/ocean swimming :( But it does look fantastic, and we have wind for the first time! I wonder how that will work, or whether it will just be the occasional gust. I hope we have windiness that blows things, like blowing the washing dry faster etc.

The only thing I rolled my eyes at was Father Winter. Lol. They could have come up with a better name than that.

I am glad to see they are including toddlers in the weather clothing and activities.

I thought the name Father Winter was sooo cute! Lol. The kid in the red sweater in the photos by father winter looked so happy I teared up a bit.

Honestly, Father winter sounds simslar to Father Christmas.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,224 Member
    ok at the end of the trailer the guy with the lighting...was that because of the lighting hitting him or did the mean he was a witch?

I don't know if I'd call that a witch, but it definitely looks like I suppose with getting hit by lightning you can either die or obtain some kind of power through survival..
    I wonder if there's any other weather disasters that you could possible gain powers from.

Not witches I don't think personally, but definitely an element of druid-ness possibly?

Maybe, our sims can get elemental powers in the game
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Hmmm I wonder how they've implemented outfits into seasons - do townies change their outfits to appropriate outfits when there's snow or rain? That's my first question. Also, what do they mean with 'seasons will affect every world in unique ways'?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Picnics?
    Picnic.JPG?dl=0

A toddler getting a gift
    Toddler%20gift.JPG?dl=0

Party poppers and cocktails everywhere, with what looks like an ice bucket
    Party%20poppers.JPG?dl=0

I noticed also that there are strings of cards to hang up in the different seasons, and also some standing cards for surfaces.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Hmmm I wonder how they've implemented outfits into seasons - do townies change their outfits to appropriate outfits when there's snow or rain? That's my first question. Also, what do they mean with 'seasons will affect every world in unique ways'?

I think they mean depending on the climate it might not snow or it might flurry.. as in Oasis Springs, or the Jungle. It's not appropriate for heavy snows in those areas. At least this is what I'm hoping.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »

I think they mean depending on the climate it might not snow or it might flurry.. as in Oasis Springs, or the Jungle. It's not appropriate for heavy snows in those areas. At least this is what I'm hoping.
    Maybe, lets hope so. But my big question is about outfits though - season appropriate outfits for especially npc sims walking around in the neighborhood and such.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---