Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

old thread

Comments

• Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I'm really excited about the unexpected stuff that is coming like being a scout the kiddie pool the calender the customizable holidays and decorating the tree. This EP will definetly help make moments more special can't wait. I'm also happy that we don't have to wait so long anymore because i know i could not wait more than a month
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    CoteDAzur wrote: »
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    So much for adding in Rain in a Free patch i just found out that only the glass roofs is the Pre EP patch

why would they add rain in a free patch, when that's one of the main appeals of a season pack?

i just see a rain patch as an incentive to buy the EP and to future proof content after
    seasons like outerwear

Makes much more sense to add glass roofing in the free patch imo. I prefer when they opt for a building tool.

Fine be that way
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    on twitter, they say not quite like superpowers or magic, so something like playing beachball with the lighting maybe?

Post edited by honeypooh1267 on
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2018
    liliaeth wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    I think it's really cool/smart that they made it possible for people to create/add their own holidays for Sims to celebrate. The Sims team never ceases to impress me with their inclusivity this iteration. Over all the gameplay and pack demands it gets overlooked, I just hope they know many of us appreciate it.

honestly, it was one of my main issue with the festivals in City Living, that we couldn't create our own festivals. I'm glad that they don't keep the same restriction with Seasons

Amen.
    BlueR0se wrote: »

Unless there is a beach in one of the main worlds that I forgot, that would be most likely a no since it's been confirmed no new worlds.

Most likely we'll get a beach-centered GP one day with a beach that we can swim in. Not the best option but at least it's possible in the future.

Sure there are beaches. :) Windenburg and Brindleton Bay have the most notable ones. However, there are riverbanks in Willow Creek, docks that lead down to the water in Windenburg, Selvadorada, Magnolia Promenade and San Myshuno, and there are lakeside/Rivers and waterfalls in San Myshuno Meadows, and Granite Falls. There's access to large bodies of water in pretty much every world, except for maybe Oasis Springs. If I remember correctly, Oasis Springs only has small creeks?

All of the water everywhere is one of the things that I've loved most about TS4 worlds. I had believed that, at some point, some of that water would become accessible. To this day, I'm shocked that the developers didn't plan on that eventuality. It shows a clear lack of foresight. Beach swimming and water activities have been hugely popular in the series. Why didn't they think ahead? ::smh:: Especially for Selvadorada. They had to have known that Seasons was coming soon. I would have been amazing to have genuine natural spring instead of another "natural" pool.

Heck, even in the places that swimming couldn't be possible, it would have been nice to go wading in the shallows. The parents in my main family live in Willow Creek and they have such a nice little spot behind the house. It's a shame that all of those small areas are only for fishing. Otherwise, it's just for looks.

@elanorbreton Those were indeed the days. ;) Whenever I went to the doctor in the city, I'd spend a good hour perusing through Woolworth's while I waited for my mother to get off work. They had such a variety of notions, including the best buttons. <3

The only place that I liked nearly as much was the Forbidden Planet bookstore a few blocks further South.
    Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    No 3D snow? Wow Sims 2 all over again. So much for advancement in technology and 4 years to make this and we just get more parties to throw and lightning strikes. Boring. -_-
    If only Sims in Sims 4 threw parties instead of YOU having to throw them I may have been a bit more interested but as time goes on and details emerge Sims 4 base game continues to haunt and ruin DLC from ever being better than past experiences because of its vast limitations and restrictive gameplay.
    Preorder cancelled. My First Seasons Stuff for $40 is a no no.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I think the reason why we won't have the kind of snow as in TS3 is the same reason why we have this cartoony-style design (don't get me wrong, I love it) : the seasons EP was a very heavy one especially because of the snow. If they make this one as heavy as that was, many people wouldn't be able to play after buying or simply not buy the EP. Neither of that would be good for EA.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    edited May 2018
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    I think the reason why we won't have the kind of snow as in TS3 is the same reason why we have this cartoony-style design (don't get me wrong, I love it) : the seasons EP was a very heavy one especially because of the snow. If they make this one as heavy as that was, many people wouldn't be able to play after buying or simply not buy the EP. Neither of that would be good for EA.

I don't see why the art style would prevent them from adding thick snow. And the Sims 3 expansions were also pretty demanding when it came to graphics, but that didn't stop people from buying it, no matter how outdated their computers where.
    Post edited by Icewolf on
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »

I would have to disagree. I think like most of the lacking features in sims 4 this is due to problems with the engine they are using. From. My experience snow isn't that heavy on a low end system. I had one, entry level laptop with 2 gb ram and my game ran the same with or without seasons. Maybe I was just lucky since that laptop was the one wear isla paradiso ran the best XD
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    No 3D snow? Wow Sims 2 all over again.

Actually, no, The Sims 2 had 3D snow. It wasn't as gradual as the The Sims 3, but it certainly was fully 3D and deep.

