Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questionable Things Sims Do.

I thought I'd make a thread on things sims have been doing that annoys/puzzles me and would like to hear about your experiences just for fun ! (sorry if someone did a thread on this already)

Something that always annoy me is the behavior of some sims when I invite them over to hangout
they ALWAYS do things like taking out the trash (excuse you, thanks but no thanks) or go for a random jog (cough cough DON LOTHARIO) and It would be against the law for me to forget their endless self-game of chess. I can never get them to leave on time when they sit down at the chess table, they will stay for hours sim days. :D
tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
Origin ID : Amihvn

Comments

• Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    Cooking food when there's already food in the fridge. I especially hate it when the sim that does this is low in cooking. Making ice cream or popcorn when there's food in the fridge. It got so annoying that I had to stuff those things in household inventory. Also it doesn't happen to me anymore but sims use to invite my sim out somewhere and then leave them to go home and I was like wait I thought we were going to hang out together lol
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    When a Sim goes into the basement to watch the home gym tv, instead of watching the one in the room they’re currently standing in. :|
  • Options
    JacewinduJacewindu Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2018
    Ha I love it when the friends/neighbors take out the trash. I have even had them mop up puddles before. I always think "Wow thanks what a kind sim." It almost makes me think having my sim maintain a relationship with them seem worth while, almost.

Spoilers be below if you don't have or haven't played the Jungle Adventures pack. I would wrap them in a spoiler tag but can't yet...

One thing that happened the other day that was odd/funny. I just got the Jungle Adventures pack and used one of the totems to summon the skeleton servant. The servant cleaned up a bit and proceed to terrorize the whole family with it's "joke" (I don't get skeleton humor and neither did my sims). The when the family finally went to sleep it proceeded to eat the entire contents of the fridge (all the precooked meals). Which then fell onto the floor (because skeleton duh!) Then it would turn around complain about the mess, clean it up and proceed to do it again.

Honestly it was hilarious... but still frustrating.
    Post edited by Jacewindu on
    My Mods on Nexus Mods
    My tumblr
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims suddenly standing up because a sim from a long way away is coming to hug them (the constant hugging is annoying).

Sims constantly ordering food & drink in bars/cafes. Sims playing musical chairs in community lots. Sims standing right in front of the mic when another sim is doing comedy.
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Sims stealing the drink my sim ordered at the bar!
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Sim that reached level 10 mixology, when inspired, will make bar drinks, become inspired by it, make another drink, gets inpired by it, make another drink... Infinite loop.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Sim makes meal in kitchen, walks through the dining room, goes to back of house to bedroom and eats there.

At least your sim still makes the meal in the kitchen. Mine sometimes goes all the way down to the basement and through several other rooms to use the tiny counter in the family crypt rather than the much closer, much cleaner, and much bigger counter in the kitchen.

If you have Parenting, try setting the table your sims are supposed to eat at. It stopped mine from taking their plates to the other end of the world.
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    When you go to a nightclub looking for a date for your sim:
    You: OK don't do anything stupid, we're trying to save enough money to host a wedding
    Sim: *buys most expensive drink in bar*
    You: DUDE
    Honestly they can't go on family outings any more without going practically bankrupt :D:D
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Yes this drives me nuts!!!
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    JacewinduJacewindu Posts: 29 Member
    keenow wrote: »
    Sims stealing the drink my sim ordered at the bar!

That's funny I have my sims swipe drinks at the bars all the time. I make a fun mini game out of it. You gotta be quicker if you want a drink at the bars my sims frequent. B)
    Woolenhat wrote: »
    When you go to a nightclub looking for a date for your sim:
    You: OK don't do anything stupid, we're trying to save enough money to host a wedding
    Sim: *buys most expensive drink in bar*
    You: DUDE
    Honestly they can't go on family outings any more without going practically bankrupt :D:D

I also save money on drinks that way. :D

Another questionable thing is all the flirting at the wedding receptions. Really you were dating exclusively for a long time (for a sim). And now you decide to flirt and on your wedding day? It's a little late for cold feet isn't it? If it wasn't so funny I might get mad.
    My Mods on Nexus Mods
    My tumblr
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Had two sims fight after a series of mean interactions, then after the fight they start smiling at each other and talk casually like they're best friends, and one of them randomly decides to throw a knock knock joke. Sims have some strange reactions.

Chess by yourself isn't really that strange btw. It's a common practice to make yourself better.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Pizza delivery guy/girl staying with the pizza.

No trash can? Just go ahead and dump it in the living room.

Brushing teeth while eating cereal.

