Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they will announce EP5 (Seasons) this month ?

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @domina89 wrote: »
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    I'm used to the radio silence, really. it reminds me of TS2 Era, you didn't know what was coming, its kinda nostalgic (mind you, I didn't know that trailers for games existed back then, I only knew a game was out when it was on store shelves)

Yes but TS2 always included an ad for the next expansion pack in the box so you had some idea what was coming even if it was 6 months away. I preferred that so much to getting a low quality teaser a week or two before release.

This has actually been debunked many times. They did include an ad for the next pack, but only in later shipments.

For example, Seasons was announced well after we got Pets for TS2. My copy of Pets doesn't include an ad for Seasons, it included an ad for a Stuff Pack and an add for all the packs avaliable so far.

If you got your Sims 2 Pets pack in a later shipment, you would have got the Seasons ad :)

If this was the case, if you went back through the internet, you would see an announcement for the next EP during the release of the current EP. But EA would make official announcements and that was the first time we'd hear of the pack :)

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Imagine if we do get Seasons in June. First thing I'm going to test in game is to see how the worlds look in snow and see how falling snow looks in game. Hope we get snowstorms and also hope we get a weather machine so we can create our own weather.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited April 2018
    If this was the case, if you went back through the internet, you would see an announcement for the next EP during the release of the current EP. But EA would make official announcements and that was the first time we'd hear of the pack :)

The "official" official announcements were not when we first heard of TS2 packs. Nightlife was known about a month before University's release (I know it because I read it myself on a Sims fan forum back then, but that forum closed down many years so I can't give you a link). Open for Business was also known before Nightlife's release. Here's a thread on MTS2 that's posted 3 days before Nightlife's release that talked about Open for Business:

https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=89159
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited April 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm used to the radio silence, really. it reminds me of TS2 Era, you didn't know what was coming, its kinda nostalgic (mind you, I didn't know that trailers for games existed back then, I only knew a game was out when it was on store shelves)

Yes but TS2 always included an ad for the next expansion pack in the box so you had some idea what was coming even if it was 6 months away. I preferred that so much to getting a low quality teaser a week or two before release.

This has actually been debunked many times. They did include an ad for the next pack, but only in later shipments.

For example, Seasons was announced well after we got Pets for TS2. My copy of Pets doesn't include an ad for Seasons, it included an ad for a Stuff Pack and an add for all the packs avaliable so far.

If you got your Sims 2 Pets pack in a later shipment, you would have got the Seasons ad :)

Just so you know, someone did post a teaser flyer for Nightlife that came with his University copy. :D And IIRC, I did get the Seasons ad with my copy of Pets (and I bought all EPs on the week of release). I just can't confirm because all my Sims 2 boxes were destroyed in a flood.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @elelunicy wrote: »

The "official" official announcements were not when we first heard of TS2 packs. Nightlife was known about a month before University's release (I know it because I read it myself on a Sims fan forum back then, but that forum closed down many years so I can't give you a link). Open for Business was also known before Nightlife's release. Here's a thread on MTS2 that's posted 3 days before Nightlife's release that talked about Open for Business:

Perhaps it was later Packs then. I do now that when a few of us looked back, we didn’t have any mention of Seasons, AL, FT and BV before EA serviced a press release :)
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    My guess is that they won’t announce the next EP before EA Play but announce it there instead.

I won’t be surprised though if they also announce TS5 there but only are able to show a short teaser from that game.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2018
    @elelunicy wrote: »

Perhaps it was later Packs then. I do now that when a few of us looked back, we didn’t have any mention of Seasons, AL, FT and BV before EA serviced a press release :)

I have an ad for Free Time in my Teen Style Stuff pack. I bought everything on Day of Release at Target back in those days.

**that could have been after EA serviced a press release on it, though. I think there was just about 3 months between the two packs.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I saw something that said 2 people had called customer service and the representative said that seasons would be released Sept. 18th..... I don’t know if it is true or not though.
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member

Yes you are correct, it wasn't always an ad for an expansion pack, sometimes it was a stuff pack, but my point is we always received a detailed description of whatever was being released next, unlike now where we only find out a few weeks in advance. It made TS2 feel more planned and thought out because they announced it in advance and gave us visuals so early. It also helped generate a lot of excitement for what was coming up- at least it did for me, anyway.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    My guess is that they won’t announce the next EP before EA Play but announce it there instead.