Get this, this is a major step back from The Sims 2 Seasons, an EP released eleven years ago.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    It seems like whoever designed the hair for this pack really loves hair buns :p

• Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Why are people so certain we won't have good snow? I'm sure we haven't seen everything yet.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2018
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    Why are people so certain we won't have good snow? I'm sure we haven't seen everything yet.

They would advertise snow with depth if it actually existed. I mean, they showed us building snowmen, snow shoveling, and snow angels. These are activities (well those that were in previous games) that have always required deep snow in previous The Sims games. As for the one activity that wasn't in past games - snow shoveling, that most certainly is an activity that would be expected when the snow was more than a thin sheet so thin that it looks like a texture change.

This is their idea of deep snow for The Sims 4 Seasons. We don't need EA to come out and say it plainly, it's something that they would have advertised with the above activities if it were there. I guarantee it.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yea I see a lot of people getting their panties in a twist over flat snow and acting as though that ruins the pack. I mean, I wish it had more depth but it's not a deal breaker at all to me. They could always patch in some accumulation later.
  • Options
    It's not even just the lack of snow depth for me right now. It is giving me the same vibes as every pack before it. What is there really to do?

Skating is cool, and there are swings. Water balloon fights and as far as I've seen no snow ball fights. That's about it for casual activities. Not every sim will go out on a Saturday to keep bees or plant flowers so those are extras more skilled oriented activities.

So once again it will be a pack lacking in replay value. As the lack of activities not only in this pack but the game in general will make it become boring quickly, again.

Is tanning even a thing this time? Sunburns?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2018
    Here's a great comparison how Winter affects houses:
    DeAFsKNU8AAd0VZ.jpg
    latest?cb=20170703135938
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    No 3D snow? Wow Sims 2 all over again. So much for advancement in technology and 4 years to make this and we just get more parties to throw and lightning strikes. Boring. -_-
    If only Sims in Sims 4 threw parties instead of YOU having to throw them I may have been a bit more interested but as time goes on and details emerge Sims 4 base game continues to haunt and ruin DLC from ever being better than past experiences because of its vast limitations and restrictive gameplay.
    Preorder cancelled. My First Seasons Stuff for $40 is a no no.

Yeah... You'll probably reorder again once all the information comes out. :D
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2018
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    It's not even just the lack of snow depth for me right now. It is giving me the same vibes as every pack before it. What is there really to do?

Skating is cool, and there are swings. Water balloon fights and as far as I've seen no snow ball fights. That's about it for casual activities. Not every sim will go out on a Saturday to keep bees or plant flowers so those are extras more skilled oriented activities.

So once again it will be a pack lacking in replay value. As the lack of activities not only in this pack but the game in general will make it become boring quickly, again.

There are snowball fights and mud fights, plus more features that I'm too lazy to type out right now.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940199/seasons-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »

There are snowball fights and mud fights, plus more features that I'm too lazy to type out right now.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940199/seasons-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1

Yup I saw snowball fights when I looked at the trailer image.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    My takeaway.

This looks like its adding a lot of missing things and interactions to the game and more gameplay for families. Cant wait to see how pets interact with the weather.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    My takeaway.

This looks like its adding a lot of missing things and interactions to the game and more gameplay for families. Cant wait to see how pets interact with the weather.

They did say before Seasons was announced that they wouldn't let strays spawn during extreme cold temperatures, so that's a thing we know right now considering pets. (If they added it)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    No 3D snow? Wow Sims 2 all over again.

Actually, no, The Sims 2 had 3D snow. It wasn't as gradual as the The Sims 3, but it certainly was fully 3D and deep.

Get this, this is a major step back from The Sims 2 Seasons, an EP released eleven years ago.

I agree. Snow angels in the sims 2 looked like snow angels. If the snow was deep enough and only if it was a snow day would occur and kids wouldn't have to go to school. Papers and outdoor objects got covered in the snow. It wasn't flat in anyway.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think the pack looks okay, nice to see swings back and gift giving etc.

But the snow looks ugly.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    My takeaway.

They did say before Seasons was announced that they wouldn't let strays spawn during extreme cold temperatures, so that's a thing we know right now considering pets. (If they added it)
    So that makes it seem like animals will be affected by cold temperatures? Don't think they'll die because they used to say they found animal deaths besides old age too cruel, so I wonder why they won't spawn during low temperatures... I constantly see sick animals walking around town, so seeing cold animals is not that different in my opinion.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Super hyped for ummmm..... Everything I Saw In The Trailer
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    My takeaway.

So that makes it seem like animals will be affected by cold temperatures? Don't think they'll die because they used to say they found animal deaths besides old age too cruel, so I wonder why they won't spawn during low temperatures... I constantly see sick animals walking around town, so seeing cold animals is not that different in my opinion.

They said (or the OP that asked the question said) that it would be too sad to see stray pets without a home roaming the streets if it's very cold outside.
    I don't think that effects pets that have a home and family.

I'm wondering how cats will react to rain. :D
    a256aFi.gif