Running half way across the map while on a date to play chess with a stranger.
  • Options
    NiyebeBlurrNiyebeBlurr Posts: 93 Member
    Astraelis wrote: »
    Chess by yourself isn't really that strange btw. It's a common practice to make yourself better.

oh no ! It's definitely not weird playing by yourself at all, its just the fact that the guest get so focused that they forget to leave so much that i end up having to reset them just so that the goodbye button is available again ! lol

Another frequent thing that happens on my game is when there are dishes around, if i tell a sim to clean a dish or click "load dishwasher" they only take care of one dirty dish and leave the rest. If i leave them alone sometimes i get lucky and they will stack and clean the dishes. In that case dragging dishes to the sink or trash is helpful but i would prefer if the sims did it right away.

tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
    Origin ID : Amihvn
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    How about taking the meal with you to the toilet and eating it while...?
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited April 2018
    I always wonder why they feel compelled to run halfway across the map to perform one interaction when I have them talking together. It's super annoying when you're trying to play something out a specific way and they just disregard your idea.
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    Here's a maddening one. When I play a restaurant, the sims tend to walk around, talk to others, stay HOURS somewhere other than their table. Meanwhile the food arrives and gets cold. BUT don't let the sim wait a second too long for their order when they actually decided to just sit down at the table (like a normal person would do in a restaurant). What happens? They get up and find the outdoor trashcan so they can kick it. All of my restaurants have the eco trashcan (that gives money) now... I have to admit, the look on their faces when they kick the trashcan is priceless though xD
  • Options
    1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    OMG, so many things like they like sometimes just stand and won't go to the bathroom and have to go really bad, OMG, I hated when they fall asleep in public places that's the worst. When they get fat. I just make a new one ROFL
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Maggiedoll wrote: »

And somewhat more generally, the fact that keys and locks are completely unrelated. Keys and locks are completely unrelated. What would possibly make it seem like a good idea to introduce keys and make them utterly unrelated to locks?! Why why WHY?!

THIS. I hate, hate, hate the fact that I can have a sim give a key to another sim and they can visit their apartment, but if I lock the door to household only (which I sometimes do because some neighbours can get too familiar and intrusive, when you just want some alone time) my keyholders can't access the apartment. Maybe they should add an option to the locks to allow access to "household and keyholders" and keep the remaining "access to household members only"? You know, sometimes you might not want the keyholders there either.

As for the counter problem and preparing meals on a bathroom counter or bedroom, that's one I've complained about many times around here, but I do have a way around it, sort of. I just make sure to fill all the counters with some clutter so they can't physically prepare meals there. Vases, toothbrush holders, perfume, lotion, shirts, books, towels...

Of course it isn't a perfect fix because I would like some places to remain uncluttered, but it works. I've suggested before that we should be able to designate rooms, so that they won't be able to prepare food in the rooms not assigned "kitchen"; or more simply, if there is a shower or toilet present in the room, then it automatically becomes off-limits for food preparation, unless you're a slob sim.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sim calls Mom on the phone to chat.
    While the call is gong on, same sim invites his sister-in-law to go the Humor and Hijinks festival, but she wants to sleep.
    Then the same sim invites his younger sister over, all while still on the phone with their mom.
    Sims can apparently see through walls because they'll stand staring through the stairway, apparently watching the TV on the other side instead of walking around the stairway to sit on the couch.

Just remembered another one. Young adult and teen Sims inviting children to the bar. Why? No, they are not going to the bar!

Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited April 2018
    I thought I'd make a thread on things sims have been doing that annoys/puzzles me and would like to hear about your experiences just for fun! (sorry if someone did a thread on this already)

Something that always annoys me is the behavior of some sims when I invite them over to hang out
    they ALWAYS do things like taking out the trash (excuse you, thanks but no thanks) or go for a random jog (cough cough DON LOTHARIO) and It would be against the law for me to forget their endless self-game of chess. I can never get them to leave on time when they sit down at the chess table, they will stay for hours six days. :D

1. I will start with other Sims wanting to visit my Sim's stuff and not them. This isn't the worst of them but it came to mind first.

2. When my Sim is on a date and it seems like every Sim in Simdom now wants to come over and talk with her and just sit down and talk with her and hang out and it doesn't annoy her date and I can't get an option like "um excuse me but I am on a date why don't you go wreck someone else's game they are trying to run."

3. When my Sim is at a club, bar, lounge etc. and someone is running game on her (is being super flirty with her in a one on one conversation) and decides to hook up with someone else. Really Sims if you are into another Sim ask that Sim to hook up with you or something don't run game and run away. That isn't just a low down dirty dog move but it gives my Sim a serious complex, She bathed and everything and isn't running away thinking the other Sim (running game on her) is a darn creeper. Then I have to find one of the boys in Partyhaus for her to go on a date with just to make her feel wanted and pretty once again. Circling back to 2. Maybe I need to create someone for her but that is just too much like hard work. lol.

4. When some random person your Sim has never met before breaks into their home. I mean just walks right on in and you can't just say get the heck out of my home you rude jerk. The rude jerk of a Sim just starts going into toddler, Child or teenage Sim's room and starts going through their stuff. You can't tell the super creepy (bleep, bleep, bllleeeeeeeeeeep) that your Sim is going to call the cops and have them sent to jail. What is up with that kind of behaviour? I really wish we could have a dialogue we could use on creeper Sims.

5. Stalker Sims getting a little too yandere for my liking. "Sempai, I saw you looking in the direction of another Sim and it wasn't me. I don't like that so I am going to follow... I mean... stalk you now wherever you go. That is because I love you" I can only guess is being said.

6. When another Sim invites my Sim out for a meal and my Sim is expected to pay the bill.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]