Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Oh I forgot about this thread, I've been travelling through backwards 24 pages tonight and I've had some pure belly laughs. I was about to have a couple of days break from the game feeling a bit lackluster, but this just reminded me of the magical, childish universe of the Sims that I've loved since TS1 release when I was a kid, and I'm not bored anymore... Now I just can't decide what to play first!
  • Options
    simerizersimerizer Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2018
    WuRQuOp.png

I found out that I could not stand the the Missing School dilemma suffered by the left-behind child so I had to kill one of the twins to use the Go To School mod more comfortably. I strongly recommend it (the mod, not the killing) because it's built like those Get To Work career and fighting for Emblem is so much fun for my mean girl, she makes a new enemy nearly daily.
  • Options
    IndustrialSimIndustrialSim Posts: 12 New Member
    I don’t know whether I’m too addicted to the sims or just the fact that I play for so many years, but I knew almost every single thing in this thread
  • Options
    HuffleFluffStuffHuffleFluffStuff Posts: 29 Member
    I just discovered this thread, and I've found out so much interesting stuff I just need to try out... right now !
    FB-final-trailer-niffler-slide.gif
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    In order to change a sim's mood I learned I can use MCCC to change the mood to fine then the desired mood.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    simerizersimerizer Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2018
    I realize I did not appreciate builders enough because I tried to renovate a hotel that my ex-cop sim and her former inmate boyfriend hooked up at so it could also function as a restaurant with an attached spa, sauna, yoga, bowling alley, tea parlor etc and after an immersive amount of time, I had not even finished the first floor. Deduced from my progress, it must have taken the original talented builder months to finish its magnificent floor plan and decoration. Look at that ridiculous and obnoxious headpiece that at least half an hour of mine went into...I'm so proud of myself. XD

5chaBA2.png
  • Options
    nonsuperstitiousnonsuperstitious Posts: 5 New Member
    i haven't been through the whole thread, so i don't know if this has been mentioned yet. but while i was tinkering with the relationships cheat, i accidentally set a romantic relationship between two sims to "-100" and instead of clearing the romance bar, it highlighted it FULLY in red and it had a little descriptor when i hovered over the sim that said "they drive each other crazy! but they drive each other... /crazy/"

so yeah, toxic relationships are a-go! pretty cool for roleplaying/storytelling.
  • Options
    nonsuperstitiousnonsuperstitious Posts: 5 New Member
    > @MocaJava said:
    > TheJokerLives99 wrote: »
    >
    > I noticed that with the last update there is a new interaction with the update: Once your neighbors come and drop off the fruitcake, your sims have a new interaction to complain about the fruitcake with other sims in your household.
    >
    > I also noticed that if an enemy of yours dies you have the ability to laugh at their grave!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Re: The fruitcake. If you eat the fruitcake you get a negative moodlet called something like 'what did I just eat?'

quoting an old post to add, that some sims actually like the fruitcake lol
    or at least mine did.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Anyone know who or what my llama friend here is?

rpRl325.png
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    CoteDAzur wrote: »

rpRl325.png

I think that might be a missing sim from the game. So that's why there's a llama thumbnail.
  • Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    edited May 2018

I didn't know that teen sims have different romance animations to adult sims.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I just found out that when you click on a mirror and click on the Try On Outfits, your sim will change from one outfit to the next, then when you cancel out of that your sim will get the flirty emotion! I thought that was awesome!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    In my main Sim family, one of my Sims loves fruitcake, but the others get "what did I just eat?" moodlet.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Very interesting thing I discovered is if your sim needs to raise their comedy skill and a TV is unavailable or other sims are busy your sim can write jokes on the computer and gain the comedy skill.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I think one of my favourite easter eggs in the sims 4 is the hidden worlds- I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before but they're so pretty!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Lexington1988Lexington1988 Posts: 70 Member
    PastelMermaid, how have I only just learnt about this! Thank you!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

rpRl325.png

Question: Are you from Britain?
    Just asking because here in Sweden we always put washing machines in the biggest bathroom. In the US they tend to have their own little room. But on TV I see that there's almost always a washer in the kitchen in British homes...

Just curious if it's accurate :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited May 2018

rpRl325.png

Just asking because here in Sweden we always put washing machines in the biggest bathroom. In the US they tend to have their own little room. But on TV I see that there's almost always a washer in the kitchen in British homes...

That's not exactly true for the US. Yes, houses actually do have a utility closet that has a washer dryer hook up but in some small houses and apartments they have the washer dryer hook up in the kitchen. It really depends on the age of the building and they way the plumbing was installed.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    BMSO wrote: »

rpRl325.png

That's not exactly true for the US. Yes, houses actually do have a utility closet that has a washer dryer hook up but in some small houses and apartments they have the washer dryer hook up in the kitchen. It really depends on the age of the building and they way the plumbing was installed.

Sometimes English homes have a "utility room" with all sorts like washers. dryers and everything "housework". Most have a washing machine in their kitchen just because of the layout of most houses here. (making use of what space they have) - depends when your house was done and how much space is available. If I had my way I'd have a washer and dryer in a downstairs toilet situation just because it's all out of the way then.

I know my American friends have their washer and dryer in the garage or like you say its own kinda room, all down to space and design I would say

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Very interesting thing I discovered is if your sim needs to raise their comedy skill and a TV is unavailable or other sims are busy your sim can write jokes on the computer and gain the comedy skill.

You can also "Watch funny videos on SimTube" on the computer, or tell jokes at a microphone.
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member

rpRl325.png

Sometimes English homes have a "utility room" with all sorts like washers. dryers and everything "housework". Most have a washing machine in their kitchen just because of the layout of most houses here. (making use of what space they have) - depends when your house was done and how much space is available. If I had my way I'd have a washer and dryer in a downstairs toilet situation just because it's all out of the way then.

I know my American friends have their washer and dryer in the garage or like you say its own kinda room, all down to space and design I would say

Homes in the U.S. have the hook ups in the Bathroom, kitchen, laundry rooms as well as laundry closets in basement & garages Depends on space, hook up (when built) and the preference of the owners.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I know the WooHoo interactions seems to become spicier and spicer with each pack; the wardrobe one is very um... aggressive. But one I hadn't seen before was the "woohoo in bush" one, where one sim actually slaps the other's behind as they're sneaking into the bush!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I know the WooHoo interactions seems to become spicier and spicer with each pack; the wardrobe one is very um... aggressive. But one I hadn't seen before was the "woohoo in bush" one, where one sim actually slaps the other's behind as they're sneaking into the bush!

The hot tub one is very raunchy too.
  • Options

That is definitely one of my favourites, it cracks me up every time :smiley:

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member

hot tub woohoo is very"make people can't help smiling" :):):)
    And I think coffin woohoo is most graceful.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top