I won’t be surprised though if they also announce TS5 there but only are able to show a short teaser from that game.

I think if it's an EP they will announce it before EA Play and release it in June (simply bc July/August aren't reall the best sales months of the year :D).

Now, if it really is seasons, it better be seasons. Not "rain and sunshine". Seasons. In this particular case, nothing else will do.

On that note, I'd also be happy about getting witches :)
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I think if it's an EP they will announce it before EA Play and release it in June (simply bc July/August aren't reall the best sales months of the year :D).
    Why? EPs are usually released later in the autumn. So my guess would be both a SP and a GP before the EP.
    Now, if it really is seasons, it better be seasons. Not "rain and sunshine". Seasons. In this particular case, nothing else will do.

EA will attempt to make it as different from the earlier EPs as possible. What about a “Summer and Winter” EP with a lot of beach activities, skiing, skating and snowboarding?
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    ^ I think SimTrippy might have meant the same thing I did in a different thread; that a GP or a SP (of both for that matter) seem to small to warrent stage time at EA play.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options

Why? EPs are usually released later in the autumn. So my guess would be both a SP and a GP before the EP.

EA will attempt to make it as different from the earlier EPs as possible. What about a “Summer and Winter” EP with a lot of beach activities, skiing, skating and snowboarding?

If they only release it in autumn, they will not announce it before EA Play. I really don't see that happening, personally. They'd probably announce an autumn release in late August. It's just speculation of course, so I don't know ;)

And what I meant was that summer is just not a great month to sell things in, so if they don't release it before summer, I don't see them announcing it before either. :)

And no, no Summer and Winter.

Just Seasons. This time.
  • Options
    If though, they announce seasons at the play event then don't release it until the winter - that's an incredibly long time to wait, and continue to build the hype; I think people will have got fed up with waiting by that point.
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    If though, they announce seasons at the play event then don't release it until the winter - that's an incredibly long time to wait, and continue to build the hype; I think people will have got fed up with waiting by that point.

Yes precisely. Also the buildup is too long. People already complain about having to wait 1,5 months. This would be at least 3, possibly 4. Like, no, I can't see it. But the rumours about something special coming this quarter are quite intriguing. People have been speculating about this for 1-2 months now, and who knows? Some of it sounds rather plausible.

Now, I really, really hope "something exciting" doesn't mean one of their plum challenges tbh :D But I got a feeling something's up.
  • Options

Yes precisely. Also the buildup is too long. People already complain about having to wait 1,5 months. This would be at least 3, possibly 4. Like, no, I can't see it. But the rumours about something special coming this quarter are quite intriguing. People have been speculating about this for 1-2 months now, and who knows? Some of it sounds rather plausible.

Now, I really, really hope "something exciting" doesn't mean one of their plum challenges tbh :D But I got a feeling something's up.

I agree.
    I doubt they'd announce a challenge at a play event. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hate waiting.
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2018
    This is totally Off Topic, but... @domina89 @jackjack_k @elelunicy you guys got me all nostalgic with the discussion about the inserts, so I've gone through all my old TS2 collection and uploaded them all for you, for old times sake! I may have lost a few, but these are all of them I still have

University Box -> Nightlife Insert
    mzwSckp.jpg

Open For Business Box -> Family Fun Stuff Insert
    YFvgaD6.jpg

Glamour Life Stuff Box -> Pets Insert
    vQ3tKAz.jpg

Pets Box -> Seasons Insert
    eucHR40.jpg

Seasons Box -> Celebration! Stuff Insert
    aGUvNHL.jpg

Celebration! Stuff Box -> The Sims Stories Insert
    OcY6aSc.jpg

H&M Stuff -> SimCity DS Insert
    dBxfZLK.jpg

Bon Voyage Box -> Teen Style Stuff/SimCity Societies Insert
    schNijS.jpg

FreeTime Box -> Kitchen & Bathroom Stuff/The Sims 2 Castaway Insert
    RJu0hq3.jpg

Kitchen & Bathroom Stuff Box -> Apartment Life/The Sims 3 Insert
    ajGo2DC.jpg

Enjoy the nostalgia folks! If only we still had physical boxes to put these in... :'(

Oh also don't know if it's worth noting, but back then I had to get every game on release day.
  • Options

I agree.
    I doubt they'd announce a challenge at a play event. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hate waiting.

Yeah don't think so either ^^ I hate waiting too :(
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    The chances of an EP coming so soon are very slim imo.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Play wrote: »
    This is totally Off Topic, but... @domina89 @jackjack_k @elelunicy you guys got me all nostalgic with the discussion about the inserts, so I've gone through all my old TS2 collection and uploaded them all for you, for old times sake! I may have lost a few, but these are all of them I still have

University Box -> Nightlife Insert
    mzwSckp.jpg

Open For Business Box -> Family Fun Stuff Insert
    YFvgaD6.jpg

Glamour Life Stuff Box -> Pets Insert
    vQ3tKAz.jpg

Pets Box -> Seasons Insert
    eucHR40.jpg

Seasons Box -> Celebration! Stuff Insert
    aGUvNHL.jpg

Celebration! Stuff Box -> The Sims Stories Insert
    OcY6aSc.jpg

H&M Stuff -> SimCity DS Insert
    dBxfZLK.jpg

Bon Voyage Box -> Teen Style Stuff/SimCity Societies Insert
    schNijS.jpg

FreeTime Box -> Kitchen & Bathroom Stuff/The Sims 2 Castaway Insert
    RJu0hq3.jpg

Kitchen & Bathroom Stuff Box -> Apartment Life/The Sims 3 Insert
    ajGo2DC.jpg

Enjoy the nostalgia folks! If only we still had physical boxes to put these in... :'(

Oh also don't know if it's worth noting, but back then I had to get every game on release day.

Wo'w. I'm very young at that time of The Sims 2, was only 8 years old when first played The Sims 3. All I can say is Wow. From looking at this images it feels like the new content is always coming, it feels very magical, and the fact that the last image showed one of the Best Expansion Pack of The Sims 2 and teased sims 3, I feel excited. Like I wish they could do this again. Have Two expansion one at early of the year and the other at fall, and tease the next pack. Instead of having so many stuff packs. While those are nice, they could have use the SP Team to expand the EP/GP/QA/Engagement team to make them bigger imo. Like I said, that time truley feels magical <3<3 even just by looking at it.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I think there will be an ep announcement, I don't know if it will be seasons though. I hope it is if not these forums will probably erupt, I can just see it now.....
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »
    @elelunicy Normally I would agree with that line of thinking, but with the surprise drop of My First Pet last month any goes.

I think MFP was going to be an April release, but when it finished earlier the folks in Accounting wanted to release it early so they could recognize the revenue in the last fiscal year (which ended March 31).

I think it's way early to announce Seasons if that's the next EP. I'd expect that to get a Gamescom announcement especially if it's not arriving until the fall for holiday shopping. And I want to make sure they take enough time to get it right.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    @stilljustme2 You could correct about MFP pack.
    I still have the opinion that Sims 4 is inconsistent with its releasing of Stuff Packs and Game Packs why wouldn't they throw EP s into the mix.
    I already feel like we are watching the Fable of the Hare and the Tortoise live out in the business practices of Sims 4. Either we have a bunch of news and products or we are in a black out period of information and new content.
    jude72pla wrote: »
    @elelunicy Normally I would agree with that line of thinking, but with the surprise drop of My First Pet last month any goes.

I think MFP was going to be an April release, but when it finished earlier the folks in Accounting wanted to release it early so they could recognize the revenue in the last fiscal year (which ended March 31).

I think it's way early to announce Seasons if that's the next EP. I'd expect that to get a Gamescom announcement especially if it's not arriving until the fall for holiday shopping. And I want to make sure they take enough time to get it right.

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    THey might say "Yeah, it's seasons this year" at the play, and tease a shot or two, but they won't be releasing it yet. They've got something else in mind for the first quarter. Something free, I hope.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

If they don't I atleast hope they announce a Stuffpack. I want something to look forward to this month.